• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Super Flower Platinum King 650 W

The Super Flower Platinum King is a highly efficient, very affordable mid-capacity PSU, priced at €89. This 80PLUS Platinum rated unit delivered good overall performance in our testing and features a single +12V rail and non-modular cable design.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Wishing a semi passive mode with capxcons?

A wild desire :D

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
Was looking at this unit, looks like i dodged a bullet there. Went with EVGA suprnova g2 instead and looks like it was worth it :)

System Name Takenfal
Processor Intel core i5-4690k
Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Cooling CRYORIG UNIVERSAL
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 770 ACX SC
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 1 TB - Western Digital Red 2 TB
Display(s) Dell u2414h
Case Fractal Design Define XL R2
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Software Windows 8.1
Ok the price, but I didn't expect such a low quality unit by super flower..

Ok the price, but I didn't expect such a low quality unit by super flower..

Yeah by the looks, it's look like rebranded golden green HX(which was crap too) with improved efficiency.

So now they are lowering quality for platinum king platform too. Only remaining good platform from them is leadex. :shadedshu:

Man, failing so hard on hold-up time and getting an award for that? I mean like, RLY? The review is great as always, but the evaluation is just FAIL in my opinion. Especially when you claim your HUT measurement is super-accurate, so you have some pretty solid data to back it up. When you not FAIL such unit right away, it should be like very deep under 5/10 at least. None unit which fails to meet ATX should ever get so high evaluation like 8+/10. Because such evaluation is useless, difference between this and some superb units with 9.5/10 is only 1.2 points while in reality the technological difference is like night and day!

But when you and other sites just keep on passing units which fail to meet ATX specification by far (so by logic they can not even be called ATX units when they don't cope with ATX in the first place!!) and that with very high score, we will just keep seeing such craps on the market.

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
Man, failing so hard on hold-up time and getting an award for that? I mean like, RLY? The review is great as always, but the evaluation is just FAIL in my opinion. Especially when you claim your HUT measurement is super-accurate, so you have some pretty solid data to back it up. When you not FAIL such unit right away, it should be like very deep under 5/10 at least. None unit which fails to meet ATX should ever get so high evaluation like 8+/10. Because such evaluation is useless, difference between this and some superb units with 9.5/10 is only 1.2 points while in reality the technological difference is like night and day!

But when you and other sites just keep on passing units which fail to meet ATX specification by far (so by logic they can not even be called ATX units when they don't cope with ATX in the first place!!) and that with very high score, we will just keep seeing such craps on the market.
Unless you have a UPS, holdup time is useless on it's own. It really doesn't matter if the psu dies in 1ms or 50ms when you pull the power.