• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Named a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality

They discriminate just as much amongst themselves, it's not always the straights that do that.
Straights don't discriminate, they're too busy working and paying taxes so that these pseudo-discriminated-minorities can live easily in their subsided safe spaces.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I remember Gone Home, a shitty game, receiving the highest scores from the gaming press just because the main character was a lesbian;

Actually, I remember that game getting great reviews because it was a very good adventure game/ story simulator, whose main character just happened to be lesbian. I'm a straight, white, fairly conservative male, and the story didn't bother me in the least.

And, where do you get your info? What subsided lifestyle? I have a couple gays in our workplace and they work as hard as any straight people, so they earn their pay. It's been that way with every one in my career I have known.

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
This tbh, deu is the realest dude in this thread

Well, they can't expect to be treated as a normal person, when in fact, being a gay/trans etc and shoving it down everyone's face was wrong in the first place :^)

everyday we stray even more far away from God, what a time to be alive :^(

Well thank you I guess. Even though i am an atteist and I would just call it common logic :) But again if we start cursing on eachothers differences we would not make it to the essence of a dialog so the that regard we are just humans and nor belivers or disbelivers.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
Love the comments lol, just here with my popcorn xD

fact is there is to types of people; men and women.
That sentence is constructed about as retarded as the idea it conveys.

You know less than you think you do:

Humans, as well as some other organisms, can have a chromosomal arrangement that is contrary to their phenotypic sex; for example, XX males or XY females (see androgen insensitivity syndrome). Additionally, an abnormal number of sex chromosomes (aneuploidy) may be present, such as Turner's syndrome, in which a single X chromosome is present, and Klinefelter's syndrome, in which two X chromosomes and a Y chromosome are present, XYY syndrome and XXYY syndrome.[2] Other less common chromosomal arrangements include: triple X syndrome, 48, XXXX, and 49, XXXXX.
And that's just genetics. The intricacies of the human mind when it comes to roles and patterns is an even more complex matter.

But why bother with any of that when we can just simplify everything to a binary choice, right?

I'm a white, middle aged, higher educated straight male living in a rich part of the world with an IQ that puts me in the top 2%. Genetics were kind to me and I have no inclination to ostracize people with less luck. Not because they are confused about who they are or who they want to love, nor because they are born with below average mental capacity. Which is lucky for some of people answering this thread.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
All this discussion has nothing to do with technology... it belongs to general nonsense...

Should be closed imho.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Good for AMD being on top of the game for once.

As for the comments, it is very amusing how many people here are so triggered by gays having a fair workplace and the same rights as non gays. You guys must have some really scary skeletons in your closet to be this upset. ;)

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Good thing the forum software comes with an ignore button. The best thing about these threads is how it reveals the bigots that I'm better off ignoring.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Very nice. Where I work made it into the top 250 companies with flexible jobs and it's quite nice here. Work remotely for most of the time, and with few exceptions I haven't worked past 3:00 on a Friday in the last 3 years. Even when I do go into the office it's a chill place that welcomes all. I hope everyone finds a place where they enjoy working.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I don't really care about people's skin color or what have you. Show up, do your duties, go home. Whatever you do in your life is not my concern until you make it my concern by shoving it in my face.

Have fun with your life, you only get one.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
People, be nice. My banstick is rusty, but it still pricks.
Bound to happen on this topic. Ideally these things are better discussed on political forums. The only reason its on here is due to the company happening to sell a tech product. Otherwise the entire topic is political. It would be the same if they were named the best place to work for black people or for women, or hispanics or especially if someone came out and called them the best place to work for straight white males.

Politics all. Ask yourself if somewhere like walmart was being recognized for LGBT employment, would you be posting that as news on a tech site? However if walmart came out with a new cpu you likely would be posting about that, as that would be tech news, out of left field, but tech news.

This is political news on a tech site. One that has in the past stayed out of politics and listed it as something to avoid on its forums. That's what GN is for.

I do not think this should be showing up on TPU. All it becomes is flame baiting by a mod, something that is also frowned upon.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
This Political Correctness nightmare went way too far. Its insidiousness reaches every pore of Society.
I remember Gone Home, a shitty game, receiving the highest scores from the gaming press just because the main character was a lesbian; and that, obviously, excuses all flaws.
Same with Blue is the Warmest Colour where reviewers discussed in earnest how realistic the sex scenes were, no matter how boring the whole film was ......
.... anyway, there's always a backlash when things go too far, and maybe 2016 marks the spot.

Ermm I loved Gone Home thank you very much, great voice acting, felt really connected to the character which is more then I can say about 99% of the games out there so yeah...

