• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bought used - Water Chiller - but might been used for Fish!

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
How did you get on with that stuff you asked for in PM last week? Never heard back from you....?

Sorry for the late reply but i have been busy.

As i have said before i want to wait until end of January before i decide if do the same thing you did with your Card or not, today i was talking with a friend of mine that works at the pc shop where i buy my hardwares about that idea and he told me just one thing:
( do not forget how much you paid for that Card ) and honestly i don't care that much about Hardwares but this time he made me reflect about it and because i am thinking if add a second card to my Machine ( SLI ) for that reason i want like to wait before i take a final decision.

Now that your Card is Watercooled what is your current OC?

When my water is cold I can get 2202mhz. Stable. (very cool ambient temps)

When my chiller arrives (once I've figured out how I'm going to safely flush it etc) I aim to push a bit higher.

I asked you, because you PM'd me asking for advice regarding fitting the block to your card; and I spent time replying and referencing some material for you (to make it easier on you than it was for me) but I never received a PM back from you (at all).

Anyway mostly this is all for fun of course. Real world gains are minimal. (Always have been).

System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
Last edited:

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
i used the same chiller for 2 years like a water cooling rig with temp at 20°.
i used a
http://www.aquatuning.de/wasserkuehlung/pumpen/laing-ddc/ddc-pumpen/5079/laing-ddc-pumpe-12v-ddc-1t
or a cheap
http://www.aquatuning.de/wasserkueh...2/17712/phobya-dc12-400-pwm-12volt-pump?c=346
it took long to fill it but it worked
and for short bench sessions you dont need insulation.
yes you can mod it to go subzero

Would be a waste of cooler if he will use it to keep temperatures at 20c

System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
this is a few years back when i was benching more so i swapped out the system nearly every day.
but for gaming yes i used it at 20°+ for not starting the chiller every minute.
dont forget its like having a 2nd fridge

today i am not really able to get my english straight

the Courier picks up my Chiller from London tomorrow to deliver to me (In Scotland).

Just hope aquatuning.co.uk don't take forever to deliver all my new fittings and tubing (its a U.K website with .co.uk suffix) but everything is shipped from Germany.

The U.K is **** for computer enthusiasts, most my friends here are only into football and XBOX (or playstation 4)

You have to order everything online in the U.K.

Our biggest PC retailer is a company called "PC-WORLD" and you can't even go in and buy thermal paste. lol

Its all just laptops and OEM systems, maybe a wireless router or a few HDMI cable... but definitely no speciality / enthusiast stuff whatsoever.

Anyway here is how I've decided to flush my new Chiller: (parts all ordered)

flushing_chiller.jpg

I've got a big order coming for distilled water (25 litres lol).

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
dont forget its like having a 2nd fridge

This, so much waste it's hilarious because really you cannot dwell on it lol.

the Courier picks up my Chiller from London tomorrow to deliver to me (In Scotland).

Just hope aquatuning.co.uk don't take forever to deliver all my new fittings and tubing (its a U.K website with .co.uk suffix) but everything is shipped from Germany.

The U.K is **** for computer enthusiasts, most my friends here are only into football and XBOX (or playstation 4)

You have to order everything online in the U.K.

Our biggest PC retailer is a company called "PC-WORLD" and they are so pathetic you can't even go in and buy thermal paste. lol

Its all just laptops and OEM systems, maybe a wireless router or a few HDMI cable... but definitely no speciality / enthusiast stuff whatsoever.

Anyway here is how I've decided to flush my new Chiller: (parts all ordered)

View attachment 82203

I've got a big order coming for distilled water (25 litres lol).

If it makes you feel any better, it's not much different in Canada. I have to order pretty much everything online. The closest dedicated computershop is 30 minutes away (An hour for the whole trip) and they don't have that much to begin with.

And most guys around me are into either Hockey / baseball or popping pills for good time...

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
PC World is way better than it used to be. But we're not hard done by for tech. Buying from EU suppliers isn't that hard and given most shit is made in Taiwan or China, it's no biggie.

Tech enthusiasts are a very small niche. You cannot expect brick and mortar stores to cater for us.

We have it quite good here tbh bud. Just check the forums for how hard folk elsewhere on the planet have it.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
Use anti Freeze, get the pure kind not delluted 50/50%. Also buy Erasier clay from E bay, got like three sets. Unless you cook it, its re-usable. Then around clusters of caps I use celefhane tape to cover the caps(erasier will find all small nocks)the tape hides the nocks makes it easier to clean up when done.

PC World is way better than it used to be. But we're not hard done by for tech. Buying from EU suppliers isn't that hard and given most shit is made in Taiwan or China, it's no biggie.

Tech enthusiasts are a very small niche. You cannot expect brick and mortar stores to cater for us.

We have it quite good here tbh bud. Just check the forums for how hard folk elsewhere on the planet have it.

I just ordered from ########## (the only company that would ship to the U.K in a reasonable timeframe that stocks the parts I need).

Ordered last Friday evening.

I telephoned them this morning (at 9am) and got told that the order would ship later this week (and she quite calmly said this as though it is an everyday-occurrence). She had already looked at my account and seen I'd picked the premium "processes immediately" option.

I ordered last Friday evening and selected "UPS PRIME" which is advertised on their website as "processes immediately".

Its now Monday and my order has still not shipped and may, not get here until after Christmas. About a week late.

I went into PC world while I was doing some Christmas shopping today hoping to grab 1mm thermal pads so I wouldn't need to order online and wait for shipping. No surprise they never had them.

Last time I was in PC world I only wanted some thermal paste (I wasn't even insisting on the good stuff -- anything would of done). No luck lol.

The company has a tech department that fixes computers (the tech guys) its called or something.

They could of given me a bit of left-over paste to help me get my PC back up and running to save me waiting all week for something to arrive from an online company. They weren't even prepared to do that (said they're not allowed).

What annoys me about it, is the name of the company. "PC world" suggests a world of anything "PC" you could ever want... lol

Argh sorry it just frustrates the hell out of me.

Going into a shop that calls its self "PC WORLD" and not being able to get thermal paste is like going into a supermarket and not being able to buy bread, or milk.

Edit: edited out the company name, don't think its fair to judge yet my order could still get here before Christmas. (if it doesn't I'll edit it back in, lol).

Last edited:
System Name Cannon
Processor Intel Core i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus Z690-P D4
Cooling Corsair H100i PRO XT w/ Corsair ML120 White LED x2
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual 8GB
Storage 1TB 980 Pro w/Heatsink + 500GB 970 Evo Plus NVMe + 2TB MX500 + 500GB 850 Evo
Display(s) 34” Dell S3422DWG 3440x1440 144hz Curved + 27" Dell U2713H IPS 1440p + Dell P2219H IPS 1080p
Case Corsair 4000X RGB - 3xSP120 ELITE RGB (Front Intake) + 1xML120 White LED (Rear Exhaust)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE + Logitech z623 2.1
Power Supply Corsair RM850x SHIFT
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 || Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores None. Primary uses are browsing, music, gaming (mostly Battlefield & Doom) and virtualization!
I feel your PC World frustration Nicholas! Down where I am (Kent), I had 3 PC World's near me, and only one of them actually sold anything more than the odd low-end gfx card and hard drive, and that one was closed down! The other 2 are always disappointing! Lucky to find a SATA cable. Like you say, loads of OEM prebuilts etc, but I remember even 10 years ago, they used to sell CPUs, coolers, high end cards and motherboards etc in store. I know their website still has some (web-exclusives) but their retail stores are severely lacking...

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
The company has a tech department that fixes computers (the tech guys) its called or something.
They fix Computers by outsourcing Contract ( The Tech Guys just package it up to the outside contractor to fix )

wow OMG its arrived (look at the f####ng size of it)

bigger than I thought lol :)

hope I don't regret this

25 L of distilled water on the 3rd picture haha :)

unpackaged_1.jpg
unpackaged_2.jpg
unpackaged_3.jpg
unpackaged_4.jpg
unpackaged_5.jpg

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Pc world isn't for enthusiasts, never has been and never will be, it's always been the same, if you are not tech minded then you can go and get a new pre-built or a laptop, they even have hdd's, odd's, the odd graphics card etc but just cause you have more knowledge than their average consumer doesn't mean they're going to change their business model to suit you, they make their money from average Joe, if they had the latest cpu's, gpu's, cooling gear etc it would sit on the shelf.... There's always scan, ccl, ebuyer etc you can visit if you're close by to one and can't wait for 2 days shipping :toast:

Anyway glad your package arrived, have fun playing with your new toy! Be sure to let us know how it goes ;)

Pc world isn't for enthusiasts, never has been and never will be, it's always been the same, if you are not tech minded then you can go and get a new pre-built or a laptop, they even have hdd's, odd's, the odd graphics card etc but just cause you have more knowledge than their average consumer doesn't mean they're going to change their business model to suit you, they make their money from average Joe, if they had the latest cpu's, gpu's, cooling gear etc it would sit on the shelf.... There's always scan, ccl, ebuyer etc you can visit if you're close by to one and can't wait for 2 days shipping :toast:

Anyway glad your package arrived, have fun playing with your new toy! Be sure to let us know how it goes ;)

You're probably right; I was probably annoyed because the only way to get the adaptor to make my chiller compatible with standard liquid cooling G1/4 is to order internationally. (Then it got delayed even further).

Then I remembered about the 'paste' incident.

I suppose PC world does have its uses :)

I'm sure the novelty will wear off quite fast; but considering the price I paid its probably been a "once in a life-time" opportunity to play with "said toy". lol.

Last edited: