• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Announces Sound BlasterX AE-5 Audiophile-grade Gaming Sound Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Creative Technology Ltd today announced at E3 2017 the latest addition to its Sound BlasterX Pro-Gaming Series, the Sound BlasterX AE-5. E3 is the world's premier event for computer, video and mobile games and related products, making it the perfect place to debut the next era of PC audio.

The sound card features the world's best gaming headphone amplifier for PCs. The Sound BlasterX AE-5 delivers the ultimate audio performance with the full force of a 122 dB 32-bit / 384 kHz ESS Sabre DAC, a kick-ass custom-designed 600Ω discrete headphone amp, audiophile-grade components, and proprietary Sound Blaster audio enhancement technologies.

Xamp Discrete Headphone Amp
Delivering an industry-leading gaming headphone amplification experience, the on-board headphone amplifier is custom-built using discrete transistors and audiophile-grade WIMA film/foil capacitors in a dual-amp design to satisfy the most demanding needs of today's intense games and high-resolution audio. Experience the difference of a discrete dual-amp design as each audio channel is individually amplified to deliver pristine, uncompromised audio. Plus, the high heat resistance of the German-made WIMA capacitors greatly reduces noise and audio interference. The Xamp's ultra low 1Ω output impedance also makes it perfectly capable of driving sensitive in-ear monitors as well as studio-grade headphones from 16Ω to 600Ω.

122 dB DNR Sabre-Class DAC with Industry Leading Audio Processing
At the heart of the Sound BlasterX AE-5 sound card is the quad-core Sound Core3D audio DSP and a 122dB ESS Sabre-Class DAC that instantly boosts regular motherboard audio with up to 32 times more clarity. The premium audiophile-grade DAC with its high dynamic range indulges users with up to 32-bit/384kHz lossless playback and true audio fidelity for high-definition audio in games, movies, and music.

Updated, refined and perfected through years of being the leader in sound processing, Creative's AE-5 is feature-packed with the latest and greatest version of Creative's award-winning audio processing and algorithms that improve music, movie and gaming experiences. The legendary Sound Blaster technologies provide fully customizable DSP-powered audio enhancements, crystal-clear vocal reproduction, in-game voice communication enhancements, 7.1 virtual surround sound and other advanced audio technologies.

World's First Sound Card with Integrated RGB Controller Powered by Aurora Reactive Lighting System
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 card is the first sound card to feature a built-in RGB controller that comes with the Aurora Reactive Lighting System. A separate RGB lighting system could set a user back by at least USD 50, but now, this is built into the card itself with the AE-5: giving users amazing value and performance for their system. This also means that valuable space within a gamer's desktop can be saved for other components.

The RGB controller, powered by Creative's very own Aurora Reactive Lighting System, not only lights up the card through the PCB, but also gives gamers the flexibility to build their dream gaming rig by connecting up to four LED strips to match the awesome sound with an awesome light show. The fully customizable Aurora Reactive Lighting System allows users to choose from multiple presets or program it with up to 16.8 million colors and various rhythms to choose from, using the Sound Blaster Connect PC software.

All New Scout 2.0 Feature
Scout 2.0 is an upgraded version of the Creative's well-received Scout Mode feature - Scout 2.0 now also includes Scout Radar. Scout Radar is a smart companion that enables gamers to visualize and pinpoint their enemy's position on a Scout Radar app with the user's smart device, while Scout Mode lets gamers hear their enemies before they are seen.

The all new Scout 2.0 feature is sure to give gamers that added winning edge.

5.1 Discrete Speaker System Support
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 comes with support for a full-fledged discrete 5.1 speaker set-up, enabling gamers to enjoy the full potential of surround sound in today's entertainment content.

"The Sound BlasterX AE-5 represents the best amplification experience for gaming headphones that a sound card can offer. Since our very first sound card 30 years ago, we've always been passionate about sound when it comes to entertainment and gaming. The AE-5 embodies our continuing dedication in giving gamers the absolute best. This is an amazing way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of our gift of sound to the PC world: the Sound BlasterX AE-5," said Low Long Chye, General Manager of Creative.

"Discrete circuitry designs using components such as transistors and capacitors deliver audio with warmth and nuance that is seldom found in today's commoditized audio products. With the AE-5, we have preserved the rich legacy of these quality components and combined it with world-class engineering and audio processing technology to deliver the absolute best audio experience for the PC. And that's not all, the AE-5 also takes the sensory experience beyond sound with a 16.8 million color light show."

Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
A special white edition the Sound BlasterX AE-5 is also available exclusively online. Unlike the standard version which comes with a single 30cm LED strip with 10 LEDs, this special Pure Edition will include four LED strips.

Full Range of Sound BlasterX Pro-Gaming Gear and the X-Fi Sonic Carrier at E3
Visitors can experience the all-new Sound BlasterX AE-5 together with the entire Sound BlasterX series at Booth 3053, E3 Los Angeles Convention Center (June 13 - 15, 2017). The Sound BlasterX series includes the latest gear in the gaming ecosystem, including the award-winning Katana under-monitor audio system, Siege M04 precision gaming mouse, and Vanguard K08 mechanical keyboard. Also making a special appearance will be the X-Fi Sonic Carrier, Creative's ultimate audio for ultimate gaming. The Sonic Carrier, a powerful home entertainment system with Dolby Atmos, Creative SuperWide X-Fi, 17 drivers in a 15.2 configuration, and 2000W peak power, is set to blow gamers away with the ultimate immersive cinematic sound. Besides being showcased at the Creative booth, the Sonic Carrier will be showcased by major game developers BANDAI NAMCO, SEGA Europe, ATLUS/SEGA and Deep Silver to show-off their very latest immersive gaming content at their booths.

Pricing and Availability
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 will be available in July 2017 on www.creative.com and at authorized dealers at USD $149.99.

Gamers in the US will be able to pre-order the Sound BlasterX AE-5 from Newegg, Fry's, Micro Center and Creative websites beginning June 13, 2017, coinciding with the launch at E3.

The Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition will be available in August 2017 exclusively on www.creative.com at USD $179.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
Yay, more RGB shoved up in our faces...

Also - let's call it "reactive lighting system", yet it just goes with some preset themes, with no actual reaction to sound output or anything else.

I was just wondering the other day when we're gonna get new soundcards. I'm probably one of rare few who get excited over new soundcards this much. 122dB, 32bit 384kHz DAC's, niiiice. And for 150€, it's not that bad. Plus, it has RGB. Everything any audio enthusiast ever wanted from a soundcard :D It'll happen that I'll probably have new soundcard before I'll have a new graphic card hehe

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
When your sound card becomes your winamp visualization.

System Name ACME Singularity Unit
Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Cooling 4 Snow Yetis huffing and puffing in parallel
Memory Hasty Indian (I/O: 3 smoke signals per minute)
Video Card(s) Bob Ross AI module
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Display(s) Where are my glasses?
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Audio Device(s) On demand tribe singing
Power Supply Spin-o-Wheel-matic
Mouse Hamster original
Keyboard Chisel 1.9a (upgraded for Stone Tablet 2.0 compatibility)
Software It's all hard down here
I'm probably one of rare few who get excited over new soundcards this much

Likewise really :)
This one is definitely getting inside my next rig. Just hope you can disable all the RGB craze without need of a screwdriver.

(but you guys CAN call me stupid for wasting a fortune on my current one.. tbh, i never expected them to continue making internal cards, not after their latest models.. so i decided to "invest" on my current one; replaced almost everything with higher grade components and all op amps with Burson Audio's v5is.. feeling stupid now; with a bit of luck, maybe i'll be able to put the v5is into this one at least)

The LED strip is option so I'm not gonna be plugging in that one. As far as LED lighting on soundcard goes, I'll probably just flip it to always on, non blinking white color since all lights in my case are white already (graphic card PCIIe power ports indicators, motherboard indicator LED's and CoolerMaster AiO...

System Name ATHENA
Processor AMD 7950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 7 x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC IP67 2000RPM
Memory 2x32GB Trident Z RGB 6000Mhz CL30
Video Card(s) ASUS 4090 Strix
Storage 3 x Kingston Fury 4TB, 4 x Samsung 870 QVO
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW, Wacom Cintiq Pro 15
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) Topping A90/D90 MQA, Fluid FPX7 Fader Pro, Beyerdynamic T1 G2, Beyerdynamic MMX300
Power Supply ASUS THOR 1600T
Mouse Xtrfy MZ1 - Zy' Rail, Logitech MX Vertical, Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 + OpenSUSE MicroOS
I really wish Creative would stop doing this white 'pure' bullshit.

