• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best VPN service for a gamer/ someone who uses streaming services ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor AMD Ryzen 1700X 8-Core 3.4Ghz
Motherboard ASRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, 2x front Aerocool DS 140mm fans, 1x rear Aerocool DS 140mm fan
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil Vega 64
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD - Boot drive, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD - Main storage
Display(s) Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K FreeSync Gaming Monitor
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB C-Type Blackout Edition (Non TG)
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 301 Headset, Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition Headset, Logitech Z623 System
Power Supply Seasonic AirTouch 850w 80 Plus Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Professional 64bit
FBI has cracked many VPN's and Tor, to the point they let child sex traffickers go in order to keep their tools secure. A lot of these services use less than ideal encryption keys so when subpoena'd they can provide it. That is definitely something you want to watch out for with whatever provider you choose.

Your data is only encrypted between your PC and their servers, also something else to keep in mind. Beyond that, unless using other forms of transmission encryption standards, your data is wide open as if it were coming from your home with no VPN.

Not saying that a VPN is useless, I quite think the opposite, especially with higher levels of encryption. There will be some performance deficits the higher the levels of encryption go, but thanks to hardware acceleration in Intel, AMD, and other types of network hardware processing, that is becoming less harsh on hardware. But it has its effects...especially on systems where you're running the VPN client.

I prefer OpenVPN and DNSSEC VPN standards for secure tunnel deployment and management. I've deployed dozens of both for companies, end-users, for site-to-site, road-warrior, etc.

One thing to be careful about is ASSuming that the FBI doesn't have access to the encryption keys for those VPN tunnels. Many services use the same encryption key for all their clients...it's like a "get outta jail free" card if they are requested to turn it over. The other issue that may or may not concern you is logging, many VPN services may claim not to log, but most do. Again, this is CYA so they can offload lawsuits to the end-users rather than have to deal with getting shut down and going broke. Why should they pay for your illegal activities? They won't.

Depending on your activities, this may or may not matter.

Using VPN services for streaming and gaming, good luck with that...to lower levels of encryption and still have increased latency doesn't seem worth it. I guess if you're region locked and feel you really NEED to ID as someone from a different region, then that's your only choice for sure.

If you want to be truly private, you need to unplug from the Internet. Otherwise smartly using VPN and Tor are mitigation methods to increasing privacy to a certain extent, but not sure-fire bulletproof solutions by any means. The second you assume you're all good will be the second they nail your ass to the wall. Make sure you're regularly changing servers, make sure you're not doing heinously illegal content viewing, sharing, distributing, or any content theft that could push the DMCA and feds down the throats of your VPN service provider, and odds are you'll be safer than not.

It is worth educating on how VPN works, why it works and where it does and doesn't work. VPN service providers are FOTM's anymore...and more of them are dangerously transparent when it comes to investigations. Some are super dangerous when their encryption keys get "accidentally" released or hacked out of their databases.

That being said, I've used PIA for several years now with good results...though I don't use it daily nor rely on it all the time. Frankly if you're worried about privacy, there's so much more than VPN. Every membership, regular bill, registration, service, whether online or not, has been tracking you for decades... we lost the privacy battle. So what you're really keeping private versus what you think you're keeping private can be vastly different, and many don't even realize it. That's another discussion for a different day.

Really it comes down to choosing what you are and aren't willing to do on a PC, and while VPN and Tor can help to an extent with encryption, they aren't the end-all answer that many bill them to be. I am a proponent for VPN's, as I said I use them regularly on a professional and personal-level, design them, deploy, maintain, test and secure, etc. They have their uses. Don't think for a second any VPN service provider won't cover their ass to save yours, they'll totally sacrifice you when called on to do so. Accept that, and play by that one rule with these services.

:toast:

Wow you have provided a lot of great info! I know it isn't 100% guaranteed, but at least it's better than nothing. The reason I am going to use NordVPN (besides the affordable pricing) is one of two things. First, they do not keep logs whatsoever and on their website they claim that if someone requests your data, all they can do is "shrug their shoulders". I believe they are based outside of the US, but they have over 800 servers worldwide.

The second reason is that they use 2048-bit SSL encryption (they are currently the most secure VPN service in the world, maybe that's why the got an Editor's choice award from PC magazine). Also, this great article talks about encryption (it's an article that is over 10 years old so standards have changed : http://www.zdnet.com/article/is-encryption-really-crackable/

"Furthermore, RSA's inventors were well aware of the fact that it takes a much larger key to be secure which is why typical implementations are at a minimum 768 bits and can easily go up to 2048 bits and beyond. To give you an idea what it takes to break an RSA 1620 bit key, you would need a computer with 120 Terabytes of memory before you can even think about attempting it and the memory requirement virtually rules out massively distributed cracking methods."

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Remember that those high-grade keys are a pain to crack, unless the provider hands over the encryption key to get out of a lawsuit or shutdown or prison or worse (in some countries and regions). Also, with combined computing, mass processing and memory is a malware bot away... Nord does rate well though, I considered them at one point. Keep your encryption levels high, AES256, SHA256, RSA2048 is a good place to start. I run RSA4096 on my PIA and AES and SHA256, which is fine as long as the encryption key for my service isn't compromised... most vendors have been at least once...they're usually fast at changing it once caught and trying really really hard not to have it advertised.

@jboydgolfer

Some ISP's are offering packages where you pay them to not sell your data, which of course they're still likely selling. But we are all data metrics, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Ubuntu, Xbox, Playstation, Allstate, State Farm, Geico, Costco, K-Mart, Walmart, Charter, TimeWarner, CenturyLink, Cox, ABC, NBC, TBS, FOX, I mean really...you name it. Now the ISP just gets to see and sell all the traffic without as much for legislation to make it a pain in the ass, which is/was part of net neutrality. There's a lot out there to read about and learn about with this matter. It really is quite disgusting in one aspect...but we all are guilty and it is totally for convenience. We give our metrics away, and Amazon suggests the next thing we wanna buy, Netflix shows the next TV series we wanna watch, Allstate tells us we can save $100 or more on car insurance, etc. That's just the data mining operation-side, those get hacked from time-to-time too. We're all metrics, numbers, targets in one form or another. What's happening at the ISP level is going to just be a more thorough version of what's already been happening...and really ISP's were doing it before to various extents...now they're getting a pass to do it how they wish.

Here read this article below, it will bring up Tor and VPN's.

https://arstechnica.com/information...n-sell-your-web-history-and-how-to-stop-them/

Here's an article from 2015:

https://arstechnica.com/information...ur-web-browsing-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

Cooling Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, 2x front Aerocool DS 140mm fans, 1x rear Aerocool DS 140mm fan
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD - Boot drive, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD - Main storage
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 301 Headset, Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition Headset, Logitech Z623 System
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Remember that those high-grade keys are a pain to crack, unless the provider hands over the encryption key to get out of a lawsuit or shutdown or prison or worse (in some countries and regions). Also, with combined computing, mass processing and memory is a malware bot away... Nord does rate well though, I considered them at one point. Keep your encryption levels high, AES256, SHA256, RSA2048 is a good place to start. I run RSA4096 on my PIA and AES and SHA256, which is fine as long as the encryption key for my service isn't compromised... most vendors have been at least once...they're usually fast at changing it once caught and trying really really hard not to have it advertised.

@jboydgolfer

Some ISP's are offering packages where you pay them to not sell your data, which of course they're still likely selling. But we are all data metrics, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Ubuntu, Xbox, Playstation, Allstate, State Farm, Geico, Costco, K-Mart, Walmart, Charter, TimeWarner, CenturyLink, Cox, ABC, NBC, TBS, FOX, I mean really...you name it. Now the ISP just gets to see and sell all the traffic without as much for legislation to make it a pain in the ass, which is/was part of net neutrality. There's a lot out there to read about and learn about with this matter. It really is quite disgusting in one aspect...but we all are guilty and it is totally for convenience. We give our metrics away, and Amazon suggests the next thing we wanna buy, Netflix shows the next TV series we wanna watch, Allstate tells us we can save $100 or more on car insurance, etc. That's just the data mining operation-side, those get hacked from time-to-time too. We're all metrics, numbers, targets in one form or another. What's happening at the ISP level is going to just be a more thorough version of what's already been happening...and really ISP's were doing it before to various extents...now they're getting a pass to do it how they wish.

Here read this article below, it will bring up Tor and VPN's.

https://arstechnica.com/information...n-sell-your-web-history-and-how-to-stop-them/

Here's an article from 2015:

https://arstechnica.com/information...ur-web-browsing-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

Great post!!!

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Privacy? Prff... use mobile internet... it has a few IP's only... pretty much secure as everyone is the same...

Unbannable as everyone does use it. Use fake IMEI for routers also...

And... it works pretty fast also if you are lucky and besides a good LTE cell.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@Mighty-Lu-Bu Of course you're dodgy, since "if you've done nothing wrong then you've nothing to hide", right? ;)

Yeah, there's so much fail with that oft-quoted statement that I don't know where to begin. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, the minute you start talking about wanting to increase your privacy, some people jump to the conclusion that you're guilty of something and act like jerks, accusing you of random crap. That's just the way of a public forum. :ohwell: Just don't admit that you use torrents or you won't hear the end of it, lol.

I've learned a thing or two about VPNs from this thread and hope you get your ideal VPN soon. :) Let us know which one.

Mouse SteelSeries Rival
@Mighty-Lu-Bu Of course you're dodgy, since "if you've done nothing wrong then you've nothing to hide", right? ;)

Yeah, there's so much fail with that oft-quoted statement that I don't know where to begin. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, the minute you start talking about wanting to increase your privacy, some people jump to the conclusion that you're guilty of something and act like jerks, accusing you of random crap. That's just the way of a public forum. :ohwell: Just don't admit that you use torrents or you won't hear the end of it, lol.

I've learned a thing or two about VPNs from this thread and hope you get your ideal VPN soon. :) Let us know which one.

Like 4 years ago I downloaded a movie and 24 hours later I got a cease and desist letter. I have never done it again lol

I am leaning towards NordVPN. Once I get everything set up I will let everyone know what the outcome is.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I am guilty for many things.

1. I stole money: I took a quarter on my mom's desk when I was like ....7 (30ish years ago)?
2. I lied a lot. I don't recall where and how many times though.
3. I am guilty of my avatar.
4. I am guilty of going off topic a lot.
And the list goes on and on...

I am guilty.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
You ask me why I wanted a VPN service and I gave you a very simple answer: privacy and security and all of a sudden I'm crazy and I must be selling drugs/ guns?. Get real dude. Also the service is less than $5 a month for up to 6 devices. Internet privacy is a serious issue in the United States especially with laws being passed that give companies the green light to mine your data. If privacy and security aren't valid reasons to get s VPN than I am at a loss for words.
That's not really what he means. As I said before, there are times where VPNs really do offer a lot of security. The problem is that the benefits are negated as soon as you're using the VPN to talk to the internet and not just to access secure resources on the network that you're VPNing into. VPNs attempt to solve the "network communication is insecure" problem but, if you're just using a VPN to talk to the internet, you're losing that benefit, just leaving you with some basic level of anonymity but not really security since communicating over the internet is still the weakest link with respect to how secure your connection is from the time it leaves your computer to the time it gets to the web server sitting on the internet. Think of it this way, a bicycle chain is only as strong as the weakest link, communication and hops over the internet are the same way.
Like 4 years ago I downloaded a movie and 24 hours later I got a cease and desist letter. I have never done it again lol
This is where the IP blacklist I mentioned earlier comes in handy. Companies that do this usually hire another company like "IP Echelon" to essentially seed torrents and watch all of the connections that come in. You stop it by not connecting to those hosts.

Mouse SteelSeries Rival
A quick update- I starting using Epic Privacy browser and I am really, really liking it. The built in search engine is OK, but I have my start page set to duckduckgo. Epic Privacy browser is nothing short of awesome- it has a built in adblocker, a built in tracker disabler and a lot of other privacy oriented features. When I get my VPN setup up next month, this will just be an added benefit.

I have a high-end Asus Router and I will have to install VPN firmware on it (which is honestly the most expensive part of getting a VPN). The VPN software has a lot of features which can be found here : https://www.flashrouters.com/learn/router-basics/benefits-of-open-source-firmware

One of the biggest benefits of having a VPN (besides security and privacy) is that I live in an area where I don't good great sports channels- if I have a VPN I could pick a server where I get a lot more content.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Once again, why do you need security with Netflix or Hulu? Using a VPN to talk to the internet doesn't protect your information (in fact, I would argue that it's worse,) and that it only makes you appear to be somewhere you're not. There is nothing inherently safe about using a VPN to communicate over the internet except to attempt to maintain anonymity which you already don't have with Netflix and Hulu because you have an account you're paying for. So, I'm not exactly sure what your beef is. VPN services block it because it eats up a ton of bandwidth and a lot of CPU to encrypt the VPN traffic (relatively speaking.)

Honestly, using an IP blacklist and having an aggressive firewall where dropping packets is the default rule for income traffic is far more effective than hiding behind a VPN.

I understand but, be nice. This is a learning opportunity.

Even though i do agree with you for the most part, there is nothing private about Netflix as a lot of devices use Google DNS to actually work, and Google is not private.

But how i see it your just giving the data to even more people in the end anyways lol.

I agree with you. It is the most common problem with VPNs. I am a gamer and I love to play online games. I was a user of HMA and Experss VPN. Problem I had with these VPNs is slow internet connection. So I had to look for alternative. Currently I am using https://hidester.com/. It takes usally 10 seconds to connect and doesn't make my internet connection slow.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1
I agree with you. It is the most common problem with VPNs. I am a gamer and I love to play online games. I was a user of HMA and Experss VPN. Problem I had with these VPNs is slow internet connection. So I had to look for alternative. Currently I am using https://hidester.com/. It takes usally 10 seconds to connect and doesn't make my internet connection slow.
Holy thread-necro, Batman!

If you're using a VPN for streaming or games, you're doing it wrong. Any VPN will be slower than just using your internet connection outright.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Holy thread-necro, Batman!

If you're using a VPN for streaming or games, you're doing it wrong. Any VPN will be slower than just using your internet connection outright.
I can say that when I use my works VPN at my home my Internet bandwidth goes from 25/2 to 200+/200+ ...... up/down .... Now this VPN service is provided to a huge Corporation and that's probably why and I never seen any of these fly by VPN services like for example Betternet VPN even coming close to the example I have given above.

EDIT: Corporate VS Consumer level VPN...apple to oranges I guess.

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
I can say that when I use my works VPN at my home my Internet bandwidth goes from 25/2 to 200+/200+ ...... up/down .... Now this VPN service is provided to a huge Corporation and that's probably why and I never seen any of these fly by VPN services like for example Betternet VPN even coming close to the example I have given above.

EDIT: Corporate VS Consumer level VPN...apple to oranges I guess.
I'm calling bullshit on that one. There is no way that a VPN can make your internet go faster than it actually is. You're probably describing remote desktop to a machine on that network via a VPN but, you'll never see faster speeds when tunneling through it. Remote desktop is viewing a machine actually on that network, not using VPN for actual network traffic, just for the RDP connection.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I'm calling bullshit on that one. There is no way that a VPN can make your internet go faster than it actually is. You're probably describing remote desktop to a machine on that network via a VPN but, you'll never see faster speeds when tunneling through it. Remote desktop is viewing a machine actually on that network, not using VPN for actual network traffic, just for the RDP connection.

Get on YOUR corporate VPN and see for your self....I call bullshit on he who hasn't.:p

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Im not going to go into a whole thing because A) I dont want to, and B) it's not what youre looking for.

To everyone else, I can understand why as a streamer he may want one. If he is, or hopes to be, a successful streamer, he will want to mask his IP address so that way his location isnt given away to random's on the interwebs and potentially be a victim of swatting.

Look into Torguard and Tunnelbear. AFAIK, both dont log user data.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
I can say that when I use my works VPN at my home my Internet bandwidth goes from 25/2 to 200+/200+ ...... up/down ....
You're just flat out lying.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
I can say that when I use my works VPN at my home my Internet bandwidth goes from 25/2 to 200+/200+ ...... up/down .

Home Internet 25/2 guess that's your paid plan!!!.
Then you VPN and suddenly get 200+/200+
your either delusional or your ISP is Screwing you on your Original Plan Re possible connection Speeds
Your Saying that you get an 8x speed/connection boost by using VPN for no extra cost
Sorry but that's a Donald to much to believe
Pics for comparison or the internet will call you a fox news item forever and you lose your credibility especially here :)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
Get on YOUR corporate VPN and see for your self....I call bullshit on he who hasn't.:p
I have been on a VPN both personal and enterprise and I can assure you that it isn't faster than your internet or the internet at the office. I can safely tell you that you're full of crap and the only way you'd be able to do this is by using remote desktop into a machine on that network and running a speed test inside the network you're VPNing into.

If you're internet is limited to 25/2, that's the best you'll ever see over a VPN tunnel and it is likely to always be less because the VPN overhead for different clients varies between 8 and 20% (more overhead for encryption.) I was also a system administrator for several years and managed a VPN and network for a business. Stop spreading fud and show me proof that your VPN makes your internet go faster through a VPN tunnel and not on a remote machine but, I suspect you won't because it's impossible.

The funny thing about math and computer science is that unless there is a problem, stuff has to add up and your claim does not.

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I think at this point, it's a good time to make a Necro thread....... well Necro for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.