• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

System Name Custom
Processor I5 4430 upgrading to I7 4790k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Cooling CM Sedion 120v ver2
Memory 16gb crusail ballistix 1600mhz 1t
Video Card(s) Galax Infinit8 GTX 970 EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage 512ssd 3 1tbs
Case CIT Dominator
Power Supply silent pro m2 720w
Mouse R.A.T 7 Red
bonjour a tous je vous contacte sur ce forum j'ai bosoin de votre aide car j'ai instaler la nouvelle mise a jour de nvidia 372.54 mais le patch difefferent sli auto 1.5 et pas compatible suste pour les pilote inferieure a 368.81 pas superieur si une personne a reussi sa serait un plaisir de avoir vos conseille merci cordialement..

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_6d7341131fca00bc new folder

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-31_18-21-0.png
    upload_2016-8-31_18-21-0.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 505
System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
If you guys have trouble with 372.54 driver. There is a new driver version 372.70 for those who havent seen it. it works great on my system with GTX 970 in sli on a old X58 platform.

rudyrajkumar

I am forced to instaled 368.54 to enable sli. because the pilot 372.54 file missing nvlddmkm. ..

I have the same issue. I am running windows 10 anniversary edition and cannot locate the nvlddmkm file to patch with 372.54. What file are you guys patching?

Thanks

CraXyOW3

Been lurking these forums a long time, reading what others have done and thus finally always been able to fix my issue.

This time i was not that fortunate, one said he got the drivers to work, but did not say how or why it was what it was.

So for some of us (as i understand it) we do no longer have the nvlddmkm.sys in windows\system32\drivers !!
Instead we got it in some generated structure like this, "c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\"
I have installed 372.70 and got 68 files in this folder among them is nvlddmkm.sys.

Copy this one to DSA 1.5, patch and follow the typical procedure written so many times already.
DSA will put the nvlddmmkm.sys in windows\system32\drivers but it seems windows loads this file anyway once it is there!

At least now there is an explanation and not just "It works for me" and no more information.

fredy FRED

bonjour les mec merci beaucoup pour tous vos conseille sa ma aider enormement j'ai suivier les conseille et j'ai trouver pourquoi il vouler pas accepter le sli alor je vous explique comment j'ai fait . je suis aller sur le dossier DSA 1.5 J'ai modifier le fichier instale j'ai mis am image et jai fouiller dans c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\" je copie le fichier nvlddmkm.sys et je colle dans le patch DSA 1.5 et je poursuit le reste de l'etape an activant et redemarer le pc comme pouver voir les photo il et bien activer. jesper que j'ai bien pu aider du monde ..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    178.3 KB · Views: 945
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    244.4 KB · Views: 707
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    229 KB · Views: 620
bonjour les mec merci beaucoup pour tous vos conseille sa ma aider enormement j'ai suivier les conseille et j'ai trouver pourquoi il vouler pas accepter le sli alor je vous explique comment j'ai fait . je suis aller sur le dossier DSA 1.5 J'ai modifier le fichier instale j'ai mis am image et jai fouiller dans c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\" je copie le fichier nvlddmkm.sys et je colle dans le patch DSA 1.5 et je poursuit le reste de l'etape an activant et redemarer le pc comme pouver voir les photo il et bien activer. jesper que j'ai bien pu aider du monde ..
thanks you, it is work

ABagOfPotato

Hey all, thought I'd chime in on here, followed everyone's advice to try and get two 660 Ti's working together but had no luck, in games in windowed mode they just artifact and crash within moments, or in fullscreen they just crash. I've done all the steps, I also bought a brand new PSU just in case so im fine on power and have tested both cards separately in other systems and my own and they both work fine. One is practically brand new and the other is a friends old card, so we know the SLI connectors are fine on them. I've tried it with both an SLI bridge and without and it made no difference. I also undervolted them and reduced the power target to the lowest possible just in case but that also made no difference. I was hoping to get them to work on this motherboard as it supports crossfire ( one 16x and one 4x ) but 0 luck so far :/ .

TLDR:

Did everything, SLI enabled but crashes in games both windowed or fullscreen. This was all on the latest driver which just above on this page was said to be working for people :s

ABagOfPotato

Not to double post but just an update, strangely I was messing around and had tried an older driver and used the 1.4 tool to try it, it crashed whenever trying to play games so i updated to the latest driver to re-try that. Without modifying that new driver it kept the SLI features and works in some games now that it did not before, albeit crashing sometimes and not being totally stable. Really confused as to why that would even work let alone make it slightly better.

Pyroluk

Hi@all,

got myself a second Asus GTX 670. Unfortunately, I cannot SLI it with my old Asus GTX 670 because it only has 2GB VRAM, the new one has 4GB.

I thought the 4GB Model will just be limited to 2GB due to the other card. But well you know the story.....

However, maybe this great project will rescue my new acquisition.

I followed the steps, but your program says:

Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.

I am running the latest driver 372.70 on Windows 10 64bit Prof/EDU.

I uploaded my nvlddmkm.sys file here:
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/SC7DP9DO7YGV

It would be awesome to see SLI beeing forced to work, since there is no f''’ing reason why it should not, right? Just use half of the 4GB go’’ammit!

Did anyone ever try to make a 4GB Card a 2GB Card by flashing a 2GB bios? Can it brick?

Last edited:

ABagOfPotato

Hi@all,

got myself a second Asus GTX 670. Unfortunately, I cannot SLI it with my old Asus GTX 670 because it only has 2GB VRAM, the new one has 4GB.

I thought the 4GB Model will just be limited to 2GB due to the other card. But well the know the story.....

It would be awesome to see SLI beeing forced to work, since there is no f''’ing reason why it should not, right? Just use half of the 4GB go’’ammit!

Did anyone ever try to make a 4GB Card a 2GB Card by flashing a 2GB bios? Can it brick?

Hey, Im still prety new hyere and I had trouble getting my stuff to work, but if you browse back a few pages theres a download for a version 1.5 which will work, you then get the driver file from a different folder as they say above on this page and follow the guide as you did before and it should work. But the 1.5 version is the one that fixes the 'Could not find patch #3' error.

Good luck anyway, I cant get mine to stop crashing with 660ti's :p

Hi@all,

I thought the 4GB Model will just be limited to 2GB due to the other card. But well the know the story.....

sorry for my english poor, search nvlddmkm.sys in "c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\" and follow step to active DifferentSLIAuto and you must edit file "install.cmd" with values:

@Echo off
title DifferentSLI Sign and Install

setlocal EnableExtensions
cd /d "%~dp0"

set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm
if exist "nvlddmkm2.sys" then set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm2

if not exist "tools\" goto wtfrudoin

net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin

call "%SystemRoot%\System32\certutil.exe" -store root DifferentSLIAuto
if %errorlevel% equ 0 goto certexists

call "tools\makecert.exe" -r -pe -ss "DifferentSLIAuto" -n "CN=DifferentSLIAuto" "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
call "tools\CertMgr.exe" /add "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" /s /r localMachine root

:certexists

call "tools\ChecksumFix.exe" "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
call "tools\signtool.exe" sign /v /s DifferentSLIAuto /n DifferentSLIAuto /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\takeown.exe" /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /a
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\icacls.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /grant "%USERNAME%":f
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\bcdedit.exe" /set TESTSIGNING ON

if exist "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\" goto x32mode

copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y
goto filecopied

:x32mode
copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\drivers\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y

:filecopied
color 0a
echo Reboot now for changes to take effect
goto end

:wtfrudoin
color 0c
echo Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder.
goto end

:notadmin
color 0e
echo Please run this as administrator!

