• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Jews never get offended.
They're too busy reminding everyone of "their" suffering, maybe if they stopped wailing, they would have time.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
They're too busy reminding everyone of "their" suffering, maybe if they stopped wailing, they would have time.

If you take the current Israeli PM out of the equation (he's an ass) then the Jewish people have a lot to 'wail' about. Persecuted by almost everyone, attempted genocide by Nazis and ongoing hatred in the middle East.
Yes, Israel has some arrogant policies but when all your neighbours hate you (and technically your people were there first, millennia ago) it's easy to see why they're a bit prickly.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Awesome post. Very informative. Question, can your government draft? I ask because it sounds like you have cut back so much for social spending you can no longer defend yourself properly. I say this from an ignorant point of view of UK politics. Am I somewhat correct in my assumption?
Under existing legislation we cannot "Draft" if that means pulling people off the street, putting them in a uniform, training them then keeping them for a couple of years, over here we call it conscription. As far as defending ourselves is concerned, the thinking is that is only required if there is a perceived conventional threat ...... there is not, not my thinking, just the way it is.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
go in there and eradicate the problem

I would wholeheartedly agree with this course of action.The issue is this: I hear a lot of people say "why don't we just carpet bomb ISIS", and then I ask them "Where would you bomb then?"
There isn't just a big group of religious extremists hanging around in a neat little building off the dirt track in Syria. They're everywhere, living in caves, living just down the street from you. They're less of a beehive, more of a rainforest fungus colony.

Got in a bit of a heated debate with my girl friend last night, she was complaining about why the government wasn't doing more to stop terrorism. The following analogy seemed the easiest fit:

if 100,000 people die a year in the UK, about 40 of those are from terrorist attacks. The other 90-odd percent are from things like stabbings, cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses. I'd rather the government spent the money ensuring the health of the masses than spending millions on preventing deaths through terrorism. You're about ten times more likely to die falling out of bed than you are of a terrorist attack, but you don't see MI6 putting IKEA bunk beds on a watch list and having spyplanes following the delivery trucks.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
But that's the point, had we have eradicated the problem in the early days they would not have that global spread, there would have been a couple of thousand of them in Northern Iraq, it's our and others inaction that has got us to this point. I am not talking about invading countries and failing to support their infrastructure afterwards, take a look at the Pakistani issues regarding Al Qaeda, successive US governments were paying them Billions annually to stem the tide, tighten up their security and eradicate the training bases whilst all the time they just continued as normal, inactivity never lessens the threat, it just serves as a tool of escalation.

I totally get the lack of appetite after lengthy campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq and acknowledge that had we have done better there we possibly could have avoided the current situation but until we accept and understand that fundamentalism will always exist and that we can never run from it we can never truly protect our people.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
Fundamentalism is a misnomer. It's more like extremism. A fundamentalist should follow the basics of an ideology. Extremism is taking an interpretation to its limits and beyond.

Jewish extremism drives animosity in the middle East (settlements etc). Wahabism drives the Islamic extremism which despises a moderate, tolerant state. And unfortunately, a right wing Christian extremism sees Islam as unworthy of respect and makes it easy to villify as an entire faith.

Military intervention does nothing. You can't destroy faith unless you eliminate all the followers. Unfortunately, we as a 'democratic' liberal country think democracy is the only way forward.
It's absolutely not. Some states require a more controlling oversight.

And let's not forget, state sponsored terrorism has been with us for decades. Accidental downings of Iranian passenger jet, Lockerbie, blah, blah, blah....

Not going to stop.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
But that's the point, had we have eradicated the problem in the early days they would not have that global spread, there would have been a couple of thousand of them in Northern Iraq, it's our and others inaction that has got us to this point. I am not talking about invading countries and failing to support their infrastructure afterwards, take a look at the Pakistani issues regarding Al Qaeda, successive US governments were paying them Billions annually to stem the tide, tighten up their security and eradicate the training bases whilst all the time they just continued as normal, inactivity never lessens the threat, it just serves as a tool of escalation.

I totally get the lack of appetite after lengthy campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq and acknowledge that had we have done better there we possibly could have avoided the current situation but until we accept and understand that fundamentalism will always exist and that we can never run from it we can never truly protect our people.

As an American I thought going full throttle in Afghanistan was a mistake. My uncle was their in the 1980's advising the Mujahideen against the Russians. He said the best way to do that war in his opinion was with small groups of SF operators. Afghans don't like big foreign footprints from you know.......past experience with the UK and Russia. What did we do? BALL DEEP invasion. 10+ years we are still there for pretty much no reason at this point. Iraq I was VERY against even though Saddam had broke just about every UN resolution there was. Did he deserve to be invaded? Yup, according to UN rules he did. Instead of getting the world to act we had daddy Bush talking about WMD's. Yeah he had em. Everyone does. Who cares. We should have NEVER went in. With that being said we did, and once we did we should have FINISHED. Obama keeping naïve promises made us pull out. HUGE mistake. Everyone with half a brain knew that was a bad idea. All that treasure and blood lost to create a damn power vacuum. Guys like @brandonwh64 spent their young adult life there for no reason at this point all for Obama to say he did something. IMO he did nothing but, create ISIS.

