• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Water Blocks Introduces Sleeved EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pumps

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EK Water Blocks, the world renowned premium liquid cooling manufacturer, is announcing the release of two new EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM units that include sleeved cables. The very popular and successful EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pumps are getting a version with dense high-quality PET black sleeving on both the PWM and power cables as well.

Both the Acetal and Plexi EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pump units are available with sleeved cables. Both the 50cm long power cable and 60cm long PWM signal cable are equipped with black high-quality dense PET sleeving. EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM is a high-performance liquid cooling pump, built around the market-proven Xylem D5 PWM water pump and revolutionary EK-XTOP Revo D5 pump volute/body with the revolutionary vibration-reducing mounting clamp.

The D5 pump is equipped with an electronically commutated spherical motor. In a pump with a spherical motor, the only moving part is a spherically shaped rotor which in this pump is held in place by a bearing ball made of ultra-hard and wear-resistant ceramic.

The Revo D5 pump volute/body system features a fully rounded design thus offering greater usability, allowing installation at any angle within 360° of rotation. Special rubber shock absorber is used to de-couple the main pump body from the mounting clip for silent operation, free of vibration induced noise. Additionally, horizontal and vertical positioning are supported for easier tube routing possibilities.

The EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - (incl. sleeved pump) and EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump) are already available for purchase through EK Webshop and it will shortly be available at our Partner Reseller Network as well. In the table below you can find MSR prices for the new sleeved pumps with VAT included.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

It's a huge upgrade, and you know it, Yuuuge! ;)

Well ,certainly, it gives a more high end look. I myself put black wire tape around those ugly cables coming out from their pump.

Apart from that, the humming/mumming this pump makes destroys totally the argument that liquid cooling is silent. At stock it is disturbing, and thanks to PWM regulation in bios, when set to lowest possible, makes it a bit bearable. I will try to change the stock mounting device and see if it helps.

It's a huge upgrade, and you know it, Yuuuge! ;)

Well ,certainly, it gives a more high end look. I myself put black wire tape around those ugly cables coming out from their pump.

Apart from that, the humming/mumming this pump makes destroys totally the argument that liquid cooling is silent. At stock it is disturbing, and thanks to PWM regulation in bios, when set to lowest possible, makes it a bit bearable. I will try to change the stock mounting device and see if it helps.
Over 60% speed it's clearly audible

Well, no, it is humming when it idles at 20%. Must be of course a reverberation somewhere, very unfortunate, much harder to eliminate.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Well, no, it is humming when it idles at 20%. Must be of course a reverberation somewhere, very unfortunate, much harder to eliminate.

Yeah, that's not the pump motor then. You need some vibration dampening installation, maybe try the Shoggy Sandwich?

It comes with a second rubber ring for "extra noise dampening" so i will try that first. But I take note with thanks of that idea!

I came back to correct my e-pinion: after removing some custom parts of my case (long story...) I got back to factory build. Reverberations gone.

The EK pump is silent again at idle.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I came back to correct my e-pinion: after removing some custom parts of my case (long story...) I got back to factory build. Reverberations gone.

The EK pump is silent again at idle.

Glad to hear that. Mind sharing the long story in case others might benefit from it?

for sure!
I have the Raijintec Paean case. The 980 Ti Strix didn't fit (too wide) so I added home made extenders to the glass window (= more distance for 980TI strix).

When I got my 1080Ti FE I installed it and removed the extenders (https://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/4410/paean10 I have to update it)
Everything is now more "solid". No disturbing noises). Feel free to ask more details.
I'd be glad to share one photo from my Build log, but I can't. The first pic is old, please have a look at the link and move to next pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I think the extenders may have been it then, makes sense.