• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Does anyone have problem with Dolby Digital lost signal? That happens a lot to me when gaming. When the game changes map there is no audio signal, then I enter the game my receiver still shows no signal. Sometime my receiver will freeze and shuts off. It doesn't happen with dts. My receiver is Logitech Z5500 which supports both DDL and DTS. My motherboard supports Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec. I just replaced my optical cable recently.
Have this issue as well, must turn off and on or hit input button to sort it out, guess its logitech amlplifier problem

Have this issue as well, must turn off and on or hit input button to sort it out, guess its logitech amlplifier problem

Every time lose of signal, my receiver will freeze then shuts down after 10 second. I couldn't change input or turn it off. Once I start it back up, it will work. I had a Asus Xonar DX sound card before which supports DDL and I didn't have that problem. My new systems is mini-itx build and it only has 1 x16 slot for gpu, that's why I'm trying to get onboard to work with DDL. Right now I'm trying something new, modded realtek driver with Creative Sound Blaster x-fi MB5. It seems to be louder and sound better.

System Name JeevanKP-PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple Core Processor 2.3GHZ
Motherboard MSI V-Class MS-7309
Cooling AMD
Memory 8 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nforce 430 1GB and MSI GT 710 2GB
Storage 320GB Seagate For (OS and Personal Files) 1TB Sandisk For (Gaming and Movies Etc.)
Display(s) Vu 4K 32 inch
Case Frontech Pace
Audio Device(s) Creative 5.1 Speakers and Realtek Onboard Card
Power Supply Frontech Eletcra 750
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 7 x64 For gaming and Windows 10 For Personal use
Thanks works great!

I wrote a installation guide to help some people.
This will work on Vista/Win7/Win8 x86/x64
1. Download Realtek Drivers. (R271)
2. Download/Install WinRar or 7Zip
3. Download Modded Driver
4. Extract your Realtek Drivers (the exe file you just downloaded)

5. Extract you Modded Drivers

6. Now open folder "Realtek High Definition Audio - Unlocked Drivers ..."
7. Open the next folder (ex OS Version - M3)
8. x86 users open "RTKAPO.dll folder"
x64 users open "RTKAPO64.dll folder"

9. Now copy that ".dll" file to your Realtek Drivers sub folder Vista64 (x64 OS)

10. Now just run "setup.exe" from the Realtek Drivers

Hope this helps :toast:
is it works on MSI MS- 7309

bogdan1101

Does anyone have problem with Dolby Digital lost signal? That happens a lot to me when gaming. When the game changes map there is no audio signal, then I enter the game my receiver still shows no signal. Sometime my receiver will freeze and shuts off. It doesn't happen with dts. My receiver is Logitech Z5500 which supports both DDL and DTS. My motherboard supports Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec. I just replaced my optical cable recently.

Same problem. :( Any solution?

Same problem. :( Any solution?

I don't think that is a driver problem, because right now I'm using Dolby PCEE driver with Home Theater v4 instead of the modded Realtek driver. I still having the same problem. I uninstalled Realtek completely before I installed the PCEE driver. I've also set the sample rate to 48.0 khz only. It seems to happen less with PCEE driver, but the problem still exists. Maybe DD is not native supported by the audio chip or the applications' audio don't work well with DD. The Dolby Home Theater provides better sound and options for audio setting than the Realtek. I'm sticking with this.

behelito

hi guys ! searching in the web i find this post, and thank god im not alone with this crap realtek thing, well i tried all the methods post here, but my problem is i can activate the analog jacks, please guys someone have a idea about this issue ?? tyvm !

Attachments

• realtek.png
    realtek.png
    523.2 KB · Views: 1,444

Grendel0501

Is there anyway to get the audio sent through the HDMI on my motherboard to be controlled by realtek? Mine seems to be controlled by generic windows drivers, or NVidia drivers if ran through the GPU HDMI.

I'm trying to switch from computer speakers to a home theatre receiver and I'm having nothing but issues.
In audio device properties the speaker config is set to 5.1 and I can send a 24bit 192khz signal using either the HDMI from the GPU or MOBO, but the signal doesn't seem properly encoded. Sound is at a lower level than other sources on the same receiver, options like Dolby Pro Logic are only available sometimes and othertimes blocked, with stereo or PCM only available. Dolby Pro logic seems to interfer with the surround with direct settings sounding much better.

I tried wiring through the SDPIF on the mobo but only got a stereo signal from that type of connection.

I know the answer is somewhere in this thread, I just get a headache trying to read it all.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the signal going to my receiver sounding better/louder?
I'm using a Gigabyte mobo z68 with Realtek ALC889 sound.

DDLFLIR

Is the .dll (R2.75 - A1) also working for the actual R2.80 Realtek codec (R2.79 is no longer available)? Thank you!

Does anyone know if there are Realtek driver with DAX2 mod out there? I think that's the latest Dolby Audio software, newer than DDL and Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater.

MrEcho

I'm running R2.80 Drivers with the 275 modified DLL
Can't find no Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interactive options on my Realtek Audio Manager (see 1st pic)
but i can find them under sound options (2nd pic)

does that mean its working and i should just set it under sound options?

Using patcher from page 47 and it is not working with 2.80 . Getting " format not supported by this device" after trying to change 2ch to dolby/dts .

edit

Patching doesn't work with with 7945 driver either, maybe they broke it again, build 14986 from fast ring.

Last edited:
Using patcher from page 47 and it is not working with 2.80 . Getting " format not supported by this device" after trying to change 2ch to dolby/dts .

edit

Patching doesn't work with with 7945 driver either, maybe they broke it again, build 14986 from fast ring.

signed up today so I could come comment on this. ive been using the patch for a while now and yes, MS broke something in 14986. I was using he 7940 driver and everything was fine. then after the update its broken. ive tried 5-6 different driver versions with the patch, manually copying files and even tried the reg edit but nothing seems to get it working again. I guess we will have to wait for a new patcher. DTS/Dolby does still work with video files but for everything else I'm using my amps tricky NEO6 thingy for "5.1".

NGeo

Is there any confirmed way to fix that problem with the Realtek dts-dolby digital in windows 10?

I also just signed up to this forum just for this issue... I have an Asus z170i with alc1150. I cannot get a 5.1 sound no matter what. And the weid thing is that when I test the dts and dolby digital in playback devices, it plays fine on all 6 channels. I am using optical output to a Teufel concept E 450 5.1 system.

This post is getting too long. Can any1 here who has experience with it, make a new thread exclusively for Windows 10?

Last edited:
signed up today so I could come comment on this. ive been using the patch for a while now and yes, MS broke something in 14986. I was using he 7940 driver and everything was fine. then after the update its broken. ive tried 5-6 different driver versions with the patch, manually copying files and even tried the reg edit but nothing seems to get it working again. I guess we will have to wait for a new patcher. DTS/Dolby does still work with video files but for everything else I'm using my amps tricky NEO6 thingy for "5.1".

Yeah similar situation here. And stupid me happily deleted old build before checking drivers knowing well that it is this time (2-3months) before landing next version when MS always broke our little trick.

Is there any confirmed way to fix that problem with the Realtek dts-dolby digital in windows 10?

I also just signed up to this forum just for this issue... I have an Asus z170i with alc1150. I cannot get a 5.1 sound no matter what. And the weid thing is that when I test the dts and dolby digital in playback devices, it plays fine on all 6 channels. I am using optical output to a Teufel concept E 450 5.1 system.

This post is getting too long. Can any1 here who has experience with it, make a new thread exclusively for Windows 10?

It should work in windows 10 ( only not on latest insider build ). I'm running this on 10 since last summer without problem, but with older realtek here. Maybe your alc1150 hardware implementation is blocking this somehow.

NGeo

It should work in windows 10 ( only not on latest insider build ). I'm running this on 10 since last summer without problem, but with older realtek here. Maybe your alc1150 hardware implementation is blocking this somehow.

Any chance you could help me here? What version and what method did you follow to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Any chance you could help me here? What version and what method did you follow to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Realtek 2.75 and 2.79 worked for sure on windows 10. Check if you don't have optical out disabled in bios.

1 uninstall your current realtek audio driver ( and mabe clean registry with CClener to be sure)
2 Download 2.79, zip version not .exe( not sure about 2.80) there is link to drivers archive somewhere in last pages.
3 unzip ( or unrar;) ) it
4 download patcher from page 47 an paste it to unziped folder
5 open patcher as admin and patch every file named "rltkapo" and "rtkapo" in folders vista and vista64 (4 such files in two folders)
6 Run setup in uziped folder and install driver normaly, when it will ask if you really want to instal cuz its dangerous , click yes. don't reboot when it finish installing.
7 Open Regedit , find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.
8 reboot computer then you open playback devices not realtek driver( becuse it is partialy broken now and changing formats for example will crash it)-> choose realtek digital output-> properties-> in supported formats choose 44 and 48 and in advanced-> choose dolby or dts from drop down.

Worked like a charm for me on windows 10.

Flying Kiwi

I don't think that is a driver problem, because right now I'm using Dolby PCEE driver with Home Theater v4 instead of the modded Realtek driver.

Many thanks for that 'heads up' Silver_WRX02. I've found a file titled Dolby.RAR and installed this according to instructions on my Win 7 x64 HTPC and it seems to be working fine with both of my games (Doom and Microsoft Flight Sim X) as well as Windows Media Center. In fact, other than the drivers not being signed, I've not found any problems. This is on an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard which uses the Realtek ALC1150 chipset and I'm using the optical SPDIF feed to my TurtleBeach headphones receiver. The whole PC was updated in Jun 2016.

NGeo

Thanks for your reply.
I cant find the R2.79 link.
Btw, does Fast boot really matters? Should I disable it?

Many thanks for that 'heads up' Silver_WRX02. I've found a file titled Dolby.RAR and installed this according to instructions on my Win 7 x64 HTPC and it seems to be working fine with both of my games (Doom and Microsoft Flight Sim X) as well as Windows Media Center. In fact, other than the drivers not being signed, I've not found any problems. This is on an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard which uses the Realtek ALC1150 chipset and I'm using the optical SPDIF feed to my TurtleBeach headphones receiver. The whole PC was updated in Jun 2016.
What exactly did you do? Will it work for windows 10?
This post is getting annoyingly big. We should create a new one for windows 10 only and with the latest driver...

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying Kiwi

What exactly did you do? Will it work for windows 10?
This post is getting annoyingly big. We should create a new one for windows 10 only and with the latest driver...
I did EXACTLY as I posted (and no I don't recall where I found the Dolby.RAR file but it didn't take long using Google). As mentioned I have Windows 7 x64 SP1 (Home Premium) so I haven't tested this with Win 10 (I don't know if Silver_WRX02 has). The drivers are quite old though compared to the latest versions of Win 10 so I'd have my reservations with other than Win 7/8 or 8.1 (what the archives Readme.txt lists it as being suitable for).

FWIW I see that on your model of receiver, there is a built in USB 5.1 soundcard (ie the receiver and speaker set can be connected via USB to the PC) so why aren't you using this feature NGeo? If you install the drivers PROVIDED BY YOUR RECEIVER MANUFACTURER as per their instructions, this is stated to be Windows 10 compatible - I don't see why you're attempting to connect via your PC's optical output instead? Yes the thread is long and there doesn't seem to be any progress with modding the newest and latest drivers which is why I'm so grateful for Silver_WRX02's post alerting me to this virtually 'ready made' solution (at least for the older OS's I've listed). Here's my screen shot:
Dolby Home Theatre 4.jpg

NGeo

FWIW I see that on your model of receiver, there is a built in USB 5.1 soundcard (ie the receiver and speaker set can be connected via USB to the PC) so why aren't you using this feature NGeo?
Well guess what. Windows 10 was throwing stereo sound and even in the usb embedded card of the system i was getting stereo sound upmix. No way to get 5.1. I dont know if its driver issue or just windows 10. Hence my posts here in case the optical cable works somehow...

Flying Kiwi

Well guess what. Windows 10 was throwing stereo sound and even in the usb embedded card of the system i was getting stereo sound upmix. No way to get 5.1. I dont know if its driver issue or just windows 10. Hence my posts here in case the optical cable works somehow...
I'd definitely get in touch with the receiver company support phone line/email as well as reading the manual first to make sure no... ahem... operator error... has crept into the equation ;) That LED screen on the main speaker box looks like it has a fair few configuration options.

