• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 1 (Discussion)

Here's an image of a full match conquest with the framerate uncapped. My system specs are up to date and the core has +160 with memory +350 and the fan locked at 60%. My poor 2500k... :( The game is running at 1080p and ultra.

Last edited:

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme
A friends i5 4570k @4.1ghz is running 100% day and night in dx12 trying to keep up with his 980ti (1440p high to ultra)

My system on the other hand is running on 70-80% (6 cores HTT deactivated) high settings oc 780 ti.

As I said that game is really a cpu killer, 64 players that is.

I just bought that 3960x and now I see that - you must imagine my face. :D didn't expect it to run like that so soon.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Ill second that. Imo, it should have half the armor and a lmg secondary instead of canister. Right now it takes the same number of shots to down a light tank as a heavy tank. And that canister poops all over infantry.

DICE has already confirmed a nerf for it but we don't know what that is.
I like it having the canister as secondary (There are other variants with the machine gun you can unlock/use) but it is to good at the moment. I think the range needs to be a bit nerfed on canister shell because currently I can snipe people with it from a very long range. Needs to have more spread over distance. I know they confirmed the tank is getting nerfed, I have a feeling its going to be much more susceptible to damage from anti-tank weapons as the primary change to make it easier to take out. I want the K bullets to be able to do more damage to it from snipers as that would really help having three of them focus it down.

Black Haru

Staff member
I like it having the canister as secondary (There are other variants with the machine gun you can unlock/use) but it is to good at the moment. I think the range needs to be a bit nerfed on canister shell because currently I can snipe people with it from a very long range. Needs to have more spread over distance. I know they confirmed the tank is getting nerfed, I have a feeling its going to be much more susceptible to damage from anti-tank weapons as the primary change to make it easier to take out. I want the K bullets to be able to do more damage to it from snipers as that would really help having three of them focus it down.

My impression of k bullets is that they are an interupt to keep tanks from repairing. Upping their damage might render the at rocket gun obsolete.

I also want dynamite for support.

The K bullets would be awesome to be able to shoot through a tank and kill the player inside if we knew where they were within the tank - even if it took a couple shots.

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme
Or inflict compression (I'm not sure if it's the right word for it) killing all people sitting in it like in real.

Black Haru

Staff member
Or inflict compression (I'm not sure if it's the right word for it) killing all people sitting in it like in real.

Again, it would remove a class barrier. You can disable weapons and treads.

Seems like Thursday the beta is over.

I just bought TrackIR5 (for ARMA, Sturmovik etc.) Any chance this works in BF1 planes? :-D

Last edited:
Is it? They were talking about adding a new map to the beta this morning, so be weird to add it in the final 2 or so days.

bf TWEET: The war's not over yet. The Battlefield 1 Open Beta will end on Thursday, September 8.

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
bf TWEET: The war's not over yet. The Battlefield 1 Open Beta will end on Thursday, September 8.
Kinda going to be sad when it ends and then wait over a month for the full game. Besides some bugs and some balance issues I really enjoy the game so its going to be a long wait.

My impression of k bullets is that they are an interupt to keep tanks from repairing. Upping their damage might render the at rocket gun obsolete.

I also want dynamite for support.
Yea, I don't think they should do a significant amount but a tiny bit more than now (I think max now is like 7, I would hope max damage of 9 at least on the light tanks to make it where three snipers could unload into the light tanks and take it them out with teamwork and not need constant perfect damage hits).

I have officially tried everything in every kit. I take back my original comments about the medic kit as after playing it for a while I really love the weapons in those kits and feel a little more useful than I thought based on what I was seeing before. To me, out of all the kits the only one that feels a bit weak was the support kit until I unlocked two weapons: The MG 19 and the Madsen Light infantry both feel to be the superior guns available now for that class. The MG 19 has a 100-200 round drum and can be easily mounted for heavy defense. Its ok when carried but really excels being mounted up defending a position (Like for Rush) and has decent accuracy. The Madsen Light Infantry is the best gun in the kit (IMHO) for being carried and fired with its high rate of fire and decent accuracy. I have been using it alot and compared to the early guns (Benet Mercei (Which is still my favorite looking gun in the game and fun to use) and Lewis gun) and noticed significantly better overall performance using it on the move probably due to its slightly higher rate of fire. Still though, I feel the kit has some flaws that make it hard to use all the time compared to the others and here are my personal concerns:

1: Ammo Crate refiles grenades slow where as ammo pouch is instant, even though the crate is superior in every way this alone makes it hard when you need to recharge explosives. I don't know why this is but I feel the crate should just auto be better like they did in the last game.
2: The trip wire explosives are pitiful. Both the Mustard gas and smoke versions do their job but the trip wire explosive sucks. I have managed only a small handful of kill with them even when I have watched people walk straight up to them and take a direct hit perfectly center mass to no avail. On top of that they are a little to noticeable but I could live with that if they killed easier.
3: The kit feels like its been pushed to only resupply compared to in the past having explosives and resupply. I am sure the full game will have more for it but at the moment it feels like a lackluster kit even though I still like using it for the guns.

Well, guess I am going to burn more time on the game before its gone.

Black Haru

Staff member
Kinda going to be sad when it ends and then wait over a month for the full game. Besides some bugs and some balance issues I really enjoy the game so its going to be a long wait.

Yea, I don't think they should do a significant amount but a tiny bit more than now (I think max now is like 7, I would hope max damage of 9 at least on the light tanks to make it where three snipers could unload into the light tanks and take it them out with teamwork and not need constant perfect damage hits).

I have officially tried everything in every kit. I take back my original comments about the medic kit as after playing it for a while I really love the weapons in those kits and feel a little more useful than I thought based on what I was seeing before. To me, out of all the kits the only one that feels a bit weak was the support kit until I unlocked two weapons: The MG 19 and the Madsen Light infantry both feel to be the superior guns available now for that class. The MG 19 has a 100-200 round drum and can be easily mounted for heavy defense. Its ok when carried but really excels being mounted up defending a position (Like for Rush) and has decent accuracy. The Madsen Light Infantry is the best gun in the kit (IMHO) for being carried and fired with its high rate of fire and decent accuracy. I have been using it alot and compared to the early guns (Benet Mercei (Which is still my favorite looking gun in the game and fun to use) and Lewis gun) and noticed significantly better overall performance using it on the move probably due to its slightly higher rate of fire. Still though, I feel the kit has some flaws that make it hard to use all the time compared to the others and here are my personal concerns:

1: Ammo Crate refiles grenades slow where as ammo pouch is instant, even though the crate is superior in every way this alone makes it hard when you need to recharge explosives. I don't know why this is but I feel the crate should just auto be better like they did in the last game.
2: The trip wire explosives are pitiful. Both the Mustard gas and smoke versions do their job but the trip wire explosive sucks. I have managed only a small handful of kill with them even when I have watched people walk straight up to them and take a direct hit perfectly center mass to no avail. On top of that they are a little to noticeable but I could live with that if they killed easier.
3: The kit feels like its been pushed to only resupply compared to in the past having explosives and resupply. I am sure the full game will have more for it but at the moment it feels like a lackluster kit even though I still like using it for the guns.

Well, guess I am going to burn more time on the game before its gone.

The m1909 is garbage and I hate it.
I really like the madsen as well, but the MG15 takes the cake for overall best support. Keep in mind that Mobile is my only mode of play, I cant sit still and I spend about 60% of any game sprinting (including time respawning) the MG15 has perhaps the worst hip fire of any gun in any battlefield (seriously its real bad) but ADS it has really good spread on the move. combined with its good iron sights (the madsen suffers here) and large magazine, I absolutely wreck infantry. (comparatively speaking, the automatico still poops on everything in the context of my playstyle)

System Name X99
Processor 5930K @ 4.7GHz @ 1.323v
Motherboard Rampage V Edition 10
Cooling EK
Memory Dominator Platinum 32GB
Video Card(s) 2x Gigabyte xtreme gaming 980ti
Storage Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 850 Pro & WD320
Display(s) Tempest X270OC @100Hz
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply 120-G2-1600-X1
Mouse Mamba 2012
Keyboard K70
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6823139
I read somewhere that DICE can extend the beta if they want, I hope they do. Add the alpha map & some hardcore server sets.

A player on Redit posted a gif gaming with his buddy & during the sandstorm it rendered the storm on one computer, but not the other players computer.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Someone was asking about that today in a server (the dust storm) hahhaha!

Black Haru

Staff member
In my experience that is not typically the case. Anytime i have seen weather effects the rest of the squad has had the same.
Doesnt surprise me that it would glitch though.

Overall the gameplay is pretty polished, but the menue system is still atrocious.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
In my experience that is not typically the case. Anytime i have seen weather effects the rest of the squad has had the same.
Doesnt surprise me that it would glitch though.

Overall the gameplay is pretty polished, but the menue system is still atrocious.

