• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sniper Elite 4 - Gameplay Trailer

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Looks awesome, combat anatomy 101. I like some of the new things you can do, like sniping the brace of a sniper platform to make them fall to their death. I'm hoping the alpha phase will involve more than touching up graphics though. The AI seem too oblivious (5:00 mark 1st vid) or slow to react when at close range (rushing them face to face from 15' too easy). I did notice however that whistle luring from bushed doesn't always work, so that's a good sign that there will be suspicion levels even when you're cover isn't blown. Overall stealth looks too easy to exploit thus far though, especially from the bushes. Animations also need polish, and looting is way too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
there's a zombie campaign for this, right? just like the rest of the series

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
there's a zombie campaign for this, right? just like the rest of the series

The Zombie Army Trilogy was a standalone spin off based on the same mechanics and characters of the series, but it wasn't built into the Sniper Elite games; its not like Zombie mode and the CoD games.

I doubt there's any more zombie coming for Sniper Elite, but I would be perfectly happy to be wrong about it.

Okay, now I really like the Sniper Elite Franchise, specifically Nazi zombies. It's really cool, coop works well, fun etc.

I'm so tired of their keeping of the weapons and basically just reskinning the games at this point. I need something new. Set it in another war, have a different protagonist in a different country, something.

bayley

Never played a Sniper Elite game, but the ideology of a sniper is always fascinating.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Software Windows 10 Pro
Never played a Sniper Elite game, but the ideology of a sniper is always fascinating.
Try Sniper Ghost Warrior . Maybe you will like it. I sure did not :(

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
rushing them face to face from 15' too easy

Actually 15' is the distance from which an assailant with a knife has a very good chance of stabbing someone with a pistol before they can get a round off. It's been tested time and again in training, and verified many times in real life. That's the reason police are authorized to use deadly force on someone that close with a knife.

@Cvrk have you tried Sniper Ghost Warrior 2? It was much better done in practically every way.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Actually 15' is the distance from which an assailant with a knife has a very good chance of stabbing someone with a pistol before they can get a round off. It's been tested time and again in training, and verified many times in real life. That's the reason police are authorized to use deadly force on someone that close with a knife.

I don't buy that, and I've spoken with police detectives whom have worked in my community, one of whom used to be S.W.A.T., and they ALWAYS exaggerate for the purpose of avoiding tactics like tasers coming back. They came back anyway, and have proven to be effective. We're seeing people all over the US outraged now because of constant over use of unnecessary lethal response by police, including NFL athletes now.

Anyways, regarding the game, it's easy to see just from the vids that the response by enemies when rushing them is way too slow, that's the main point. You don't need any suspect claims of police in real life to see that. This is especially true of enemies with rifle in hand, which would always be the case for any troops guarding such an important facility as a rail gun. They should at the very least be reacting with a swift rifle butt, but they just stand there like deer dazed by headlights.

Another way to look at it, is when your cover is blown, instantly you'll see the nearest guard rushing you and firing at you, yet when you rush them with plenty time for them to see you and react, they just stand there. There's a serious inconsistency there. They shouldn't be so clueless when still in a state of stealth. The state of stealth should end the moment a guard sees you rushing him, but the AI don't respond in accordance to that.

Even SE 3 had a moment where a circle would fill after being detected, but during that time, the person whom saw you would be taking action, not just standing there. They need to get this resolved.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
I don't buy that, and I've spoken with police detectives whom have worked in my community, one of whom used to be S.W.A.T., and they ALWAYS exaggerate for the purpose of avoiding tactics like tasers coming back. They came back anyway, and have proven to be effective. We're seeing people all over the US outraged now because of constant over use of unnecessary lethal response by police, including NFL athletes now

Dude, without bringing my personal business into it, you are speaking like a clueless civilian. You've "talked to people" is no substitute for training and personal experience.

Trust me, this is an area I am an expert on.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
15'

About 4 strides.

Rabid nutter with a machete reaching me in 4 strides?

I'd have shot him before he got out of bed that morning just to be sure.

As for the game - I need a good co-op for when I don't initially buy BF1.

Dude, without bringing my personal business into it, you are speaking like a clueless civilian. You've "talked to people" is no substitute for training and personal experience.

Nah man, I've shot guns in a video game, I know I could shoot him before he'd get to me. :rolleyes:

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK

Your dude bro tone, "I'm an expert at this" only makes it all the more obvious. We wouldn't be seeing people outraged all over the country if not for this kind of arrogance.

You're taking this way beyond the realm of AI reaction time is out of context too, and at this point, you're even getting out of line. I'm about a tick away from putting you on my ignore list.

Drop the police crap, it has nothing to do with the game, and only stirs up an already uncomfortable topic, which you seem to be clueless about. Most police don't give a damn about the poor, they're just political pawns that do what they're told without much thought.
Nah man, I've shot guns in a video game, I know I could shoot him before he'd get to me. :rolleyes:
It's rather nonsensical he even equated real life to video games, and he didn't even do a good job of that. If you can't even rifle butt, pistol whip, or use some kind of dodge or hand to hand counter when you see someone with a knife take off at you from 15' away though, clearly you are not trained well and have no business being a military guard, or cop for that matter.

And it's not just the end result, it's that these guards don't react at all most of the time. That is very unrealistic. Whether you argue realism or not though, if you don't even have to sneak up behind someone, it makes it too easy to play. You boys can play your easy so called cop sims and be happy with them though I guess. Friggin clueless.

Excuse me if I like a little actual challenge in my games, instead of arcade crap with easy AI.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I'm talking reaction time, that unless you've been there repeatedly, you don't know. Apparently the devs have actually done their research, and understand the topic.

As to being clueless about current events, believe me no one on this forum is more aware of that than me.

Finally, go ahead and put me on ignore. It won't bother me, and only exposes how someone of your age has failed to mature enough to recognize that other people actually know about subjects you don't.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
I'm talking reaction time, that unless you've been there repeatedly, you don't know. Apparently the devs have actually done their research, and understand the topic.

As to being clueless about current events, believe me no one on this forum is more aware of that than me.

Finally, go ahead and put me on ignore. It won't bother me, and only exposes how someone of your age has failed to mature enough to recognize that other people actually know about subjects you don't.
Duh, of course it's reaction time. I've had a guy rush me at a Y I was at from 15' away. I was turned the other direction and didn't even hear him until he was 10' away, yet I managed to turn around, extend a leg, lean away from him, and brush him to the side as he stumbled and fell into the lockers. He was bigger and heavier than me and had his fist poised to strike. If that fist had been a knife, it wouldn't have even touched me, let alone killed me. I also have no training in such things. When the police came and I described the situation, they all agreed I'd done the right thing, and the guy was banned from the place.

Cops are trained on the side of over caution and paranoia, which is why they often resort to lethal force when it's unnecessary. You can go on acting clueless and ignore that fact, and use it as false examples where it has no place, but most minorities and poor in this country are standing up against it, with the help of celebrities and pro athletes now, like it or not. The time of the selfish and senseless redneck is coming to an end, and that's not even coming from a liberal.

Yeah I'll def put you on ignore, same as your puppies Guitar and INSTG8TR. I don't like explaining common sense things to those whom are spoon fed police state propaganda, fall for it, then pretend people that don't buy into it are idiots.

Leave it up to some neckbeard with no real life experience to get pissy about things and ruin a thread.

Back on topic....

Per my previous post, I just really don't think I can buy this game if they don't do any weapon changes or upgrade. I can just go back and play the other games if I want the Sniper Elite experience; the level design isn't a huge thing for me, so just having new maps does nothing for me unfortunately -- and even if I was big on that, it is still the same type of setting/story once again, so meh.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Per my previous post, I just really don't think I can buy this game if they don't do any weapon changes or upgrade. I can just go back and play the other games if I want the Sniper Elite experience; the level design isn't a huge thing for me, so just having new maps does nothing for me unfortunately.

