• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ballistix Introduces the Tactical Tracer DDR4 Gaming Modules With RGB Capability

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Ballistix has announced the DDR4 version of their Tactical Tracer memory modules, with the new memory type allowing for the usual DDR4 speeds, starting at 2,666 MHz. Since these share the same brains as the non-RGB tactical modules the company already distributes, one can expect timings (CAS latencies of 15 and 16), speeds and voltages (starting at 1.20V) to be in-line with previous offerings. These include the usual tactical Tracer specs, including XMP profiles, a black PCB, and customizable heat spreaders. The RGB lighting allows users to tailor the look of their memory according to their chosen rig color scheme, while offering at-a-glance temperature control (blue is cool, red is not.) All RGB features are controlled through yet another RGB controller software: in this case, the Ballistix M.O.D. (Memory Overview Display) software.

The customizable heat spreaders don't stop on the RGB lighting options, though; actually, Ballistix is offering a removable module for the heat-spreaders that users can customize by 3D printing substitute parts. The company is providing the 3D printer design files on its website, though you should be able to build upon them with your own. This is one of the most interesting features of these modules, though I wager we'll see a much higher 3D printing penetration once those little machines that can get their pricing further reduced (make no mistake - 3D printing is one of the most promising consumer technologies. Pricing information is currently unavailable, though Ballistix said the Tactical Tracer DDR4 RGB modules will be available in Q3 - with a limited lifetime warranty to boot.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 5820K
Motherboard MSI X99S SLI PLUS
Cooling Corsair H110i GT /w 2 Noctua iPPC NF A-14
Memory 32GB @ 2666 MHz Crucial
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + 2x Kingston V300 120 GB
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Aune X1s (Dac) + Drop THX AAA 789
Power Supply Corsair RM750i
Mouse Xtrfy M4 RGB
Keyboard Logitech G513
I don't really get what you're going at. yes, they use the thumbnail of a youtube video to show how it would like in your system. Should they show the entire video instead or make their demo just to get the pictures?

No. They even credited crucial as a source. Nothing is stolen or taken.
From the 1st and 3rd pic new DDR4 Tracers dont have so called ground effect leds. While the thumbnail of youtube video are the DDr3 tracers not DDR4 tracers, each generation Crucial has changed design of tracers. So if you like being mislead then yeah be happy with random thumbnails from youtube videos.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
From the 1st and 3rd pic new DDR4 Tracers dont have so called ground effect leds. While the thumbnail of youtube video are the DDr3 tracers not DDR4 tracers, each generation Crucial has changed design of tracers. So if you like being mislead then yeah be happy with random thumbnails from youtube videos.
Some people are ignorant. Or assholes trying to stir shit. Sometimes both.