• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Water Blocks Expands Fluid Gaming Portfolio

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EK Water Blocks, the market leader in PC custom liquid cooling, is announcing the first expansion of its new brand created for PC gamers called EK Fluid Gaming. Bringing the best price/performance ratio imaginable, EK Fluid Gaming is already becoming a number one choice for many gamers who want to join the ultimate liquid cooling club in the world.

Following the release of EK Fluid Gaming kits, many of you have asked us about the availability of separate aluminum parts. You can rest assured, we are officially announcing the first expansion of the EK Fluid Gaming lineup today! And more will follow in the near future.

By a popular demand, we are going to release the radiator expansion packs at the end of July. EK-FG 240 Expansion Pack and EK-FG 360 Expansion Pack will bring additional radiators, fans, and fittings for those who want to expand their existing Fluid Gaming kit or want to start with more radiator space from the beginning (140mm series radiators are coming later this year). With the release of the radiator expansion packs, we are also going to offer colored coolants for separate purchase. This will bring even more customization options with every EK Fluid Gaming kit.

To make Fluid Gaming custom loops even more appealing, we are going to release aluminum angled fittings. This will enable you to do even more beautiful tube bends that are currently not possible. At the moment we do not plan to make hard tubing fittings with the Fluid Gaming lineup. Additionally, we are going to bring some of our most popular existing products to Fluid Gaming store, like EK-Vardar fans, vertical pump holder, fan splitters, filling bottle etc. The complete list of additional parts will be announced later this month. Yes, GPU water block from the Fluid Gaming A240G kit will be available for separate purchase at a later date! The same goes for all GPU water blocks for the upcoming AMD and NVIDIA (reference/FE) graphics cards.

As you might know, mixing copper and aluminum parts in the same loop is not recommended. Always use only one type (only copper or only aluminum) of metal in the same loop! Read more about aluminum vs. copper here.

One last thing for the end. In the near future, you are also going to be able to fully customize your EK Fluid Gaming kit! You will be able to choose the CPU or GPU (or both) water block, radiator size, the color of coolant, color of fittings and much more. Follow us on our social media channels and subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop.

EK Fluid Gaming kits are 100% designed and made in Slovenia, Europe and are already available for purchase directly through the EK webshop, exclusively through Newegg in the US, and Caseking.de and OCUK in Europe. The manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) excl. VAT are listed below.
  • EK Fluid Gaming A120 - USD $149.99
  • EK Fluid Gaming A240 - USD $159.99
  • EK Fluid Gaming A240G - USD $239.99
For more information, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

In a way, it's nice to see product which is not Made in China (since pretty much everything is these days). Especially since it's originating from my own country where quality is highly regarded aspect of products in general. Just not sure what's the perception of our products outside of our country.

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
It is the same shape but it does not have the same good cooling capacity as copper or silver.
It's very close and it could be even better if you pressed the aluminum block before processing with a strong press. But I do not believe that the pump is made in slovenia. The Slovenian economy is killing a high tax rate of 22%. So the price of the kit is loaded. But it is still very acceptable.
Ek has filled the supply of the ALU system and in addition to the Thermaltake radiators form complete offer in ALU cooling.

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
Am I reading this right? The whole system has aluminium parts? Even the radiator is aluminium? I'm not sure if that is a good idea to be honest. Sure it's cheaper, but wait for the first guy who is trying to extend his shiny system and uses copper parts off the shelf... :eek:

System Name ACME Singularity Unit
Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Cooling 4 Snow Yetis huffing and puffing in parallel
Memory Hasty Indian (I/O: 3 smoke signals per minute)
Video Card(s) Bob Ross AI module
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Display(s) Where are my glasses?
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Audio Device(s) On demand tribe singing
Power Supply Spin-o-Wheel-matic
Mouse Hamster original
Keyboard Chisel 1.9a (upgraded for Stone Tablet 2.0 compatibility)
Software It's all hard down here
Just not sure what's the perception of our products outside of our country

Generally speaking, you probably don't want to know, truth be told.. for EKWB in specific however? Excellent :)

Am I reading this right? The whole system has aluminium parts? Even the radiator is aluminium? I'm not sure if that is a good idea to be honest. Sure it's cheaper, but wait for the first guy who is trying to extend his shiny system and uses copper parts off the shelf... :eek:

I very much doubt someone who paid top money for copper water block is going to stick a "cheapo" aluminium set on it...

System Name The Yellow Box
Processor AMD K5 100
Motherboard Intel 5DVX0130
Cooling A snazzy stock cooler
Memory 64MB EDO SIMM
Video Card(s) ATI Mach 64 4MB + Creative Voodoo 8MB
Storage IBM 1.6GB IDE + IBM 3.2GB IDE
Display(s) 15" AOC CRT (Terrible, terrible POS)
Case Cheapo Yellow Box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster
Power Supply No name 200W
Mouse Microsoft IntelliMouse
Keyboard Cherry G80
Software Windows 98Se
In a way, it's nice to see product which is not Made in China (since pretty much everything is these days). Especially since it's originating from my own country where quality is highly regarded aspect of products in general. Just not sure what's the perception of our products outside of our country.
Overall the products from Slovenia are considered to be good quality for the money.
Off course only, if you buy the “high” end products, the cheap stuff is more or less on par with the Chinese.

Many moons ago I considered EKWB as one of the top makers for anything water cooling. Nowadays I'd only get something from them, if I didn't have any other choice. The quality just isn’t there anymore, and the prices don’t reflect that.

As for the “Made in Slovenia” part, you better check the fine print. More and more of their products are:
Designed and engineered in Slovenia - Europe. Manufactured in China.

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
I very much doubt someone who paid top money for copper water block is going to stick a "cheapo" aluminium set on it...
Probably not, but maybe the other way around? :rolleyes:

If someone bought this "cheapo" aluminium set and want to extend it later to another cooler or another rad maybe?!
This set is obviously intended for unexperienced (in terms of watercooling) users and these users are probably not aware of the risks it brings. All I'm saying is that I find it not good pratice to offer aluminium watercooling gear, especially from an experienced watercooling company.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock X470 Master sli/ac
Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
Memory Team Dark Pro 3200 cl14
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 850W

Chinese made products are you get what you pay for. Go cheap and get crap, if you pay a lot they can make some surprisingly good products. Of course they may not have the best of the best quality, but high end should be fine.

System Name The Yellow Box
Processor AMD K5 100
Motherboard Intel 5DVX0130
Cooling A snazzy stock cooler
Memory 64MB EDO SIMM
Video Card(s) ATI Mach 64 4MB + Creative Voodoo 8MB
Storage IBM 1.6GB IDE + IBM 3.2GB IDE
Display(s) 15" AOC CRT (Terrible, terrible POS)
Case Cheapo Yellow Box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster
Power Supply No name 200W
Mouse Microsoft IntelliMouse
Keyboard Cherry G80
Software Windows 98Se
Chinese made products are you get what you pay for. Go cheap and get crap, if you pay a lot they can make some surprisingly good products. Of course they may not have the best of the best quality, but high end should be fine.
The Chinese have a saying that has a similar meaning to the English phrase "you get what you pay for.

一分钱 (yì fēn qián) means one cent; 一分货 (yì fēn huò) means one point of goods;
一分钱一分货 (yìfēn qián yìfēn huò) … You get what you pay for. It’s literary saying one cent, will get you one cent worth of goods.

From experience, I can say that it’s absolutely true. You buy cheaply, and you will get cheap/low quality. Doesn’t matter, if you have a contract stating XX for YY price, as long as you don’t pay XX price, you won’t get XX quality.

Processor Intel Core i7 4770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Cooling custom liquid cooling by pociej
Memory Corsair Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680+ 4GB w/Backplate
Storage Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB, 4x Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW2310
Case Lian Li V2120X
Power Supply Seasonic Platinium P1000 SS-1000XP 1000W
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark Fire Strike 11411 points http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1038101
What do you think guys, more expensive sets will boost my fps even more..?