Sadly you wanna blame inaction on yourselves.....you would be right. BUT, you guys aint the only ones that dropped the ball. I think its time we go in balls deep and basically lock up the north boarder with Russia closing in on the top. Kick out ALL the refugees of your nations and setup safe zones in some Arab countries for a change.

Also if you think I should feel guilty for saying such things, I don't. I'm done with being PC. The world needs to go old school or lose its native culture. There is no other choice at this point. Them ISIS boys are playing for keeps. Its time to put the PC aside and show them what Europeans and Americans (European in decent) do when we get pushed to far.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
Also if you think I should feel guilty for saying such things, I don't. I'm done with being PC. The world needs to go old school or lose its native culture. There is no other choice at this point. Them ISIS boys are playing for keeps. Its time to put the PC aside and show them what Europeans and Americans (European in decent) do when we get pushed to far.

Nothing you say is wrong so it would be foolish for someone to think you should feel guilty. Believe it or not I would classify myself as a liberal - I'm all for equality and acceptance. I'm also an atheist but my United Kingdom is one that is born on the back of religious enlightenment and tolerance. The UK is a secular country in political terms but it's culture is definitively christian, even if we do not practice we are still part of that culture. I firmly beleive if you have an issue with the UK's culture - you should fuck off elsewhere. Look at our history and our current systems. If you want to integrate (i.e. our UK Sikh communties are very open and firmly embedded in our culture) then you are welcome. If you want to change us - you've got it all wrong.

I would never dream of going to Saudi and demand womans rights and what not. I know how they are so I have no interest in being part of that shitty culture of misogynistic dominance.

Its not, 'not PC' to say - integrate or get out, it's natural. I wouldnt go in to a vegan restaurant and ask for beef. I'll get me a steakhouse for that.

We've had our disagreements but we're probably closer than you think on the core values.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Two posts that I firmly agree with, hell I had an facebook argument with a long term friend earlier cause I said I don't like a certain religion after they posted some crap about it not being all of them.... my point was I don't agree with certain aspects, not the people, the religion... and of course someone of said religion jumped in with the race card which they're all so quick to do, who's racist in that case, I'm sick of the apologist crap being posted after these atrocities for these people, instead of doing that get off your asses and weed these people out of your communities and you will see what it's like to integrate and be a part of a great culture and country, instead they're too busy saying it's not all of it's whilst calling the rest of us racist...

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Thread is going to close to the Race /religion thingie for the comfort of the mod team ( i suspect ) .
we need a new subject to discuss

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Thread is going to close to the Race /religion thingie for the comfort of the mod team ( i suspect ) .
we need a new subject to discuss

Not really, This thread falls under The Lounge section which only has these rules

Threads that should/will be closed
  • Threads that request forums to participate in something illegal. For example, we will not tolerate threads requesting how to pirate Windows, where to buy marijuana, how to compromise a PC, etc.
  • Threads started purely for the sake of starting a thread, aka a "spam thread".
  • Threads with sexual content or of a sexual nature
  • Threads focused on violence, hate or that are homophobic
  • Spammed advertisements

Political posts in threads are not in that list but over aggressive posts will be frowned. Yea sucks what happened in Manchester.

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
sorry but its a Clubhouse thread not a lounge thread
Pertaining to uk events, news and anything related but yes I agree, apart from my previous post there are other places for such talk, and the uk clubhouse has been here for years with a very large following and activity so I think the decision to move it a couple of years ago was withdrawn

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
So feckin hot here im actually considering a downclock but due to the crunching and folding challenge i cant , ill Have to go pub and watch the match ,i cant sit in here.
Shits rolling on in Manchester , just like it should.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Stunning weather here and my daughter is off to the Brecon Beacons camping, wish i was going....its where i grew up.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
For those wondering, some posts have been removed, and a cleanup has occurred after. Please move on to a different topic. :D

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Next hgh tide is 06.44 in the morning, the sunrise over the water will look amazing.

Just now
20170524_203645.jpg

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Been a lovely hot sunny day here wish i had some cold tinnies to enjoy tonight

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Well all of my Ryzen build parts should be here by Friday, I have had motherboard, PSU and HDD sitting in a box for 3 weeks whilst I got the money together for the rest, I was going to buy an RX 580 but grabbed an awesome bargain of an Asus DCii RX 290x on ebay for £110 shipped yesterday and couldnt really pass it up at that price. Pulled the trigger on the Ryzen 1600 tonight for £205 delivered by Scan, case and RAM also enroute, hopefully I'll have all of it by Friday and a working, "budget" orientated Ryzen build operational by Friday evening :D :toast:

Last edited by a moderator:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
:D

way to bag a bargain....nice one

I know, the guy had literally just listed it and I was sniping for a newly listed bargain, didnt realise he said collection only in the description as at £105 I just looked at the condition of the card, his feedback and hit buy now, luckily for me when I explained he agreed to ship it for an extra £5, the next cheapest one was about £150 :toast:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap