• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Announces the Pacific V-GTX 10 Series Water Block

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thermaltake together with its premium water cooling partner ASUS is proud to introduce the latest Pacific V-GTX 10 Series Transparent water block, crafted exclusively for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Gaming Graphic Card. The Pacific V-GTX 10 Series, specially designed for virtual reality (VR) gaming system, has complied with the highest "Tt LCS Certified" standard that guarantees the best performance, compatibility and features. The CNC machined copper base can avoid corrosion. Moreover, the aluminum alloy made backplate is used to prevent twist and bow on the PCB. Most importantly, the Pacific V-GTX 10 Series features a 0.5mm internal fin construction with a high-flow water block that allows coolant to flow directly over all critical areas, eventually delivering the ultimate cooling performance.

"We always seek for a chance to build a stronger relationship with our consumers and in turn better understand their needs. From CES 2016 to COMPUTEX 2016, we saw how virtual reality changed gaming, and how this technology created a truly immersive gaming experience for people. We also found how important the liquid-cooling solution is in this market trend. ASUS is one of the most realizable brands in gaming, so it is our great honor to collaborate with them. Together we not only can provide gamers around the world with an unbeatable 4K gaming experience, but can also create a greater e-Sports community," announced Kenny Lin, President and CEO of Thermaltake.

"We are very excited to partner with Thermaltake to bring the extreme performance of water block cooling to the ROG Strix GTX 1080 and ROG Strix GTX 1070 graphics cards," said Elaine Wen, Senior Director, ASUS Graphics Card Business Unit. "We hope to continue working closely in the future to create even more incredible products that provide the most entertaining experiences to gamers."

Tt LCS Certified is a Thermaltake exclusive certification applied to products that pass the rigorous hardcore enthusiast standards that only the world's best LCS chassis are held to. The Tt LCS certification was created so that we at Thermaltake can clearly convey to power users and enthusiasts which chassis are built and tested to be best compatible under extreme liquid cooling configurations. This ensures you get the best performance, compatibility and features.

Mirror-Finished CU Base
The specially machined copper base prevents corrosion and fully complies with Thermaltake's highest quality standards. The mating surface to the GPU has a mirror finish, providing exceptional heat transfer for the most demanding use conditions.

High Water Flow Design
The coolant flow path includes all critical components. Proper cooling of these components contributes to overclocking stability and reliable operation. The block covers the entire PCB, leaving no components exposed to possible damage during handling.

Unique Micro-Channel Structure
The Pacific V-GTX 10 Series Transparent is designed with a compact form factor featuring 0.5mm micro-channel fin construction for optimal clearance and extreme heat dissipation. The copper base fits most G1/4 fittings.

Special Design Backplate
The aluminum alloy made backplate features 4mm thick to prevent twist and bow on the PCB.

Remarkable Expansion
Designed to fit ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080/1070 with a universal mounting mechanism, the Pacific V-GTX 10 Series Transparent allows enthusiasts to build superior water cooling systems from an aesthetic standpoint as well as incorporate modular chassis upgrades for the future.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Wow, that looks like a ripoff of the EK design.

System Name Titan
Processor Intel Core i7-5820K
Motherboard ASUS X99-A
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970
Storage Crucial MX100 2x256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium with Window
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 11613 in Firestrike
I dont see how Tt copied anything here. Yes, these are both blocks for the same card. Thats it. Thats where similarities end

System Name Titan
Processor Intel Core i7-5820K
Motherboard ASUS X99-A
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970
Storage Crucial MX100 2x256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium with Window
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 11613 in Firestrike
I dont see how Tt copied anything here. Yes, these are both blocks for the same card. Thats it. Thats where similarities end
I think people may have a bias against Tt from back when they were accused of copying Caselab's case designs.
In all fairness. the block design and aesthetic are very similar.
From my perspective, the largest eyebrow-raiser is the configuration of the flow path through the micro-channels. I've only seen EK do the "split" flow design, but I won't claim that they're the first, or only.

