• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NASA to create giant Red, Green and Blue artificial clouds visible from New York to North Carolina

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Stunning clouds of blue, green, and red will light up the skies from New York to North Carolina in the early hours of Saturday morning as NASA tests a new deployment system on a sounding rocket.

The test, which has been rescheduled three times to ensure optimal weather conditions, will see ten soda-can-sized canisters release cloud-forming vapour roughly 100 miles above the surface just before 5 a.m. (EDT).

The artificial clouds will glow with brilliant colour as the vapour interacts with elements in the atmosphere, allowing scientists to track the movement of particles.

According to NASA, the Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket will launch from the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia between 4:26 and 4:41 a.m. EDT.
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/missions/terrier-improvedMalemute.html#.WTJ9o2jyuUk

The clouds, also called vapour tracers, will be released at 96 to 124 miles above the surface, and pose no risks to people down below, the space agency says.

As barium, strontium, and cupric-oxide interacts with the atmosphere, the vapour creates clouds of blue-green and red.

‘The canisters will deploy between 4 and 5.5 minutes after launch blue-green and red vapour forming artificial clouds,’ according to NASA.

‘These clouds or vapour tracers allow scientist on the ground to visually track particle motions in space.

‘The development of the multi-canister or ampule ejection system will allow scientists to gather information over a much larger area than previously allowed when deploying the vapour just from the main payload.’

NASA will be livestreaming the launch on the Wallops Ustream site.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-tv-wallops

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Inb4 the first conspiracy theory about chem trails and whatnot

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
System Name lazy ass
Processor Intel i5 7600k 4.2 GHz
Motherboard MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Z270 (Z270 GAMING M3)
Cooling H80i GT V1 liquid cooling
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8G 11Gbps
Storage seagate 2tb HDD/boot drive SSD Samsung 960 evo M.2
Display(s) ASUS 28inch 4k
Case Corsair Graphite Series 760T
Audio Device(s) mobo
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750G1 750 watts
Mouse Razer Mamba wireless/ needs a new one razer sucks
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Software Windows 10 home
Benchmark Scores to be updated soon
This sucks I live on the east coast but won't be able to see it because I am in Utah now on vacation waiting for a clear night to see the Milky Way

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force TXKD416G3600HC18ADC01 16gbs XMP
Video Card(s) HP GTX1650 super 4gb
Storage MZVLB256HBHQ-000H1 PM981a (256GB)/3TB HDD
Display(s) Nitro XF243Y Pbmiiprx
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Keyboard Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
This sucks I live on the east coast but won't be able to see it because I am in Utah now on vacation waiting for a clear night to see the Milky Way

im sure they will be testing it again.

System Name lazy ass
Processor Intel i5 7600k 4.2 GHz
Motherboard MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Z270 (Z270 GAMING M3)
Cooling H80i GT V1 liquid cooling
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8G 11Gbps
Storage seagate 2tb HDD/boot drive SSD Samsung 960 evo M.2
Display(s) ASUS 28inch 4k
Case Corsair Graphite Series 760T
Audio Device(s) mobo
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750G1 750 watts
Mouse Razer Mamba wireless/ needs a new one razer sucks
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Software Windows 10 home
Benchmark Scores to be updated soon
Yea hopefully I be back home at the end of June

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
After weeks of delays and anticipation, NASA has finally launched its Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket, creating stunning artificial clouds of blue, green, and red that could be seen from New York to North Carolina.

The mission early this morning was the space agency’s thirteenth attempt at flight since it was first scheduled to launch May 31.

Nearly a month later, the rocket took off at 4:25 a.m. today from the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia, and deployed 10 canisters filled with colourful vapour over the course of its 8-minute flight, lighting up the sky in an ‘early July 4th light display.’

Announcing the successful launch on Twitter this morning, NASA Wallops revealed the clouds could be seen across much of the East Coast, with visibility stretching from Staten Island, NY to Outer Banks, North Carolina.

After launch, the rocket flew to an altitude of 118 miles, according to NASA.

The mission deployed ten soda-can-sized canisters, each containing cloud-forming vapour, roughly 100 miles above the surface just before 5 a.m. (EDT).

The artificial clouds will glow with brilliant colour as the vapour interacts with elements in the atmosphere, allowing scientists to track the movement of particles.

The clouds, also called vapour tracers, are released at 96 to 124 miles above the surface, and pose no risks to people down below, the space agency says.

As barium, strontium, and cupric-oxide interacts with the atmosphere, the vapour creates clouds of blue-green and red.

‘The canisters will deploy between 4 and 5.5 minutes after launch blue-green and red vapour forming artificial clouds,’ according to NASA.

‘These clouds or vapour tracers allow scientist on the ground to visually track particle motions in space.

The development of the multi-canister or ampule ejection system will allow scientists to gather information over a much larger area than previously allowed when deploying the vapour just from the main payload.’

VIDEO
http://content.jwplatform.com/previews/jIf1xtgb-LGVHcJDb