• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Announces Leadership Changes

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
In an email today, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced changes to the company's leadership team: "Today I'm writing to share two important leadership transitions on our executive leadership team. Diane Bryant has made the difficult decision to take a leave of absence from Intel to tend to a personal family matter. She is stepping away for the next six to eight months. Given the extended duration, an interim leader for the Data Center Group (DCG) is not possible. As a result, I have asked Navin Shenoy to take the position of general manager of DCG.

DCG is a central part of our transformation and corporate strategy to make Intel the driving force of the data revolution. Over the past five years, Diane has transformed DCG from a server-centric group to a business that spans servers, network and storage across all end-user segments, and with product lines and business models that extend beyond the traditional. DCG's leading products and strategies - driving industry transformations' to pervasive cloud computing, virtualization of network infrastructure, and adoption of artificial intelligence solutions - have positioned the business to be the growth driver for Intel. I want to thank Diane for her outstanding leadership and I will announce her next role upon her return.

Navin will now report to me in this role. Since joining Intel in 1995, Navin has held leadership roles in the CEO's office, sales and marketing, and the PC and tablet businesses. Most recently, as general manager of the Client Computing Group (CCG), he was responsible for the P&L, strategy and product development. Information about the succession plan for Navin as the general manager of CCG will be provided over the coming weeks. In the interim, Murthy Renduchintala will be CCG's acting leader.

Navin and Diane have been instrumental to Intel's success and our executive leadership team over the past few years. They will work closely together for the next month to ensure a smooth transition for the organization and our customers.

Management changes can be distracting, but it is critical that we all give Navin, Diane and the CCG leadership team our full support during this transition and focus on delivering leadership products and executing flawlessly. And, it goes without saying that my thoughts are with Diane. I look forward to welcoming her back to her next challenging role."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The end is nigh.

... I've said that so many times. Alright, fine.

The end is far.

System Name m1dg3t | DeathBox | HairPi 3
Processor 3570k @ 4.0 1.15v BIOS | q9550 @ 3.77 1.325v BIOS
Motherboard Asrock z77e iTX | p5q Dlx 2301 BIOS
Cooling Custom Water | D-14 & HR-03gt | Passive HSF
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D 4g x 2 @ 1866 1.35v | OcZ RpR 2g x 4 @ 1067 2.2v
Video Card(s) MSi 7950 tf3 @1000 / 1350 | Asus 5870 V2 @ 900 / 1275
Storage Adata sx900 256Gb / WD 2500 HHTZ | WD 1001 FALS x 2
Display(s) BenQ gw2750hm | 46" Sharp Quatron
Case BitFenix Prodigy - m0dd3d | Antec Fusion Remote MAX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink > Yamaha HTR 6290 | Xonar HDAV1.3 > Yamaha DSP z7
Power Supply Ocz mXp700w | Ocz zx850w | Cannakit 5v 2.5a
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G9x - Cable Repaired
Keyboard TT Meka G1 - Black w Cherry Blacks| Logitech G11
Software Win7 Home | Xp sp3 & Vista ultimate | Raspbian
Benchmark Scores Epeen!! Who needs epeen??
HeHe Naples somethin somethin...

???

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
The end is nigh.

... I've said that so many times. Alright, fine.

The end is far.
Intel will be fine, no need to contemplate suicide...

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Intel has been attempting to move away from the pc business for a while now, they appear serious this time. You'd have to imagine datacenters being a big part of their future path seeing how poorly they compete in the mobile market. (phones, tablets, internet of things etc)

that might be why AMD decided to re-launch a more serious cpu at this point in time. If intel wants to fade out of that market someone needs to provide for those of us who still want/need them.

datacenters can chew up alot of chips, it just doesn't seem anywhere near what consumer markets can do though. I'm curious what other paths intel will be taking going forward. The company itself will be fine, just as IBM was when it left the pc business. But what will they be doing?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This really doesn't look all that exciting. Move along :p

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Maybe Intel should change the strategy Idiot(s) that are deciding that they should release CPUs with max 5% performance increase every year. Now that would be something.

Intel has been attempting to move away from the pc business for a while now, they appear serious this time. You'd have to imagine datacenters being a big part of their future path seeing how poorly they compete in the mobile market. (phones, tablets, internet of things etc)

that might be why AMD decided to re-launch a more serious cpu at this point in time. If intel wants to fade out of that market someone needs to provide for those of us who still want/need them.

datacenters can chew up alot of chips, it just doesn't seem anywhere near what consumer markets can do though. I'm curious what other paths intel will be taking going forward. The company itself will be fine, just as IBM was when it left the pc business. But what will they be doing?
DCG is already their biggest chunk of profits, is also their most consistent revenue/profit growing avenue. What they'll likely do next is move away (completely?) from misadventures, or unmitigated disasters like the atom in the near future. They really have to, because if the AMD, ARM or IBM server threat is real then they're not in a position to do a conroe (minus the OEM payoffs) type of revival anytime soon. However as many others have said repeatedly, Intel's expiry date is not in sight anytime in the near future.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Maybe Intel should change the strategy Idiot(s) that are deciding that they should release CPUs with max 5% performance increase every year. Now that would be something.
you do realize this is exactly what automakers do and they're doing just fine. At the height of the PC Intel could have easily released a 5% performance increase year over year without any backlash from the market. Now that the nature of the PC is changing and they missed the boat on the mobility platforms they have to consider what Intel looks like going forward. The 7700K vs 6700K vs 4790K doesn't really affect the longterm outcome. It's such a tiny fraction of the market.

Intel has been in the storage market for some time and usually are at the forefront on the new tech developments related to that. The trouble for them is (as I've told our intel rep several times) is that Intel storage is so expensive and not near the fastest that I have a hard time seeing any value in the line. Not when I can get 2 or 3 crucial drives for the same price that will last over 5 years each. Can they become competitive with samsung and crucial? Likely, its Intel. Will they, and do they think this market is part of their future portfolio? Not sure.

The Intel Nuc is a great little machine platform. 2 drives, up to 32GB memory, most models have 4 threads, etc. But for me, shuttle kindly took that base platform and made it to what I needed it to be. Dual nic, 6-8 usb, completely fanless and with ssd's has no moving parts whatsoever. All while undercutting our Intel directly indirect (you have to be a partner to buy direct, we put the order in with a facilitator and then deal with the manufacturer directly after that) pricing.

For severs sure there's no way I'd buy anything else as I'm not completley changing my platform trying to chase mythic cost savings by switching to arm. Even if the hardware is cheaper the developer time for the switch and the cost of bringing in new experts completely wipes out any cost savings.

But where else is Intel going? Are they moving in AI? Driverless cars? Consumer metrics? I don't see a clear direction for the company right now. Their bread and butter is drying up and they have their toes in many things, but no feet yet.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
wonder what the personal matter was.... I'd gladly take over for her lol