• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Adds BIOS Updates for Next-Gen CPU Support

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, is proud to announce support for Intel's next-generation LGA 1151 socket processors. Compatibility for the entire line-up of Z170, H170, B150 and H110 series motherboards are available with a simple BIOS update.

With multiple ways to update a GIGABYTE Motherboard users can rest at ease knowing that this update can be completed with little to no effort. One popular method for users to flash the BIOS would be to leverage the world renowned Q-Flash, this feature directly in the BIOS allows users to flash the firmware from a USB drive after they've downloaded the most updated BIOS into the flash drive.

Another alternative for users, if using a flagship motherboard such as the Z170X-Gaming G1 would be to flash their BIOS with Q-Flash Plus, allowing users to do so without the need to have the CPU or memory installed. These BIOS updates can be downloaded from the GIGABYTE website for users to flash on to their 100 series motherboards.

GIGABYTE engineers have tested and validated all GIGABYTE 100 series motherboards to ensure users will have optimal performance and compatibility for the latest Intel Core Processors.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name "That computer next to my desk"
Processor Intel Core i5 - 12600K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D4
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX PC3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB + 2TB Seagate SSHD + 4TB External Seagate HDD
Display(s) BenQ RL2755HM 27"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Audio Device(s) On board codec
Power Supply Corsair RM650i
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei Raw
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 350
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores The scouter says it's over 9000
Z280 doesn't really offer anything relevant to my needs, so it's nice that Z170 boards now have full Kaby Lake support. If I should ever want an i7-7700K I'll just pop it in my Z170 Pro Gaming. But for now the 6600K I have is plenty for my needs.