• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Unleashes the Omen X and Omen 17

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HP Inc. today launched a new family of gaming products designed specifically for those who demand the ultimate, immersive gaming experience. HP's new high-end gaming products -- the OMEN X Desktop, OMEN 17 Laptop, OMEN X Curved Display and OMEN with SteelSeries accessories -- are engineered to deliver aggressive performance and the flexibility to customize every detail to intensify the thrill of each competition.

"The OMEN X Desktop was built for serious gamers who need fierce performance out-of-the-box in a fully customizable chassis -- something not typically available from traditional PC manufacturers," said Kevin Frost, HP vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems. "HP's engineers combined a unique design that maximizes thermal management with support for industry standard components so that the true enthusiast can always be up to date with the latest hardware to maintain peak performance with a customized rig."

The OMEN X offerings are an extension of HP's unified gaming portfolio announced in May to maximize gaming performance per dollar. The OMEN X brand focuses on overbuilt and over-engineered products meant to deliver bold innovation for gaming customers.

Desktop Performance to Dominate Decisively
The OMEN X features the latest graphics technology up to dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and up to dual AMD Radeon R9 Fury X to elevate the performance of any game with stunning visuals. The 6th generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor with overclocking capability paired with a VR-ready GPU will enable flawless Virtual Reality (VR) and immersive 4K experiences for even the most demanding AAA games.

HP engineered superior thermal management allowing customers to stay cool under pressure and get the highest possible performance and full potential of the hardware. This revolutionary thermal management includes a tri-chamber design to separate components and optimize thermals with dedicated cooling in each chamber. The OMEN X Desktop also includes support for up to three 120mm liquid cooling radiators with top mounted exhaust vents and a stand that lifts the case off the ground to help pull cool air in, allowing for maximum ventilation.

Other top features include:
  • OMEN Control software provides complete design control, allowing for custom LED light modifications and brightness adjustments in real time
  • Chassis adheres to industry standards for seamless upgrades and modifications
  • Tool-less access to the internals and a hidden toolkit in the chassis accommodates upgrades
The ability to build a PC from the ground up is crucial for true enthusiast gamers and one of the most significant differentiators of the OMEN X Desktop. Builders and modders can purchase an empty OMEN X chassis as a standalone option for a completely immersive do-it-yourself (DIY) PC experience. The standalone chassis provides the same thermal benefits of the tri-chamber design and industry standards, making a custom build as seamless as end-users expect.

To help guarantee every high-end PC gamer's needs are met with the OMEN X Desktop, HP is collaborating with Maingear to build customized PCs for the ultra-enthusiast. Maingear delivers exceptional build quality, and together with HP, gamers can design the ultimate custom OMEN X build. The Maingear OMEN X Desktop will be available to customers in early 2017 and pricing will vary as a function of the customer's imagination and wallet.

OMEN 17 Laptop Powered by New NVIDIA Graphics
The latest 17.3 diagonal OMEN Laptop is designed from top-to-bottom with the performance gamer in mind. It's now one of the highest performing gaming laptops on the market with the inclusion of the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics, and one of the most portable measuring just 32.9 mm thin and weighing seven pounds.

The 17 OMEN Laptop is engineered and designed for gamers and provides the immersive experience and versatility required for relentless competition. New features include:
  • The latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and 1070 graphics technology deliver fast, smooth, and power-efficient gaming experiences
  • G-SYNC display technology optimizes gaming by synchronizing the display refresh rates to the GPU
  • Quad speakers with audio by Bang & Olufsen and HP Audio Boost for realistic sound quality
  • The addition of a mini Display Port adds support for dual 2K or 4K4 output and streaming
  • Up to 4K display resolution with 300 nits for another level for sharpness that enhances gaming and entertainment
  • VR-Ready support for gamers who want to be ready for the next frontier of gaming with VR
  • A 95W polymer battery to support the latest GPUs from NVIDIA for up to 7.55 hours of run time
OMEN X by HP Curved Display - Be Immersed
Display quality affects the overall gaming experience and to round out the OMEN ecosystem, HP is introducing the OMEN X Curved Display, which adds a new level of realism and immersion for end-users. The curved display is the first from HP to offer NVIDIA G-Sync Technology, integrating the latest technologies and more choices for customers seeking wide viewing angles and a smooth gaming experience.

