• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Announces the LUX Series Mechanical Keyboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
CORSAIR, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the immediate and worldwide availability of its new LUX range of mechanical keyboards. Building on the phenomenal success of the CORSAIR K70, K70 RGB and K65, the new LUX range adds a host of new features and improvements. With enhanced lighting, USB pass-through and a back-lit optimized key cap font, CORSAIR LUX keyboards retain the core-design, premium materials and commitment to quality that has earned the CORSAIR K-series over 300 global media awards, making them the benchmark for high-performance keyboards.

Alongside the signature CORSAIR aluminum construction and 100% German-made Cherry MX keyswitches, the LUX range adds an enhanced internal lighting controller, allowing for finer color adjustment and even more vibrant patterns and effects. Paired with CUE (CORSAIR Utility Engine) software, stunning lighting effects are just a few clicks away.

Adding to the light show is the LUX family's new larger, modern key cap font. Designed to maximize the keyboard's ultra-bright LED backlighting, the new precision laser-etched key caps have the durability to last through years of key presses while looking their best.

The full LUX range also adds a long requested feature to the CORSAIR family of RGB keyboards - USB pass-through. Now standard on all CORSAIR LUX keyboards, USB pass-through allows users to conveniently connect a mouse, headset or other USB device directly to the keyboard for uninterrupted gameplay and easy access.

The sleek aircraft grade aluminum frame grants both a premium feel and superior durability. Every CORSAIR LUX keyboard also boasts a range of essential extras for gamers, including built-in volume controls, dedicated media keys, a detachable soft-touch wrist rest and 100% anti-ghosting / full key rollover circuitry offering the complete package of quality, features and performance.

With a choice of six different Cherry MX keyswitch types, two different sizes and three different back lighting options, whichever way you play, there's a CORSAIR LUX keyboard to suite your style and gameplay.

Specifications
  • 100% Anti-ghosting and full key rollover over USB circuitry: No matter how fast you go your key presses will always register.
  • Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Light-weight and rugged durability you need for a keyboard that's going to see a lot of action.
  • 100% Cherry MX keyswitches: Your choice of 100% German made Cherry MX Blue, Brown or Red switches, with either Red LED, Blue LED or stunning RGB backlighting.
  • Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps: Experience dynamic, vibrant multi-color backlighting.
  • The power of CUE: Sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic illumination for an enlightened gaming experience.
  • Detachable soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions.
  • Dedicated multimedia controls: The control you need to adjust your audio without interrupting your game.
  • USB 2.0 Pass-through port: Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse or headset.
  • FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel.
  • MSRP: K70 LUX RGB - $159.99, K65 LUX RGB - $129.99, K70 LUX - $119.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Games/internet/usage
Processor I7 5820k 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS X99-A2
Cooling custom water loop for cpu and gpu
Memory 16GiB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) Radeon Rx 6800 XT
Storage Samsung XP941 500 GB + 1 TB SSD
Display(s) Dell 3008WFP
Case Caselabs Magnum M8
Audio Device(s) Shiit Modi 2 Uber -> Matrix m-stage -> HD650
Power Supply beQuiet dark power pro 1200W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Win 10 Pro
Glances at ENTER key... It's small. WHAY?????!!!!

Because they use the inferior American layout for the press photos, I have a Scandinavian K95 RGB and it has the proper, full sized enter key.

Good to see them fixing the lighting controller, the old one (in K70 RGB and K95 RGB) could only reliably do 12 bit colors or 24 bit unreliably.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I recently swapped keyboards and my replacement has a small vertical enter key.
I'm constantly hitting two keys at once and find I have to think about it and look too, to make sure I get the right one. :shadedshu:
I prefer the large enter key.

These keyboards have been available at newegg for quite sometime now. I dont know how TPU has missed the press release? I guess while you guys were sleeping over weekend CM also announced two new cases.

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I will never again to buy keyboard with LED light. I search keyboard with one-white backlight, but I never use them...
Now I see that LED was not necessary and I'm glad because I didn't sacrifice PBT keycaps for ABS only because LED is better there.
If I need to choose again keyboard I would again go on these three

1. Deck 87 Francium PRO DS PBT - MX Brown
2. Filco Majestouch 2 87 - MX Brown (keycaps replacement for DS PBT or DS ABS Filco)
3. WASD V2 87 DS PBT - MX Clear

CORSAIR should launch TKL non RGB. Easy to disable and customer will not overprice RGB function if don't need.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Just another reason to charge you more $$$ for their already expensive keyboards.

Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
I don't look any more keyboards... :)
I will not pay anything without good reason.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Glances at ENTER key... It's small. WHAY?????!!!!

Not only that but the crappy caps lock too.

Not even programmable ?, pssh price is way to high and not to have that.

Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
People need to decide what they want. Quality or Good look and RGB lights. Because both not work together.
If they want good keyboard for typing than LED is not necessary because we look in screen and should use Double Shoot PBT keys.
Even best ABS keys as Filco Double Shoot ABS become glossy after some time and such keyboard work very long time. I hear ABS plastic react in long contact with human skin and keys become glossy. You can see that this is keyboard from some gamer. This is result of long use of ABS keys and these are not poor quality ABS.

And everyone buy mechanical keyboard with plan to use longer. Because we become familiar with our keyboards if they work good.
From other side PBT never look glossy, always look as new and from angle and can't become glossy.
For gaming sometimes is not so important what you use mechanical or normal keyboard. I like more mechanical but for typing is necessary.
And I would like to more brands use Cherry MX Clear because they are as Brown only even harder.
Mechanical keyboard bottom out sound without DS PBT keys never could sound so quality as with PBT keys.
And for me that's best of mechanical keyboards. My Cherry MX Brown is louder bottom out click because better keys but sound far better.
Even if you don't see keyboard, only on sound you have impression of heavy and quality keyboard. But RGB Light never could look so good on such keyboards.
Because of that people could decide. I would maybe even use WASD, Deck, Filco for typing and for gaming there are 100 keyboards excellent for gaming but not so good for typing.