• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Announces Atom C3000 Line with up to 16-cores and Enterprise Level Features

i dont care that much about TPU's writing, though it should make sure to keep words like 'some people' or 'certain cases' rather than using absolute terms

the users are going downhill though... & this thread is nothing compared to some others

even if 'everyone' is agreeing, they start mobbing on things like call of duty like complete elitist dicks

I mean, Atom CPU's aren't all that bad if you know why they exist and what to use them for (obviously not for huge data crunching and playing Crysis). Had Atom N270, single core, 2 threads little fart back in the day. And it worked quite well for what it was meant in ACER Aspire One netbook. Had Atom Z3750 in tablet and now Atom X5 Z8300 in a netbook hybrid. It's reasonably fast little bugger with 4 cores even at that low clock.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
i dont care that much about TPU's writing

As a news writer, I couldn't disagree more about that, though my bias is evident here.

though it should make sure to keep words like 'some people' or 'certain cases' rather than using absolute terms

Excellent point for future articles. Obviously, not all Atom chips are awful (especially considering their use case) and not all people considered them bad, I was going with the mainstream stereotype but that needs to be indicated. Believe it or not, I'm a big opponent of letting writer bias seep into journalism, and when someone criticizes me for that exact thing, I take that criticism very seriously and listen to them, so thank you all for the feedback here and I will see to it that it is not falling on deaf ears.

We all make mistakes, what's important is that we learn from them, even little ones. :)

the users are going downhill though... & this thread is nothing compared to some others

even if 'everyone' is agreeing, they start mobbing on things like call of duty like complete elitist dicks

Slightly OT, but I will comment that I see this in the internet in general as of late, and actually less here than many places I frequent. But yes, it is an issue.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
i dont care that much about TPU's writing, though it should make sure to keep words like 'some people' or 'certain cases' rather than using absolute terms

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttt. call of dooty... pfffft.

Seriously though... Atoms were responsible for the commercial failure of many devices. I mean does anyone remember the original Dell phablet answer to the ipad? no? what about HP? what about that sale when they were giving them away for $80?

Last edited:
Seriously try to keep up ~ An Intel Atom C2000 bug is killing products from multiple manufacturers
Intel Atom chips have been dying for at least 18 months – only now is truth coming to light

If anything the Atom C2K bug should've had much more press coverage, but then again there are obvious benefits of being Intel :shadedshu:

What does that have to do with what lexluthermeister was saying? He wasn't saying that Atoms were God's gift to man, but that they're not as bad as people make them out to be (so long as you understand their purpose).

What does that have to do with what lexluthermeister was saying? He wasn't saying that Atoms were God's gift to man, but that they're not as bad as people make them out to be (so long as you understand their purpose).
Except they've been even worst, surely such a mishap in enterprise arena is unheard of, though not the first time for Intel but such levels of hush hush implies something gone horribly wrong.
Kramer and Robbins were both tight-lipped about the details of the product failures allegedly caused by Intel's Atom chip-clock slip, saying only that the company's working “proactively” with customers, and doesn't expect it to cause a significant financial fallout.
Cisco shrinks: Revenue, profit and margin all dipped in Q2 2017

...Obviously, not all Atom chips are awful (especially considering their use case) and not all people considered them bad, I was going with the mainstream stereotype but that needs to be indicated
Slightly OT, but I will comment that I see this in the internet in general as of late, and actually less here than many places I frequent. But yes, it is an issue.
so even with mainstream stereotypes, the focus should be on real numbers, such as how modern sites are js heavy & end up demanding a certain amount of single threaded performance... but at the same time, is a raspberry pi worse than the old atoms? do chromebooks & compute sticks use 'celerons' & other 'better than atom' cpus while still having passive or nearly passive cooling? maybe atom was ahead of its time, although i have used a via nano single core server without much trouble, not sure how it compares to atom

slightly OT, but there is a very personal (not idea-based) looking argument happening earlier in this thread out of something as futile as low end cpus

Atoms were responsible for the commercial failure of many devices. I mean does anyone remember the original Dell phablet answer to the ipad? no? what about HP? what about that sale when they were giving them away for $80?
a single chip is rarely responsible for the commercial failure of an entire device especially when it's about android, to put it another way, there are plenty of failures using the right snapdragons & successes using mediatek or rockchip

also i have access to a couple dell x86 tablets, including one that's known for being unusable & running out of ram, but if they just put 2gb instead of 1gb, it would be 'great' for its $200? price (64bit, 1920x1200)

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64

Most of what has been referred to has nothing to do with "TPU's Writing", people seem to get very confused between news articles posted in the news section BUT clearly sourced and linked to other sites (so not our words.... just simply news), and editorials where we write or comment based on facts/opinion/fud/speculation, most complaints funnily seem to be about sourced news which as I said are not our words, news is news, good, bad or ugly by it's nature it is designed to draw conclusion.

Once you start cherry picking news from other sources based on perceived odds of accuracy you in part are adding some bias so it's a no win. Could we be more selective..... quite possibly but in my experience you never keep everyone happy all of the time.

Last edited:
System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
If anything the Atom C2K bug should've had much more press coverage, but then again there are obvious benefits of being Intel :shadedshu:

I totally agree as this is the first time ive ever heard of this, I had no idea there was such a big problem with there C2000 Pocs. If this was a AMD issue it be all over the net.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
i've got a few atom products around the house, and its true the old ones are incredibly bad - but the modern ones are getting better. The 10" tablet i use as my server has a quad core atom, and its got a lot of power for what it is.