• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help finding software download please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davax

I have a Tasco Digital Microscope, new computer to load it into however I have misplaced the CD that has all the drivers on it. I have been searching for the drivers online with no luck. I have entered dozens of sites that show in Google that they have the software download I need but when I get to the site (even Tasco's) I find nothing of use. This is not a webcam so that driver does not work and that seems to be all I can find. The model of the microscope is 780200T. Anybody have an idea?

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
https://archive.org/details/tasco-cd

This site has an ISO of the original disc for the model 780200T. I believe that's what you need. As for it not being a camera, technically speaking, it really is. It's just designed to work as a microscope.

Last edited:

Davax

Thankyou, tried both the links before and again to no avail. I do appreciate the reply however.

https://archive.org/details/tasco-cd

This site has an ISO of the original disc for the model 780200T. I believe that's what you need. As for it not being a camera, technically speaking, it really is. It's just designed to work as a microscope.

I downloaded the file however when I extract and install, the program tells me that I have no video capture device

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I downloaded the file however when I extract and install, the program tells me that I have no video capture device
Make sure its plugged in while you install driver.

Ahhzz

Staff member
If you use the ISO, which appears to be the disc that you misplaced, and it still doesn't recognize the device, I would tend to think the issue lies another direction...

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Although I am not the greatest techie around, I did ensure it was plugged in...LOL...and yes, I tried every USB port too! :)
that's always a good option :) However, I am concerned about the hardware. Everything in me says that the links Robert and I provided should work. The fact that it's not, indicates to me that there's a problem upstream. Either the device has failed, the cable is bad, something else... Do you have any way to hook it to another computer just to see if it tries to load drivers? If it does, I'd be manually pointing it at the drivers on the disc and saying "I know you don't believe me, but this really is what I have!"

System Name Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-45-R715)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard AMD Promontory / Bixby FCH
Cooling Acer Nitro Sense
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Graphics (Cezanne) / NVIDIA RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ
Display(s) BOE CQ NE156QHM-NY3
Software Windows 11 beta channel

Does the hardware appear in device manager? Without driver it should show a yellow bang.

Did you install Windows 10 on your new computer?
The aforementioned Tasco CD reads 2010, probably not Windows 10 compatible.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Davax... I believe @StefanM is on the trail of the fox.

Seems the USB driver may not work in Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 after scouring the forums across the Interwebz.

That Tasco microscope was made by a company called Bightwell Technologies Ltd. in China... just a bit of info, here.

However, all may not be lost. I don't have one to test with to see if these options posted in this thread I found work or not... but, if, you are on WIndows 8, 8.1 or 10, then, you may want to try them.

The post I am quoting is a good starting point, possibly. Others were having trouble with .net and such. Some said that the software works, but the USB driver won't work.
A couple found different software work arounds.

Quote from BleepingComputer, USB microscope not working after Windows 10 update :

How to use USB Microscope previously OK on PC with Windows XP, 7, 8 but not working on a PC running Windows 10 ( say after update)

I too had problems with a USB microscope previously running perfectly on 2 computers I have - one running XP and the other running Windows 7

When I updated the Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 with the free update the microscope failed to work ( still OK on the XP computer)

I tried the work-arounds mentioned previously on this forum with no success.

I found a simple answer on the Microsoft help website - Windows 10 has a dedicated camera app and this worked for me. The app can be accessed on a Windows 10 computer as follows--

Connect the USB microscope to the computer as usual.

In "Search Windows" ( just to the right of START icon on the bottom bar ) enter Camera.

Usually the first (top) result will be the dedicated camera app (may see it as Camera- Trusted Windows Store App)

Click on this and hey presto you should see an image from your microscope and be able to take a photo

If worse comes to worse... try software and drivers from a vendor of Brightwell Products, like Dino-Lite's products

Also, this page at Dino-Lite is very interesting and may be of use... Using older models with Windows 8 and 10

Quote from the page and they have a solution, you could try:

By default Windows 8 and Windows 10 require that all device drivers have a digital signature. Some Dino-Lite models such as AM211, AM311(S)(H), AM313, AM411, and AM413 are older than Windows 8 and do not have a digital signature. To install these models on Windows 8 or above, the requirement for drivers to have a digital signature must be temporarily disabled.

Most of this is assuming you are on the newer Windows versions.

It does help troubleshooting, if the system specs are filled out.:)

Last edited:

Davax

that's always a good option :) However, I am concerned about the hardware. Everything in me says that the links Robert and I provided should work. The fact that it's not, indicates to me that there's a problem upstream. Either the device has failed, the cable is bad, something else... Do you have any way to hook it to another computer just to see if it tries to load drivers? If it does, I'd be manually pointing it at the drivers on the disc and saying "I know you don't believe me, but this really is what I have!"

I actually phoned the manufacturer and was told none of the links will work with Windows 10...thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.