• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Invading Subscriber Privacy - Senate Says ISPs Can Now Sell Your Data

The solution is VPN proxy and encrypted data.
Apparently, that is not the case in all situations. In some cases, as I understand it, ISPs know enough about their customers to make VPN use less than private.

BTW - the US House of Representatives votes Tomorrow - Tuesday, March 28, 2017 on the issue.

Apparently, that is not the case in all situations. In some cases, as I understand it, ISPs know enough about their customers to make VPN use less than private.
You would be incorrect. All traffic between your computing device and the VPN host is encrypted using methods no ISP can crack, generally.

BTW - the US House of Representatives votes Tomorrow - Tuesday, March 28, 2017 on the issue.
Won't that be fun.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm aware of SSN, but how exactly do you use it?
When you sign a contract (for a flat, a car, an internet/mobile plan etc) do you use your SSN? Is it written on the document?

Anything dealing with financials it will be asked for and used to pull u relevant information e.g. background check, credit history

Well this is surprising, but you seem very confident. :D
I used to think (and all I've found on the web seems to support it), that ID cards are not obligatory. Yes, you often need them to confirm your identity, but you are allowed not to have them.

There is no law requiring you to have them but the way system works it is extremely prohibitive, life will be very hard, to try and get by without one. Without an ID many things will automatically become off limits, so it is redundant make a law against not having one.

In Poland (where the ID card is mandatory for adults) you must apply for your first ID card before you turn 18. If you don't, you're actually breaking the law and are subject to detention or fine (same if you don't renew it in time).

I know that very well and actually mentioned it before. I actually used to work "cute" to describe a situation when an ID card is in fact an ID document for the unfortunate that don't have a Driving License. And that the ID card is issued by DMV. Just how American is that? :D

An ID card would look exactly the same as a Driving license except the line item where it would state the driver's class would instead read "FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES ONLY"

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
I'd prefer to read Hillary's email, less 33k missing of course. :) That's a lot of yoga and wedding emails! rt junkie was right...simply the way this article was written was a grenade with the pin almost falling out. If this is Breitbart, MSNBC, Politico, NYT, or some other political organization (hardly "news" anymore) I'd be all for it but this just seems to be a way to turn techpowerup into techpoliticsup.

You're probably right, he isn't that much into checking facts and reading up stuff. He'd probably just googled himself up. :D

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Yet another gross misstep in violation of peoples property and privacy.

It won't stop here either. They will not allow anyone to impede their progress towards a full and complete surveillance network. I'm sure this would make all of the former merciless dictators proud.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Yet another gross misstep in violation of peoples property and privacy.

It won't stop here either. They will not allow anyone to impede their progress towards a full and complete surveillance network. I'm sure this would make all of the former merciless dictators proud.
And in the same breath people will cry about this, they will ask for more gun control. Amazballz.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
And in the same breath people will cry about this, they will ask for more gun control. Amazballz.

I know right; there are throngs of confused people. Don't get me started on that -- that is for a whole other forum.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64

Prepare to have your mind blown mailman:

Not all us liberals are for gun control. Some of us might even *gasp* LIKE guns.

The issue is the two party system. You can't have any frickin' inbetweens.

And furthermore, some of us who lean liberal actually voted for Trump because he was a better choice then that sorry, pathetic excuse of a human being; Hillary "Human beings have no rights until they are born" Clinton. But I digress..

Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score
You're probably right, he isn't that much into checking facts and reading up stuff. He'd probably just googled himself up. :D

Maybe, however if I sent him an email he might get it and read it, and not lose it and get hacked and have all his emails released by Wikileaks....just sayin':). Oh also he's President, Hillary is no one's President...ever.

And furthermore, some of us who lean liberal actually voted for Trump because he was a better choice then that sorry, pathetic excuse of a human being; Hillary "Human beings have no rights until they are born" Clinton. But I digress..

I forgot to add this but I'll just paste it there Lexluthermiester hit it on the head there. When people of any political stripe start defending her as "human" they lose me. Sorry, just is what it is her whole family is corrupt like the Kennedy's.