One thing i hate is that you cant customise the load out of your tank or plane until youre literally about to take it out the door. I unlocked a lot of stuff for the plane but i wasnt able to look at what i had unlocked then spent about 2mins doing it before i took the plane out.

In other news, the update unlocked all the weapons that were made available for the beta. As an Assault class you can set yourself up to be an anti-tank soldier. I understand that EA probably wanted you to 'experience the progression' -- level up the class to unlock things but that made the gameplay very unfriendly towards infantry as the only stuff you can take out a tank with are almost totally useless against it unless there are loads of other players zerging the tank along with you. The Light Anti-tank grenade was probably more useful against infantry then against tanks.

Had DICE/EA have made it so it was double or triple XP so you didnt have to crawl through fucking dirt just to experience the rest/best of the beta from the start then maybe it would of been more balanced. I put in 6-7 hours into the beta since it went opened last week and apart from basic weapons unlocks I had none of the more useful gadgets unlocked.

Things were so unbalanced and on occasions very one sided. Hitboxes for knifing was also ridiculous. I ran past an enemy player in a building and somehow he had managed to collar me and give me the choke of death just as i walked through into the other room and I just suddenly died while in the middle of running through the house. he was at least 4 or 5 steps away from me. No its not lag. my ping is supremely low at 13ms.

There were countless situations where i had the upper hand in CQC hit an enemy player with at least more than 5 shots of mp-18 or the automatico and he just 1 shots me with his rifle and that makes me fucking rage so god damn hard like 'I dont even want to be on this planet anymore' kind of rage.

Well.... After all that, Its still a beta for a reason.

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
The m1909 is garbage and I hate it.
I really like the madsen as well, but the MG15 takes the cake for overall best support. Keep in mind that Mobile is my only mode of play, I cant sit still and I spend about 60% of any game sprinting (including time respawning) the MG15 has perhaps the worst hip fire of any gun in any battlefield (seriously its real bad) but ADS it has really good spread on the move. combined with its good iron sights (the madsen suffers here) and large magazine, I absolutely wreck infantry. (comparatively speaking, the automatico still poops on everything in the context of my playstyle)
Well I love the look of the M1909 but it does suffer from bad accuracy at range. Though its fun in close quarters plus I love the look of it.

Yea, I have been switching between them and while I agree that the better sights go to the MG15 due to the magazine protruding on the top of the gun but I still overall prefer the Madsen for on the move fighting because of its rate of fire, hip fire, and accuracy over distance. The MG15 is great especially when you have a bunch of people and need to hold a position or move into big groups of enemies firing (Even if it overheats) but I seem to be a little more accurate with the Madsen. Between them I normally have a tough time picking but they both feel good to use.

As for the Automatico, I am very meh with that gun. Its only advantage is close quarters combat and it suffers horribly looking down the sites at anything but point blank. I only get killed by people spraying its magazine around the corner LOL.

I really want to play on another map, love the game but want to be in a city a bit more for some conquest fun.

Black Haru

Staff member
Well I love the look of the M1909 but it does suffer from bad accuracy at range. Though its fun in close quarters plus I love the look of it.

Yea, I have been switching between them and while I agree that the better sights go to the MG15 due to the magazine protruding on the top of the gun but I still overall prefer the Madsen for on the move fighting because of its rate of fire, hip fire, and accuracy over distance. The MG15 is great especially when you have a bunch of people and need to hold a position or move into big groups of enemies firing (Even if it overheats) but I seem to be a little more accurate with the Madsen. Between them I normally have a tough time picking but they both feel good to use.

As for the Automatico, I am very meh with that gun. Its only advantage is close quarters combat and it suffers horribly looking down the sites at anything but point blank. I only get killed by people spraying its magazine around the corner LOL.

I really want to play on another map, love the game but want to be in a city a bit more for some conquest fun.

The automatico does have terrible iron sights. The reason i like it is because the bullet spread is about tge same as the mp18, it just has 2 or 3 times the recoil. Once you account for that you have a gun with a much faster ttk that also has decent range. My problem with the mp18 is its ttk is too long close range and at farther range it cant put damage out fast enough to kill someone before they hide or kill you.

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
The automatico does have terrible iron sights. The reason i like it is because the bullet spread is about tge same as the mp18, it just has 2 or 3 times the recoil. Once you account for that you have a gun with a much faster ttk that also has decent range. My problem with the mp18 is its ttk is too long close range and at farther range it cant put damage out fast enough to kill someone before they hide or kill you.
Eh, the Automatico just ain't my style. I like its spray and pray and extreme rate of fire just Feel I am more accurate with the MP18 in the current situations. But yea, I also am not a big fan of the MP18 either nor the Model 10-A. I don't really like the guns in that class much currently as they all just don't feel good to me. I use the class more when I really need to be an anti-vehicle person. The Model 10-A I was hoping would be good but its very odd currently from my experience as its accuracy is bad. Maybe its because I am moving but reading the stats that gun does not match what I am seeing as I have had multiple 5-10 foot engagements with the reticle dead center and no hits. I hope the other guns in the kit peak my interest as so far its the only kit without a gun I really say I totally enjoy using.

Black Haru

Staff member
Eh, the Automatico just ain't my style. I like its spray and pray and extreme rate of fire just Feel I am more accurate with the MP18 in the current situations. But yea, I also am not a big fan of the MP18 either nor the Model 10-A. I don't really like the guns in that class much currently as they all just don't feel good to me. I use the class more when I really need to be an anti-vehicle person. The Model 10-A I was hoping would be good but its very odd currently from my experience as its accuracy is bad. Maybe its because I am moving but reading the stats that gun does not match what I am seeing as I have had multiple 5-10 foot engagements with the reticle dead center and no hits. I hope the other guns in the kit peak my interest as so far its the only kit without a gun I really say I totally enjoy using.

Make sure you use the a10 factory, not heavy. I haven't been able to figure it out either, but when its good its really good. Sometimes i use it everything does everywhere, other times it shoots some sort of healing pellet.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

Ive noticed this as well...... In my last two games i went against this guy who i pumped and entire magazine of shotgun shells into. shots either did no damage or just 5 damage and the turned around and took me out with 3 rounds from a .45. I ran into him TWICE where my shotgun bullets would do NOTHING to him at pointblank but id see the blood spurts shooting all over the places signifying that I had hit him. I thought he might of been hacking. I could kill everyone else with that shotgun apart from that guy which was very strange for me.

I think hit boxes/hit detection in general is just bad. I get melee killed and the guy is around the side of the building from me. well out of range of any knife.

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Make sure you use the a10 factory, not heavy. I haven't been able to figure it out either, but when its good its really good. Sometimes i use it everything does everywhere, other times it shoots some sort of healing pellet.
I will check, I am pretty sure I am using the Heavy not factory so ill switch. I just could not figure out sometimes how I missed. I shot someone from 6 feet away the other game both of us standing still and somehow missed completely TWO shots. The third instant killed him but I was so lost I almost was wondering if the gun is glitched or something.

Ive noticed this as well...... In my last two games i went against this guy who i pumped and entire magazine of shotgun shells into. shots either did no damage or just 5 damage and the turned around and took me out with 3 rounds from a .45. I ran into him TWICE where my shotgun bullets would do NOTHING to him at pointblank but id see the blood spurts shooting all over the places signifying that I had hit him. I thought he might of been hacking. I could kill everyone else with that shotgun apart from that guy which was very strange for me.

I think hit boxes/hit detection in general is just bad. I get melee killed and the guy is around the side of the building from me. well out of range of any knife.
Yea, I think the shotguns hit box maybe broken. It seems to me that its either exactly what I expect or the barrel shoots nothing. I was talkign with my friend sitting right next to me playing together and he watched me to see what I was talking about. I thought it might be lag, but I have had really good ping so I assume I am just going nuts. Going to try that other variant to see if it helps.
(BTW @FreedomEclipse , is that avatar a custom painted Strike Freedom? I had been curious for awhile but forgot to ask.)

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Now that I actually have the anti tank gun unlocked, it makes tanks a bit easier to deal with. However, still a major PITA the fact that I can hit one, reload my rocket, and halfway through they've spun around and know exactly where I am and kill me. The fact I have to be completely prone to shoot the anti-tank gun is ridiculous IMO.

Also yeah shotguns are completely hit or miss. But it reminded me of why i was always a shotgunner in the other games and why I will likely just continue to use it. Hopefully they give the medic a shotgun, IIRC that was what I used to play and was great at it (when medic had paddles and revives were easy).

System Name Champ's 1440P Rig
Processor Intel i7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 Mhz 4x4 Blue Ram
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB/RAID 0 Western Digital Blue 1 TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case Antec P100
Power Supply Corsair CX850M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard TT eSports Poseidon
Software Windows 10
Just DLed it and loving it, but I'm getting a lot of crashes. So is this game cpu intensive? I might have to drop the clocks a little