• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
What I do not understand is...

why, when there is a thread for W10, and this thread was supposed to be for W7 and W8, there are so many posts about W10.

Installed new build, nice to see they finally fixed it.... But... after few months with different set up somehow I don't like this dts connect anymore. In the menatime I had toslink cable connected as usual from alc888 to logitech z-5500 with 2ch 24bit 48khz stream and let pro logic 2 do its own thing on preamp. Music sounds better that way than native dts stream. It's richer, more fulifiled, positioning more pronounced and less compressed at least with this hardware combination.:rolleyes:

rxracer

Well In other hand I have witnessed a lot of Creative Z ,ZX users and of course Realtak users facing the same issue and specially the ZX users are crazy as they paid quite some money for their hardware , so how can this people have Z working on Creator ? Can you point me out so I can see , read and maybe get some clue ? Because if it works on their Encoders it should be working on Realtek . I have OMNI 5.1 and I can say 100% it doesn't work and it use the same SBX software only less features like DTS Interactive for example .
What works for both is PASS THROUGH Dolby Digital and DTS but not Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive/Connect

It's kinda moot now that DDL/DTS are working again, but this thread has some people reporting that it still worked- https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119477#p1347987

One thing. In defence of Dj Urko, Dolby Digital Plus IS a hardware encoding system. The only problem with DD+ is that the much higher bitrate means it was intended to be transported over HDMI, not S/PDIF. It's not technically backward compatible with DDL.

However dvojinov, I agree with you about the misconceptions/confusion regarding the often gimmicky software 'enhancers', and proper hardware encoding systems like Dolby 'Digital Live/Plus/TrueHD', DTS etc. Most of the software stuff does more to ruin sound than it does enhance it.

@Dj Urko - Does your driver mod with DD+ also include support for DDL? Or do you need someone to test it to find out?

@lukjod - Possible, given it's a pretty big screw up. Guess it depends on how much they value people still using optical/toslink. Otherwise you'll be waiting until the next update in September. Microsoft have shifted to just two updates per year.

Last edited:
It's kinda moot now that DDL/DTS are working again, but this thread has some people reporting that it still worked- https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119477#p1347987

One thing. In defence of Dj Urko, Dolby Digital Plus IS a hardware encoding system. The only problem with DD+ is that the much higher bitrate means it was intended to be transported over HDMI, not S/PDIF. It's not technically backward compatible with DDL.

However dvojinov, I agree with you about the misconceptions/confusion regarding the often gimmicky software 'enhancers', and proper hardware encoding systems like Dolby 'Digital Live/Plus/TrueHD', DTS etc. Most of the software stuff does more to ruin sound than it does enhance it.

@Dj Urko - Does your driver mod with DD+ also include support for DDL? Or do you need someone to test it to find out?

@lukjod - Possible, given it's a pretty big screw up. Guess it depends on how much they value people still using optical/toslink. Otherwise you'll be waiting until the next update in September. Microsoft have shifted to just two updates per year.
Thank you very much yes my Friend I need someone who have SPDIF and HDMI to test my second driver mod the name is Dj Urko - realtek_hda_8090_Dolby_Harman_SRS_PCEE4viaSPDIF&HDMI.zip its designed to have Dolby Home Theater v4 and Dolby Digital plus only via SPDIF and HDMI its a lot of work for me to separated these effects the other effects like SRS premium sound and Dolby audio X2 and HARMAN are only for Speakers. So I dont have SPDIF Output in my computer please can you test this Driver mod and send me screenshots of your spdif Properties and hdmi properties and your advanced tab in Spdif and HDMI device Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition

Yeah! as you said it is "moot" ..some of them saying they fixed by installing the media pack , I did try but I cant install it on my system , some of them dont know the differences between Dolby Digital Live , DTS Interactive and Dolby & DTS altogether ...however as it is proven by Microsoft the problem lays on their end and it is fixed with latest insider build .
It si also fixed for Creative Labs OMNI 5.1 USB DDL only as it is DDL only capable it use SBX Studio however some older X-Fi cads still experiencing some issues but that looks more now as Creative issue not updating their drivers as they should and some panels doesn't work properly . However base encoding works for them as well .

