• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
yeah - saw that.

Anthony Pious Devious War-a-holic Blair wants to return to UK politics to save it despite sucking a Bush's cock and killing 10's of thousands of Iraqi's in the last centuries most unjust 'war'. And by war I mean oil and rebuilding grab.

Fucking prick of a shite bag. Despise him. And i voted him and he became so evil and ugly inside. Turned to catholicism at end of term to try to save his own soul. It's still going to burn.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
The bastard should be in jail.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Tony in his natural environment taking a selfi

And Britain Ready's a welcome

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Cant game no more....

This is the 4th or the 5th time today my PC has completely shut off out of the blue. First 3 times, my PC wasnt even doing anything serious. started up my downloads left to get take a leak and it was powered off when i came back. Checked BSODviewer -- NOTHING, Checked event viewer logs and there was code 41s where the system just suddenly lost power.

I know its a problem with my PSU because this AX860 replaced a HX1050 that was doing the exact same thing before i sent it away for RMA. Thermals are perfectly fine. CPU barely touches 60'c during gaming. My 1070 is about the same and i got a slim 100cm fan cooling my boards VRMs.

This is sad for a few reasons....

- The AX is a premium PSU -- didnt even last 3 years. I think its at least a year old...
- The AX costs a butt tonne of money -- its not cheap!
- I have never pulled anywhere close to 700w with it. With 970 SLi it would occasionally spike at 600w then drop down to around 400-550w mark.
- This PSU is actually a Seasonic Re-brand.

--- I ordered a AX760 from Amazon which should be here tuesday.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Holy jesus, ordered new PSU last night at 8pm and its already here... Well... I guess being an amazon prime member has its perks ;3

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
Tony in his natural environment taking a selfi

And Britain Ready's a welcome

nah bruv those are PLA soldiers :laugh: China would never do that to someone who does as much ass kissing as Tony does

What you need are some Royal Marines, ready to defend the homeland against some nasty ass shit like Blair

Britain readies a welcome :rockout:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
key findings of Chilcott,

• There was “no imminent threat from Saddam Hussein” in March 2003 and military action was “not a last resort”

• The UK “chose to join the invasion of Iraq before the peaceful options for disarmament had been exhausted”

• Tony Blair’s note to George Bush on July 28, 2002, saying UK would be with the US “whatever”, was the moment Britain was set on a path to war

• Judgements about the threat posed by Iraq’s WMD “were presented with a certainty that was not justified”

• Tony Blair told attorney general Lord Goldsmith Iraq had committed breaches of UN Security Council resolution 1441 without giving evidence to back up his claim

• Ministry of Defence was “slow” to react to clear need for better equipment and it was not clear whose job it was to do so

• Planning for post-war Iraq was “wholly inadequate”

• Blair government “failed to achieve its stated objectives”

• The legality of the war can only be decided by an international court

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
A few reasons why i hate Wales.........:)

No starbucks on the piers

There are too many castles

This beach was only the 3rd best in Europe and 9th best in the world

Did i mention the castle thing? They are bloody everywhere

We cant make it to the Euro finals

Our rugby team have only won the Six Nations title four times in the last 11 years, including just three Grand Slams.

Our main stadium can only hold 74,500 people and can only put on world-class concerts when the rugby's not on.

Our Dragon has no flame

Our mountains dont have lifts or elevators

Sometimes the only way down is in a bag

LOOK....we havent even got palm trees

Theres nothing here !!!!!!

Building maintanance is shit

Our bridges are old

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
key findings of Chilcott,

• There was “no imminent threat from Saddam Hussein” in March 2003 and military action was “not a last resort”
  • Not a last resort? The UN had tried to reach an inspection agreement for 7 years and at every corner Saddam sidestepped his own agreements, not suspicious at all, Blair's fault or the US & UK's intelligence services? Let's also not forget what the UN's lead negotiator claimed around Saddam's "highly likely" WMD stashes.

• The UK “chose to join the invasion of Iraq before the peaceful options for disarmament had been exhausted”
  • As above PLUS, lets forget about the 250,000 murdered Northern Kurds and Sunni Muslims that died during those protracted negotiations.

• Tony Blair’s note to George Bush on July 28, 2002, saying UK would be with the US “whatever”, was the moment Britain was set on a path to war
  • Very true but at that point pretty much everyone on the whole planet including the Arab world had given up on Saddam agreeing to anything, if nothing else the previous 15 years evidences this, lets not forget a few years earlier he invaded Kuwait.... yes for their oil and butchered them..... of course 2 wrongs never make a right.

• Judgements about the threat posed by Iraq’s WMD “were presented with a certainty that was not justified” Based on evidence presented to him by intelligence services, whilst my instinct tells me politicians manipulated it, I don't think there is any hard evidence to support that as that in itself would possibly tip the scales around the war crimes thing.

• Tony Blair told attorney general Lord Goldsmith Iraq had committed breaches of UN Security Council resolution 1441 without giving evidence to back up his claim but the US tabled the motion in the end with evidence.

• Ministry of Defence was “slow” to react to clear need for better equipment and it was not clear whose job it was to do so Not sure what this has to do with Blair, the MOD has been woefully under resourced since the end of the Cold War, point of note is that since Blair stepped down in 2007 our capability has reduced below Argentina's level (for example), during the period Blair was PM he actually increased defence spending year on year in contrast to the previous and successive tory governments.

• Planning for post-war Iraq was “wholly inadequate” Agreed

• Blair government “failed to achieve its stated objectives” Agreed.

• The legality of the war can only be decided by an international court Agreed, recent history will show however that those convicted of war crimes since WW2 have in the main been convicted because there was no evidence of any attempt to resolve issues at a diplomatic level (examples; Kosovo/Bosnia), that is not the case here.
I am not a fan of Blair's, I too voted for him in 1997, for me too my opinions changed in 2003 , my comments above therefore are not in his defence, more playing Devil's Advocate because by nature people take sides based on the information or selections of it pushed in front of their nose, I was in both Iraq wars, the 2nd Gulf War should never of happened (apart from getting rid of Saddam). I do happen to think that until the ISIS problem occurred things were improving but not nearly enough was done around transitional leadership and democracy.

Again, history will show that applying the rule of law to any conflict or act of violence or aggression would render many of our great historic leaders as criminals were they still alive (example; Suez 1956), of course that does not change the fact that Blair was wrong to go to war with the US against IRAQ, but lets be very clear here, his war was against the leadership, many of the Iraqi people wanted it, sadly it's them that also paid the highest cost.

There were 49 countries deployed in the coalition force (if my memory serves), all there by their own choice including the UN themselves, should they all appear at the Hague?

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex

Never have truer words been spoken my friend :laugh:

Iraq had sectarian and other problems that "hearts and minds" wouldn't solve, and when there are doubts that even "hearts and minds" was done properly in Iraq, and they just let the Ba'athist leadership run away, I suppose we should have seen ISIS coming. Those up there at the top of command who oversaw the "rebuilding" can't just point to the politicians and argue that they shouldn't have put the forces there to begin with.

The weary "there were no WMDs" argument makes me annoyed at the very least, since Iraq had been using mustard against Iranians and Kurds for most of the 1980s, and Western governments not only knew of it and stood by and watched, but actively supported Iraq and confined Iran to what they thought would surely be a painful fate. Did it justify miltiary intervention? Maybe, maybe not, but the whole of the Ba'athist regime wasn't some collection of good guys.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Christ its hard to sell computer hardware these days. Selling off nearly an entire system on fleabay, gumtree and facebook and barely a single bite on some high end hardware (not selling on TPU cause CBA and there's never any UK interest).

So far I've got one guy offering me £50 for an i5 4670 :p

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
If you list the parts or links to listings i will spread the word. PM if you want.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Christ its hard to sell computer hardware these days. Selling off nearly an entire system on fleabay, gumtree and facebook and barely a single bite on some high end hardware (not selling on TPU cause CBA and there's never any UK interest).

So far I've got one guy offering me £50 for an i5 4670 :p

Most of my ram has been sold. Both my 970s are up on ebay now and i have someone interested in getting both of them as a set last night. Had one guy message me and said he was interested in my ram for £20 when i was trying to get £40 and I hate lowballers so I put his question up on my listing with my response which was 'Nah'

Ive had my first time waster over a week ago -- he decided to bid on my ram despite not having any money to pay me. he won the auction said he'd pay in 3 days and was never heard from again. He's been on ebay 3 years but has 0 feedback. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and not leave feedback about him not paying till the last second as i opened up a non payment dispute on ebay and since its my first time dealing with a non-payment, I totally missed the window to leave negative feedback.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Carbon
Cooling Artic freezer 280mm
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
What ram was it freedom?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
A few reasons why i hate Wales.........:)

No starbucks on the piers

There are too many castles

This beach was only the 3rd best in Europe and 9th best in the world

Did i mention the castle thing? They are bloody everywhere

We cant make it to the Euro finals

Our rugby team have only won the Six Nations title four times in the last 11 years, including just three Grand Slams.

Our main stadium can only hold 74,500 people and can only put on world-class concerts when the rugby's not on.

Our Dragon has no flame

Our mountains dont have lifts or elevators

Sometimes the only way down is in a bag

LOOK....we havent even got palm trees

Theres nothing here !!!!!!

Our bridges are old

My mother is Welsh, came from tiny place (not even really a village) near Welshpool called Glansevern. Visited my 90+ yr old gran in Newtown just last month.

Been to some of those castles but you might want to mention they're actually English castles built to crush the Welsh, sadly. Also - cracking pick of Tenby - awesomely beautiful place.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Most of my ram has been sold. Both my 970s are up on ebay now and i have someone interested in getting both of them as a set last night. Had one guy message me and said he was interested in my ram for £20 when i was trying to get £40 and I hate lowballers so I put his question up on my listing with my response which was 'Nah'

Ive had my first time waster over a week ago -- he decided to bid on my ram despite not having any money to pay me. he won the auction said he'd pay in 3 days and was never heard from again. He's been on ebay 3 years but has 0 feedback. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and not leave feedback about him not paying till the last second as i opened up a non payment dispute on ebay and since its my first time dealing with a non-payment, I totally missed the window to leave negative feedback.

Sold a coupla guitars and consoles on Facebook over the last two weeks. Keep getting these Polish people offering me less than half of what I ask for. Stopped responding politely, just straight up saying no.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
you might want to mention they're actually English castles built to crush the Welsh

they tried.

I lived in Tenby for a year or so and got married in Saundersfoot which is just a few miles away. I spent the night before the wedding in my friends hotel....this was the view. It is one of a few walled towns in the UK.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
What ram was it freedom?

2400Mhz kingston HyperX Beast. I still have 1 set of 8gb if interested

If you want something cheap and cheerful i think ive got an 8gb set of 1600mhz corsair vengeance lying around. Heatsink has come off it but it still works perfectly fine

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Come to think of it... Next time one of you gets married, you need to invite the TPU posse.... We'll help you clear the bar

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
You are more than welcome to attend my wifes next wedding but dont expect me to be there.......:toast:

have i ever told you how pretty she is compared to me?

20161125_115036.jpg

20161125_115102.jpg

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Thats the closest anyone has ever come to a diagnosis.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Admittedly i havent bought any whiskey this blackfriday.

I also decided not to get a 750gb crucial ssd for £105. I regret this but at the same time i couldn't justify the purchase. ..