It looks to be a nice piece of kit so it'd be a shame to not take advantage of all its features (rather than having to muck around changing drivers etc.). It'd probably also be worth disabling 'on-board sound' in your motherboards BIOS/UEFI Setup screens in order to avoid having resources wasted by the on-board sound if you're going to be using the receivers USB sound. Your motherboard manual should cover how to do this but if you are still stuck, get back here with your motherboard make and model and I'll see if I can be some help.

Sorry I can't help getting Windows 10 working correctly for you as far as Dolby Digital Live support is concerned but Windows 10 only lasted a few minutes on my HTPC (just long enough to activate it while the upgrade was free) - I just can't stand not having Windows Media Center to go with my TV Tuner Card/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Drive. Microsoft have really dropped the ball in terms of making the latest version of Windows better for home theatre PC users.

Does anyone know if there are Realtek driver with DAX2 mod out there? I think that's the latest Dolby Audio software, newer than DDL and Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater.
try this link for DAX2 SBC3 XFIMB5 latest mod driver
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/articlelist_5509863982_0_1.html

for dolby home theater try this link
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392085
i try already try w10 64 and w10 32 working fine . no need to uninstall any audio driver just install dolby driver then dloby HT with disable driver signature for dolby HT you need dotnetfx3.5. but problem on dell pc with maxxaudio sound coming from only external or internal speaker not from headphone , for headphone you have to select manually from playback device .
sorry my bad english

for dolby home theater try this link
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392085
i try already try w10 64 and w10 32 working fine . no need to uninstall any audio driver just install dolby driver then dloby HT with disable driver signature for dolby HT you need dotnetfx3.5. but problem on dell pc with maxxaudio sound coming from only external or internal speaker not from headphone , for headphone you have to select manually from playback device .
sorry my bad english

Yea, I got my driver from that site. I know the driver is kinda old, but it works well with Windows 10 64bit. I've tried newer Dolby Drivers " Dolby Digital Plus and DAX2 aka Dolby Audio" They both doesn't have Dolby Digital as the Default Format. They only have 2 channel 16bit, 2 channel 24bit. THe Dolby Digital Plus driver only support Stereo analog, no 5.1 or 7.1. DAX2 only support analog, if u change to digital out, the software will be disable. I don't know if the mod is not complete or how they were design. If anyone interest on newer drivers, you can watch this guy's video. He provided links on description

Have fun.

rxracer

I'll try and clear the issue regarding Dolby Digital Live/DTS not playing in Windows 10 a little. As best I can. Basically it was broken for a long time, until either the first or second stable Windows 10 build. 10240, or 10568. Can't remember. I think there was an insider build here and there that worked with the 'workaround', but it was pretty much broken. Once the stable builds came out you still had to use the workaround, as I do to this day. Unless you happen to have got lucky with your M/B. I had ZERO problems with any version of windows 10 with my previous 1st gen Core i7 Gigabyte M/B (ALC889). Dolby Digital and DTS even showed up in the Realtek Manager. Then I fried my M/B and ended up with an 1150 board like many of you. Then came problems. Having said that, it's been pretty good for a long time (so long as you inject RltkAPO64.dll from the 2.75 drivers as instructed elsewhere here. AFAIK the A1 method no longer works (patcher). This is all regarding DDL and DTS btw. I have no knowledge of Dolby home theater. It's Pro Logic stuff my receiver can do and is a manipulation of an analog signal. I guess you headphone guys use it a lot. The big issue with windows 10 was DDL/DTS. Until today it was still all good until I went to the latest Build 14986. 'Format not supported by the device'. Haven't seen that for many months. I re-installed realtek, no good. Gonna roll back now. Fingers crossed.

Hope that informed some of you.

I can confirm that Windows 10 Insider Build 14986 broke DDL/DTS. I just rolled back and everything is fine again. I'm still using R2.79 with the modified 2.75 RltkAPO64.dll file. Simply unpack R2.79, and copy the dll into the Vista64 folder, replacing the R2.79 dll. No need to mod the registry for unsigned drivers if you're on Windows 10. At least the Insider builds anyway. Windows allows you to install it after a warning. I haven't tried doing the same with the new R2.80 driver. There wont be anything special in there that I can think of, and if it aint broke....

Edit : Dolby Home Theater is also available, but only for my digital outputs. Not sure if that's how it's meant to be. In hindsight, I remember always seeing it there.

Same. The Z5500 doesn't seem to like silence with DDL. If I forget to switch back to 2 channel PCM when listening to music it will shut off during the silence between songs. Sometimes it will go for a few hours without turning off, but that's rare. Not sure if there's a fix. Try this thread - http://www.overclock.net/t/568999/a...acklight-of-logitech-z-5500-d-control-pod/120. It's mostly about the hardware, but the many of them know exactly how the Z5500 works.

Dolby and DTS, use some 'magic' to send 5.1 channels over the same cable, and then your receiver decodes the 'magic' and sends the sound to your 5.1 speakers, which are connected to the receiver.

Your receiver would be one of these: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dolby+receiver

If you have a surround-sound 5.1 channel speaker system that can plug directly into the 6 sockets on your motherboard, you do not need dolby. You already have surround sound :)

Analog surround over 3 shared inputs. Center/Bass, FL/FR, RL/RR. Not true surround, but pretty decent quality. The latest Dolby/DTS iterations offer 8 high quality discrete lossless digital channels. If you want the best sound quality you do need Dolby/DTS. Or PCM over HDMI. Not gonna get in to that debate though.

S/PDIF can only carry 2 channels. So the 'magic' in DDL/DTS decoding isn't in making the sound any better, that's been done during production. It's in the encoding and decoding. 5 channels need to be compressed and organized in to 2, then transported to the decoder (receiver) to have the process reversed and each channel output to the correct speaker.

I thought it was also worth noting that all this trouble with DDL/DTS playback is about licensing, not hardware or software shortcomings/limitations. Just about every Realtek chip I know of in the last 10+ years is capable of encoding DDL/DTS signals just fine, but few motherboard manufacturers want to pay the exorbitant cost Dolby in particular impose. So ironically, my 7 year old Gen 1 core i7 M/B had it enabled, but not the latest Z170. Reason, my old M/B was top of the line back then. Gigabyte obviously forked out. My current board is mid range, so no official DDL/DTS encoding.

Flying Kiwi

I thought it was also worth noting that all this trouble with DDL/DTS playback is about licensing, not hardware or software shortcomings/limitations. Just about every Realtek chip I know of in the last 10+ years is capable of encoding DDL/DTS signals just fine, but few motherboard manufacturers want to pay the exorbitant cost Dolby in particular impose. So ironically, my 7 year old Gen 1 core i7 M/B had it enabled, but not the latest Z170. Reason, my old M/B was top of the line back then. Gigabyte obviously forked out. My current board is mid range, so no official DDL/DTS encoding.
I think even higher end boards with Realtek ALC1150 chips don't come with DDL, even though the chip is more than capable of dealing with it and Realtek list it as an option for OEMs (but strangely not for end users as an upgrade). I'm in the same situation as you rxracer in that my last motherboard which was Intel branded (but far from 'high end'), came with DDL drivers but my new Z170 based board does not (even though both have SPDIF Optical outputs).

What's really required (and what would solve this issue once and for all) is if DDL equipped drivers and software were made available as an optional upgrade by either the motherboard manufacturers, Microsoft or Dolby/DTS. Motherboard manufacturers already provide hardware upgrades such as daughterboards and cables etc. available at extra cost so I can see no reason why this isn't possible. If they are worried about piracy then making the purchased drivers/software locked to a given board serial no should solve that matter. I very much doubt the cost of licencing such technology into the drivers is 'exorbitant' and irrespective of the actual cost, that doesn't let the OEMs off the hook as far as why they don't offer such drivers as an extra cost upgrade (where all stand to benefit financially and it means then end users can get what they want 'the proper way')! The current situation puts a bad name on all involved so the sooner they haggle out a deal which addresses the matter, the sooner their reputations can get back on track. Putting their heads in the sand and pretending the issue will go away, is not an option.