I would like to mention that all these extremely hate filled reactions are exactly the reason why awards like this must be given.
You actively hate on equality because you think there is no hate on it....doesnt anyone of you see how backwards that is?

Well off to report a bunch of these comments here, cant believe how sad and salty and ignorant some of the people on this website are.

I must say its like a veil is lifted, I never would have thought my choice of tech website for years was filled with such vile human beings, but I see the hate everywhere these days, I guess its an anti movement to the progress based in fear for what they dont understand.
All pretty sad though.

Last edited:

deu

Processor AMD 3900X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Mouse G403
Benchmark Scores XX
That sentence is constructed about as retarded as the idea it conveys.

You know less than you think you do:

And that's just genetics. The intricacies of the human mind when it comes to roles and patterns is an even more complex matter.

But why bother with any of that when we can just simplify everything to a binary choice, right?

I'm a white, middle aged, higher educated straight male living in a rich part of the world with an IQ that puts me in the top 2%. Genetics were kind to me and I have no inclination to ostracize people with less luck. Not because they are confused about who they are or who they want to love, nor because they are born with below average mental capacity. Which is lucky for some of people answering this thread.

I understand biology but that is not an arguement that other should. That in itself is not an arguement that others cannot. This IS NOT A ROLEPLAY; This is biology! And you know what biology dont give ten f***s about what role I feel like playing! It gives f***s about chromosomes and there exist no 'I wanna be an 'fury wolf-non-gender-vegan chromosone'

How I see myself in the context of the world does not change what I am but who I am (my identity) Identity is not termined by your sex but by you! You can argue all you want but the human species consist of men and women. If you wanna be unisex go be a snail.

Processor Intel Atom 270
Cooling Passive
Memory 2GB DDR3-1333
Storage 160GB WD 2.5"
Case Custom
Power Supply Seasonic-Passive
Like it or not, this is a major issue in the tech industry. Discrimination hurts companies by turning away talented people. The comfort of minorities might not interest you, but when they take their talent too a competing company it is your own fault.
Tech companies should know this.
Evolve or die.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

EVERY employer, regardless of industry, should know this. That makes this really not so much a tech news item.

deu

Processor AMD 3900X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Mouse G403
Benchmark Scores XX
Like it or not, this is a major issue in the tech industry. Discrimination hurts companies by turning away talented people. The comfort of minorities might not interest you, but when they take their talent too a competing company it is your own fault.
Evolve or die.

Dude; you are creating the news now! Who says they dont? AMD just got announced the best place to work for people that have weird haircolors...

But to end this madness it is good that hardware does not judge people based of their gender/nouns/type of wolf/attackhelicopter; IT just works! Lets all unite and not be different!

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I manage to work without sharing anything about my personal life beyond that I love coffee, work hard, and am willing to find the answers or figure a problem out. I'm an ordained minister, but am now atheist, single father of two living with my current SO, smoke some, drink, and generally don't give two squirts of piss about what others do with their genitals unless it involves me somehow. So while its great that AMD is this awesome, and I gladly support the right person for the job, identity politics needs to die, identity has no place in the professional world, and you can be a special snowflake on your own time, and all your "endearing quirks and traits" annoy other people and cause the issues. No one cares if you like to roleplay cats or baby when you get home, but meowing during a meeting is unacceptable, shitting/pissing your diaper and crying when entering data is unacceptable, and if you want to talk about your sex life out loud you should be reported to HR just like everyone else. Be a special snowflake, just like all the other special snowflakes, but do it elsewhere.

Work = work.

Wow didn't know this sites' community has so much common sense... So uplifting these days :)

Identity politics and political correctness needs to die. MAGA!

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
This has gone off in a vastly different direction than most AMD threads here on TPU...

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Wow didn't know this sites' community has so much common sense... So uplifting these days :)

Identity politics and political correctness needs to die. MAGA!
Trump is an orange oompa loompa and his only saving grace is at least he is too dumb to really do much. But the left has gone too far and is willing to trade all their freedom for virtue "false flags" of if you are white take these guilt symbols and make sure you wear them on your face all the time!!!

Trump is an orange oompa loompa and his only saving grace is at least he is too dumb to really do much. But the left has gone too far and is willing to trade all their freedom for virtue "false flags" of if you are white take these guilt symbols and make sure you wear them on your face all the time!!!

Couldn't agree more!! America needs a shaking from the last 8 years of abuse... The left elected Trump themselves.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Yep. Can't agree more with Steevo. Nobody gives a wet f*uCK about what hole you would prefer to put in your shaft. It is the intelligence and hard-work that matters.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
They missed Q, it is LGBTQ! And there are KAFGRQPSB.....

This political correctness trend in IT is scary.

You think it is scary over what? The actual racists celebrating trump's victory and the likely ensuing degradation of rights?