:end
pause > nul

is working in the latest driver 372.70

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 388

ABagOfPotato

Just info for all, no one was here to help but that's fine since I'm pretty knowledgeable myself, suffice to say this does not work on an AMD970 motherboard, yes you can enable SLI, but it crashes and in games that dont crash it halves your fps. Im giving up and doing a whole new system build, try this by all means but it is terrible on some motherboards like mine.

Pyroluk

Update on my sad story: As soon as I click apply to activate SLI, I hear the "new hardware windows sound" two times but then the NVIDA Control Panle starts hanging literally forever. I cannot open it afterwards, even not after a restart. After the restart the Display Driver won't work anymore untill I reinstall the Nvidia Driver.

Pity! But nice project anyway.

End result: GTX 670 need to have the same amount of VRAM, for some probably lazy or marketing fu''ing reason -.- This it not logical to me at all.

Drainel(FR)

Update on my sad story: As soon as I click apply to activate SLI, I hear the "new hardware windows sound" two times but then the NVIDA Control Panle starts hanging literally forever. I cannot open it afterwards, even not after a restart. After the restart the Display Driver won't work anymore untill I reinstall the Nvidia Driver.

Pity! But nice project anyway.

End result: GTX 670 need to have the same amount of VRAM, for some probably lazy or marketing fu''ing reason -.- This it not logical to me at all.

Same problem here with gtx 560 Ti + gtx 580 if you have found any solution tell me

rudyrajkumar

sorry for my english poor, search nvlddmkm.sys in "c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\" and follow step to active DifferentSLIAuto and you must edit file "install.cmd" with values:

@Echo off

cd /d "%~dp0"

set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm

net session >nul 2>&1

call "tools\makecert.exe" -r -pe -ss "DifferentSLIAuto" -n "CN=DifferentSLIAuto" "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
call "tools\CertMgr.exe" /add "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" /s /r localMachine root

call "tools\signtool.exe" sign /v /s DifferentSLIAuto /n DifferentSLIAuto /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\takeown.exe" /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /a
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\icacls.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /grant "%USERNAME%":f

copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y
goto filecopied

color 0a
goto end

color 0c
echo Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder.
goto end

color 0e

pause > nul

is working in the latest driver 372.70

Thank you so much! this worked for me

hi, got gtx 680 and gtx 607 working with DifferentSLI auto 1.5 with nvidia drivers 368.81.

tryed to do keep them sli with latest drivers 372.70, but i cant do it.

are this drivers not complatible yet? anyone can help me please?

thanks

tytynono

hi, with driver 372.90 and Win10 x64 (Build 14931) the new nvlddmkm.sys path is C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_674733509ab83d72\nvlddmkm.sys.;)

tytynono

how does it work with this newer drivers? please help me
DifferentSLI auto 1.5 https://www.sendspace.com/file/mihx86 with Win10 x64 (Build 14931) and the new nvidia driver 372.90. You must copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_674733509ab83d72, you paste in your DSa 1.5 folder, you click on DifferentSLIAuto.exe. You must edit the "Install"file to change the nvlddmkm.sys path

then you click on your new 'install" file and run as admin.
If your patched nvlddmkm.sys is not in FileRepository folder, get FileRepository folder owner and replace nvlddmkm.sys .

how does it work with this newer drivers? please help me
search nvlddmkm.sys in "c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d3851cb7c8216f9e\" and follow step to active DifferentSLIAuto and you must edit file "install.cmd" with values:

@Echo off

cd /d "%~dp0"

set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm

net session >nul 2>&1

goto filecopied

color 0a
goto end

color 0c
goto end

color 0e

pause > nul

Buzzard1

Please tell me I can run a gtx 970 with a gtx 780. Or if it is impossible then is there a modded driver or any thing I can do. I am broke and this is all I have atm. Also whats the latest driver 1.5 can work with?

Thanks
BTW I am new here

wazupkid

can i do this with two gtx 1060s??? i have a non cross fire or sli mobo but it has 2 x16 pci slots?? im going to buy a 1060 gaming x soon but i saw the 1050ti but idk if they can sli but 1060 is better