• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What is wrong with people?

System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes
Every time I go online to play games, I get my ass handed to me on a platter.
I'm older now and my reaction times suck, plus my internet has latency issues.

You can shoot some of the other players several times and they just don't die. (cheaters?)

This is supposed to be fun?

Not for me.

System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12A Chromax
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 12gb Asus TUF OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB OS / 860 EVO 500 GB /860 EVO 1TB/ Seagate 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 3440x1440p 144hz nano-ips ultrawide
Case Phanteks P500A (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX focus gold 80plus
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Haste
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core - Tenkeyless
Software W10

You can shoot some of the other players several times and they just don't die. (cheaters?)

Not for me.
Yep but not cheaters in the bfh scenario... Just high ping brazilian people. An entire clip on them just 10fts away and they shoot at you and you die from 4 bullets.....150ping and over ive seen that. And yes it brings a lot of rage to me

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
I think it's self-selecting in a way. As in games attract people with problems. Or maybe it's people with problems are attracted to games.

Yeah, there are teens and pre-teens with confidence/aggression issues who will rage when losing as a way to compensate the perceived threat to their masculinity. My favorite were the ones who didn't yet get a deep voice. That's expected; they're still trying to find their place in the world. Some of them grow out of it. Others find a good outlet. Those that don't probably don't have a good life; inability to keep a job, estranged family, no friends beyond casual associates, non-existent dating life, etc. Some are narcissistic enough to not notice it. The rest of us have other things in our lives to keep us busy and give us a wider perspective on things. For those people, the Internet is still there for them, be it online discussions or online multi-player games (I'm aware I'm bringing up the "gamers tend to be losers in life" stereotype). Failure in a place where they could theoretically hide their problems ("On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog"... or in this case, a trainwreck of poor judgement and self-control issues) reinforces their failures (real or not) in real life. And that stings close to home whether you're a hotshot partner of a finance company living in a tony London gated community, a slacker college student in danger of academic expulsion from a Montpelier university, or a career robber with an inflated sense of entitlement living in the ghettos of Detroit.

The interactive nature of games probably doesn't help as it gives a sense of agency. Playing with friends, especially with real-life friends and in person helps since everyone knows each other and keeps (relatively) grounded. Obviously this is not an option if you lack this taken-for-granted social safety net. I have a friend who is sore loser but goes on a gloating spree whenever he wins. He gets called out on it and all of us are fine with it... to us, it's just a personality quirk or him exaggerating (he's an otherwise well-balanced individual and not even super competitive). I don't know if he has such an attitude online (we mostly play games locally) and how he'd perceived if he did. Maybe perspective is a thing, too.

Personally, I don't rage in games. Snide comments, sure. But rage? No. Maybe it's because I tend to be easy going and maybe because I have low expectations from people. The worst I remember doing was a rant to someone epically failing something in a MMORPG party (don't remember if it was World of Warcraft or Champions Online or something else entirely). There are things in real life where I have less patience and forgiveness with, but those tend to be more important stuff.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Do people with rage issues gravitate towards video games or do video games bring out the hidden inner rage that is bottled up throughout the day?
Both. Violent people are drawn to violent games. Playing violent games temporarily increases aggressiveness.

My solution is simple: I simply don't play competitive multiplayer games.

System Name Home Brewed
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Generic
Benchmark Scores yes
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506

Not for me.
This is me but I do have the odd Rambo moment that makes it all worthwhile and fun but I'm like rhino I don't moan I just game on , bar crashers that is ,they make my blood boil to instaquit levels.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
@JC316 and i just left a SC2 clan we've been part of for ages, due to toxic players. One player turned the clan into his new friends list - booting out people that weren't up to his standards, rigging clan v clan matches so he'd always win - while he himself relied on cheese (simple, insta-win or lose entirely strategies) and coasted along on the skill of the team mates.

We had a few famous trolls that only gave up when one of the map devs for the custom maps we play implemented a kick feature so we could vote them out.

The hardcore players are the most toxic, and they're loud. You almost need to play with friends these days, to avoid the bullshit.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Honestly this is why I still play a crap ton of modded minecraft. If there are people in the server we can do our own things unless someone needs something.

System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
Honestly this is why I still play a crap ton of modded minecraft. If there are people in the server we can do our own things unless someone needs something.

Unless i come in and start raging your beautiful server with hacks. Since this is the demographic of what everyone believes all toxic people do.
Remember folks, toxic does not mean bad, games bring out different sides to people, some people competitive will have emotion in the same field as their competitive side.
Think of it this way, there are guys who mouth off when in a game as it's a completely different mind set, that same guy will take you out the next day for a drink and share some good times as a friend.

There are also sore losers, that's completely different to it, competitive anger can be aimed at your own mistakes or you thinking you have been duped or cheated.

Animals, Wolf packs for instance are made up of Alpha and Beta type Wolf's, the Beta is not inferior, they are just different. Beta's are usually non competitive for the female.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I just play emulators now like the internet/mp games doesn't exist.

I have some loser geezer from Canada stalking my YT channel from when I played BF4(lots of mentally ill players there) thumbing down everything.
This person posted my personal pictures on the BF4 forums shaming me and shit. The good for shit Mods left it on there for a day as well.
That's how sick people are they cant let things go. Any MP game now is poison.

System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I just play emulators now like the internet/mp games doesn't exist.

I have some loser geezer from Canada stalking my YT channel from when I played BF4(lots of mentally ill players there) thumbing down everything.
This person posted my personal pictures on the BF4 forums shaming me and shit. The good for shit Mods left it on there for a day as well.
That's how sick people are they cant let things go. Any MP game now is poison.

LOL i got my haters too, but it comes with the territory, my bro has Autism and trolls some random free chat site some days... he's weird but he's my bro, not sure what he get's up to on there though.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Unless i come in and start raging your beautiful server with hacks. Since this is the demographic of what everyone believes all toxic people do.
Remember folks, toxic does not mean bad, games bring out different sides to people, some people competitive will have emotion in the same field as their competitive side.
Think of it this way, there are guys who mouth off when in a game as it's a completely different mind set, that same guy will take you out the next day for a drink and share some good times as a friend.

There are also sore losers, that's completely different to it, competitive anger can be aimed at your own mistakes or you thinking you have been duped or cheated.

Animals, Wolf packs for instance are made up of Alpha and Beta type Wolf's, the Beta is not inferior, they are just different. Beta's are usually non competitive for the female.

don't worry, I have backups of backups of backups lolol

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
don't worry, I have backups of backups of backups lolol

And isn't there a mod that allows you to click a block or group of blocks and have it restore back to a point in time? I remember having something like that years ago when mailman played minecraft on my server lol

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Best rage/troll comment i had was playing Fifa 2014 i believe,playing Coop online season mode with one of my uni mate and he goes on scores 2 goals. After the match ends i get message from the opponent calling me a d*ckhead for scoring goals against him when i didn't even score them lol.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
Grown men being verbally abusive is not only shocking

Grown men acting verbally abusive is shocking to you? I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that I've been in the residential construction field for the past 25 years, but I actually expect 20-30 year olds' to be verbally abusive. More so than any other age group except late-teens (and then, only when the late-teens are in a group).

But to reply to your rant, I feel it has a lot to do with the anonymity of the internet that people act like that. I mean, face it. I can say the most disrespectful and insulting comments to Nate Diaz (MMA fighter that beat Conner McGregor at and is about to rematch), and there isn't a single thing he can do about it, aside from throwing insults back at me. It's the lack of consequences for the actions that promote this behavior.

Me personally? My PS4 has never had a mic hooked up to it, and other players are muted once I purchase a game in the game settings.

Funny story from back in the 90-ties playing MW4-
A friend of mine and I were playing some open games on my server with some other players. We knew some of the other players, some were names we were unfamiliar with. The game didn't have in-game voice coms like games do now, so we had to use text chat in-game unless we were on teamspeak or ventilo(which my friend and I were). Well, this one player we were unfamiliar with was particularly abusive to my friend and I for some reason. I normally won't pay any attention to it, but my friend isn't like that. I can't remember exactly what the guy was saying, but it pertained to mothers, kids, rape and death. So my friend replied to one of the guys comments with "You know I can find you right?". I guess the guy didn't realize he was connected to my server, which was named Barb's Domain, and I was playing under the same name I use here. So the guy says to my friend "Bull Sh-t, but bring you mom if you come." At that point in time, I alt-tab'ed out of the game and accessed my server, where his IP was listed. I gave the IP to my friend, who typed it out in chat. I don't think I have ever seen someone disco from a server faster. Not even 2 seconds, dude left the game and disco'ed from the server. I figure my friend scared the sh-t out of that kid. Never did see that name in use in MW4 again, and we played that game for a total of about 10 years or more.

System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Grown men acting verbally abusive is shocking to you? I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that I've been in the residential construction field for the past 25 years, but I actually expect 20-30 year olds' to be verbally abusive. More so than any other age group except late-teens (and then, only when the late-teens are in a group).

But to reply to your rant, I feel it has a lot to do with the anonymity of the internet that people act like that. I mean, face it. I can say the most disrespectful and insulting comments to Nate Diaz (MMA fighter that beat Conner McGregor at and is about to rematch), and there isn't a single thing he can do about it, aside from throwing insults back at me. It's the lack of consequences for the actions that promote this behavior.

Me personally? My PS4 has never had a mic hooked up to it, and other players are muted once I purchase a game in the game settings.

Funny story from back in the 90-ties playing MW4-
A friend of mine and I were playing some open games on my server with some other players. We knew some of the other players, some were names we were unfamiliar with. The game didn't have in-game voice coms like games do now, so we had to use text chat in-game unless we were on teamspeak or ventilo(which my friend and I were). Well, this one player we were unfamiliar with was particularly abusive to my friend and I for some reason. I normally won't pay any attention to it, but my friend isn't like that. I can't remember exactly what the guy was saying, but it pertained to mothers, kids, rape and death. So my friend replied to one of the guys comments with "You know I can find you right?". I guess the guy didn't realize he was connected to my server, which was named Barb's Domain, and I was playing under the same name I use here. So the guy says to my friend "Bull Sh-t, but bring you mom if you come." At that point in time, I alt-tab'ed out of the game and accessed my server, where his IP was listed. I gave the IP to my friend, who typed it out in chat. I don't think I have ever seen someone disco from a server faster. Not even 2 seconds, dude left the game and disco'ed from the server. I figure my friend scared the sh-t out of that kid. Never did see that name in use in MW4 again, and we played that game for a total of about 10 years or more.

You do know even getting access to someones IP is not an accurate IP of that actual user, that's just the IP assigned by the ISP, the junction that my ISP is given is nowhere near where i live lol.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
FPS has always attracted that type. Years ago (15 ish) though I was in college and the dorms would all get on at once and overwhelm several servers. Then at least you could go show up in person when someone was being an asshat and believe me it happened to all of us. But after a quick chat in person it would die down and we'd tell each other to cool it in game.

I played a few years after college on servers like that where people would only get on after work and the server admin would kick any asshats. But those soon disappeared, even the ones you would have to find their forum and website on the net and join to get a login for. So I basically quit all multiplayer fps.

I've done some other multiplayers dota style games and the like, muting mics and filtering chat (if the game allowed it) always seemed to fix the asshat issue, but I got bored of that easily. The best part of multiplayer was the community. Muting and filtering it just isn't the same. So I play single player or bots now. I never really have the time to become that good at any specific game anymore and am just looking for a cool hour or half hour of fun before bed.

