• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOSTAR RACING Series Motherboard Lineup for AMD RYZEN Announced

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BIOSTAR is proud to announce the newest entry in its RACING Series family of high-performance motherboard with its debut entry for AMD with the BIOSTAR RACING X370 and B350 motherboard line up. Featuring the latest 2nd-generation RACING Series technology, the race to the future has just become more intense with support for the new AMD RYZEN processors.

True to the legacy of the BIOSTAR RACING series, the new motherboards for the Super 5 concept as well as the BIOSTAR's revolutionary VIVID LED Armor and 5050 LED Fun Zone. In conjunction with this are BIOSTAR's new improvement to component stability and performance with its new feature of Digital Power+ for overclocking and M.2 Cooling Protection. Also debuting with this model is the FLY.NET network performance software that works in tandem with the new DRAGON gaming LAN solution designed for gamers that want absolute network performance without lag when every second counts.

RACING X370GT7
The flagship AM4 motherboard for the AMD RACING Series lineup supporting AMD RYZEN processors, the BIOSTAR RACING X370GT7 features all the best technologies from the RACING Series. Featuring support for AMD Socket AM4 processors and up to the latest DDR4 memory, the X370GT7 is the next-level of AMD platform performance. Exclusive to the BIOSTAR RACING series boards, the X370GT7 features M.2 Cooling Protection for optimal performance of SSDs in the most intense situations.

The BIOSTAR RACING X370GT7 motherboard will be offered with a special bundle and will come with a BIOSTAR M200 M.2 240GB solid-state drive.

RACING X370GT5 / RACING B350GT5
Joining the family of RACING Series boards is the RACING X370GT5 / RACING B350GT5 featuring the stylish VIVID LED Armor as well as the 5050 LED Fun Zone allowing gamers and enthusiasts to fully customize and tailor their rigs for their personal style.

RACING X370GT3 / RACING B350GT3
Enjoy premium RACING series entertainment with BIOSTAR RACING X370GT3 / RACING B350GT3 featuring PURO HI-FI technology as well as VIVID LED DJ for your custom lighting. All BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboards feature FLY.Net network optimization software for advanced network management together with BullGuard antivirus for your system protection.

BIOSTAR RACING 2nd-Gen Series Features
The full-wave of features from the 2nd-gen BIOSTAR motherboards echo throughout the series with M.2 Cooling Protection for optimal operating conditions for M.2 storage, Lightning Charger for fast charging of your mobile devices so you can get more of your PC instead of tying up the wall outlet. Another feature designed for overclockers is Digital Power+ for stable power delivery and endurance. For added style, all the new motherboards feature VIVID LED DJ support and 5050 LED Fun Zone with dual header for full customization freedom.

Break limits and enjoy uninhibited speed with BIOSTAR performance features that offer speed that gamers need to dominate their games. These new features will bring a new level of experience for gamers and enthusiasts.

New Features to Enhance Gaming Performance
Break limits and enjoy uninhibited speed with BIOSTAR performance features that offer speed that gamers need to dominate their games. These new features will bring a new level of experience for gamers and enthusiasts.

• M.2 Cooling Protection: BIOSTAR RACING 2nd-generation motherboards will be the first to have an M.2 heatsink that features ultra-high cooling efficiency to protect M.2 devices connected to the onboard M.2 slot and chipset from thermal issues thus expanding M.2 device lifespan for long-term usage and overall stable operation even under high system load.
  • Digital Power+: Perfect for overclockers, Digital Power+ uses IR's digital power controller to bring your PC and processor exceptionally high-performance and ultra-stable operation. BIOSTAR RACING motherboards offer excellent stability and voltage delivery with exceptionally cool operating temperatures maintaining great reliability under load than competing designs.
  • Lightning Charger: The new 2nd-generation BIOSTAR RACING motherboards will be the first to have the new Lightning Charger which helps the battery of enabled devices, including smartphones or tablets, to achieve up to 75% charge in just 30 minutes. It supports QC2.0 (12V/1.5A output), Apple Mode (5V /2.4A) and BC1.2.
Advanced Gaming Network Optimization
  • FLY.NET: AMD AM4 RACING motherboards come with the new networking solution for gaming: the DRAGON LAN together with FLY.NET bandwidth management software which automatically detects the best settings for your bandwidth, maximizing priority to those that need it the most meaning games will receive a smoother experience with improved lower latencies and an ultra-stable network connection when running multitple software that utilize the network.
VIVID LED Armor
The new VIVID LED Armor enhances the Armor protection for the I/O interfaces and electronic audio components without static electricity. It comes integrated with onboard LED lighting for DIY fun. This feature also enhance performance as it keeps the system stable and protected from dust build-up and static interference.

5050 LED Fun Zone
The brand-new 5050 LED Fun Zone comes with two 5050 LED headers to bring more colorful lighting options to DIY lovers. This improves upon the original feature allowing for a much more flexible way of adding lights to your system.

For more information, visit the product pages of the Racing X370GT7, X370GT5, X370GT3, B350GT5, and B350GT3.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
No love for good vrms on b350 ?

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I assume the retail version of the GT7 will have the other half of the CPU cooler mount right.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10

Gargantua

the chipset naming bothers me the most, I mean really X370 and B350? Why not AM4 and AM4+ so we don't get confused with Intel chipset?

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
the chipset naming bothers me the most, I mean really X370 and B350? Why not AM4 and AM4+ so we don't get confused with Intel chipset?

Because that is the name of the socket. This is not unusual except they moved the letter to the front.

This is actually less confusing from AMD's perspective. Since currently we have AM1 AM2, AM3, and AM3+ sockets with chipsets for the FX series being 700, 800, and 900 series with sub-devisions of 990, 970, 990X, 990FX, 760G, etc. Then the other get an entire array of A55 to A88 with E,T,L,M, blah blah blah.

AMD has reduced all of that down to 1 socket for all, three letters for class and (for now) four numbers for series.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Am4 is the CPU socket not the chipset