• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2 Weeks with Titan X Pascal (Titan XP), Thoughts...

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
So a few friends on around the web, here, and on social media asked me about my Titan X pascal and were shocked I purchased it. Most of this stems from the fact that I have been a pretty high advocate that the Titan series of cards were overpriced cards that should not exist (That and some people saw me as an AMD fanboy for owning two generation of AMD cards even after years of mostly Nvidia cards and because I see some people overly hating AMD for the wrong reason IMHO and call them out for it). Anyway, so I decided I would post my thoughts on it seeing as how I was so against the series and what I feel like switching sides after about ~4 years of AMD as my exclusive in the desktop GPU's (bearing in mind my laptop has been Nvidia still along with side machines). So here is my thoughts coming from my 3 290X's... @GreiverBlade @the54thvoid @rtwjunkie

This is not a review, just a thoughts/opinion on the card. If you want that look at the review on this site for a much more informative review of the card. I wrote some of this kinda fast so I apologize if there are any mistakes in grammar (I will try and correct them as I read it).

I went ahead and installed the card into my machine to run some tests on it making sure it was working correctly and to stress it. After a few FireStrike extremes and a burn in test I got my first impression of the card. The card performs marvelously and gives me results that I expected after watching reviews. It performs at minimum on par with my 3 R9 290X's working together which is nothing short of fantastic in my book and a welcomed upgrade considering CFX/SLI is still hit or miss. With this card it means I don't have to worry about it at all and still get that performance I crave. I immediately pulled up MSI afterburner and GPUZ to now take a look at it while the card was running so I can understand the way Boost 3.0 is working on my specific card and what needs to be done. Watching the card in Firestrike is pretty interesting as the clocks are constantly changing at a very high rate and the temps are something else to note (I will mention that shortly). Basically my card stays above the base clock constantly while doing Firestrike yet it never stays close to the boost clock for any length of time for a multitude of reasons most of which (According to GPU-Z) is power and temp. The card during those tests gets right up to the 80's in my case which is near the throttle point for the cards temps after just a little while in Firestrike but it seems that power is the biggest issue. So I decided to do some changing to the card immediately to try and remedy this.

After downloading the newest version of MSI afterburner (Since the old version I was running was not able to make adjustments to it) I was able to make the changes to the card to see how things changed. I loaded up a custom fan profile for the card (Just making some adjustments to keep it no higher than 85c) since before I didn't even notice the cards fan at all in my system (Even with my case fans set low) and then decided to just push the power limit and temp limit to the max. Rerunning the tests yielded significantly better results flat out as the boost clock went beyond the stated boost clock into the 1800's and the I stopped seeing the Power Limit come up on the card in GPU-Z satisfying me. Funny enough I still could barely notice the GPU fan which to me shows that the card is very quiet especially compared to the turbines on the 290X's.

Playing BF4 on this cards was nothing short of stunning. Without Vsync at the exact same settings as I was playing on the 290X trio resulted in FPS staying well above 144FPS and hitting the 200FPS wall constantly. I adjust the settings another notch up on the MSAA and switched to HBAO just to knock it down a notch which still kept the FPS around 160. Once I get the Asus ROG PG279Q I bet it will be even better since I can use G-Sync with the system. I pulled up Doom which performs very well with Vulkan enabled keeping in the 100+ range with ease. Every game I play I saw nothing but great FPS from this card normally above 100 on Ultra settings at 1440p which is exactly what I was wanting in preparation for BF1.

Now though I will get to some of the downsides I feel from the card:
For starters this card is not $1200, it is $1299 once tax is factored in for U.S. people. When ordering from Nvidia's site you get that tax thrown on (Even though you also get free shipping) so it ends up at almost the $1300 dollar mark which irks me a little bit just because its almost an extra $100 bucks. Guess ordering from newegg spoiled me, but I digress since I knew what I was paying well before that point so its a minor complaint.
The cooler on this card maybe of very high quality in design and looks. Heck it is one of the quietest stock coolers I have ever used (least in the last 6 years) on a high end card and one of the best looking. But to me its a little hard to love it when I watch the card under load. I have fresh air pumping in straight to the card and its not obstructed by anything in my case yet it still revs up high. Just allowing the cards power and temp limit to the max for max clocks (Which I will count as overclocking) causes temps in the mid 80's instantly while gaming or benching. The fan on the card with my custom profile (Which basically just scales at a linear rate up to 100% at 90c) means the fans in the range of 85% - 90% at all times gaming with just those settings and still keeping in the mid 80's. I still barely notice the fan (Which is impressive) but I feel the card just runs very hot easily on this cooler which is sad considering the build quality is top notch. Even forcing the fan to 100% didn't results in the temps getting down much more than another degree or two which I found odd in my testing. I think it has to do with the way boost 3.0 acts and manages power/performance, but I still thought I would mention it. I can't really complain much because it still manages to handle my max overclock on it as well (Which with boost I have seen as high as 2025 on this card) but I just found it weird since even though the 290X cooler was obnoxious beyond 60%, every 10% results in the temps dropping quite a bit (even though at a certain point I might as well have a vacuum next to me while gaming LOL) down to the low 70's then with overclocking the mid - upper 70's.
Overclocking the card achieved (Sorta) what I wanted, a 2000+ mhz overclock on the core. However that area is not maintained for much time as the card immediately reads power and drops back to the 1900's constantly. I really wish the power limit allows for just 10%-20% more as I really believe the card would hit much higher clocks just on that alone. Once I watercool it I will make my final judgment but for now I am just a little sad as I was hoping it could maintain it a little better in that range.

Do I feel regret buying this card...No not at all as it did (for the most part) what I was expecting. I actually am very impressed by the card and happy with it. I do feel that the cooler should be better for the money since there will be no aftermarket variants (And this is being sold as the way the card was supposed to be) but it is very quiet and does its job pretty well (Though I had to edit the fan curve as I feel its WAYYY to soft at stock in all forms) so its kinda a mixed bag especially since I planned to watercool it anyways soon enough. Its a great card but even though I like it, I still feel its overpriced a little bit. Granted I intend to use it only for gaming which does subtract some of its uses, I feel the extra $200 added from the last few Titans (Plus tax) is a little extreme for the card considering its not perfect. I actually wish they had a variant with a waterblock (Like EVGA did) that was priced accordingly to not include the FE price as that would have been a cool idea (Its just going to suck taking that cooler off for a waterblock considering the way its priced your paying extra for the FE cooler). What I safely can say is that the card is worth it if you want the best of the best and nothing less. I like it because its better than my previous 3 cards combined on one single card. But that is just me. I will be grabbing a second somewhere down the line (Though I am not sure when) which will be cool to see how well it scales but I figure the G-Sync monitor is first.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Thanks for the insights, very much as expected. It's just big Pascal on a crappy blower. Not to belittle your purchase, but that's what it is. The clocks are still quite nice though, I had never expected it to stick to 2000mhz on stock cooling (but seeing it hold 1850+ and especially 1900 is decent for this large die), and the temps fall in line with everything Nvidia has been doing since Kepler with regards to BIOS settings and GPU boost.

So far the highest Pascal 'median' I've seen on GP104 is 1949mhz. So if your Titan is capable of holding 1900 on stock (and notably too little) cooling, you may have a pretty good sample right there.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Thanks dude. I know this card shits on my Kingpin 980ti but I'm holding off, more due to a full system upgrade with gfx to boot (moving to W10). Once I see more info on Kabylake, Skylake-E or Zen, I'll start shelling out.
Great card though. :toast:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Man, that was a very in depth Titan Xperience! Thanks for that. It was well written, and I feel I got to share in your observations with you. I hope you enjoy it for some time!

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
You need this:
ek-fc_titan_x_pascal_np_front.jpg

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-titan-x-pascal-nickel

This is nothing comparing to your $1300 card.

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme
Nice experience story. I'd say watercooling is a must on this card, noise/overclock/temperatures, kinda important and needed here.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
thanks for the tag pal! interesting reading :)

and yep as other said .... watercooling should be good on that one :D

First of all thanks for your feedback on this video card.

I'm an hardware guy (I don't play that much now, however sometimes I play) but I like to have a powerful and special workstation under the hood. After all I'm an IT consultants and I build and sell systems for business.

I have a Titan X in my WS the old one (not the Pascal) with an AiO liquid cooler (the eVGA Hybrid), plus a second nVidia card (a GTX960 4GB) for GPGPU testing and other things; with this configuration you can use the 2nd card for some calculations (for example video encoding while you're playing) and free up the main video card for the most important task you are doing in that precise moment.

I would have bought the new Titan X Pascal and from a performance perspective is certainly the best video card money can buy today, but I won't because I'm really disappointed that nVidia decided not to implement the "full-design" of the chip, with all the 3840 CUDA cores enabled. At the price it's proposed it's totally unacceptable and just mind how much powerful (when overclocked) the card would be with all the CUDA cores enabled. Also does exist a GP102 with all CUDA cores enabled: the nVidia Quadro P6000 (24GB) has the full chip, but the price is ridiculous. I really find unethical a "castrated" chip at the price is proposed today, but also in perspective the Titan brand deserve the very best available.

This time I hope AMD will beat nVidia with their upcoming Vegas chipsets and perhaps nVidia will be forced to release a full fledged GP102 card, like they did in the past with the 1st Titan and soon after the Titan Black (that had a full chip implementation).

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Thanks for the insights, very much as expected. It's just big Pascal on a crappy blower. Not to belittle your purchase, but that's what it is. The clocks are still quite nice though, I had never expected it to stick to 2000mhz on stock cooling (but seeing it hold 1850+ and especially 1900 is decent for this large die), and the temps fall in line with everything Nvidia has been doing since Kepler with regards to BIOS settings and GPU boost.

So far the highest Pascal 'median' I've seen on GP104 is 1949mhz. So if your Titan is capable of holding 1900 on stock (and notably too little) cooling, you may have a pretty good sample right there.
No your correct, it really is held back by the cooler even if I am impressed with it in terms of noise.

Thanks dude. I know this card shits on my Kingpin 980ti but I'm holding off, more due to a full system upgrade with gfx to boot (moving to W10). Once I see more info on Kabylake, Skylake-E or Zen, I'll start shelling out.
Great card though. :toast:
This card will be sticking with me for the next couple of years. I will be doing my usual upgrade process of skipping a generation. I wish they had a FTW/Classified/Kingpin variant of this card.

Man, that was a very in depth Titan Xperience! Thanks for that. It was well written, and I feel I got to share in your observations with you. I hope you enjoy it for some time!
Thanks!

I am a bit crazy, but one more in awhile so I can LC both of them in the loop for the next couple of years is my plan. May change though as I am already pretty happy with the performance as is.

You need this:
View attachment 78268
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-titan-x-pascal-nickel

This is nothing comparing to your $1300 card.
That's the one I am looking at currently. Deciding when I will do that upgrade to the card as I only want to assemble it once so it comes down to if I buy another or not.

Nice experience story. I'd say watercooling is a must on this card, noise/overclock/temperatures, kinda important and needed here.
Indeed, noise is fine but the rest is what I run into. I am hoping also removing the air cooler will give me a slight bit more OC performance with the extra cooling as well.

thanks for the tag pal! interesting reading :)

and yep as other said .... watercooling should be good on that one :D
Yea, seems like a must for this card.

One thing I forgot to mention is I wish the Geforce logo was RGB. Since I plan on taking it off its no big deal but if I didn't having the green logo lit up (Even if its Nvidia's color) is a bit annoying since it clashes. Kinda wish they would throw the extra buck at that on the card but its really just a preference.

System Name ROG 7900X3d By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Memory 64Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 neo RGB 6400@6000mhz@1.41v
Video Card(s) Aorus RTX4090 Extreme Waterforce
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Display(s) LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
I think youll find your reaching your power limit. when you oc and at stock. I can keep my card below 55% with a more aggressive fan profile. yet the core still jumps around, which when you look closely is the power limit. whats needed is a custum bios. one which will pull at least +10% from 301 watts where it is now. NVidia should of used two 8pin power connectors. on water due to the power limit, people are only gaining 200mhz oc (similar to what people are getting on air) yet it is more constant with less dips. a volt mod might be needed. either a modded bios or modding the card itself.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Thoughts? well, that card will never win a value award, but it IS a beast performance wise. Curious as to what your ASIC Quality reads, because as stated by Vayra, the clocks are very good considering the cooler.

Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
I think youll find your reaching your power limit. when you oc and at stock. I can keep my card below 55% with a more aggressive fan profile. yet the core still jumps around, which when you look closely is the power limit. whats needed is a custum bios. one which will pull at least +10% from 301 watts where it is now. NVidia should of used two 8pin power connectors. on water due to the power limit, people are only gaining 200mhz oc (similar to what people are getting on air) yet it is more constant with less dips. a volt mod might be needed. either a modded bios or modding the card itself.
Yea, just watching it all I see is power warning. May mess with it at some point to see if it will allow more power through it.

Thoughts? well, that card will never win a value award, but it IS a beast performance wise. Curious as to what your ASIC Quality reads, because as stated by Vayra, the clocks are very good considering the cooler.
Indeed, I know its not a great value card as that was not what I was expecting. I don't know if I can read Asic values on it because I heard its not available on the Pascal series. Will check if I can.

Its mostly staying in the 1900's even when overclocked past 2000 as it hits voltage limits.

Card plays BF1 nearly perfectly at 1440p 144hz. May still grab another later on and its definitely hitting water before Christmas.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
My original Titan X is quite happy right now, and I paid much less than the MSRP as I got it on Pascal's launch when the price on Maxwell parts bottomed out. I highly recomend this acquisition method. :p

It's currently rocking this cooler:

IMG_2183.jpg

Yeah, the Maxwell Titan X's are just like your experience with the Pascal, the stock cooler is woefully inadequate.

PS: Yes, it's dusting time for my poor case.

Last edited:
System Name zx spectrum
Processor i7-4960x
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 32Gb Kingston Hyper Beast Quad-DDR3 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Saphire Tri-x R9 290 4GB
Storage 240Gb Kingston Hyper X SSD
Display(s) Samsung UE55NU8000 55'' Freesync
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
Audio Device(s) On Board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Ax1200i
Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013
Keyboard Razer Death Stalker Ultimate
Software Win 10
Great read GhostRyder
Makes me fill kinda old hat what with me still sucking the death out of my 780ti:laugh:

System Name Vellinious
Processor i7 6950X
Motherboard ASUS X99-A II
Cooling Custom Liquid
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ 3200 14
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Storage 512 GB Samsung 950 Pro, 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black
Case Thermaltake Core X9, stacked
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000P2, EVGA SuperNova 750G2
Mouse Razer Naga Molten Edition
Keyboard TT eSports Challenger Ultimate
Benchmark Scores Timespy-1080 SLI-15972

This....I had my Titan X Pascal for about a month and sold it. With the increasing likelihood that we'll not get a Pascal bios editor, watching it smash it's head against the power limit constantly at relatively mediocre overclocks was more than I could handle. I went back to my SLI 1080s.

Amazing card if you're not overclocking......but for someone that likes to overclock? It sucked. NVIDIA has this morbid fascination with gimping their cards with power limits that are way too low, and taking all the fun out of owning their enthusiast level hardware.

System Name HAL
Processor i7 975
Motherboard Asus Rampage III
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory Patriot Viper 2000mhz 8-8-8-24
Video Card(s) HD 5970 x 2
Storage C300 256gb x 2
Case Corsair 800D
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
OP get a waterblock on the card and the result is awesome.

Once running on water the Pascal Titan can maintain clocks that most 1080s struggle to reach.

For benching or gaming purely taking clockspeeds my water cooled Pascal Titans easily beat my FE 1080s.

System Name Vellinious
Processor i7 6950X
Cooling Custom Liquid
Storage 512 GB Samsung 950 Pro, 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black
Hmm...must have had some really bad 1080s.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95

All TxP's can do well over 2000 with decent cooling. An accelero will allow one to hold 2050 24/7 so it really doesn't take much better cooling. I think the breaking point is 60c, keep it there or under and the clocks won't be hindered.

OP, once you get the cooling sorted out (ie. waterblock), you will find you hit the power limit very easily. You then have to address the modding of the power limit, either by the clu method, or gluing (if not soldering) smd resistors to the 3 points. Both methods will drop the power limit read factor by 15% to 30% iirc.

The mother thread on Pascal
http://forum.kingpincooling.com/showthread.php?t=3879

https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia-announces-the-new-titan-x.1905829/page-35#post-1042522421
https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia-announces-the-new-titan-x.1905829/page-33#post-1042511061

System Name HAL
Processor i7 975
Cooling Corsair H50
Storage C300 256gb x 2
Case Corsair 800D
Hmm...must have had some really bad 1080s.

All 4 of my air cooled 1080s are good overclockers.

My Pascal Titans on water are better though.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
All 4 of my air cooled 1080s are good overclockers.

My Pascal Titans on water are better though.

You still running 4 ftw? So much gpu.

System Name HAL
Processor i7 975
Cooling Corsair H50
Storage C300 256gb x 2
Case Corsair 800D
System Name Vellinious
Processor i7 6950X
Cooling Custom Liquid
All 5 of the 1080s I've had pulled at least 2153 on air. The two I kept each hit 2200.... 2100+ is a pretty far reach for a Titan XP without banging up against the power limit, or temp throttling spots.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
System Name HAL
Processor i7 975
Cooling Corsair H50
Storage C300 256gb x 2
Case Corsair 800D
All 5 of the 1080s I've had pulled at least 2153 on air. The two I kept each hit 2200.... 2100+ is a pretty far reach for a Titan XP without banging up against the power limit, or temp throttling spots.

Could you post a Heaven 4 bench result using maximum settings with your 1080s @2200mhz on air please?