OMEN by HP with SteelSeries - Victory is at Hand
To complement and enhance users' experience with the new OMEN line-up, HP is collaborating with SteelSeries to introduce a line of accessories designed to heighten gameplay and provide the utmost competitive advantage.
  • OMEN Headset with SteelSeries features lightweight suspension construction to evenly spread the weight over the entire band, allowing gamers to play longer, more comfortably.
  • OMEN Keyboard with SteelSeries enables personalization with over 16.8 million colors to create unique color schemes and allow for color changes in response to gameplay action.
  • OMEN Mouse with SteelSeries includes features for unmatched performance including customization like RGB illumination, 6 fully programmable buttons for quicker action, and zero hardware acceleration for 1:1 tracking and precise movements.
  • OMEN Mouse Pad with SteelSeries provides a high quality; non-slip rubber base and the precision professionals rely on with a durable smooth, surface.
The OMEN platform software is pre-installed on OMEN PCs and is offered for both the OMEN keyboard and OMEN mouse letting gamers easily take advantage of its many features by offering cross platform support, and features a cloud syncing system to make sure customers always have their favorite settings.

Pricing and Availability
  • The OMEN X Desktop is planned to be available at select US retailers on October 16 with a configuration starting at $2,099.99. The OMEN X is planned to be available on HP.com on August 17 starting at $1,799 and the empty OMEN X chassis with a starting price at $599.99
  • The OMEN 17 Laptop is planned to be available on HP.com starting at $1,599.99
  • The OMEN X by HP Curved Display is planned to be available on HP.com and with select retailers starting in early 2017
  • The OMEN by HP with SteelSeries Accessories are planned to be available in mid-September 2016 at HP.com and in retail starting at $79.99 for the OMEN Headset, $99.99 for the OMEN Keyboard, $59.99 for the OMEN Mouse and $19.99 for the OMEN Mouse Pad

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
what? no Voodoo DNA?

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.0
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68 V-LE
Cooling Stock Heatsink + 7 Case Fans
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 660
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12
Display(s) Optiquest by Viewsonic Q7B-3 Black 17" 8ms Since 2005 (Long Live 5:4)!
Case Xclio Nighthawk Color with additional xclio Color fans
Power Supply Seasonic X 650W Gold
Mouse MX518
Keyboard Logitech Media Keyboard Elite
Software Win 7 Pro 64bit
My first reaction to omen shape

Why does the keyboard have this weird layout which could be found in laptops where there is no space, Enter key should be full sized because otherwise it is really confusing. Someone once tried to sell me Razer Deathstalker and I said no after seeing that cramped layout for no reason.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Why does the keyboard have this weird layout which could be found in laptops where there is no space, Enter key should be full sized because otherwise it is really confusing. Someone once tried to sell me Razer Deathstalker and I said no after seeing that cramped layout for no reason.

It's am American keyboard, they have a smaller enter key, unlike most European keyboards.

American's complain European keyboards are weird so...

Also, how does this work with a G-Sync display?

System Name Diablo | Baal | Mephisto | Andariel
Processor i5-3570K@4.4GHz | 2x Xeon X5675 | i7-4710MQ | i7-2640M
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 | HP DL380 G6 | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Cooling Swiftech H220-X | Chassis cooled (6 fans + HS) | dual-fanned heatpipes | small-fanned heatpipe
Memory 32GiB DDR3-1600 CL9 | 96GiB DDR3-1333 ECC RDIMM | 32GiB DDR3L-1866 CL11 | 8GiB DDR3L-1600 CL11
Video Card(s) Dual GTX 670 in SLI | Embedded ATi ES1000 | Quadro K2100M | Intel HD 3000
Storage many, many SSDs and HDDs....
Display(s) 1 Dell U3011 + 2x Dell U2410 | HP iLO2 KVMoIP | 3200x1800 Sharp IGZO | 1366x768 IPS with Wacom pen
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D | HP DL380 G6 Chassis | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD | None | On-board | On-board
Power Supply Corsair AX850 | Dual 750W Redundant PSU (Delta) | Dell 330W+240W (Flextronics) | Lenovo 65W (Delta)
Mouse Logitech G502, Logitech G700s, Logitech G500, Dell optical mouse (emergency backup)
Keyboard 1985 IBM Model F 122-key, Ducky YOTT MX Black, Dell AT101W, 1994 IBM Model M, various integrated
Software FAAAR too much to list
It's am American keyboard, they have a smaller enter key, unlike most European keyboards.

American's complain European keyboards are weird so...

Presumably there will be nVidia-powered SKUs...

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
That keyboard looks fantastic. Might just get me one of them.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The O.P. says also can be fitted with, "up to dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and up to dual AMD Radeon R9 Fury X"
And from the look of that picture the Fury X is easily the best fit for it. Imagine two 1080 FE's stuffed in there.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
That keyboard looks fantastic. Might just get me one of them.

That keyboard looks to be a straight re-brand of the Steelseries Apex or Apex RAW if just a rubber dome. It's completely identical. Both of those boards can be had for relatively cheap.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
That keyboard looks to be a straight re-brand of the Steelseries Apex or Apex RAW if just a rubber dome. It's completely identical. Both of those boards can be had for relatively cheap.
Thanks I'll check it out.