• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOSTAR Reveals New Features of its Upcoming Motherboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BIOSTAR is excited to announce the feature set for its 2nd-generation RACING series of motherboards that will support the 7th-generation of processors from Intel. BIOSTAR steps up its game for gamers and enthusiasts by introducing new features and upgrading existing ones for a more powerful experience like never before seen from the RACING series.

BIOSTAR introduces new features to further enhance the degree of performance and style that the BIOSTAR RACING series is known for. Some of these features include the brand-new M.2 Cooling Protection, 10GbE LAN, Lightning Charger and the improved ones for LED lighting, such as VIVID LED Armor and 5050 LED Fun Zone, for DIY lovers and lighting enthusiasts. From excellent power delivery for a more stable operation all the way to new ways of improving the visual appeal and style of your system to make it stand out and pop for your next theme. Combined, these new features will bring a new level of experience for gamers and enthusiasts.

M.2 Cooling Protection
BIOSTAR RACING 2nd-generation motherboards will be the first to have an M.2 heatsink that features ultra-high cooling efficiency to protect M.2 devices connected to the onboard M.2 slot and chipset from thermal issues thus expanding M.2 device lifespan for long-term usage and overall stable operation even under high system load.

Intel 10 GbE LAN
Intel's X550 chipset supports 10GbE LAN, delivering 10 times faster data transfer speed and bandwidth than traditional GbE LAN as well as bringing with it lower power consumption. Together with the latest Intel 7th-generation processors, this will be the fastest motherboards for online game.

Lightning Charger
The new 2nd-generation BIOSTAR RACING motherboards will be the first to have the new Lightning Charger which helps the battery of enabled devices, including smartphones or tablets, to achieve up to 75% charge in just 30 minutes. It supports QC2.0 (12V/1.5A output), Apple Mode (5V /2.4A) and BC 1.2.

VIVID LED Armor
The new VIVID LED Armor enhances the Armor protection for the I/O interfaces and electronic audio components without static electricity. It comes integrated with onboard LED lighting for DIY fun. This feature also enhance performance as it keeps the system stable and protected from dust build-up and static interference.

5050 LED Fun Zone
The brand-new 5050 LED Fun Zone comes with two 5050 LED headers to bring more colorful lighting options to DIY lovers. This improves upon the original feature allowing for a much more flexible way of adding lights to your system.

Digital Power+
Digital Power+ uses IR's digital power controller to bring your PC and processor exceptionally high-performance and ultra-stable operation.

High-Speed U.2 32Gb/s Connector
This unique technology uses PCI Express 3.0 x4 for a maximum of 32Gb/s of bandwidth resulting in transfer rates as fast as 6.5x more than traditional SATA solid-state drives.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name anime_server//home_pc//rufy_pc//htpc//film_server
Processor EQ8300@3.03/E7200@3.16/E8400@3.06/E5300@2.93/J1900
Motherboard Asus P5Q-DLX/MSI G31M3-L V2/GA-G41M-ES2L/AsRock Conroe1333-D667/AsRock Q1900-ITX
Cooling CM Hyper48+Vantec Tornado/stock/Asus Triton/stock/stock
Memory 2*2G PI8000+2*1G Extreme800+/2*2G PC2-6400/1*2G+1*512M PC2-6400/2*1G Kingston PC2-6400/2*4G so-DDR3
Video Card(s) Palit GTX460 1GB w EK Supreme/GTS240 1GB/Asus HD4550 512MB/Asus 7200GS 128MB/iHD
Storage too many in too many config
Display(s) Asus VS239--BenQ G922HDL--Philips 191V--Panasonic TX-40CS620--BenQ 2220HDL
Case Chieftec super towa--Nokia Style--TechSolo TC-020--Lenovo Case--NXT one
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy!--onboard--onboard--onboard--onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX850 w Aerocool fan--Antec EA380--FSP-300-60GHS--crappy one--LC-Power LC7300
Software W7Pro x64--W8.1Pro--W7Pro x64--W7Pro--Win server 2012r2
Benchmark Scores need more GB, more GPU and more CPU.. at least can share all with my rig
10Gb base-T on a consumer motherboard?
I'm lovin' it :respect:
the only other things needed is.. trash video output, one hdmi and a dp is enough, slap ton of USB
i remember " old days " when high-end mobo have 8+ usb in the back..
and now i'll have to grab pci bracket :shadedshu:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
I've heard it all now..........:banghead:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
it didnt die out....it was hiding in The Fun Zone

System Name The cube
Processor AMD Ryzen 5700g
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright ARO-M14
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3800mhz
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston 1TB NV2| 2x 1TB 2.5" Hitachi 7200rpm | 2TB 2.5" Toshiba USB 3.0
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 32" + LG 24MP59G 24"
Case Chieftec CI-02B-OP
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio PCI-E (SB1040)
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win10 x64 PRO
Benchmark Scores Mobile: Asus Strix Advantage G713QY | Ryzen 7 5900HX | 16GB Micron 3200MHz CL21 | RX 6800M 12GB |
In all seriousness I REALLY wished I could buy high-end Biostar products in my country. I've had really a really good experience with their mid-high end products so far, and they are one of the oldest tech companies -> I still have a Voodoo 1 (1996) and a couple of socket 3 motherboards (1993 and 1994) made by them in my collection, and guess what - they work as well as they did the day they were made.

They generally offer more features and better quality then similarly priced boards made by big-brand OEMs.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
In all seriousness I REALLY wished I could buy high-end Biostar products in my country. I've had really a really good experience with their mid-high end products so far, and they are one of the oldest tech companies -> I still have a Voodoo 1 (1996) and a couple of socket 3 motherboards (1993 and 1994) made by them in my collection, and guess what - they work as well as they did the day they were made.

They generally offer more features and better quality then similarly priced boards made by big-brand OEMs.

BIOSes were a bit sloppy, but I never had a problem with the hardware itself (they eventually failed but were about 7 yrs old).

You could even crossflash at least one cheap model to the expensive version.

10Gb lan needs to be standard asap. I could use that in an AM4 board for file transfers to the NAS.

Processor Intel Core i9-13900K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI
Cooling Custom water
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6400 CL32
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 4090
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus
Display(s) LG 27GN950-B
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL (Dark Tint)
Power Supply SAMA XP1000W
Mouse DAREU EM901
Keyboard RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK100 (white with blue switches)
10Gb lan needs to be standard asap. I could use that in an AM4 board for file transfers to the NAS.

I opted for fiber optic over RJ-45 as I was able to get two NICs + two SFP+ transceivers + 30m of cable for under $75.

Dear Biostar, Please ditch the LED's and drop the price by $20.00. Thx.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
I opted for fiber optic over RJ-45 as I was able to get two NICs + two SFP+ transceivers + 30m of cable for under $75.

When I started planning my 10Gbit home network, I did consider SFP+ as some of the hardware was cheaper, although I really didm't like the idea of needing all those tranceivers (since I have about 8 PC's hooked up), all those optic cables, and I wanted to be able to use CAT7 from beginning to end. Plus I wanted to be able to aggregate the connection for certain machines on the network (like the storage/VM server which has 4x 10Gbit links aggregated as well as two of the Work Stations hooked up to the network as well). Also, for sake of ease and convenience, I wanted to ONLY use Intel manufactured NICs without exception. SO when I made the plunge about 4 months ago, I went with all CAT 7 and NICs with RJ-45 ports. I had to buy about 12x 10Gbit, single port NICs, two 10Gbit switches, a spool of CAT7, etc. The interesting thing is that on the Storage server and the Work Stations I wanted to have aggregated connections on, I HAD to go with 4x Single Port NICs to approach 40Gbits/sec as when you try to instead do it with 2x double port NICs it doesn't work because when you aggregate the two links on a dual port card, they're only capable of 15Gbits total, so combining two would only achieve 30Gbits. Either way, the hardware DID cost more than going with non-RJ45 options, but in the end it saved me a lot of trouble, aggravations and a bunch of transceivers. In case anyone is curious as to why and how I wanted 40Gbit connections with the Storage/VM Server and some work stations, it's because I wanted to have a super fast connection just to have one. Either way, at both ends of the aggregated links (40Gbit) I have NVMe storage sending and receiving so I can actually utilize the bandwidth, and all these NVMe drives will be replaced with the Samsung 960 Pro's I've already pre-ordered as soon as I get them, so I'll be able to get even more out of the bandwidth. Obviously, my storage server has tiered storage with three tiers, the first being 4TB of purely NVMe (data remains here for 7 days, then is automatically passed down to the next tier), the second tier is 8TB of SATAIII SSD storage in RAID 50, then the third and final tier is 120TB of RAID 50 storage on 3.5" 7200 10TB HElium filled SATAIII drives. Is it overkill? Of Course, but I came into some money and really, really wanted to create something that would make any enthusiast drool...I guess that's why I kept rambling on about my network, because I'm very proud of it, haha

Robin113

When I started planning my 10Gbit home network, I did consider SFP+ as some of the hardware was cheaper, although I really didm't like the idea of needing all those tranceivers (since I have about 8 PC's hooked up), all those optic cables, and I wanted to be able to use CAT7 from beginning to end. Plus I wanted to be able to aggregate the connection for certain machines on the network (like the storage/VM server which has 4x 10Gbit links aggregated as well as two of the Work Stations hooked up to the network as well). Also, for sake of ease and convenience, I wanted to ONLY use Intel manufactured NICs without exception. SO when I made the plunge about 4 months ago, I went with all CAT 7 and NICs with RJ-45 ports. I had to buy about 12x 10Gbit, single port NICs, two 10Gbit switches, a spool of CAT7, etc. The interesting thing is that on the Storage server and the Work Stations I wanted to have aggregated connections on, I HAD to go with 4x Single Port NICs to approach 40Gbits/sec as when you try to instead do it with 2x double port NICs it doesn't work because when you aggregate the two links on a dual port card, they're only capable of 15Gbits total, so combining two would only achieve 30Gbits. Either way, the hardware DID cost more than going with non-RJ45 options, but in the end it saved me a lot of trouble, aggravations and a bunch of transceivers. In case anyone is curious as to why and how I wanted 40Gbit connections with the Storage/VM Server and some work stations, it's because I wanted to have a super fast connection just to have one. Either way, at both ends of the aggregated links (40Gbit) I have NVMe storage sending and receiving so I can actually utilize the bandwidth, and all these NVMe drives will be replaced with the Samsung 960 Pro's I've already pre-ordered as soon as I get them, so I'll be able to get even more out of the bandwidth. Obviously, my storage server has tiered storage with three tiers, the first being 4TB of purely NVMe (data remains here for 7 days, then is automatically passed down to the next tier), the second tier is 8TB of SATAIII SSD storage in RAID 50, then the third and final tier is 120TB of RAID 50 storage on 3.5" 7200 10TB HElium filled SATAIII drives. Is it overkill? Of Course, but I came into some money and really, really wanted to create something that would make any enthusiast drool...I guess that's why I kept rambling on about my network, because I'm very proud of it, haha

You forgot to mention your 2Mbit internet cable.