It's like Thermalfake couldn't decide if they wanted to copy EK's current design or their older one, so they did both and the result looks like an EK HD7950 and RX480 block merged into one lol.

On the plus side it does actually look pretty cool, maybe EK should bring these designs back.

I think people may have a bias against Tt from back when they were accused of copying Caselab's case designs.

It wasn't just Caselabs they copied there were a dozen other manufacturers too, they copied more cases, fans, fan controllers, GPU blocks, etc.

GAR

Processor Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon R9 290X
Storage Samsung 500GB SSD
Display(s) Asus VG248QE 144HZ
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs ZxR
Power Supply Corsair HX1050
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Boycott Thermaltake.... No respect for them at all

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
It's like Thermalfake couldn't decide if they wanted to copy EK's current design or their older one, so they did both and the result looks like an EK HD7950 and RX480 block merged into one lol.

On the plus side it does actually look pretty cool, maybe EK should bring these designs back.

It wasn't just Caselabs they copied there were a dozen other manufacturers too, they copied more cases, fans, fan controllers, GPU blocks, etc.

It seems to be a mishmash of old and new EK designs. Wide flat channels on inlet/outlet, split flow, wide flat channels feeding vrms... all EK principles. It's rather crazy how blatant TT is though.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
The last pic is fricking awesome! To bad the final build cannot look that clean, especially inside a case fully cabled...

System Name Rainbow
Processor Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
Cooling Corsair H115i, 2x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Memory G. Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity
Storage 2x Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | 2xHGST Deskstar 4TB 7.2K
Display(s) Samsung C27HG70
Case Xigmatek Aquila
Power Supply Seasonic 760W SS-760XP
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 4 trillion points in GmailMark, over 144 FPS 2K Facebook Scrolling (Extreme Quality preset)
mspaint to the rescue! Very similar, but not identical.

upload_2016-9-23_11-50-5.png

System Name The Poor Man Build
Processor Core i9 10850K @5,1Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z490i STRIX
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition
Memory Gskill TridentZ 16GB Kit @3600 CL16
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3080Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Display(s) ASUS VG27AQ
Case CM NR200
Power Supply CM V750 SFX
Wow, that looks like a ripoff of the EK design.

Anyone will always copies/"inspired" by others when it comes to almost anything

With that kind of logic then almost all case manufacturers today would straight up ripping-off NZXT's S340 design

Cougar QBX ripping off the NCase M1 and the list goes on

So, what should their gpu blocks looks like then in order not to "ripoff" EK's design?

System Name Team Crimson
Processor AMD FX 8320
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory DDR3 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB RAM
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) AOC 2752H 27" 1080p
Case NZXT Source 220 Windowed
Power Supply Antec Earthworks 650W
Mouse Logitech M510/ AGPTEK T-90 Zelotes
Keyboard Logitech K360/ iBUYPOWER TTC RED Switch Mechanical
Software Windows 8.1 64 Bit
I recall Thermaltake making a copy of a popular waterblock, but instead of watercooling the VRAM and chokes it covered them causing more heat buildup that if they were passive air cooled.
For this reason I will not support them.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Anyone will always copies/"inspired" by others when it comes to almost anything

With that kind of logic then almost all case manufacturers today would straight up ripping-off NZXT's S340 design

Cougar QBX ripping off the NCase M1 and the list goes on

So, what should their gpu blocks looks like then in order not to "ripoff" EK's design?

WTH do you mean that kind of logic? It's EK's fault that their design is so good that TT had no choice but to copy it? WTF? There are many block designs out there from XSPC, Swiftech, Koolance, Aquafx, Alphacool, Heatkiller, and hmm the departed Danger Den. All of those blocks similar in that they are blocks yet they are generally unique with their own aesthetic and cooling philosophy. But TT on the other hand is a blatant copy, and it was intentional because they obviously changed the design here and there to keep from being sued.