• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[SOLVED] "Nothing" works! Cant connect to internet, cant connect usb flash drive, missing drivers...

Norway, which means Amazon is not available...
System Name Winter v3.2024
Processor Intel i7 12700K (since november 2021)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X (since november 2021)
Cooling Air Liquid Freezer II 360 with LGA1700 kit (since november 2021)
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb 3600mhz C16 (since november 2021)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC Pro LHR - Rev3.0 (since july 2022)
Storage 1x 1TB WD Blue SN570 SSD, 1x Seagate 4TB SATA
Display(s) 1x 55" LG C1 4k OLED, 1x Gigabyte 32" M32Q and 2x AOC 27" CG1
Case Fractal Design Define R6 (since 2018 and still working like a charm!)
Power Supply Corsair RM850x black (since august 2022)
Mouse Razor Deathadder v2 (since december 2021)
Keyboard Varmilo VEA109 v2 MX Silent Red (since august 2022)
Software Windows 11 Pro
it's me again, stuck with another silly pc issue. :(

i just did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate on my new pc, but now im having serious issues with it (hence why im using my old pc to write this post) - and i've doing this for all day long and now im STUCK with these issues:

1: i cannot connect to internet because of the red "x" on the network and when i try to troubleshoot, i get "install a driver for your network adapter"..

2: ok, so i try to MANUALLY download the ethernet drivers etc using my old pc, i put them on my flash drive and then try to attach the flash drive to my new pc, but no, it wont find/recognize the flash drive! i tried the front and back usb ports, but none detects my flash drives or my external drives!

3: when i go to device management on my new pc, i find these "errors":
347125352.jpg

a couple of notes:
a) i can connect usb mouse and keyboard to it without any problems. the pc recognizes them.
b) i have tried both a working usb flash drive AND usb external hdd, on both usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports, but none of them gets recognized whatsoever. when i connect them to my old pc, they are available.
c) i have tried to use different ports and cables to connect my new pc to internet, but zero. nothing works. i cannot even type in the adderss to my router because it says "invalid address".
d) when i connect a network cable to my new pc, it lights green, though...

my new pc specs can be located under my specs overview.

HOW can i get my new pc to work PROPERLY since i cannot even connect any usb devices to it?!

Last edited:
System Name ACME Singularity Unit
Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Cooling 4 Snow Yetis huffing and puffing in parallel
Memory Hasty Indian (I/O: 3 smoke signals per minute)
Video Card(s) Bob Ross AI module
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Display(s) Where are my glasses?
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Audio Device(s) On demand tribe singing
Power Supply Spin-o-Wheel-matic
Mouse Hamster original
Keyboard Chisel 1.9a (upgraded for Stone Tablet 2.0 compatibility)
Software It's all hard down here
- Did USBs function O.K. before the installing/format? Assuming you checked that is?

- Is there any BIOS-related setting, anything at all having to do with USBs that you've changed?

- If not, maybe get the USB drivers from your manufacturer's support page and (since you cannot plug any drive in right now) burn them in a CD? See if after installing them your USB problem is solved?

Your ethernet drivers will be easy with that out of the way.

D

Deleted member 24505

Sorry but my advice would be to try windows 10. you are using pretty modern hardware, which I think is more suited to windows 10.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Firstly I just have to clarify that you're not basing lack of Internet on the presence of the red X icon right? Meaning you're actually trying a browser and not just basing it off of the red x because that apeers a lot even when you do have Internet.

Secondly, you install the operating system and I'm assuming the first thing you did was take the motherboard driver disk out and insert it in your CD/DVD drive.....i'm assuming it offers a variety of different drivers as well as bloatwear from some sort of executable based menu ,what you should do is select only your lan driver and let it install.

If you feel like you've already done this.....do it again, then if you still have no luck ,it should be no problem for you to simply reinstall windows again since it's a brand-new install and you've done nothing yet. But this time make sure you reset your bios to default

Software Windows 11 Pro
- Did USBs function O.K. before the installing/format? Assuming you checked that is?

- Is there any BIOS-related setting, anything at all having to do with USBs that you've changed?

- If not, maybe get the USB drivers from your manufacturer's support page and (since you cannot plug any drive in right now) burn them in a CD? See if after installing them your USB problem is solved?

Your ethernet drivers will be easy with that out of the way.

nope, i have not changed anything there. however, i did notice something now... somehow, only my ssd is visible in "boot priority" (and "switch all"-menu), but when i click on boot menu, i see both of my hdd (1 ssd and 1 sata).

and everything usb-related seem to be "enabled"

Sorry but my advice would be to try windows 10. you are using pretty modern hardware, which I think is more suited to windows 10.

yes, i was thinking about this as well; if i have pc that is TOO NEW to even have a windows 7 on it.... :/ such a shame since i really like win7..

should i perhaps try to record anything so you can see the pc stuff, or?

