• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

xfx rx480 8gb flashed to saphire rx580

I've actually got the same card as you, that's why your post stuck out to me. I've got a day 1 reference XFX RX480. Every BIOS I had tried thus far was crapping out unless I dialed it back to 1300, but that's pointless since my card is at 1288 stock. I'm not much of an overclocker, so I'm just kinda trying random shit based off what I'm reading here. Here's hoping this works

EDIT: card seems to be stable, but I've got no HDMI sound, so I'ma try using DDU and reinstalling ReLive

EDIT 2: No dice on getting HDMI sound working, any suggestions? It sees all the sound devices in Playback Devices, but it says none of them are plugged in -_-

Sorry, I don't use HDMI audio. Believe it or not, I'm running an old PCI SoundBlaster Audigy. This sound card will still be pumping out audio when men are walking on Mars.

Only suggestion would be to try the other HDMI ports. Maybe also try switching the default output devices.

pyrokineticdew

yeah, I'm dependent on HDMI audio right now. Optical sucks if you wanna do 5.1 sound, and I don't have any analog 5.1 receivers, so I'm stuck with HDMI. Switching default output devices won't do anything, since the HDMI is already the default. As I said, it sees them, it just refuses to accept anything is plugged into them (despite the fact that I'm getting video.... which is over HDMI)

yeah, I'm dependent on HDMI audio right now. Optical sucks if you wanna do 5.1 sound, and I don't have any analog 5.1 receivers, so I'm stuck with HDMI. Switching default output devices won't do anything, since the HDMI is already the default. As I said, it sees them, it just refuses to accept anything is plugged into them (despite the fact that I'm getting video.... which is over HDMI)

Well, there's always the XFX RX 480 BE BIOS, which will get you 1328 and working HDMI audio. That's what I've been running for the past year.

I am not quite satisfied yet, so i'm looking for the Asus STRIX RX580 T8G which has 1411 MHz in Core.
At the moment i'm using the Asus STRIX RX580 O8G which does 1360 MHz in Core.

Did you flash the asus rx480 strix with sapphire bios?
Everything is working.
Question noob, could you re-flash the original bios?

yes i used the sapphire BIOS, now i used the Asus because i also have the Asus RX480.
everything is working fine and silent.
yes you can revert back to your original BIOS.

BackTo4

Hi,

I tried to flash my strix rx480 with this bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191494/191494
If I try flashing with a bootlabe usb stick, it won´t flash. It alwas says before flashing: No adapter found.
If I type in "atiflash -i" it also says no adapter found.
I have only one GPU in PCI-E slot. Of course the 6700k has an iGPU, but I´m not using it.

Tried also with ATIWINFLASH in Wondows, it says "mismatch in subsystem id".

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I tried to flash my strix rx480 with this bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191494/191494
If I try flashing with a bootlabe usb stick, it won´t flash. It alwas says before flashing: No adapter found.
I have only one GPU in PCI-E slot. Of course the 6700k has an iGPU, but I´m not using it.

Any suggestions?

Flash with Asus Strix BIOS from ASUS site, the download comes with 4 Bios I flashed the A06, and have been good to my card.

Attachments

• XFX480Reference@ASUS RX580 Superposition R7 1700@4000.jpg
    XFX480Reference@ASUS RX580 Superposition R7 1700@4000.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 1,573

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
I would like to see some "before" and "after" runs of Superposition

Hi,

Any suggestions?

yes, use the .bat file that the OP created and name your BIOS file to rx580.rom, just run the .bat and you're good to go. Your screen will blink 3 times. ( wait for it and restart your computer. )

Flash with Asus Strix BIOS from ASUS site, the download comes with 4 Bios I flashed the A06, and have been good to my card.

hey, can you put the link here, i have been looking for that BIOS.

BackTo4

i truly can't reach that :(
i need the A06. i already have that one, can you put the A06?

From the ASUS homepage there is only the AS06 available.
Don´t know where to find the A06 like aGeoM said.

From the ASUS homepage there is only the AS06 available.
Don´t know where to find the A06 like aGeoM said.

i can't even reach the AS06, can you put the link to the BIOS which doesn't download automatically?

i can't even reach the AS06, can you put the link to the BIOS which doesn't download automatically?

I'm not home now, be back soon.
I will give you the extracted bios from the pack.

Hi,

Any suggestions?
Run either cmd shell or powershell with elevated privileges. Then:

$ atiflash.exe -f -p 0 <path_to_rom>