• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Announces Fluid Gaming: Sets a New Standard for Water Cooling!

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
EK Water Blocks, the market leader in PC custom liquid cooling, is launching its new brand created for PC gamers called EK Fluid Gaming. Bringing the best price/performance ratio imaginable, it's set to change how water cooling is perceived. This is real EKWB water cooling at an affordable price thanks to innovative patent pending technology.

The benefits of liquid cooling of CPUs and especially GPUs have never been so obvious as air cooling solutions are struggling to cope with cooling demands of modern PC hardware. Air-cooled PCs tend to suffer from loud noise and overheating, something that no gamer wants to hear and see as it degrades performance of hardware, furthermore preventing any serious overclocking! Liquid cooling is the best solution for rapid heat removal due to its unmatched thermal heat dissipation. It is the only solution that allows successful heat removal from critical spots with zero noise pollution!

Speaking with gamers around the world has given us a very clear picture that building a PC is a wonderful experience. Once you do it yourself and see how easy it is, you become addicted. But like all great things, building a PC requires a certain budget and usually, this budget is limited to a certain hardware price range. Custom liquid cooling tends to be expensive and only a small number of people can afford it. We wanted to change that! We found a way to make it all much more affordable with new aluminum technology that brings great performance for almost half the price of our core enthusiast lineup.

"We believe every gamer should experience the joy of putting together a PC with a full custom liquid cooling solution. Every gamer should enjoy gaming on a silent PC with high FPS and low temps. Every gamer should be able to overclock his gaming PC and see what hardware is really capable of. With EK Fluid Gaming, we are now enabling you to do just that - a legendary liquid cooling solution at a very affordable price." - Mark Tanko, EKWB CEO

For the price of good closed loop all-in-one unit, you can now get your own custom loop solution that is expandable and will look amazing. EK Fluid Gaming is offering you optimized kits for CPU and GPU cooling, something that is hard to achieve with the basic AIOs, especially if you want your system to run super silently! Our vast knowledge in thermal engineering has helped us to overcome the differences in materials thus allowing us to create a solution that even the most hardcore enthusiasts would love to have.

Do not fear the unknown! Yes, you will need to assemble the EK Fluid Gaming kit but we had beginners in mind. Everything has been designed to be as easy as possible and we have devised a detailed step-by-step video tutorial for every kit. An error-preventing installation design is implemented with all of our EK Fluid Gaming cooling gear so it is as easy as installing any other cooling solution. If you have any questions about the installation process, you can count on our legendary support team that can help you out anytime!

EK Fluid Gaming products bring incredibly pure and minimalistic design for gamers to experience what enthusiasts and past customers of EK have known for years. Just like liquid shapes itself to an object, EK Fluid Gaming water blocks merge with your hardware. EK Fluid Gaming is the next revolutionary step in PC cooling that will enable high-end hardware to perform at its maximum.

Technical Highlights
Fluid Gaming products are available only as complete liquid cooling kits due to incompatibility with other copper-based liquid cooling parts available on the market from EKWB and other brands. We offer three different Fluid Gaming kits; A120, A240, and A240G.

A120 and A240 are focused on CPU cooling with different size radiators for heat dissipation, whereas A240G is the first custom liquid cooling kit on the market that offers both CPU and GPU cooling out of the box. Customers of the A120 and A240 kits will be able to upgrade to GPU cooling later on, rest assured!

EK-AluStream SE radiators offer high-class cooling performance for its thickness of less than 28mm. Dense aluminum fins combined with a slim profile provide a huge cooling surface, while the radiator remains highly compatible with most cases on the market. AluStream SE radiators are optimized for maximum heat dissipation across the entire operational range of the included industrial grade high-static pressure EK-Vardar fans thus delivering exceptional performance at both low and high airflow operation.

All three kits offer CPU cooling with EK-Supremacy AX, an evolution of the renowned high-end EKWB CPU water block that brings excellent performance and an attractive appearance! It's a universal water block that suits all modern CPU sockets on the market, both Intel and AMD.

The flagship EK Fluid Gaming kit, the A240G, includes a GeForce GTX water block that fits all the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 Series graphics cards as well as TITAN X Pascal and TITAN Xp graphics cards. A smooth-looking backplate is included! AMD Vega will get its own kit once it hits the market!

EK Fluid Gaming kits come with EKWB's own SPC series PWM liquid cooling pump with integrated reservoir. This combo offers premium hydraulic performance and full speed control for silent operation. Full performance on demand or whisper-quiet operation in idle mode.

To complete the full custom loop each EK Fluid Gaming kit comes with EK-ACF ALU fittings, EK-DuraClear transparent tubing, and the latest EK-CryoFuel coolant. Power and PWM cables, a pump holder and a detailed installation booklet that is accompanied by video installation tutorials on EK's YouTube channel are also included.

Availability and Pricing
EK Fluid Gaming kits are 100% designed and made in Slovenia, Europe and are already available for purchase directly through the EK webshop, exclusively through Newegg in the US, and Caseking.de and OCUK in Europe. The manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) excl.VAT are listed below.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11494...-fluid-gaming-series-open-loop-liquid-coolers

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
It just feels so lame that EK, a brand known for almost only high-end products, has involved in this "gaming" everything-crap. :(

The products of course aren't bad, but I just hate that gaming this gaming that..