Firstly I just have to clarify that you're not basing lack of Internet on the presence of the red X icon right? Meaning you're actually trying a browser and not just basing it off of the red x because that apeers a lot even when you do have Internet.

Secondly, you install the operating system and I'm assuming the first thing you did was take the motherboard driver disk out and insert it in your CD/DVD drive.....i'm assuming it offers a variety of different drivers as well as bloatwear from some sort of executable based menu ,what you should do is select only your lan driver and let it install.

If you feel like you've already done this.....do it again, then if you still have no luck ,it should be no problem for you to simply reinstall windows again since it's a brand-new install and you've done nothing yet. But this time make sure you reset your bios to default

i dont have the cd/dvd for my motherboard since i got this as a bundle and all built-in on beforehand, unfortunately.

and yes, i did try to locate a website as well as connect to my router, but nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
I built a Core i5 system for my friend's dad a couple or few years ago.... Had everything together and found out that it didn't have network drivers for Vista.... Man was I pissed. So we had to wait another three days for Windows 7 to ship after I had everything up and running. Worst build of my life. I had ordered an 1151 mobo when it needed a 1150, or maybe it was the other way around, I dunno. Damn you Intel! I think it was Gigabyte's fault actually.... It just really pissed me off because Vista was only ONE OS version behind the times. I mean, come on....

Software Windows 11 Pro
I built a Core i5 system for my friend's dad a couple or few years ago.... Had everything together and found out that it didn't have network drivers for Vista.... Man was I pissed. So we had to wait another three days for Windows 7 to ship after I had everything up and running. Worst build of my life. I had ordered an 1151 mobo when it needed a 1150, or maybe it was the other way around, I dunno. Damn you Intel! I think it was Gigabyte's fault actually.... It just really pissed me off because Vista was only ONE OS version behind the times. I mean, come on....

that is tough luck, yes. so now im pretty much stuck, i guess... unless i try to burn the usb drivers for my motherboard.... or if i just install windows 10..

System Name Firebird
Processor Intel i7 2600K @5.0'ish 24/7 stock core Voltage {5.2 w/102 bCLK}
Motherboard Intel Extreme DZ68BC SkullTrail Z68 Cougerpoint, Excellent MCH !
Cooling Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B[skt478] Modded to 1155 Scythe SH12 fan
Memory Samsung 32nm 16Gb 4x4 (@19xxmhz} low profile[ better than 2133 banwidth]
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aurosus 1080Ti
Storage Intel 512 SSD,Samsung 9701Tb, Toshiba 3Tbx2,Hitachi 320,1TBx2,'Cuda 400 7200.10, WD1TBUSB,to SATA
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440 27" WQHD, Samsung 226W, Vizio M60C3 4K 60",Vizio XVT3D554SV
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Intel 10ch[9+1] HD Audio X540> Pioneer VSX39TX[copper chasis,Rosewood sides 5x6LCD remote
Power Supply Seasonic X750 @ 24/7
Mouse Logictech G300s
Keyboard Saitek Cyborg v7
Software Windows 7 ROG E3 X64 by Neuropass/tweakscene
Benchmark Scores 4642@665/1600 220/GAT F1 4544 220/667strap 2.5/3/2/6 Bliss 650/1500 6490 Q6700 Bliss 690/1500
On some win 7 iso's I have the same issue and other modded have some drivers already to go.
No CD to use I take it, is the usb formatted correctly [fat?]?
There are some very nice modded Window 7 out that most have the basic drivers for a complete install.
This ROG version is the best one to date for just install and go
@Solaris17 may have something already slipstreamed ..................

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
The USB flash drive might work eventually if you leave it plugged in for awhile. The problem with W7 is that when you plug something new in for the first time, even a generic USB flash drive, it is going to search online for the drivers. Windows 7 is really stupid in this way. Since you don't have an internet connection(because you don't have network drivers installed) you have to wait for the Windows device installer to time out on searching online for drivers before it will load the default built in USB Mass Storage drivers.

When you plug in the flash drive, does the little installing device icon show up in the system tray? If it does, you might be able to click on it and force it to stop looking for the drivers online.

Edit: I just looked at your screenshot more closely. It is listing the USB controller as not functioning properly. So it too might need drivers. But this is more likely the USB3.0 controller, since Win7 doesn't natively support USB3.0. It does natively support USB2.0, so those ports should work without loading drivers. But my suggestion would be to download every driver for your motherboard from the manufacturers website and burn them on a DVD. Then load them from them all from the DVD.

Software Windows 11 Pro
On some win 7 iso's I have the same issue and other modded have some drivers already to go.
No CD to use I take it, is the usb formatted correctly [fat?]?
There are some very nice modded Window 7 out that most have the basic drivers for a complete install.
This ROG version is the best one to date for just install and go
@Solaris17 may have something already slipstreamed ..................

yes, but i gave up on trying to install it with usb, so i just used a dvd for the install, which seemed to work nice enough... but apparently not...

The USB flash drive might work eventually if you leave it plugged in for awhile. The problem with W7 is that when you plug something new in for the first time, even a generic USB flash drive, it is going to search online for the drivers. Windows 7 is really stupid in this way. Since you don't have an internet connection(because you don't have network drivers installed) you have to wait for the Windows device installer to time out on searching online for drivers before it will load the default built in USB Mass Storage drivers.

When you plug in the flash drive, does the little installing device icon show up in the system tray? If it does, you might be able to click on it and force it to stop looking for the drivers online.

nope, nothing in the taskbar pops up, which is what i was hoping for...

i think i dont have much choice other than to start using windows 10... ughhhhh....

Did you get a bad copy of Windows 7? Is Service Pack 1 installed. Have you run memory check yet? Have you tried using a USB wireless adapter to get online and download the
Ethernet drivers. Can you temporarily hook up an optical drive? (If your new box does not have one) If you can give the exact motherboard you have it would help. Good Luck

I still prefer Windows 7, but Win10 with classic shell is almost as good.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
nope, nothing in the taskbar pops up, which is what i was hoping for...

i think i dont have much choice other than to start using windows 10... ughhhhh....

See my edit. You are going to have to load the drivers from a DVD.

But I really can't argue with moving to Windows 10 either, Windows 7 shouldn't be used anymore anyway.

Software Windows 11 Pro
Did you get a bad copy of Windows 7? Is Service Pack 1 installed. Have you run memory check yet? Have you tried using a USB wireless adapter to get online and download the
Ethernet drivers. Can you temporarily hook up an optical drive? (If your new box does not have one) If you can give the exact motherboard you have it would help. Good Luck

I still prefer Windows 7, but Win10 with classic shell is almost as good.

SP1 is installed, yes. i used this dvd to install win7 on my old pc. i did a memory check. no problems found. i dont have an usb wireless adapter, but i do have an optical drive that i could download the drivers to. but should i just download the usb drivers or the whole lot?! is there perhaps an "all-in-one" installation file for my motherboard: asus b150m-a (ddr4-version)

yes, i always use classic shell. :)

Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Mouse Hamster original
@minstreless try burning the USB drivers as i said. See where it takes you.
If it's still a no go, you're looking at two things:

i) you are lucky, as this was a bad install. Try again, same CD, try a third time, different CD (even pirated, doesn't matter).
ii) it's a technical issue. If so, last i could advise is pretty basic, the other guys here know a LOT more. Check the actual USB headers on your mobo, see if the cables are plugged in properly.

edit: Your ethernet is probably fixable/easy, but not a priority (for me), as the USB thing could entail your needing technical assistance.

System Name Firebird
Storage Intel 512 SSD,Samsung 9701Tb, Toshiba 3Tbx2,Hitachi 320,1TBx2,'Cuda 400 7200.10, WD1TBUSB,to SATA
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440 27" WQHD, Samsung 226W, Vizio M60C3 4K 60",Vizio XVT3D554SV
Audio Device(s) Intel 10ch[9+1] HD Audio X540> Pioneer VSX39TX[copper chasis,Rosewood sides 5x6LCD remote
Mouse Logictech G300s
Benchmark Scores 4642@665/1600 220/GAT F1 4544 220/667strap 2.5/3/2/6 Bliss 650/1500 6490 Q6700 Bliss 690/1500
You might look here on how they made the driver installed disc
EDIT
Also maybe a modded version like Gamer Edition X64 According to this they have a Win10 also

I have the Gamer Edition X64, but it's an older version. Was really good tho.

Just watch where you look/dl for modded OS's I've got dozens of them and they all have served up very well to excellent.
Just use your own Key before 30 days are up

Last edited:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Slipstream the drivers into your boot disk and try again. Welcome to windows 7 and skylake, this is such a known thing you can download a how to manual from your manufacturer.

Software Windows 11 Pro
@minstreless try burning the USB drivers as i said. See where it takes you.
If it's still a no go, you're looking at two things:

i) you are lucky, as this was a bad install. Try again, same CD, try a third time, different CD (even pirated, doesn't matter).
ii) it's a technical issue. If so, last i could advise is pretty basic, the other guys here know a LOT more. Check the actual USB headers on your mobo, see if the cables are plugged in properly.

edit: Your ethernet is probably fixable/easy, but not a priority (for me), as the USB thing could entail your needing technical assistance.

i do have sata-drive... cant i connect that sata to this pc, download all the asus drivers (usb, bios, chipset, sound etc) to that sata, connect the sata to my new pc and run all of the installation files on that sata, or must i format it first, since it is loaded with files?

You might look here on how they made the driver installed disc

will check it out when i wake up again. too much for me at 4am.... :/

Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Mouse Hamster original
@minstreless you could, but this would take even more time.. up to you. Also, have a look at cdawall's post just above. Looks like you are lucky after all :)

Software Windows 11 Pro
Slipstream the drivers into your boot disk and try again. Welcome to windows 7 and skylake, this is such a known thing you can download a how to manual from your manufacturer.

thanks. i will do this first thing in the morning to see how it turns out. much appreciated!

ill update the thread when i wake up.

System Name Firebird
Mouse Logictech G300s
Welcome to windows 7 and skylake, this is such a known thing
I've always had to load my drivers for Ethernet and USB3 from any MS Windows 7 ISO. even with SP1. so I think maybe it's been around even since Sandybridge.............
But a few modded are just like the slipstreamed sets load and go :toast:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
if you want to cut this a bit short. do you have another PC handy?

You might be able to make a bootable linux ISO or DOS environmnent and simply copy the data to the drive from a different environment. Then you can simply install the drivers that way. I had to do that when I was in a jam.

something like freedos might be able to help you out. or any live environment that can write to NTS patitions.

You could also remove the hard drive and put it in another machine. and simply paste the required drivers to the hard drive. boot back into 7 and install them.

with limited tools your going to have to do some leg work. their is no easy way around this.

Why dont you list out everything you have availible too you? we can piece a solution together.

Software Windows 11 Pro
if you want to cut this a bit short. do you have another PC handy?

You might be able to make a bootable linux ISO or DOS environmnent and simply copy the data to the drive from a different environment. Then you can simply install the drivers that way. I had to do that when I was in a jam.

something like freedos might be able to help you out. or any live environment that can write to NTS patitions.

You could also remove the hard drive and put it in another machine. and simply paste the required drivers to the hard drive. boot back into 7 and install them.

with limited tools your going to have to do some leg work. their is no easy way around this.

Why dont you list out everything you have availible too you? we can piece a solution together.

i have:
- 2 pc's; 1 older (that im using to post here) and 1 new, which is the one im struggling with. the specs in my specs list are for my newer pc, btw.
- 1x 16gb usb flash drive, 1tb external hdd.
- 1x cd/dvd-burner that i must swap back and forth these 2 pc's if im gonna use that
- 1x 2tb sata hdd.

that's about it when it comes to tools..

it was my plan to download everything for my asus motherboard ( https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/B150M-A/ ) to this pc (my older pc), attach them to the sata hdd, then attach that sata hdd to my newer pc, dump all the files to my new pc. that should do it, right? that is why i was wondering if i must download EVERY single file from asus b150m-a download page: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/50/3/13/PWYLo8XBxDEEPAB4/30/ - or is there an "all-in-one" .exe or so?

edit: and if must download them all, which of che 7 chipsets, bios etc. should i get?

thanks again.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
i do have sata-drive... cant i connect that sata to this pc, download all the asus drivers (usb, bios, chipset, sound etc) to that sata, connect the sata to my new pc and run all of the installation files on that sata, or must i format it first, since it is loaded with files?

will check it out when i wake up again. too much for me at 4am.... :/

Yes, just download the drivers on your old PC and copy them over to the HDD for your new PC.

Plug it back in and install.

Job done.

If it doesn't work, then you likely have a bad install.

Did you install win7 from DVD or USB at first?

Software Windows 11 Pro
Yes, just download the drivers on your old PC and copy them over to the HDD for your new PC.

Plug it back in and install.

Job done.

If it doesn't work, then you likely have a bad install.

Did you install win7 from DVD or USB at first?

yes, i will try that and see how that goes.

i tried to install with usb drive, but i had several issues with that, so i just used the dvd. worked on the 1st go.

i will try these things and then come back with a report.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
yes, i will try that and see how that goes.

i tried to install with usb drive, but i had several issues with that, so i just used the dvd. worked on the 1st go.

i will try these things and then come back with a report.

I'm pretty sure that scratched disks are the cause for bad installs. I remember having bad installs of Win 7 from DVD on many occasions in the past.
You might want to give the USB install ago if installing drivers doesn't help.

If you do get the network working, you might also want to run sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt.