• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN X Pascal

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
How was it a good deal at all?

I get what you're saying, it's a relative thing, it wasn't cheap. But for day one buyers though, og Titan served us well for 2 years. Maxwell Titan X didn't duplicate the satisfaction, at least for me. Guessing Titan buyers probably don't look at the Radeon stuff much in general ...

Last edited:
System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
og Titan (kepler) was a great deal at the end of the day. Maxwell Titan X sort of rustled my jimmies. I can't be the only one not planning on Pascal Titan X at $1200 this generation. I'm actually downgrading to 1060.
Well, OG Titan had more of a point than all the recent Titans. The original two were excellent as long as you were a professional rendering projects and such. Though they were still in my book overpriced, they had a purpose more than just a gamer card. The Maxwell one to me was the first one that felt completely necessary because it leaned much more heavily to the gaming aspect that round instead of the professional (Unless you needed high levels of VRAM). This one is probably going to be the same which is unfortunate but it has nothing to compare to so it will sit there happily.

Fact is we don't know what Nvidia will do this round since they have kinda changed from their norm in terms of releases. Not sure when they will release GTX 1080ti, but it maybe not until closer to Christmas this year. I may end up being a Hypocrite and buying one (One now, a second later) of these just because of the way things are going even though I am normally pretty against these cards and their prices....

Last edited:
System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
I get what you're saying, it's a relative thing, it wasn't cheap. But for day one buyers though, og Titan served us well for 2 years. Maxwell Titan X didn't duplicate the satisfaction, at least for me. Guessing Titan buyers probably don't look at the Radeon stuff much in general ...

So it seems we both agree that every successor Titan has been less and less impressive compared to the previous one.

But I still stand by the fact that even the original Titan in no way deserved the name "Titan". It should have just been called the 780, and the 780 should have been the 770. The strongest card at the time was the 7970, and the Titan was only 35-40% stronger than it. That is just a standard flagship card. Nothing special about it besides the name.

Well, OG Titan had more of a point than all the recent Titans. The original two were excellent as long as you were a professional rendering projects and such. Though they were still in my book overpriced, they had a purpose more than just a gamer card. The Maxwell one to me was the first one that felt completely necessary because it leaned much more heavily to the gaming aspect that round instead of the professional (Unless you needed high levels of VRAM). This one is probably going to be the same which is unfortunate but it has nothing to compare to so it will sit there happily.

Fact is we don't know what Nvidia will do this round since they have kinda changed from their norm in terms of releases. Not sure when they will release GTX 1080ti, but it maybe not until closer to Christmas this year. I may end up being a Hypocrite and buying one (One now, a second later) of these just because of the way things are going even though I am normally pretty against these cards and their prices....

Again, anyone who says the Titan line is anything but a gaming card is just lying to themselves. It says "GTX" in the name, and has terrible compute compared to even AMD's normal gaming cards. If it was truly meant for professionals it would use Tesla drivers.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
So it seems we both agree that every successor Titan has been less and less impressive compared to the previous one.

But I still stand by the fact that even the original Titan in no way deserved the name "Titan". It should have just been called the 780, and the 780 should have been the 770. The strongest card at the time was the 7970, and the Titan was only 35-40% stronger than it. That is just a standard flagship card. Nothing special about it besides the name.
I think you have things mixed up because the Original GTX Titan was slightly higher than the GTX 780 which is above the HD 7970 Ghz edition even with all the updates and such. The R9 290X and 290 matched and beat it but that was those cards and a new generation.

Again, anyone who says the Titan line is anything but a gaming card is just lying to themselves. It says "GTX" in the name, and has terrible compute compared to even AMD's normal gaming cards. If it was truly meant for professionals it would use Tesla drivers.
By today's standards on the Titans (referring to the X), yes they are just glorified gaming cards. However, in the past they had more points that put them in the middle between the gaming cards and professional. Hence why I refer to it at times as a "Hybrid" card (regardless of what its actual name is, this is just how I refer to it) because they did in the Kepler generation have more purposes. Titan X removed alot of that and focused it way heavily on gaming so now the Titan lineup is indeed more of a gaming card than anything else.

+5 for honesty, hahaha
:) Hahaha. Its the year for me to upgrade, and honestly I bet one of those will match my three R9 290X with the way CFX scales and such so I'm just making it up however I can so to justify the purchase (If in being honest, part of my hurry to upgrade is before BF1 comes out.)

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
....we have this same discussion every year.....every year Nvdia still makes them. Every year people still buys them. Every year people complain....that shouldn't. Nvdia has a market completely dialed in that the Titian satisfies. For Nvdia and these customers...its a win win relationship.

:) Hahaha. Its the year for me to upgrade, and honestly I bet one of those will match my three R9 290X with the way CFX scales and such so I'm just making it up however I can so to justify the purchase (If in being honest, part of my hurry to upgrade is before BF1 comes out.)

That's my problem too - I want BF1 in 1080p 150Hz. I think I could get the 480 there if I turn down AA, but I would prefer a 480x2/490/vega. At this point for me Nvidia is just not an option. No Freesync, terrible mGPU support, a massive lack of future-proofing, and tons of problems like DVI/HDMI ports that just don't work correctly. These are no longer wants for me, these are constraints - and Nvidia isn't meeting them.

This is before we even get into their horrific pricing and abhorrent business practices, and the fact that their "stronger" GPU's still can't run 4K well (So what's the point?!). Ughhhhhhh I miss the old days...

So is this officially called the "GTX TITAN X Pascal" or just simply "TITAN X" per their website? Or was the "GTX TITAN X Pascal" name mentioned here merely to differentiate it from the "GTX TITAN X" previous card? :confused:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Ughhhhhhh I miss the old days...

I don't. The things we see now running AAA games with modern cards.

As much as I disagree with much of what you say (against Nvidia) I agree the Titan range is a bit of a dick.

But like @GhostRyder ..... maybe....maybe.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
They should have called it Titan XP. Best name ever! :D

....we have this same discussion every year.....every year Nvdia still makes them. Every year people still buys them. Every year people complain....that shouldn't. Nvdia has a market completely dialed in that the Titian satisfies. For Nvdia and these customers...its a win win relationship.

It's like watching an old coupling arguing for the same thing over and over and over.

Processor Intel Core i9-13900K
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Z690 Hero
Cooling EK EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) @ DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Founders Edition
Storage WD Black NVMe 1TB + WD SN750 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB + Seagate Firecuda 8TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3420DW
Case Lian Li LANCOOL 216
Audio Device(s) Edifier S351DB + Philips X2
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q5 with Gazzew Boba U4s
Software Windows 11
A little disappointed since I was hyped at 50% over the 1080 but I guess that's my fault. It's 23% faster than the GTX 1080 (1.6x of Titan X divided by 1.3x of Titan X) at its best since up to 60%

With the relative performance at "60% over Titan X," I've purchased a 1080 today to replace my Titan X and hope to get another down the road when the 1080 Ti releases. 900 CAD for 30% more performance (40% at ~1900MHz + AIB cooling) compared to maybe 1500-1600 CAD for up to 60% (no AIB cooler) is a no-brainer for me. Especially since my Titan X cooler struggles to keep it cool at an acceptable noise level and consistently runs over the power limit while not at 99% load.

So is this officially called the "GTX TITAN X Pascal" or just simply "TITAN X" per their website? Or was the "GTX TITAN X Pascal" name mentioned here merely to differentiate it from the "GTX TITAN X" previous card? :confused:

It's officially called Nvidia Titan X (Part of geforce gtx 10 series).

Well this card is more tailored to neural networks and low precision. Is there actually any news does this one have same half precision(fp16)=2*fp32 flops as p100 or is it neutered as it's been on gp104(fp16 flops=fp32 flops/64)?

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Great Announcement GTX Titan X Pascal BUT @ $1200 with 12GB they should have given it at least 16GB + it's way too high come on no GeForce GPU should be over $1000 they gave it this price so they can sell the GTX 1080 Ti @ $999.
Great GPU But a Bad price...

Are you new to this whole Titan GTX card thing from Nvidia? That wasnt the case with the original Titan and 780 so it won't be the case for this one. Titan cards are not your normal Geforce cards, though they are marketted as such. They have more compute performance than the standard geforce GTX cards to make for a cheaper option for professional uses, while also pertaining to the extreme enthusiasts and being solid for gaming. This could potentially be the ONLY card on the market right now to run 4k games maxed out at above 60fps in every title.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

This. Now can we be done????

Are you new to this whole Titan GTX card thing from Nvidia? That wasnt the case with the original Titan and 780 so it won't be the case for this one. Titan cards are not your normal Geforce cards, though they are marketted as such. They have more compute performance than the standard geforce GTX cards to make for a cheaper option for professional uses, while also pertaining to the extreme enthusiasts and being solid for gaming. This could potentially be the ONLY card on the market right now to run 4k games maxed out at above 60fps in every title.

Well while true original titan x was an exception, it had no compute advantages against gtx980ti. It has more vram and only geforce with full gm200, but all the same compute capabilities as gtx980ti have. Prosumers had use for it for it's higher vram, but other than that it has no extra value for them.

4k@60fps, you should tell that ubisoft. But yeah we might finally get there, though isn't it moving target?

Processor i7 3770k
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming
Display(s) ROG Swift PG278Q
Personally, I don't care about the Titan. Except for the important fact that it provides a glimpse of what the 1080Ti will be - if they release it that is.

No HBM2? $1200 is not worth it.
Or maybe NVIDIA will announce another HBM2 version which cost $1500

I don't. The things we see now running AAA games with modern cards.

As much as I disagree with much of what you say (against Nvidia) I agree the Titan range is a bit of a dick.

But like @GhostRyder ..... maybe....maybe.

Come on buddy, nobody here is complaining about how good the graphics are. I just miss the days of the 5870 selling well because it was a good card, as opposed to almost all of Nvidia's recent line ups being sold on marketing alone.

What you just said is flat out wrong. Only the OG Titan had enhanced compute, and even then it wasn't better than a far cheaper Radeon card.

Personally, I don't care about the Titan. Except for the important fact that it provides a glimpse of what the 1080Ti will be - if they release it that is.

Personally I think a 4600 - 6000 SP AMD Vega card will come out with 8 or 16GB of HBM2 in the December - February timeframe and absolutely crush this card. Then Nvidia will launch a full 3840 HBM2 card a couple months later as the 1180.

Last edited by a moderator:

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
With what did AMD push Nvidia to release GTX 780 Ti? No, not R9 290X.

R9 290X was faster than the GTX TITAN and the GTX 780, forcing NVIDIA to launch the GTX 780 Ti with the full 2,880 CUDA cores of the GK110 silicon.

GTX 980 Ti was scheduled before R9 Fury X was known to the public.

It was launched in response to the R9 Fury X, AMD had to readjust its pricing down to $650. Their performance was within 1% of each other, so NVIDIA designed the GTX 980 Ti as a response to the R9 Fury X. NVIDIA sacrificed the GTX TITAN X and GTX 980 to make GTX 980 Ti successful.

If your logic made sense Nvidia would currently release no card more powerful than GTX 1060, since none of the new cards from AMD can beat it.

If yours made sense, TITAN X Pascal would have 3,840 CUDA cores.

NVIDIA doesn't want GTX 1080 to suffer the fate of the GTX 980 (market irrelevance, unsold Lightnings and AMP Extremes). There won't be a GTX 1080 Ti till Vega is on the horizon.