Gotta agree there. It is likely to just be a bare fabric of a story, and simply a new environment, which doesn't bode well for it's success.

I'll still keep an eye on it for changes upcoming as it gets closer to release.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
LOL I get to be on ignore and I didn't even post until now...:rolleyes:
I have a couple of Sniper Elites and really the formula is getting a little stale...

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Guys get back on topic, and get along or move on.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK

I agree, so I'll say this as it relates to what is seen in the gameplay vids of the game. Clearly the reaction to being rushed is not on par with what was said about how police are trained. These are soldiers, trained for response in a state of war, not every day life. If anything their response should be even more lethal than that of police. So what was said about police only proves my point. The reaction is not adequate or realistic. This is not about what can happen when a guy with a knife rushes you, it's about how military are trained to deal with it.

Sorry if I overreacted a bit about comments on police. I've met quite a few and I know some DO want police training reform. It's just that these are sad times right now in the US with people getting killed needlessly. Worse yet, after just having watched the 1st presidential debate and seeing all the finger pointing, I'm not too confident it will be resolved anytime soon.

Overall though, this game looks good to me so far, and worth playing. I didn't mean to say the rush attacks were a deal breaker, just that they could use more realism, even if just damage to the player. Certainly shouldn't be a can do it every time with little to no harm to yourself thing.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter

Thank you for that, and I appreciate the nudge, since my statement was completely on topic. I regret that someone else decided to politicize it.

Why was it on topic? Why did I mention police? Because that soldier in the video getting completely overwhelmed by someone 15' away is completely realistic. Major police departments and U.S. Federal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. train on these exact scenarios time and again, both in 360 degree computer training simulators, as well as live action with role players, using skilled knife and club wielders. That 15 feet is well within the 21 feet that is the reaction space needed. Less than 50% of officers are able to get a shot off at an attacker at less than 21 feet, and 14% of those are accurate hits even among trained individuals. Until one faces this life and death scenario, with adrenalin flowing, which severely restricts vision and fine motor skills, you cannot possibly comprehend why in the game that soldier is overwhelmed from a 15 foot charge.

Which brings me to soldiers. The perception was voiced earlier that police involvement in such situations is a bad example because it was implied their training is less than soldiers. It is, on certain subjects. A platoon of soldiers and a platoon of cops, both told to assault an objective and occupy it will see the soldiers do much better. Soldiers however, do not receive that kind of close-in training firearms training. Only a very few in the U.S. at least, consisting of Military Police and elite SpecOps forces receive close in combat training like that on a regular basis, and for the SpecOps forces, it is as an aggressor, like the sniper in the game, not as on on the receiving end of a charge. So, to hold up soldiers as a paragon of training and assume they would not be overwhelmed like that is uninformed outsider fallacy, from lack of actual experience and training. People would be surprised at the level of training of the majority of troops in any modern nation. This was magnified in the WW2 scenario of the game, with specialized training being even less.

So you see, I politicized nothing. I offered up THE single best example of the group that is most trained for these situations, and is still woefully in danger at distances of 15 feet.

Last edited:

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
I'm glad you both agree it was starting to get out of hand. My reaction time is within 15 posts, and I didn't have to give out any points to resolve the issue. ;)

I have a couple of these games from steam sales, and I've never even installed them. I do look forward to playing them one day.. lol I just need more time in a day.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I have a couple of these games from steam sales, and I've never even installed them. I do look forward to playing them one day.. lol I just need more time in a day.

When you get the chance, you probably will enjoy them. They collectively are some of the best arcade sniper mechanics in games.

The x-Ray bullet path graphics that occasionally show up on some shots as they hit a soldier (or a zombie in the nazi zombie trilogy) are pretty cool the first few times. After that I find they get old.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Software Windows 10 Pro
So there's no zombies whatsoever ?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
So there's no zombies whatsoever ?

No, they've always been separate games that use all the same mechanics and graphics, titled Nazi Zombie Army, NZA 2, etc.