• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

hello guys sorry again for my english, i going to google translate, try to understand,

each time, install a driver, the driver path is not the same, the values put are drivers that occasion, and had a different route to new updates, it is the same process only to be edited again with that new updated route.

see the dates of the image, in which the values of "install" is released, now see the date with which I update my driver, to this day
this is merely technicality, just follow the example of the date you updated with your new driver

and take the file in that folder corresponding to patch and modify the route of the "install"
parche 2.jpg
parche 1.jpg

spectrexcwk

Here is the "install.cmd" I used for 373.06 drivers. I removed the administrator check because even with the "hidden" windows 10 admin account I could not run the command. It kept telling me to run as admin, while I was signed in as admin in a admin command prompt.

@Echo off
title DifferentSLI Sign and Install
setlocal EnableExtensions
cd /d "%~dp0"
set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm
if exist "nvlddmkm2.sys" then set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm2
if not exist "tools\" goto wtfrudoin

call "%SystemRoot%\System32\certutil.exe" -store root DifferentSLIAuto
if %errorlevel% equ 0 goto certexists
call "tools\makecert.exe" -r -pe -ss "DifferentSLIAuto" -n "CN=DifferentSLIAuto" "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
call "tools\CertMgr.exe" /add "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" /s /r localMachine root
:certexists
call "tools\ChecksumFix.exe" "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
call "tools\signtool.exe" sign /v /s DifferentSLIAuto /n DifferentSLIAuto /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\takeown.exe" /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3baaab0007230109\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /a
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\icacls.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3baaab0007230109\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /grant "%USERNAME%":f
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\bcdedit.exe" /set TESTSIGNING ON
if exist "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\" goto x32mode
copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3baaab0007230109\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y
goto filecopied
:x32mode
copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\drivers\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y
:filecopied
color 0a
echo Reboot now for changes to take effect
goto end
:wtfrudoin
color 0c
echo Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder.
goto end
:notadmin
color 0e
echo Please run this as administrator!
:end
pause > nul

copy nlddmkm from directory in the post above
patch it by running the differentsli exe
edit your command.cmd with my text above
I ran it in safe mode (otherwise the script failed because the file was in use)
disabled driver signature enforcement and sli was enabled (may or may not be necessary.)

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel C2Q Xeon X3380 @ 4.275ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-USB3.0
Cooling Corsair H100 with 4x120x120 fans
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2300
Video Card(s) Gainward 2xGTX660ti 3GB OC SLI
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Mobo's built-in chip
Power Supply CORSAIR HX620W MODULAR
Software Windows 8 Pro X64
Hi guys, can I ask a kind soul to help guide me on how to make this work with the latest nvidia drivers ? I'm having trouble :(

Hello. I'm sorry for my English at first, hope u understand.
Has configuration:
P7P55 LX Mobo,
2xGTX 460 (MSI + Inno3D),
600W.
Trying everything: different drivers, different OS, changes between videocards. Find 1 trouble, hope it is fixible. In different tests like Furmark, OCCTPT, Unigine_Heaven and nvidiainspector integrated SLI works well. But in games i has 4-6 fps. I think its because 1 of PCI-E slots works in x4. Tested 1 of the cards in that slot - again perfect in tests (24-26 fps, for example), but in games 4-6 fps. What is it may be?
Thank alot for any help and advices.

Any new ideas?

Are you using Windows 10 Anniversary update (1607) by any chance?
Nope. My problem solved. Thank you.
Just used DifferentSliAuto 1.4 on 285.62 drivers, then SLIPatch 1.5 it.
After this positive result I try newer drivers and sadly meet error "Patch not found, talk to Ember". Read the forum more and found DifferentSliAuto 1.5 that solved my current trouble.
Sadly that so little count of new games totally SLI ready. Doom - not, Withcer 3 - 50/50... In my game library just only Path of Exile has huge result.
Windows 7 x64. Asus P7P55, 2x GTX 460 1GB.

malcbear

Yo,
I have an EVGA GTX 770 and a ASUS GTX 770, long story short my mobo doesn't support sli. Started the patching directions so i can get it to work and got the following:

Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.

Yo,
I have an EVGA GTX 770 and a ASUS GTX 770, long story short my mobo doesn't support sli. Started the patching directions so i can get it to work and got the following:

Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.

