• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
No, its from Cex. We had Amazon vouchers from scamsung

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Pre-ordering their S8 by any chance?

I gave the vouchers straight to my daughter and she spent them all on makeup. I am happy to report that her selfies have never looked so good.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Im getting the upgrade itch but im not sure what to upgrade at this stage. Only thing i can think off is a more powerful GPU but the thing with that is my 1070 isnt even 6months old. Im also waiting for Ryzen to mature as a platform but thats going to take a bit of time. I thought about getting a M.2 SSD on a PCI-Ex adapter for one of my vacant PCI-Ex slots since dropping SLi... Or i could just say stuff it and SLi again lol... Both these ideas seem a bit silly and unnecessary in their own ways so im forced to sit on my hands for now.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Im getting the upgrade itch but im not sure what to upgrade at this stage. Only thing i can think off is a more powerful GPU but the thing with that is my 1070 isnt even 6months old. Im also waiting for Ryzen to mature as a platform but thats going to take a bit of time. I thought about getting a M.2 SSD on a PCI-Ex adapter for one of my vacant PCI-Ex slots since dropping SLi... Or i could just say stuff it and SLi again lol... Both these ideas seem a bit silly and unnecessary in their own ways so im forced to sit on my hands for now.

A PC enthusiast can never have to many fans and heatsinks.

Speaking of which my old Phenom x6 build turned up the other day at my house.

Apparently dead I saw the mother board super heat myself ( red hot resistors!)

How ever after taking it all out and set up on a "test bench" with a stock heatsinks installed it works! It's been "dead" since I was last a regular on here.

Anyway, I suspect the problem was the mounting system I ghetto rigged together for the thermal right dual tower heatsink was the issue as the motherboard was gently curved around the socket from to much clamping force...

Abyway, long and short is this system needs a heatsink and mounting system that has not been cobbled together by myself.

Anyone got a stock Amd heatpipe heatsinks or something like a freezer 7 or something else cheap and good we could use?

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
So Mot time turned up and the guy says i need my rear passenger door to open to pass it , why i have one on the other side ffs , life's way too complex sometimes.
I been out assesssin the situ and I believe I'm fecked i cant get the central locking solenoid to let go ,i ripped the door card off from inside with few issues but I'm stumped.
Last attempt was to directly power the solenoid with a PSU (checked as working still)with no luck or it's dead.
Any ideas.
My next is to get all faulty towers on its ass with a tree branch.
edit,, neither a tree branch or mallet fixed the issue im out,, ill seek pro help here.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
So Mot time turned up and the guy says i need my rear passenger door to open to pass it , why i have one on the other side ffs , life's way too complex sometimes.
I been out assesssin the situ and I believe I'm fecked i cant get the central locking solenoid to let go ,i ripped the door card off from inside with few issues but I'm stumped.
Any ideas.
Disconnect the soleniod from the lever it attaches to, then you can manually move the lever to unlock the door.
Or go all Dukes of Hazzard and weld that side shut, so you wont have to worry about opening that side.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Finally up and running the World Peace Rig. AMD Ryzen and Nvidia 1080ti.

Let there be no more fighting.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Finally up and running the World Peace Rig. AMD Ryzen and Nvidia 1080ti.

Let there be no more fighting.

Let the fighting be taken to the beaches of BF1

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
So i bought a 'new' laptop for £60

Not looking for neck breaking speed or performance but something better then my HP DM1 which is 5 years old and has absolutely no support from AMD who have broken hardware acceleration so 1080p on youtube is almost impossible.

I can buy new battery cells and replace the dead ones in the battery pack myself for a fully portable unit. going to transfer my SSD & 8Gigs of DDR3 from my DM1 to this laptop and sell off the DM1 as parts for £30 odd ish. Should get some money back.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
I saw the CCTV of my brothers bike accident. Hes hobbling around at home now and putting clothes on for the first time. Hes going to recover ok by the sound of things.

One thing i pointed out to him was that if he had been wearing anything hi viz AT ALL the driver may have seen him. My brother should try and be a responsible road user too in my opinion. When we were kids there was a campaign to make sure people were visible on or near roads, they should do something similar. Or maybe insurers should insist on it.

We used to sing it.........:roll:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I saw the CCTV of my brothers bike accident. Hes hobbling around at home now and putting clothes on for the first time. Hes going to recover ok by the sound of things.

One thing i pointed out to him was that if he had been wearing anything hi viz AT ALL the driver may have seen him. My brother should try and be a responsible road user too in my opinion. When we were kids there was a campaign to make sure people were visible on or near roads, they should do something similar. Or maybe insurers should insist on it

Im glad your brother is recovering any more info on what happened exactly?

Secondly I dont want to be an asshole but Hi-vis makes very little difference in some cases. Thats like people saying accidents could of been completely avoided if he was wearing a helmet etc etc and there are a lot of people who tend to bring that up but if 99% of the time as a cyclist its not your head that goes through the windscreen first so its always a topic which is heavily debated amongst the cycling community the same way as hi-vis.

I rarely wear any hi-vis clothing. I used to but i dont bother now. the clothing i do wear is cycling related so has reflective piping and patches etc etc. I also have a small red blinking light on the back of my helmet so drivers can see me 'above traffic' but its no holy grail against stupid drivers. Drivers that speed past you within an inch or two or those idiots who are too busy checking their facebook to be keeping their eyes on the road ahead of them.

A cyclists road awareness can also be pretty bad as well. As a bicycle commuter who cycles to work in central london I see it every day... People who cycle with headphones on, or mobile phone out in their hand checking facebook or cycle like they have 'blinkers' on like horses. These people cant hear whats around them nor can they see it because their eyes are either staring down at their phone or straight ahead.

Ive lost count of the times where another cyclist has swung out in front of me as i tried to overtake because they didnt bother or know how to shoulder check, cutting from right to left or left to right because they were in the wrong lane etc etc without shoulder checking before making their move. Though these cyclists are a smaller threat compared to those at the wheel of a steel cage thats weighs a tonne and moving at quite a speed.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
I almost accidentally hit a cyclist the other day on a big roundabout with traffic lights which has 2 lane to go 1 exit and merge into 1 lane,the cyclist was on left lane and i was in right lane. He was wearing a high vis jacket which is ones worn on construction site with no helmet on he poorly indicated he was going around the roundabout and I noticed the arm signal a bit to late as i was going for overtake and barely missed him because he slowed down to check if it was safe to go around. I have no issues with cyclist but i just don't like encountering them on big roundabouts and roads that has national speed limit placed as well.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I almost accidentally hit a cyclist the other day on a big roundabout with traffic lights which has 2 lane to go 1 exit and merge into 1 lane,the cyclist was on left lane and i was in right lane. He was wearing a high vis jacket which is ones worn on construction site with no helmet on he poorly indicated he was going around the roundabout and I noticed the arm signal a bit to late as i was going for overtake and barely missed him because he slowed down to check if it was safe to go around. I have no issues with cyclist but i just don't like encountering them on big roundabouts and roads that has national speed limit placed as well.

Cyclists dont like big roundabouts either, especially the bigger ones that carry more traffic. Its like playing a game of frogger.

Unfortunatly there is no legal requirment for cyclist to have Insurance

I have insurance though im guessing that most other cyclists probably see it as a waste of time.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Cyclists dont like big roundabouts either, especially the bigger ones that carry more traffic. Its like playing a game of frogger.
Hate it because lot of cyclist don't pay attention or they don't indicate clear enough where they want go. Literally the dude just lift his arm in like 40-45 degrees which isn't exactly clear..he could be just stretching or dangling his arm as far as some people might think,if he wants to tell people he is going round or turning off that point which i don't know the correct procedure but i thought they need check their shoulder first to check if its safe and then use their arm as indicator at like a 90 degree stretch to tell road users where they are going.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
The careers guidance woman filled in a form for my daughter to apply for an apprenticeship. We've been wondering why we havent heard anything back when other kids have.

Tiurns out the teacher wrote her own birthdate on the form and they have been processing the application for a 43 year old :banghead:

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
The careers guidance woman filled in a form for my daughter to apply for an apprenticeship. We've been wondering why we havent heard anything back when other kids have.

Tiurns out the teacher wrote her own birthdate on the form and they have been processing the application for a 43 year old :banghead:
Them blasted teachers!

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Anyone got a single stick of 8GB DDR3 of laptop ram spare??

I also need an msata ssd drive thats bigger than 120gb

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Anyone got a single stick of 8GB DDR3 of laptop ram spare??

I also need an msata ssd drive thats bigger than 120gb

Well update on this... didnt need the Msata drive after all and sourced some ram off ebay for £30

---

Ive also got some 'Maker's Mark' and Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold this week to add to my whisky collection

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
new laptop is up and running..... its not that bad... keyboard is a kind of mushy, volume of the speakers is very very poor but on a side note i can play 1080p on youtube & watch blueray rips with minimal lag but the fan on this beast does go apeshit though.

It came with a Msata drive which wouldnt play nice when i put in a 2.5" SSD to see if i could increase storage. Its either one or the other or the 2.5" wont get detected in windows 10. Ive checked in windows 10 but theres not a lot of options.

Cloned the 32Gb Msata to my OCZ Arc100 that i had running in my older laptop and its been running absolutely fine so far.

Its using windows 10 and ive been having a poke around and it honestly doesnt seem so bad. I should really think about moving from windows 7 on my main pc to windows 10!!!!!

4GB of ram currently but waiting for my 8GB off ebay to arrive. CPU is an Celeron 1037U which is much better then the old AMD E-350 i had which would start tanking if 3 tabs in chrome were open and would struggle to do 1080p on YT but I think that was something to do with AMDs drivers that broke hardware acceleration as i remember i could play 1080p in cyberfox before or when i forced any browser to use flashplayer but even with flashplayer it started to lag and run like poo.

oh and the screen on this terrible waste of space is a touchscreen. laptop itself is mainly made up of cheap plastic. Ive seen chromebooks that felt and looked better than this. For £60 though.... cant really complain. Battery is absolutely fubar though. Zoostorm left this laptop in their warehouse for so long that the battery cells just died out completely so im going to have to crack that open at some point with some new cells and just replace the old ones with my trusty soldering iron.

Not a superb user experience but better than the previous experience with my HP DM1....Looking forward to upgrading to win 10 on my pc at some point this year :p

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Bloody foreign drivers.

Not far from here over the weekend. The road is the A40 which runs from Fishguard into the centre of London . The driver has been identified and hopefully will be prosecuted

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Bloody foreign drivers.

Not far from here over the weekend. The road is the A40 which runs from Fishguard into the centre of London . The driver has been identified and hopefully will be prosecuted

They just all drive on the wrong side of the road in your country.....:p:D

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Right side is left -wrong side is right Get used to it or don't Drive over here
apart from that your welcome to visit :)

PS wilki
"76 countries and territories using LHT.[3] Countries that use LHT account for about a sixth of the world's area and a quarter of its roads."