• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Be Quiet! Announces Silent Loop 360 Liquid CPU Cooler

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Be Quiet!, the market leader in PC power supplies in Germany for eleven consecutive years, is introducing the newest addition to the Silent Loop family, Silent Loop 360 mm. With last September's introduction of the Silent Loop product line, be quiet! brought its first All-in-One water cooler to the forefront. Built out of high-quality materials, Silent Loop's whisper-quiet reverse-flow pump design ensured the product line made a big impact in the water cooling market.

A full copper radiator with a length of 360 millimeters sets Silent Loop 360 mm apart from the rest of the Silent Loop series. It fits in be quiet!'s Dark Base 900, Dark Base Pro 900 and Pure Base 600 chassis. Silent Loop 360 mm uses three Pure Wings 2 120 mm PWM fans with airflow-optimized and load-regulated fan blades, producing quiet and efficient operation while offering high static pressure at extremely low noise levels.

Innovative reverse-flow cooling cycle for silent and vibration-free operation
The Silent Loop 360mm All-in-One water cooling system comes with a decoupled pump designed to reverse the cooling circuit. Liquid is drawn in from the outside over the cold plate and then transported through a second layer on the inside of the radiator. This innovative design operates the pump at 2,200 revolutions per minute, lessening vibration and noise better than other conventional All-in-One coolers.

High-quality materials for longevity and great cooling performance
To achieve the best cooling performance, be quiet! equips Silent Loop 360mm with a black-coated, full copper radiator. Silent Loop 360mm's base is also made of copper, guaranteeing durability and preventing electrochemical corrosion when exposed to liquid. Additionally, the cooling block's cooling plate is nickel-plated, facilitating the use of metallic liquid thermal grease instead of regular thermal grease to conduct heat between cooler and CPU. Lastly, be quiet! integrates a refill port for proper coolant leveling after prolonged use, preserving continuous performance and low noise levels.

Easy handling due to flexible tubes and convenient mounting
Thanks to flexible bend-protection tubes and a well-designed mounting kit, Silent Loop 360mm is easy to install. Even in small spaces, fitting the cooler in is effortless.

Silent Loop 360mm is compatible with all current Intel- and AMD-sockets and comes with a 3-year manufacturer's warranty. It is available now with an MSRP of €159.90 / £149.90.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Why do they keep using Silent Wings 2 fans when the 3 series have been out for a while and are vastly superior... I don't get it.

Processor Intel i5-13600k
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690i Unify
Cooling Deepcool AN600
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V F5-5600J2834F32GX2-RS5W 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus RX6800XT TUF
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 500GB x2
Display(s) Samsung U32H850
Case Louqe Raw S1
Audio Device(s) Denon PMA-50
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Microsoft Surface
Software Win 11 Pro
These are Pure Wings series fans, not Silent Wings.

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Why do they keep using Silent Wings 2 fans when the 3 series have been out for a while and are vastly superior... I don't get it.
Money (the answer to every question like this). The Silent Wings 3 fans are almost twice the price, especially the PWM versions. They have to sell off the old SW2 inventory, what better way than to include them with their new all copper LCS. I'm thinking about ordering one to replace my ageing H110. Maybe I'll wait a while until they run out of the old fans and start shipping with SW3's...

doesn't change that it should be Silents wings 3 on there.

Agreed. The pre-3 fans are just junk under a fancy design and brand. BQ is really shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5-13600k
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690i Unify
Cooling Deepcool AN600
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V F5-5600J2834F32GX2-RS5W 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus RX6800XT TUF
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 500GB x2
Display(s) Samsung U32H850
Case Louqe Raw S1
Audio Device(s) Denon PMA-50
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Microsoft Surface
Software Win 11 Pro
Silent Wings 3 produce quite a bit less air pressure compared to Pure Wings 2, perhaps that's why they went with PW2s

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
If you rely on manufacturer ratings to compare fans, I have some really bad news for you.

Haha I am so happy to hear that. I most definitely do not rely on manufacturer specs, but comparison to internal lines are usually fair enough as far as a trend goes. I have tested all three fans myself with a couple reviewed on my website (the SW2 and SW3 series) so I am confident in saying the SW3 is a better fan on a radiator (including the Alphacool ST30 core used here) relative to the SW2 which in turn is better relative to the Pure Wings.

Haha I am so happy to hear that. I most definitely do not rely on manufacturer specs, but comparison to internal lines are usually fair enough as far as a trend goes. I have tested all three fans myself with a couple reviewed on my website (the SW2 and SW3 series) so I am confident in saying the SW3 is a better fan on a radiator (including the Alphacool ST30 core used here) relative to the SW2 which in turn is better relative to the Pure Wings.

I'm sorry, mis-read your initial reply, thought you were replying to my post in disagreement about SW3 >>> SW1/2

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I'm sorry, mis-read your initial reply, thought you were replying to my post in disagreement about SW3 >>> SW1/2

Nothing to apologize for, your point about relying on manufacturer specs still stands :)