• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Expands AM4 Motherboard Lineup with New Models

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI, world leading in motherboard design, launches five new ATX GAMING motherboards based on the AMD AM4 X370 and B350 chipset. These new GAMING models are positioned in the Performance GAMING segment, a series all about Gaming In style. Its new flagship is the X370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC with Mystic Light RGB, to fully customize its looks, but now also available with Intel WIFI AC. The new X370 and B350 GAMING motherboards all support the upcoming AMD RYZEN Series processors and 7th Gen A-series / Athlon Processors and are ready to fully utilize performance on AM4 with the exclusive MSI A-XMP feature, maximizing DDR4 speed & stability.

X370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Truly exceptional by design, the X370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC is sure to offer gamers unlimited options to customize gaming rigs in any way using RGB Mystic Light. Taking it one-step further, Mystic Light Sync is available through the Gaming App, to synchronize other brands' RGB LED products. Simply control and change the colors and effects using a smartphone, tablet or windows PC. Supported products include popular brands cases, keyboards and other peripheral devices with RGB, which pass the Mystic Light Sync certification.

Powering the latest RYZEN CPUs the X370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC now comes with an Intel WIFI AC card bundled in the box so gamers can use their MSI GAMING LAN port for online gaming while using WIFI for other online applications. This next-generation Intel Wi-Fi / Bluetooth solution uses smart MU-MIMO technology, delivering AC speeds up to 433Mbps without any cable limitation. Audio Boost 4 is ready to give you the best audio experience with pinpoint accuracy when gaming. VR Boost provides the best VR gameplay experience with lower latency and reduces the possibility of motion sickness.

Also made available is the more price friendly B350 GAMING PRO CARBON that features all the goodness from the X370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC motherboard, such as Mystic Light RGB, M.2 Shield, GAMING I/O cover but on the B350 chipset and focuses solely on GAMING LAN for its networking.

X370 Gaming Plus and B350 Gaming Plus
Available in X370 and B350, the new X370 GAMING PLUS motherboard inherits its design from the traditional MSI GAMING Motherboards. Highlighted by the use of a traditional GAMING red & black look and feel in the heavy plated heatsinks and PCB printing, the new GAMING PLUS models are a testament to gaming. Featuring Audio Boost, GAMING LAN, Turbo M.2, Steel Armor and much more, the X370 GAMING PLUS and B350 GAMING PLUS motherboards are set to deliver a next level gaming experience.

B350 Krait Gaming
Inheriting the critically acclaimed KRAIT GAMING black and white DNA, the new B350 KRAIT GAMING comes with an even stronger emphasis on design. STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots with Hydro Dip Paint coating, perfectly matches the unique black & white motherboard design. To top things off, KRAIT comes with matching black & white heatsinks and a GAMING IO cover all dressed in black. Besides its design, to satisfy gamers' needs, the B350 KRAIT GAMING motherboard is built using MSI's latest technologies with best performance and latest features. GAMING LAN delivers the best online gaming experience with lower latency and USB 3.1 Gen2 ensures the fastest transfer rates when connecting fast external storage devices. More performance-oriented gaming features KRAIT has to offer are: Turbo M.2, Audio Boost and DDR4 Boost.

MSI A-XMP - Convert XMP to Usable Memory Settings for Ryzen
MSI R&D engineers developed and enabled world's first 1-second DDR4 performance and stability feature, A-XMP. By using A-XMP MSI AM4 motherboard owners can simply set their memory timings and speed to its optimal settings in a single click for the best performance and stability. A-XMP also enables support for higher rated DDR4 memory kits to work without any hassle. A-XMP is exclusively available on all MSI X370, B350 and A320 based motherboards.

Turbo M.2 and M.2 Shield
Turbo M.2 connectivity delivers PCI-E Gen3 x4 performance with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s using the latest SSDs. It also supports NVMe technology for an optimized storage experience. The M.2 thermal solution, M.2 Shield, ensures any NVMe based SSD delivers maximum performance and protects it at the same time.

VR Boost
VR Boost is a smart chip that ensures a clean and strong signal to a VR-optimized USB port located on the back, to reduce the risk of motion sickness caused by a bad signal. The VR Ready option in the MSI Gaming App primes your PC for VR use in just a single click, applying max. performance and preventing applications from impacting your VR experience.

Audio Boost with Nahimic 2
With Audio Boost, powered by Nahimic, MSI motherboards deliver the highest sound quality by using premium grade audio components and an isolated audio PCB. Adding an audio cover and golden audio connectors ensures the purest audio signal.

Gaming LAN
Get ready to crush your enemies on the battlefield with MSI GAMING LAN, featuring carefully selected components to ensure the best online gaming experience without lag. With optimized traffic prioritization and low latency, MSI GAMING LAN Manager automatically identifies and prioritizes the latency-sensitive applications for online games.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ACME Singularity Unit
Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Cooling 4 Snow Yetis huffing and puffing in parallel
Memory Hasty Indian (I/O: 3 smoke signals per minute)
Video Card(s) Bob Ross AI module
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Display(s) Where are my glasses?
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Audio Device(s) On demand tribe singing
Power Supply Spin-o-Wheel-matic
Mouse Hamster original
Keyboard Chisel 1.9a (upgraded for Stone Tablet 2.0 compatibility)
Software It's all hard down here
The "announcement" makes one think the Carbon is the new 370 flagship, but i still see the Titanium as the one on top price-wise.
Will check specs out now out of curiosity.

edit:
+ Titanium has a USB C plug in the back
- Carbon does not

+ Titanium has a U.2 slot
- Carbon does not

+ Titanium has BIOS flashback (/waves at Gigabyte)
- Carbon does not

+ Titanium has a TPM header (do people use all this shit?)
- Carbon does not

Everything else appears identical.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The "announcement" makes one think the Carbon is the new 370 flagship, but i still see the Titanium as the one on top price-wise.
Not how I read it.
The Carbon is the flagship Motherboard in their "gaming" segment, the Titanium dominates another segment.

None of these appeal to me. I need something meatier and more solid (giggity).

The ASRock Taichi looks like a good option so far. Also waiting for a Formula\extreme tier for Asus X370 boards.

System Name ACME Singularity Unit
Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Cooling 4 Snow Yetis huffing and puffing in parallel
Memory Hasty Indian (I/O: 3 smoke signals per minute)
Video Card(s) Bob Ross AI module
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Display(s) Where are my glasses?
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Audio Device(s) On demand tribe singing
Power Supply Spin-o-Wheel-matic
Mouse Hamster original
Keyboard Chisel 1.9a (upgraded for Stone Tablet 2.0 compatibility)
Software It's all hard down here
Not how I read it.
The Carbon is the flagship Motherboard in their "gaming" segment, the Titanium dominates another segment.

I meant it as i typed it; for someone not following Pr after Pr article or any company in specific (you wanna say for someone casual? That too), the general impression is that usually at least, the Carbon ones are top tier. They are the ones that usually come last, they are the ones that usually cost the most. Key word being impression.
If still not evident, my point was in regard to obfuscating and over-saturating. Purposefully needless to say. One need only look at the differences between some of their models :)

System Name Addison Clark
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x3D delid
Motherboard Asus X670E Hero
Cooling Custom Bykski loop CPU, GPU, 2x 360 rads, and 1x 280 rad with Arctic P12 and P14 ARGB fans
Memory G.Skill DDR5-6000 64GB CL30
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090 Aorus Master
Storage Kingston Fury 2TB and 4TB NVME
Display(s) Samsung 57"
Case Lian Li O11 mini
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000w SFX-L
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnium
Software Win 11 Pro
Where are the ITX boards at!?

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
We JUST got to the point when motherboard manufacturers are killing off the VGA connector on Intel boards, and all of a sudden it's back on Ryzen boards. Me right now:

Anyone who owns a VGA monitor in this day and age, and wants to use it with the latest Intel/AMD systems, should instead shove that monitor up their ass (yes, the whole thing).

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
How about a mATX B350 with the M2 slot above the video card? Or how about any board with the M2 slot on top, eh MSI?

Guess the el-cheapo boards won't be out until Ryzen 3 hits... o_O

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I find it the Carbon board quite sexy. :love:

Namdhda

Will check specs out now out of curiosity.

edit:
+ Titanium has a USB C plug in the back
- Carbon does not

+ Titanium has a U.2 slot
- Carbon does not

+ Titanium has BIOS flashback (/waves at Gigabyte)
- Carbon does not

+ Titanium has a TPM header (do people use all this shit?)
- Carbon does not

Everything else appears identical.
My gaming pro carbon v1.0 has a usb c port and a tpm header, i would assume the new version does as well. As far as bios flashback, im not sure what that is exactly, but when i clock my cpu too high and it crashes, when i reboot it is set to the previous clock (as opposed to being set back to default or having to manual clear the cmos) which seems flashbacky.

System Name m1dg3t | DeathBox | HairPi 3
Processor 3570k @ 4.0 1.15v BIOS | q9550 @ 3.77 1.325v BIOS
Motherboard Asrock z77e iTX | p5q Dlx 2301 BIOS
Cooling Custom Water | D-14 & HR-03gt | Passive HSF
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D 4g x 2 @ 1866 1.35v | OcZ RpR 2g x 4 @ 1067 2.2v
Video Card(s) MSi 7950 tf3 @1000 / 1350 | Asus 5870 V2 @ 900 / 1275
Storage Adata sx900 256Gb / WD 2500 HHTZ | WD 1001 FALS x 2
Display(s) BenQ gw2750hm | 46" Sharp Quatron
Case BitFenix Prodigy - m0dd3d | Antec Fusion Remote MAX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink > Yamaha HTR 6290 | Xonar HDAV1.3 > Yamaha DSP z7
Power Supply Ocz mXp700w | Ocz zx850w | Cannakit 5v 2.5a
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G9x - Cable Repaired
Keyboard TT Meka G1 - Black w Cherry Blacks| Logitech G11
Software Win7 Home | Xp sp3 & Vista ultimate | Raspbian
Benchmark Scores Epeen!! Who needs epeen??

The ASRock Taichi looks like a good option so far. Also waiting for a Formula\extreme tier for Asus X370 boards.

Where are the ITX boards at!?

Yes and yes, until they make some decent iTX they aint getting a single $ from me. The current RAM jack isn't inspiring either, hopefully prices deflate back to norm. Who knows? Maybe by then there'll be a damn iTX board to buy :roll:

I like the look of the Krait boards though, it seems to be lacking RGB... Thank you!

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
And once again no micro or mini ATX boards.

rollindadice

indeed the AsRock Taichi is a great option indeed,I myself keeping an eye on it,I was gonna get Asus Crosshair Hero VI,but that's definitely not an option anymore due to many of issues many are facing,AsRock and MSI have great UEFI BIOS options,

rollindadice

how are you guaranteed that they are doing Formula\Extreme Tier for Asus x370? I myself was wondering if they would do a TUF tier for Asus x370 since it would be good and also competition for those who may want a white/silver build for their ryzen(like myself).

I have Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White,EVGA 750 G2, and few other stuff, gotta get memory, processor and mobo to complete.