You do know even getting access to someones IP is not an accurate IP of that actual user, that's just the IP assigned by the ISP, the junction that my ISP is given is nowhere near where i live lol.

Well, it won't matter to clueless, foul-mouthed, kids. When they hear something they don't think you'd know, they freak out and actually may shit on pants. (Seen it happen once in my life... when a kid got caught in a lie... pretty badly.)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Just mute them and play.
WARNING: This is a rant and just my opinion. If you are easily triggered be sure to take your meds before continuing.

Every multiplayer game I have played in the past few years has an online community that is so toxic it causes me to not want to play the game. I understand most online games, especially console games, are filled with teens who want to bang my mom. That behavior is expected at times. It seems however these days that most of these teens, who are now grown ups, ( I have been gaming online since the early days of Doom dialup) are the leading cause of toxicity. These are grown men who consistently yell into their mics, are verbally abusive TO TEAMMATES all the time, and act as if playing a video game is life or death.

Now I know what you are going to say. "Rhino, a lot of people have hard lives and use games to relieve stress." Or you will say, "Rhino, these are kids who simply do not know how to act and are most likely bullied at school all day." But that is either totally wrong or people are playing video games for the wrong reason.

Let's start with the simple fact that these are GAMES. If you are not having fun while losing then you stop playing. Now let's say that most online gamers are either white privileged children whose parents bought them a console, 2 controllers, and a bunch of games or adults with jobs who paid for it themselves. If video games are meant to be fun (they can be both competitive and fun aka Rocket League, R6: Siege, Dota2) and the people playing them are well off by any standard then why all the rage? Do people with rage issues gravitate towards video games or do video games bring out the hidden inner rage that is bottled up throughout the day? How can someone who is sitting comfortably on a couch or in a chair with climate control be so angry? Perhaps it is just lack of a global perspective but that is a conversation for a different forum.

Look, I know I am old but studies suggest that most online gamers (both PC and console) are in their 20s and 30s. They should be considered adults and act accordingly. Grown men being verbally abusive is not only shocking but also toxic. It doesn't have to be all ponies and butterflies all the time but there should be a standard level of respect for one another online. The video gaming community needs to act its age or it will be to its own determent as the people realize video games are no longer fun to play.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882

I do now, but it doesn't matter. It gave the desired results.

System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I do now, but it doesn't matter. It gave the desired results.

Was a cool move, it's also astounding how many wannabe people will get scared over that haha.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WARNING: This is a rant and just my opinion. If you are easily triggered be sure to take your meds before continuing.
Damn, I was so keen to read it I forgot my meds! :eek: Just gonna lie down for a bit before I reply...

Now, my inner do-gooder tells me that you are being wholly and unreasonably harsh on those people and that before condemning them for being total c*nts you should consider their issues and forget about yours, there's a good lad.

Thankfully my inner do-gooder doesn't exist. ;) And how I hate do-gooders, always looking after the criminal and forgetting about the victim.

I see this behaviour too. It's basically elitism with these morons trying to assert their alleged "superiority" and dominance over others and yes, taking these stupid games far too seriously. Of course, they wouldn't usually try this on to this extent in real life face-to-face situations due to the consequences. However, the format, in this case online gaming, gives them psuedo anonymity which gives them the freedom to act like the total c*nts that they truly are with few consequences. So no, you're not imagining it and you're not being unreasonable with a rant like this. I hate it too. Great post, Easy.

Alcohol is perhaps the best well known of them all for reducing inhibitions and bringing out the Real You. Again, those louts you see smashing up the place or harassing women when drunk are just expressing their true nature. With me, I actually become more polite and pleasant, if rather more slurred!

Last edited:
Just grow a thicker skin. It'll come in handy in your life. And stop playing garbage mainstream games and focus on more niche genres. Like Killing Floor 1 & 2 or Natural Selection 2. I've played all of them for long and you have few idiots occasionally, but in general both games have amazing communities, friendly and helpful players.

System Name Home Brewed
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Generic
Benchmark Scores yes