System Name RGB-PC v2.0
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT
Memory 4x16GB DDR5-5200 CL36 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX 2080 Ti
Storage 2x2TB Samsung 980 PRO
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV273K 27" 4K 120Hz (G-SYNC compatible)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragon Red + Sennheiser HD 650
Power Supply Asus Thor II 1000W + Cablemod ModMesh Pro sleeved cables
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB with low profile red cherrys
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
I bet someone just reused old slides from Titan X and sent those to management before realizing he forgot to change the X to something else like P. Marketing people go like "can we do that? yess excellent idea!" while the engineering team facepalms in their cubicles.
That is how it usually goes.

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Come on buddy, nobody here is complaining about how good the graphics are. I just miss the days of the 5870 selling well because it was a good card, as opposed to almost all of Nvidia's recent line ups being sold on marketing alone.

What you just said is flat out wrong. Only the OG Titan had enhanced compute, and even then it wasn't better than a far cheaper Radeon card.

Personally I think a 4600 - 6000 SP AMD Vega card will come out with 8 or 16GB of HBM2 in the December - February timeframe and absolutely crush this card. Then Nvidia will launch a full 3840 HBM2 card a couple months later as the 1180.

Titan and Titan Black both held compute advantages over the 780 and 780ti. Titan X is a gamer card and was marketed as such, but on release it was quite a bit faster than the 980 and although we knew 980ti was coming it was 3 months ahead of it. Titan X has an advantage with Iray though, many of which don't know or think about due to the VRAM and cost. As much as people who can't afford or refuse to buy these cards like to stare at graphs and ponder on probable advantages of percentages the fact is they do add up. A 1070 is the same as a Titan X in relative performance, and a 1080 is about 25% faster than Titan X in 4k. If new Titan X is 30% or higher faster than the 1080 at 4k that's a phenomenal increase to those that can afford it and will buy it. The problem with people criticizing Nvidia with such scrutiny over their prices or "marketing" is the simple fact that these cards are aimed at top enthusiasts, prosumers, and enterprise markets. You don't need Quadro cards or "professional" drivers to run Iray. It'll take advantage of how many CUDA cores you throw at it, and guess what a Titan X can be purchased 5 times for the price of one M6000 which equates to 5x the performance per dollar. We have over 100 Titan X cards at my job alone, those of which won't show up on something like a Steam survey which people for some reason like to quote. So as much as people want to hate on it, Nvidia have their cake and eat it because of their position in the market. That is not their fault. I informed my boss of this card this morning and he said how many do you think we can get with separate emails on release. Trust me, even at their price they're sold but don't think for a minute this is Nvidia's bread and butter. It's not.
The funny thing is I think only 2 or 3 people that posted in 5 pages of this thread will even buy them and they're the most quite.

ppn

likewise gtx780 was released 3 years ago and look at it now, 1/3 slower than 1060. i mean thats gone from top insane level to pretty unusable weak for less than acceptable time frame. ill be perfectly satisfied if jayz2cents buys 2 or 3 titanxpascals but other than that games can wait.

R9 290X was faster than the GTX TITAN and the GTX 780, forcing NVIDIA to launch the GTX 780 Ti with the full 2,880 CUDA cores of the GK110 silicon.

It was launched in response to the R9 Fury X, AMD had to readjust its pricing down to $650. Their performance was within 1% of each other, so NVIDIA designed the GTX 980 Ti as a response to the R9 Fury X. NVIDIA sacrificed the GTX TITAN X and GTX 980 to make GTX 980 Ti successful.

If yours made sense, TITAN X Pascal would have 3,840 CUDA cores.

NVIDIA doesn't want GTX 1080 to suffer the fate of the GTX 980 (market irrelevance, unsold Lightnings and AMP Extremes). There won't be a GTX 1080 Ti till Vega is on the horizon.

Finally I can talk to someone with common sense. 100% agreed!