Its not so much of a problem here since its just a few extra RGB's, but their X7 pure version came with a better amp - which is infuriating when there's already a black version.

As for the card, looks interesting, but proof will be in the review I think.

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
It looks good, but how it sounds? Fibrous decoder 2 W of output power. but they could not RGB connection put vith addition to other cable connections. SLI connector . Paco appearance.. . With four RGB 30cm strip is attractive and fairly inexpensive purchase.! A majority of motherboards today have good audio decoder and preamplifier, the upgrade is good, but did not changing the 5V preamp, not good . It is followed by larger version? This RGB element could be added to all of creative Sound Cards .

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
I was just wondering the other day when we're gonna get new soundcards. I'm probably one of rare few who get excited over new soundcards this much. 122dB, 32bit 384kHz DAC's, niiiice. And for 150€, it's not that bad. Plus, it has RGB. Everything any audio enthusiast ever wanted from a soundcard :D It'll happen that I'll probably have new soundcard before I'll have a new graphic card hehe

I used to get excited for sound cards, bought the best on the market at the time. Then I found DACs and there is zero reason to go back, period. No drivers required, no install required, and it works with all your devices.

The fact that Creative still sells products with a digital sound processor says enough. A quality DAC / AMP has no need for a digital sound processor and it's just adding latency to the audio.

When audio is of shite quality like in games, you need a processing system that buffs the whole thing. It's why I laugh every time any company brings out the most highest end crystal clear angelic pure soundcard that just outputs the audio and highest quality. Which in case of games with compressed audio means you're selling an oxymoron...

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
It's been a while for creative...

There should be a naked shot too, you can google it. Without it you simply cannot judge what it is.

Well a discreet stage for headphones. Relatively new middle end AIO DAC slapped upon sound core pcie controller translator... well... simplicity... too plain in the power section no isolation separate supply rails... shit... even a ancient molex, it will look horrid. I really hope it is only for the development card.

Still better than motherboard audio thou... average headphone(read gamer) user oriented card, nothing else...

Nothing to see more... the price should be around 70-100 then it should be fine... otherwise... skip it...

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Two things cross my mind. First, USB sound cards have been on the rise lately. And I too prefer them than their internal brothers. And also, unless it adds some frames ( apart from the sound quality) , gaming is unjustified title in my opinion. I remember seeing test with early Creative X-FI Gamer adding a frame or two with it's sound processor in the picture. It looks cool though. I am sucker for these gimmicks :)

That looks rather plain. Even Sound Blaster Z, while slightly more empty PCB, at least has nice Gold Nichicon capacitors all over it. That's a bit confusing for such a "high end" card...

81SrOg6dUxL._SL1500_.jpg

System Name HELLSTAR
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Mouse Razer Basilisk
That's a bit confusing for such a "high end" card...

Don't fool yourself... it is never meant to be high end... just a cash cow... engineering wise they are worthless rubbish.

I really laugh on latest internal sound card releases, what's actually more dumb? Those who make, review or buy them?

Processor AMD Threadripper 3690x
Motherboard MSI TRX40 Pro 10G
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Turbo OC
Storage 2x 1TB Intel 970 Pro NVM
Display(s) Dell U2415m x2
Case Fractal Define XL R2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Hyper X G6
Power Supply 800 Watt Fractal Design Newton R3
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX-3.0 - Black Keys
Software Win 10 Edu
Don't fool yourself... it is never meant to be high end... just a cash cow... engineering wise they are worthless rubbish.

I really laugh on latest internal sound card releases, what's actually more dumb? Those who make, review or buy them?

My Asus Xonar DX sounds way better than any on-board and with that I can actually drive my 250Ohm headphones. However, I don't see the point in calling something "premium" or "gaming" just because is has more damn lights on them, especially for that price.

Oh and lets not forget the compatibility issues with Linux on Creative products.

System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Currently on ZxR, hand it's fantastic uncomparable to onboard.

Internal sound cards should just die. Get an external USB DAC and an amp for headphones/speakers, and a proper receiver if you need surround.

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
My Asus Xonar DX sounds way better than any on-board and with that I can actually drive my 250Ohm headphones. However, I don't see the point in calling something "premium" or "gaming" just because is has more damn lights on them, especially for that price.

I also have the DX. It uses old and proper CS4398(an industry standard that still resides in many high end studio gear). And pretty much nice supply considering the card size. The thing that made this card horrid are drivers... it still lies in my closet. I've modded it a bit but not much, the PCB is a dud, doesn't like to be reheated to change components.

I still prefer Ti PCM1794 afterwards driven by a proper I/V and buffer section. And that the distinction to premium ie flagship parts and no economical trade offs. I really actually don't dig the ESS Sabre internal Hyperstream algo... considering that this ES9016 is already EOL and replaced with ES9026... (pin to pin compatible you can do an upgrade) and I use the latter ES9028 daily while listening... I really prefer the old TI PCM1794 made in 2003 hands down. Albeit I also a design a DAC stage while I have time and ESS brings so much laziness to the design... Well I understand Creative.

Want a proper premium card really that earns to name herself a premium? Onkyo SE-300PCIe. As an engineer my eyes see the right things, isolated supply, split voltage data/analog rails, dual mono PCM1798... it is designed to reside in a noisy environment and does it fine.

But want some fun? It is a hit or miss, because of the discreet opamp even for a such grade card. They used some of their own floating zero designs(could be a old good standard NE5532 laid on PCB with cherry picked transistors, but that's the thing it is a limitation actually as gear needs coupling and it limits your possibilities playing with many factors).

This upper gamer card uses more brute discreet amp section reminding a simple AB stage. More current and low Z headphones will benefit from it... but... otherwise without measurements I can only guess basing on similar solutions... it will be average, but still better than the motherboard audio... it is still worse 6-7 times worse than our Xonar DX, close to 9 times with ZxR... (I took the average 100db SN ratio that certain best boards deliver, thanks to cadaveca still doing the job as it should be while reviewing motherboards.)

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I used to drool all over Creative sound cards (owned few even). But these days it makes more sense to eschew chassis noise by outputting digital (every on-board solution has toslink) and converting to analog somewhere else. For me, at least.

Internal sound cards should just die.
No, they shouldn't.

There are plenty of people who would not hear any added noise from the case's internals. In fact I'm sure the "computer case is a noisy environment so we should avoid it at all costs" is an overblown argument, it's nowhere near as bad as audiophiles make it out to be.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
No, they shouldn't.

There are plenty of people who would not hear any added noise from the case's internals. In fact I'm sure the "computer case is a noisy environment so we should avoid it at all costs" is an overblown argument, it's nowhere near as bad as audiophiles make it out to be.
It's annoying because of several issues:
1. You may not notice the added noise, but once someone points it out for you, that's all you hear.
2. It's not a problem on all setups, but it only takes one new added component to the system to start interfering with your sound card. In at least one instance I know of, the cause was a single cable: you moved it, the problem went away, it would slide back in position, problem back.
3. People couple the sound cards with all sorts of "gaming" headsets that are crappy enough they don't pick up the noise because they don't pick up much detail to begin with.

The only problem I have with internal sound cards is these supposedly stellar parameters on the box, when in practice they're barely any better than the onboard sound: for games, both will do, for audiophiles, neither.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Everything and anything that came from Creative after X-Fi is a downgrade in sound quality... Sorry, but is true. Should check some reviews about the removed features, bots software and hardware (7.1 sound anyone?)

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
It's annoying because of several issues:
1. You may not notice the added noise, but once someone points it out for you, that's all you hear.

You think USB doesn't have noise? It does and a lot. Coupling with an end amp will screw the noise floor up, USB is a really noisy thing also... only solution is also to use an additional device an USB isolator(and it costs a lot, I have one, without it you cannot do any kind of measurements at all). If you use headphones only it is not really needed. If it is even a cheaper device feeding from the USB 5V rails... then oh gosh...

Each device and solution has their trade offs, you have to analyze each of their own, you cannot generalize all internal cards are bad and USB is the holy grail or vice versa - it's all gray.

Processor R9 5950x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair VIII Formula
Cooling EK 360mm AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb (CL16@3800MHz)
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe | Intel 660p 2TB NVMe
Display(s) Acer Predator XB323QK 4K 144Hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Objective2 Amp/DAC | GoXLR | AKG K612PRO | Beyerdynamic DT880| Rode Pod Mic
Power Supply Corsair AX 850w
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite V2
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB "Cherry MX Brown"
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Window 11 Pro
some mobo already have decent sound driver, if you really want decent SC just buy usb amp/dac