• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seasonic Updates its PSU Product Lines

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
After taking a long while - a very long while, in fact - to launch its flagship Prime Titanium PSU series, and after leaving its product line seemingly dormant for a while, it looks like Seasonic was actually getting ready to wake the proverbial sleeping giant: according to the company, 2017 will be an important milestone because it will feature the release of several new product lines that will include high performance - and high quality - power supplies.

This process has already begun with the introduction of the PRIME Titanium Series last year, and will be followed by the completion of that premium line with a 1000 W unit, which will become the flagship model. Moreover, many Platinum (named Prime Platinum and Prime Fanless, replacing the company's Platinum line) and Gold Prime units (replacing Seasonic's Gold X Series) will follow, addressing users that cannot afford the premium prices of the Titanium models. When it comes to the middle segment of the market, nowadays populated by their G series of power supplies, Seasonic is launching its new FOCUS series, featuring medium power output ratings and Gold or Platinum efficiency certification levels which will be manufactured in both fully modular and semi-modular flavors. Seasonic's entry-level PSUs, the M12II Evo and the S12II, will later be replaced by the CORE+ and the CORE line of power supplies, respectively.

All new PSU lines will have a refreshed look, but Seasonic won't (wisely) rest on looks alone; the new models will also feature what the company calls "innovative builds, features, and increased performance". Following the full lineup of the PRIME Titanium, Platinum, and Gold Series in chronological order, the first FOCUS Series models will make their appearance on store shelves in Q2 of this year. Seasonic will also introduce the AirTouch, a specialty PSU which allows users to select among five different cooling profiles.

Seasonic's PSU lineup for 2017 will therefore look something like this:

On 80 PLUS Titanium Efficiency levels, we'll see their PRIME TITANIUM power supplies at 1000 W, 850 W, and 750 W, with the 650 W and 550 W power ratings being taken by their PRIME 600 FL and PRIME 500 FL.

On 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency levels, Seasonic will carry, in addition to the above power ratings, a PRIME PLATINUM line with the addition of a 1200 W PRIME PSU as well as a PRIME 400 FL unit; a little lower on the product segment, we'll find the FOCUS+ models, on power ratings of 550 W through 850 W, as well as the company's special edition Snow Silent PSUs, at 1000 W, 750 W and 650 W.

On the 80 PLUS Gold efficiency levels, Seasonic will feature a PRIME GOLD line on the capacities 1200 W through 650 W; their Air Touch PSU at 850 W; their new FOCUS + line at 850 W through 550 W; as well as the company's new FOCUS series, lower in the product stack, covering capacities ranging from 450 W through 750 W, and a single Snow Silent special edition PSU at 550 W.

Moving down to the 80 PLUS Bronze pie of the product stack, Seasonic will feature their new CORE+ and CORE lines of PSUs, with both series ranging from 450 W through 750 W.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
if it ain't broke don't fix it

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Seasonic will also introduce the AirTouch, a specialty PSU which allows users to select among five different cooling profiles.
Although not mentioned above, the AirTouch is Seasonic's nod to the current RGB craze; it changes between 5 colors, depending on fan profile, from white (silent), blue (low), green (mid), yellow (high), and red (turbo). Not sure how useful this will be, since the color you want (to match your system) may not match the fan profile you want to use. Possibly this can be customized in software, the article I read wasn't clear on that point - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/seasonic-prime-and-focus-psus,31902.html

About time. They were falling behind fast.

Last edited:

tcboy

New designs are so fugly.
Old designs were much better.

SeaSonic never falls behind, it just plans its "best in the world" PSU again, witch today is Prime

A top-of-the-line PSU that stands up to the competition sure is a nice move from marketing perspective but I'd welcome the same attitude in all the other price segments, too.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2Ă—BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
SeaSonic never falls behind, it just plans its "best in the world" PSU again, witch today is Prime

considering this X1250 XM2 unit is Golden but Kicks ass.

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running

Bingo!! Too many companies changes things that work great, just for the sake of change, and mess everything up.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww

Superflower is outperforming them across the product line... They needed something new.

Bingo!! Too many companies changes things that work great, just for the sake of change, and mess everything up.

The current line-up wasn't broken but was falling behind fast. At this moment Seasonic doesn't sell much interesting stuff.

The S12II Bronze and M12II Bronze (EVO) designs till 620W are a 7 or 8 year old design which is still using group regulation and isn't meant for a modern PC. For a modern PC you should use a PSU that can take the fast switching loads and a PSU that can take cross loads. This old design from Seasonic performance pretty weak with cross loads. That's why every big PSU company already has 80PLUS Bronze power supplies with DC-DC, only Seasonic falls behind.

If we move up we see the G-series and the non-modular version called S12G series which is already EOL and should be replaced with Focus Gold soon. Also necessary because the current series is again falling behind in therms of performance, quality but also noise. Because this series makes a lot more noise then many other high quality power supplies with similar specs with more then 50% load.

The same goes for the X-series and Platinum series, performance and quality is a bit falling behind and the same goed for the noise output. For a high-end serie it's important to have top notch performance and quality otherwise people will go for another, better, brand.

That's why Seasonic needs to replace the current line-up. Also to get the price down btw, because many power supplies from Seasonic are to expensive.

Seasonic Prime isn't the best you can buy, that's the Corsair AX1500i at this moment.

I'm only interested in the PRIME 600 FL. Been waiting for a titanium rated fanless unit so long now. And 600W makes it the highest fanless PSU to date.

System Name [H]arbringer
Motherboard SM GL
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Audio Device(s) yawn
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=487
Seasonic prime is the best you can buy at 850w.... EVGA G3 is the best you can buy at 1000w, Corsair AX1500i might be the best at 1500w.
Corsair AX1500i is the best retail power supply of all the power supplies available. And you should read more reviews from Aris, because they are from much higher quality then the ones on jonnyGURU. That way you're gonna look more at things that matter and not to thinks that doesn't say much like scoring.

I'm only interested in the PRIME 600 FL. Been waiting for a titanium rated fanless unit so long now. And 600W makes it the highest fanless PSU to date.
Why would any one need a 600W fanless power supply? 600W is something you only need for an extremely overclocked high-end power hungry single GPU graphics gaming system or a high-end gaming PC based on two GTX 1070's or GTX 1080's with an overclocked i7 6700K or i7 7700K or something like that.

That's a PC that's not gonna be inaudible, a passive PSU also means that the heat is gonna go up. In a modern PC that means the heat goes in to your graphics cards and CPU, which only makes them hotter and make more noise. So it doesn't make much sense to me to wan't a 600W fanless power supply.

Last edited:

Qtomb3D

Corsair AX1500i is the best retail power supply of all the power supplies available. And you should read more reviews from Aris, because they are from much higher quality then the ones on jonnyGURU. That way you're gonna look more at things that matter and not to thinks that doesn't say much like scoring.

Why would any one need a 600W fanless power supply? 600W is something you only need for an extremely overclocked high-end power hungry single GPU graphics gaming systemen or a high-end gaming PC based on two GTX 1070's or GTX 1080's with an overclocked i7 6700K or i7 7700K or something like that.

That's a PC that's not gonna be inaudible, a passive PSU also means that the heat is gonna go up. In a modern PC that means the heat goes in to your graphics cards and CPU, which only makes them hotter and make more noise. So it doesn't make much sense to me to wan't a 600W fanless power supply.

I couldn't find reviews from Aris so if you could provide a link that would be much appreciated.

System Name [H]arbringer
Motherboard SM GL
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Audio Device(s) yawn
Software Ubuntu 10.10

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=378
You are right such rubbish reviews, I guess your beloved AX1500i is trash.

I couldn't find reviews from Aris so if you could provide a link that would be much appreciated.
Same... hipster reviews They must be good because no one has heard of them.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
About time. They were falling behind fast.

Lol, What? Do you even know Seasonic? They have the most designs on the top of any PSU best chart and the are contracted for making the best for many other companies. Anyone who thought Seasonic was falling behind hasn't been paying attention.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
God, I'm not sure what's more disturbing, someone trying to claim that Corsair AXi outperforms the Prime (which nearly everyone has recognized as the numero uno PSU right now), or that people here think Seasonic didn't need to refresh their product line when Superflower was walking all over them.

So much misinformation... we didn't even recognize TPU's own review guy. You all should be ashamed.

God, I'm not sure what's more disturbing, someone trying to claim that Corsair AXi outperforms the Prime (which nearly everyone has recognized as the numero uno PSU right now)
Really? There are people that think that Seasonic has a better PSU as the Corsair AX1500i? Don't those people read reviews? Or do they just don't understand the results? If someone really believes that Seasonic Prime is better, maybe they should ask the question on jonnyGURU forum, that's probably the best place for such a question.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Really? There are people that think that Seasonic has a better PSU as the Corsair AX1500i? Don't those people read reviews? Or do they just don't understand the results? If someone really believes that Seasonic Prime is better, maybe they should ask the question on jonnyGURU forum, that's probably the best place for such a question.

I was referring to the AXi platform in general, which uses some shitty (by premium standards) caps in everything but the 1500AXi and only the 1500 is Titanium cert'd IIRC. The 1500AXi is in a dead heat with the Prime in electrical performance from the reviews I have seen, but has a wattage most don't need/can't use, making the Prime a better choice overall.

Of course, I may have to brush up on my reviews if something changed. It really comes down to what wattage you need at that point, and most need less than 1000W making Seasonic the victor there.

I was referring to the AXi platform in general, which uses some shitty (by premium standards) caps in everything
Well that's not true, only quality caps that should last really long in all the AXi power supplies. It would be quite stupid to use bad caps in a PSU with 10 years warranty because otherwise you will get a return rate which will come close to the 100%. No company can take that.
but the 1500AXi and only the 1500 is Titanium cert'd IIRC.
Yes at this moment indeed. That's why I was talking about the AX1500i.

The 1500AXi is in a dead heat with the Prime in electrical performance from the reviews I have seen
They came close, but not close enough. Also the AX1500i is a much more advanced platform with digital signal processors, while the Seasonic Prime Titanium is still just a fully analog power supply.
but has a wattage most don't need/can't use, making the Prime a better choice overall.
True but the same goes for the Seasonic Prime Titanium, which starts with 650W, still overkill for most people. Not many people have more then one high-end graphics card.
Of course, I may have to brush up on my reviews if something changed. It really comes down to what wattage you need at that point, and most need less than 1000W making Seasonic the victor there.
Most don't need more then 450W because that is already enough for building a high-end single GPU gaming machine.