Try differentsliauto 1.5 few pages ago u can find it. Think u trying to patch some new drivers with old version

malcbear

I found the Differentsliauto 1.5 and followed the directions, the patch was successful, I then ran the install cmd with the edited code, as seen above, as administrator then rebooted, still no option to turn on sli

malcbear

anyone tested it with drivers 375.57?
Been trying to get it to work with the 373.06 drivers, haven't had any luck, then I updated to the 375.57 driver hoping it might work with the new drivers now it won't even go past the patch part.

The guy in the patch named "Ember" hasn't posted in over a year. Does anyone know of a new version coming out?

Last edited:

Damaniac311

Been trying to get it to work with the 373.06 drivers, haven't had any luck, then I updated to the 375.57 driver hoping it might work with the new drivers now it won't even go past the patch part.

The guy in the patch named "Ember" hasn't posted in over a year. Does anyone know of a new version coming out?

Which version of Windows are you on?

well i tryed 375.63 and got no error, but i after all process the option to activate sli was not available. had to go back to 373.06.

Last edited:
System Name The Beast
Processor Intel C2Q Xeon X3380 @ 4.275ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-USB3.0
Cooling Corsair H100 with 4x120x120 fans
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2300
Video Card(s) Gainward 2xGTX660ti 3GB OC SLI
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Mobo's built-in chip
Power Supply CORSAIR HX620W MODULAR
Software Windows 8 Pro X64
Anyone managed to get it to work with the latest drivers? 375.63 and beyond?

actarus

Anyone managed to get it to work with the latest drivers? 375.63 and beyond?
Someone could help me to get works my two GTX videocard together?
I have windows 7 a gtx 260 and a gtx 1080 8GB MSI Sea Hawk liquid cooled. I choose to make them work together because I'd like to connect the 260 by VGA adapter for its dvi output, because the double DVI-D of the 1080 doesn't permit to connect to a vga lcd screen.
But after installed the drivers for both GTX, I tryed to verify if by Nvidia control panel was possible to active or setting the SLI option. But nothing by control panel was not visible both card instead in device manager device the two videocard are present.
Anyway I downloaded the different SLI auto 1.4, 1.31 and 1.3. I tryed to lunch the exe, after I put the nvlddmkm.Sys file into the different sli auto folder to make it patched but i get the same error message as above for each version of dfferentSLIauto mentioned above. How to make it work? Where I fault? If someone could be kind to help me. I forgot to mention the driver version was 373.06.
THanks in advance

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
Someone could help me to get works my two GTX videocard together?
I have windows 7 a gtx 260 and a gtx 1080 8GB MSI Sea Hawk liquid cooled. I choose to make them work together because I'd like to connect the 260 by VGA adapter for its dvi output, because the double DVI-D of the 1080 doesn't permit to connect to a vga lcd screen.
But after installed the drivers for both GTX, I tryed to verify if by Nvidia control panel was possible to active or setting the SLI option. But nothing by control panel was not visible both card instead in device manager device the two videocard are present.
Anyway I downloaded the different SLI auto 1.4, 1.31 and 1.3. I tryed to lunch the exe, after I put the nvlddmkm.Sys file into the different sli auto folder to make it patched but i get the same error message as above for each version of dfferentSLIauto mentioned above. How to make it work? Where I fault? If someone could be kind to help me. I forgot to mention the driver version was 373.06.
THanks in advance

Not the answer you're looking for, but you can use the following device to accomplish what you are seeking:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C93JQXS/?tag=tec06d-20

actarus

thanks You for your time And for The reply. I saw It on The web. But having that hardware (gtx260) i'd preferiti to use It to solve my needs. Or u suggested that soluto because u know that what I choose would neve work?
thanks again

Last edited:

actarus

Thanks I'll try
Nothing to do!
Only using differentSLIauto1.5 I got patched file and the install.cmd to get work.
But at the end from Nvidia control panel no SLI double card is visible. Only the one viewed before installation/patch
Some suggest? Please
Thanks in advance

PS: Watching better I gone to system32 windows subfolder and I did a search about nvlddmkm.sys and I saw that only the patched file (with the proper date and hour of patch) had been copyed into system32 and the others in FileRepository foders are different about date and hours.... could be this the cause? I tryed to copy the files into that folder (even with administrator account) it doesn' tpermit to me to copy into them... I suppose to have done everything to make it works. even trying to copy in windows test mode

Last edited: