• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

StarCraft 2 will ship 'when it's ready'....in 2008

Im not saying the game wont rock or that they should make it like from Warcraft to Warcraft 3...I like it better this way. But 5 years ????? I think its too much thats all.

They've even admitted they had a little bit of resource redirecton during the process with a minor game called World of Warcraft. And from that standpoint WoW was more important to release and be in the front of the "2nd Gen" mmog. Getting a million subscribers in the first month probably reenforced that decision ;P

My Warcraft3 comment wasn't at you, I was just stating my relief that they were keeping the consept the same. Trust me I've been waiting for them to do Starcraft2 since they completed Warcraft3 (not Frozen Throne).

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
They've even admitted they had a little bit of resource redirecton during the process with a minor game called World of Warcraft. And from that standpoint WoW was more important to release and be in the front of the "2nd Gen" mmog. .

Theres actually more to that story-- In a rush to get TBC released, all of their raid dungeons were completely untested, unbalanced, the gear has been made, and then they changed some vital itemization mechanics, making what should be superior gear inferior.

This leaves you with dungeons that are buggy and incompletable, completely untuned for the appropriate gear, and the gear it should be tuned for, completely underpowered for the unbalanced dungeons.

This results in many lost subscriptions.

Me, one of them.

Theres actually more to that story-- In a rush to get TBC released, all of their raid dungeons were completely untested, unbalanced, the gear has been made, and then they changed some vital itemization mechanics, making what should be superior gear inferior.

This leaves you with dungeons that are buggy and incompletable, completely untuned for the appropriate gear, and the gear it should be tuned for, completely underpowered for the unbalanced dungeons.

This results in many lost subscriptions.

Me, one of them.

Thats a real pitty. I've found it harder to get a good guild to run the raids with so I've ended up going to Arena for gear with a smaller/closer core group. I guess that means I'm not really missing too much with not being able to do the Black Temple and Illidan.
Although my point was more twards the creation and release of WoW itself not the actual expansion but good point!

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Thats a real pitty. I've found it harder to get a good guild to run the raids with so I've ended up going to Arena for gear with a smaller/closer core group. I guess that means I'm not really missing too much with not being able to do the Black Temple and Illidan.
Although my point was more twards the creation and release of WoW itself not the actual expansion but good point!

Serpantshrine will make you wanna tear your eyes out.

Karazhan is pretty fun, The Eye isn't bad.

Black temple's fun, but theres like 4 guilds in teh world there so it'll be a while.

[I actually left a guild, clearing serpantshrine/The Eye.]

Serpantshrine will make you wanna tear your eyes out.

Karazhan is pretty fun, The Eye isn't bad.

Black temple's fun, but theres like 4 guilds in teh world there so it'll be a while.

[I actually left a guild, clearing serpantshrine/The Eye.]

I have enjoyed the books and some of the lorr around the game so anything that deals with the dragons or the characters (Illidan for example) I'm interested in.

Zeratul_uy

System Name EMMA <3
Processor AMD Athlon X2 3600+ Brisbane @ Stock
Motherboard GigaByte GA-M57SLI-s4 (I also hate it -.-)
Cooling Stock and many Fans :D
Memory 2GB G.Skill (2 x 1GB DDR-2 800 CL5-5-5-15) @ Stock
Video Card(s) ECS 8600GT @ Stock
Storage Samsung (120GB IDE)
Display(s) Compaq V70 (Plz Viewsonic 1903w hurry up!!!)
Case Case xD
Audio Device(s) Realtek dunnowat 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Eurocase 450w
Software Vista Ultimate x32
Benchmark Scores Poor, horrible xD
Everyone who's ever waited for a Blizzard game to be released knows just how long "when it's ready" is. StarCraft2 is no exception to this rule. Unfortunately for anyone waiting for StarCraft2, this game is not going to be "ready" for quite some time. MSNBC scored an interview with Rob Pardo, the VP of game design at Blizzard, which explains when we can see this game.

StarCraft2 started development in 2003, and full production started a year later. The team working on this game comprises of 40 people.

StarCraft2 will be available for PC and Mac "when it's done".

Source: 1Up

I hate you!!! And I hate Blizzard!!!

Haha joking... xD It's just that I've been waiting for this game for almost 10 years and now that I know it's comming I'm just exited xD

It's true that if they take their time to polish and correct it it'll gonna be awesome, but they can at least release a Demo!! :D We need to stand up and claim for a demo!!1

United we will win!!

Lol I need a pill, be right back...

Zeratul_uy

System Name EMMA <3
Case Case xD
The Graphics are Identical to the original Starcraft so WTF is it taking them 4 years to develop ????????

You're tottaly blind...

Flammers, they'll never change :shadedshu

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Flammers, they'll never change :shadedshu

This is really kinda off topic, but "flaming" is a rude and insulting post twards a person. i.e. YOU IDIOT etc etc

Saying WTF is the difference in graphics is just ignorance showing its ugly head.

Zeratul_uy

System Name EMMA <3
Case Case xD
This is really kinda off topic, but "flaming" is a rude and insulting post twards a person. i.e. YOU IDIOT etc etc

Saying WTF is the difference in graphics is just ignorance showing its ugly head.

I'll stay outside the topic for a while.
It hasn't to be Explicit to be a flame, see thru the context, read underneat, you'll see the flame.
A flame may have elements of a normal message, but is distinguished by its intent. A flame is typically not intended to be constructive, to further clarify a discussion, or to persuade other people. The motive for flaming is often not dialectic, but rather social or psychological. Sometimes, flamers are attempting to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority. Other times, the flamer is simply a closed-minded or biased individual whose conviction that his is the only valid opinion leads him to personally attack any "dissenters." Occasionally, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls. Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject. Finally, some consider flaming to be a great way to let off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased.
(Source Wiki)

There is many kind of flammers, and I think this subject is the bold marked type.

Technically he is insulting SC2...

Am a SC fanboy xD

HellasVagabond

System Name SECONDARY RIG / PRIMARY RIG / THIRD RIG
Processor i920@3.6GHz / i920@4GHz / AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / Gigabyte EX58-UD7 / ASRock 890GX3
Cooling CoolIT Domino ALC / Thermalright Silver Arrow / Thermalright VenomousX
Memory 12GB DDR3 @ 1800MHZ / 6GB DDR3 @ 2250MHZ / 4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) XFX ATI RADEON 5970 / GAINWARD NVIDIA GTX 580 / 2xGEFORCE GTX295
Storage 1550GB / 6TB SAS - SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) NEC 26WUXi2 / NEC 3090WQXi / SONY 55A2000 (1080P 55inch)
Case COOLER MASTER HAF 932 / COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 / ANTEC DARKFLEET DF85
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music / SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro / Realtek Onboard
Power Supply CWT 1200W / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / Ikonik Vulcan 1200W
Software Windows 7 x64 / Windows 7 x64 / Windows 7 x64
SC fanboy when i was playing SC in lanparties when it first got released in late 90s and then Brood Wars i doubt you did so trust me im not attacking SC2. You could say im attacking Blizzard cause they should had brought this game to us earlier than almost 11 years after the Original SC. And to Be honest if i see a wonderous breakthrough or LEAP in Graphics, controls and weaponry i will be the first to comment the guys but seriously Blizzard isnt what it used to be 10 years ago since 90% of its resources are directed on their online MMORGS.

SC fanboy when i was playing SC in lanparties when it first got released in late 90s and then Brood Wars i doubt you did so trust me im not attacking SC2. You could say im attacking Blizzard cause they should had brought this game to us earlier than almost 11 years after the Original SC. And to Be honest if i see a wonderous breakthrough or LEAP in Graphics, controls and weaponry i will be the first to comment the guys but seriously Blizzard isnt what it used to be 10 years ago since 90% of its resources are directed on their online MMORGS.

Blizzard has over 8 million subscribers to WoW. The company wasn't that big, they've had to do a lot of adapting to that kind of userbase. Everyone knows how little battlenet took to maintain. WoW is nothing like that, and MMOs are some of the most demanding game styles out there. It will probably take them a while to catch up and balance.

Like I had said earlier, I've been waiting a while for them to do SC2, I love the game its still installed on all my systems. I can't wait either.

BETA subject - I read somewhere that there would be a beta, think the timeframe was fall/winter 2007. Not sure who all they were going to have beta it, but if I can I'm in.

BETA subject - I read somewhere that there would be a beta, think the timeframe was fall/winter 2007. Not sure who all they were going to have beta it, but if I can I'm in.

As for the beta subject they never announced a time frame or date.
However, what is interesting is if you attend BlizCon you will get a free Beta Key for an upcoming game by Blizzard.
It might be SC2 or they might just want you to think that.

And a Murloc suit you get as well :roll: ( http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon07/goodies.shtml )

HellasVagabond

System Name SECONDARY RIG / PRIMARY RIG / THIRD RIG
Processor i920@3.6GHz / i920@4GHz / AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / Gigabyte EX58-UD7 / ASRock 890GX3
Cooling CoolIT Domino ALC / Thermalright Silver Arrow / Thermalright VenomousX
Memory 12GB DDR3 @ 1800MHZ / 6GB DDR3 @ 2250MHZ / 4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) XFX ATI RADEON 5970 / GAINWARD NVIDIA GTX 580 / 2xGEFORCE GTX295
Storage 1550GB / 6TB SAS - SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) NEC 26WUXi2 / NEC 3090WQXi / SONY 55A2000 (1080P 55inch)
Case COOLER MASTER HAF 932 / COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 / ANTEC DARKFLEET DF85
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music / SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro / Realtek Onboard
Power Supply CWT 1200W / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / Ikonik Vulcan 1200W
Software Windows 7 x64 / Windows 7 x64 / Windows 7 x64
So far from all the Betas ive participated Blizzard only had Warcraft 3 Single Player and WOW in beta stages....However if they do roll SC2 beta out i guess im as good as in :)
On the other hand sometimes Betas make you despise a game prior to its launching due to many flaws :p

As for the beta subject they never announced a time frame or date.
However, what is interesting is if you attend BlizCon you will get a free Beta Key for an upcoming game by Blizzard.
It might be SC2 or they might just want you to think that.

And a Murloc suit you get as well :roll: ( http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon07/goodies.shtml )

LoL, thats funny, sry Murlocs were just never my favorites. I'll stick with my mini diablo and my nether whelp. Thanks for the update on the beta, I thought one of the places I had read something about it being the end of this year . . . but ofcourse I can't remember where o_@