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
Aluminum is unfortunately behind copper what is conductivity thermal electricity potential terms but the difference is not so great. Only all parts of the loupe must be non-conflict with each other metals.
Here I didnt detect pressing of aluminum which would improve the conductive properties of aluminum and the higher density would gain something in thermal conductivity. Aluminum is easier to process than all metals and is easier and cheaper products , it can do this by molding the shaped steel tool in a single pass obtain a part of GPU block. Whatever components are many and the price is favorable . Already reservoir with a pump could cost us more .. but when you are using copper it is difficult to decide on something else. Aluminum radiators can be purchased for ceiling and another GPU block with the advantage of two pumps in such a system . I am more interested in how well the joining of cooling surfaces under gaps or are flat. On the pictures seemed very not flat, even an angle ,is all twisted ?I. The radiator on the MSI product has provided is not enough in my opinion,

Last edited:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Oh, didn't even notice that it has an aluminium rad. I'd then get something similar with a copper radiator, a high-quality expandable AIO (Cooler Master Eisberg etc.) instead.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Oh, didn't even notice that it has an aluminium rad. I'd then get something similar with a copper radiator, a high-quality expandable AIO (Cooler Master Eisberg etc.) instead.

I would recommend not going that route. The Eisberg wasn't very good, and it is discontinued for a reason. Cooler Master does not have any expandable AIOs now.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
I would recommend not going that route. The Eisberg wasn't very good, and it is discontinued for a reason. Cooler Master does not have any expandable AIOs now.
Well, that was just an example. But copper block + copper rad would be the thing I'd go.

System Name Home desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 (4.6 GHz on 3 cores, 4.5 GHz on the other 3)
Motherboard ASUS X99-E WS
Cooling Switech H240-X (CPU); 8 NB eLoop 120mm B12-2 (intake case fans); 1 Swiftech Helix 140 (exhaust)
Memory Kingston 64GB DDR4 ECC
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix GTX1080 Ti OC Edition (for now)
Storage Intel SSD 750 (400 GB); Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB); Samsung 850 Pro (1 TB)
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp UP2715K (at 5120 x 2880)
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 (custom green exterior/white interior)
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC driving HiFiman EF-2A and HiFiman HE 400i
Power Supply Corsair AX1500i
Mouse Razer Mamba
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Chroma Stealth
Software Windows 10 x64
"It is the only solution that allows successful heat removal from critical spots with zero noise pollution!" Must be nice to engineer a loop that has no fans or pump. Zero is a pretty low number.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Well, that was just an example. But copper block + copper rad would be the thing I'd go.

Cool, and when you do just make sure the pump is up for it. A lot of these aren't really going to do more than support the CPU block itself. Swiftech is a proper exception though.

The goal with these kits is to get a full loop with ease of installation and expansion. Having a proper reservoir makes things so much easier.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cool, and when you do just make sure the pump is up for it. A lot of these aren't really going to do more than support the CPU block itself. Swiftech is a proper exception though.

The goal with these kits is to get a full loop with ease of installation and expansion. Having a proper reservoir makes things so much easier.
Yup, I know. When I go to liquid, of course I'll ask around for parts which have a good price/performance ratio, since I'm a total noob shen it comes to liquid cooling. :rolleyes:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
How are people missing the point that this kit is for value/performance?

System Name 3950X Workstation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact
Cooling Cryorig C1 with Noctua NF-A12x15
Memory G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1650 LP OC
Storage 2 x Corsair MP510 1920GB M.2 SSD
Case Realan E-i7
Power Supply G-Unique 400W
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/the-saga-of-the-little-gem-continues.12877/

Yeah, some people react as if EK is abandoning all their other products! What's the issue when they came up with a new product series to tap into another segment in the market: price- (rather than performance) sensitive and more novice than expert. Yes, there is no question mark in that sentence because it's not exactly a question ;)

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

IMO, it wasn't needed, and the aluminum is too much of a sacrifice.

The A240 is $160, but the S240(with all copper components) is only $200. Yeah, the A240 is a "custom" loop for only $160, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of a custom loop if you can't add anything to it because of the aluminum? It might as well be a sealed AIO at that point, and you can get an H100 for $100. Plus, the GPU block is only compatible with a few reference nVidia graphics cards. It's just too many trade-offs for a $40 savings. If they had managed to get the price down closer to the $110-120 range for the A240, then I might say it was a good value.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
IMO, it wasn't needed, and the aluminum is too much of a sacrifice.

The A240 is $160, but the S240(with all copper components) is only $200. Yeah, the A240 is a "custom" loop for only $160, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of a custom loop if you can't add anything to it because of the aluminum? It might as well be a sealed AIO at that point, and you can get an H100 for $100. Plus, the GPU block is only compatible with a few reference nVidia graphics cards. It's just too many trade-offs for a $40 savings. If they had managed to get the price down closer to the $110-120 range for the A240, then I might say it was a good value.

This is a new brand entirely from EK, with a new website separate from the rest of their product portfolio. Vega kits coming out next, and then individual components also to add on to existing loops. Right now, yes the kits are all you have.