So far I have no information when the fix will be pushed as final release or as a part of cumulative update or stand alone fix which I highly doubt , I believe if we are lucky they might push it through the next cumulative update . As one was just released recently It may be a good month from now when they going to release next and then no guaranties they going to implement the DTS-I / DDL fix :(

For now I stay on the Insider build as it fixed some other performance and gaming keyboard/mouse/controllers issues I experienced with Creator .

media pack fixes nothing, dts dd has always worked anyway, its dts interactive/connect and DDL that dont work, there completely different things as you explained.

rxracer

dts dd has always worked anyway, its dts interactive/connect and DDL that dont work...

After 72 pages I was pretty sure that went without saying.

@dvojinov - Are you angry at me? I can't tell! :)

Anyway, I haven't done forum arguments since I was a teenager. I know some people don't understand all the differences, and it's annoying, but all I said is it didn't seem that all devices were broken. Maybe I was wrong. Happens ALL the time ;). The main thing is it's all fixed now if you get on the Insider builds. So we should all be in good moods no?.

Thank you very much yes my Friend I need someone who have SPDIF and HDMI to test my second driver mod the name is Dj Urko - realtek_hda_8090_Dolby_Harman_SRS_PCEE4viaSPDIF&HDMI.zip its designed to have Dolby Home Theater v4 and Dolby Digital plus only via SPDIF and HDMI its a lot of work for me to separated these effects the other effects like SRS premium sound and Dolby audio X2 and HARMAN are only for Speakers. So I dont have SPDIF Output in my computer please can you test this Driver mod and send me screenshots of your spdif Properties and hdmi properties and your advanced tab in Spdif and HDMI device Thank you

I don't have a Dolby Digital Plus receiver. I am happy to test if it has working Dolby Digital Live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway, I haven't done forum arguments since I was a teenager. I know some people don't understand all the differences, and it's annoying, but all I said is it didn't seem that all devices were broken. Maybe I was wrong. Happens ALL the time ;). The main thing is it's all fixed now if you get on the Insider builds. So we should all be in good moods no?.
Yeh i know, but people getting it wrong all the time.

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620

Not at all why should I be . The only thing is some people tend to have EVERYTHING installed Pseudo 3D , DDL DTS-I , just have it all , give me more things , hack this , hack that ..not really sticking to the topic problem eventually creating additional ones . But that doesn't really work this way .

Here we are pretty clear what the issue is ..what is the fix and what eventually will be official fix .

On this pages most useful member if you ask me is PHYTO who created the DLL patcher which one can use and self modify every RTL driver . Im not sure he is still active or around ..hope he is .

I don't have a Dolby Digital Plus receiver. I am happy to test if it has working Dolby Digital Live.
please test it maybe I think that you will have DDL because its two programs Dolby home theater v4 and dolby digital plus home theater.
So in folder extras instal first Dolby tuning and profile creator with driver test debug then install realtek driver mod. after that run A2-V4.reg in folder extras to get dolby home theater v4 or when you install dolby digital plus from folder DS1 and other plugins restart your computer as advanced startup then disable driver signature and repair your dolby tuning and profile creator via programs and features its the same but different methods
I hope that you will have dolby digital plus and dolby home theater v4 in your spdif options I hope also to have dolby digital live and dolby digital output

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Dear Friends. NEW DRIVER
Working Enhancements: Sound Blaster XFi MB5, Dolby Digital Live, DTS Interactive, DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC, Dolby Home Theater (Virtual Speaker and Dolby ProLogic II).
(NOTES: Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, including Creators Update; Modified by ME; Test Mode must be enabled)
Link below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avmj2CMC-f2boyRmD3QPrR7Q4MnQ

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 742
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Dear Friends. NEW DRIVER
Working Enhancements: Sound Blaster XFi MB5, Dolby Digital Live, DTS Interactive, DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC, Dolby Home Theater (Virtual Speaker and Dolby ProLogic II).
(NOTES: Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, including Creators Update; Modified by ME; Test Mode must be enabled)
Link below:

Qestions :
1. how all of this works together and interact between
2. all of this works under Creator not latest INSIDER??
3. what did you do to connect hardware encoders with windows Creator on low level driver basis to communicate to encoders ..which part of source code did you write or modified that DDL and DTS-I is working ?
4. what exactly did you modified ? I see a quite old Realtek driver you use
5. What exactly does SB XFi MB5 pure software solution with Dolby Digital Live and DTS-I when in fact it doesn't support it in first place , what programimg magic did you do to implement it ?

http://www.creative.com/oem/products/software/x-fimb5.asp

wwww666668

I am currently doing Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8036 + Suite Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 1.00.19 + Dolby Audio V2 but only 2 election 1
8.jpg

Attachments

• 1534.jpg
    1534.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 1,001
Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
omg wtf is this ?

ifpmaximus34

Dear Friends. NEW DRIVER
Link below:

It installed fine doubly audio x2 isnt installed just sdk installed one frome wwwww66668 in showing but pressing music dynami dosent have anyeffect it just there but does nothing and creative sound blaster sayz current selected auido device is disable not present not supported by application or has unplugged jack connections,but both dolby theater and dts work perfecly fine.My audio codec is alc887 if that helps fixing bug or its fake,no virus so far at least its safe.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
i
It installed fine doubly audio x2 isnt installed just sdk installed one frome wwwww66668 in showing but pressing music dynami dosent have anyeffect it just there but does nothing and creative sound blaster sayz current selected auido device is disable not present not supported by application or has unplugged jack connections,but both dolby theater and dts work perfecly fine.My audio codec is alc887 if that helps fixing bug or its fake,no virus so far at least its safe.

It is complete and utter BS ..but have fun with it ...I inspected the package NO WAY it does what is written in description , it is a pirated XFi MB5 with old moded realtek drivers , however MB5 works normally on any realtek driver without any specific modification ..so like I said BS ! NOTHING TO DO WITH ORIGINAL TOPIC

ifpmaximus34

The link above me
Realtek 6.0.1.8036 + Suite Sound Blaster X-Fi MB51.00.19 + Dolby Audio V2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0PpVQXALC2AOUNndkQ4NzVfNEU/view?usp=sharing
key:本音效由APK台灣中文網 o夢天使o 修改與上傳

How can i let him 2 can be used?
This one sayz registy malufuction meaning inf in the x64 is defected i did all steps no hope.Still my codec is alc887 and win 10 x64 creator update ,if that helps fix your future release,but seems no hope so far. Somebody else may comfirms that these 2 users modification works on account older than a year would be nice :)

This one sayz registy malufuction meaning inf in the x64 is defected i did all steps no hope.Still my codec is alc887 and win 10 x64 creator update ,if that helps fix your future release,but seems no hope so far. Somebody else may comfirms that these 2 users modification works on account older than a year would be nice :)
No comment

ifpmaximus34

i

It is complete and utter BS ..but have fun with it ...I inspected the package NO WAY it does what is written in description , it is a pirated XFi MB5 with old moded realtek drivers , however MB5 works normally on any realtek driver without any specific modification ..so like I said BS ! NOTHING TO DO WITH ORIGINAL TOPIC
any way include the dolby audio x2 setup for x64 m
i

Anyway thanks that dts enhance bass setting is fuking awesome much better than srs premium sound,thanks man brings back my lenovo y700 exllent sound it had but i'd like if you could provide doulb audio x2 package cause sdk is installed only the app missing ,sdk version 0.7.5.65 need same version for app if you may have it or anyone?

any way include the dolby audio x2 setup for x64 m

Anyway thanks that dts enhance bass setting is fuking awesome much better than srs premium sound,thanks man brings back my lenovo y700 exllent sound it had but i'd like if you could provide doulb audio x2 package cause sdk is installed only the app missing ,sdk version 0.7.5.65 need same version for app if you may have it or anyone?
only my mod provide dolby audio X2

ifpmaximus34

only my mod provide dolby audio X2
THanks it worked,can you tell me how you added dolby audio x2 it seems dosent need a hack more like a reg edit before installing or inf seems if i install you driver then delete and install latest realtek 6.0.1.8125 WHQL without test mode it gives me latest doulby audio x2,seems its a registry leftover that triggers it or smth,would be appreciated for newer versions cause latest version of dolby audio is much cleaner for me:)

Last edited: