• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

catalyst and nvidia control panel?

i recently bought an amd graphics card off of amazon (an ati radeon hd 2400 xt) its not much but it is loads better than what the integrated gpu is on my motherboard (nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 4300). in the title for the card i bought it said it would come with an dms-59 to dual dvi cable. except when the card arrived in the mail, there was no cable with it. so i had to go into my bios and switch the primary video card to the igpu so i could at least install drivers for the new card. i want to install amd catalyst because i want to be able to overclock the card to get a little more performance out of it. my issue is if i install catalyst, i dont know if it would affect nvidia control panel or the drivers for the igpu. can i have catalyst and nvidia control panel on the same pc? sorry for the lengthy post

UPDATE: i downloaded the autodetect utility from the amd website. after the download part of the installation was done, i got an error saying installer integrity check has failed. i looked this up and found that downloading the driver for my gpu directly from the website sometimes works, but the version of catalyst i needed for my gpu was only compatible with winxp.so i downloaded it for xp and tried the download anyways. it was going smoothly until the reboot. it was booting up much slower than usual as well as loading and navigating applications very sluggish. not only that, but all the programs i were using that monitor my system were saying that i had an ati radeon hd 2400 pro installed! i knew this was not the case. maybe this gpu isnt compatible with its version of catalyst for windows 7? anyways it made my rig very slow so in the end it wouldnt have really been worth it

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Maybe you were shipped a 2400Pro, not the XT.