• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Still no complete working mod for atmos. what about other enhancements? wish some good people can make things up a level such as DTS-ES, DTS neo 6 (current DTS neo patched to realtek panel is DTS neo 4 for PC), DTS neo X. DTS X, next level for dolby is dolby digital plus, dolby TrueHD. :peace:

Last edited:
I mean, if you're using HDMI, you should already be able to get Atmos for $15.

er I forget, is Atmos Headphones $15 and Atmos Home Theater free (if you have the external hardware)?

I mean, if you're using HDMI, you should already be able to get Atmos for $15.

er I forget, is Atmos Headphones $15 and Atmos Home Theater free (if you have the external hardware)?

my sound bar does not have HDMI, only optical. Atmos is $15 but is it for headphone only? will it work on optical? for instance, currently sound is using DTS with mod. If I enable atmos with windows spatial sound it, will it enhance optical?

@Alan Finote
Your current mod that you sent I tested it in win 8 and works perfectly :) , but in build 15063 the same soundless :(
the Cumulative Update 15063.332 can this problem fix it?
Because I read in a one site that Microsoft had broken DTS, DDL in win 10 also in build 15063 :(
Had you tested it with 15063.332?

Because Atmos for Headphones/Sonic/Binaural audio is only designed for 2ch.

And since Optical surround is so outdated, they aren't likely to officially support it fully.

Because Atmos for Headphones/Sonic/Binaural audio is only designed for 2ch.

And since Optical surround is so outdated, they aren't likely to officially support it fully.

I'm not developer or programmer. I do not know how people make mods here. But from my understanding windows spatial sound is not 2 channels only. And turn on 7.1 virtual surround will not improve it?
ll
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...491(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The mods here patch windows audio to DTS. The next level should be DTS X, DTS trudeHD, parallel to dolby atmos, I also tried dolbly atoms app with a cheap regular stereo mobile earphone to PC during free trial. The sound is different.

I know there are many atmos and DTS X soundbar available in market. The cheapest is $600+. Not many tech enthusiast consumers would spend that much budget to chase for better audio. That is why people come to this site discuss mods.

I'm not exactly sure either, but "Virtual 7.1" is still only sending out 2ch.

As for Xbox's functionality, with might actually work a bit different and allow better functionality (I'm not sure). Correct/proper support on PC is a different story. (And channels and objects are not the same thing.)

As bugs keep coming up, perhaps it's a bug/overlooked issue that they won't do more than 2ch at all through optical, but it does seem to state in multiple places that Atmos for Home Theater is for HDMI only. And I'm fairly certain "for Headphones" will only ever give you 2ch output (at least through optical).

Last edited:

As for Xbox's functionality, with might actually work a bit different and allow better functionality (I'm not sure). Correct/proper support on PC is a different story. (And channels and objects are not the same thing.)

As bugs keep coming up, perhaps it's a bug/overlooked issue that they won't do more than 2ch at all through optical, but it does seem to state in multiple places that Atmos for Home Theater is for HDMI only. And I'm fairly certain "for Headphones" will only ever give you 2ch output.

Maybe. virtual surround is not true surround, that is right.

isn't that same as patched DTS here? Speakers through 3.5mm are not digital sound , does not matter how many speakers. so even you set speakers to DTS. its still not digital. Soundbar through optical is digital sound, even most low budget soundbars are 2 channels. I think if patched DTS on optical should improve the sound, otherwise we are waste time here.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@Alan Finote
I sent you a PM (not in this, but on) an another site :)

Because Windows 7 and 8 systems only need the APO GFX (Global Effects - POSTMIX) and LFX (Local Effects - PREMIX) values, Windows 8.1 and 10 already require the SFX (Stream Effects ), MFX (Mode Effects) and EFX (Endpoint Effects). Thank you.

When I'm am configured to 5.1 surround and when I'm watching movies, no matter what player I use, I hear only the background music, but not the actors talks.
I get the same effect with Games.

But when it's set to stereo, I can hear everything fine.

Does anyone have 5.1 speakers and has the same issue.

Maybe years ago that was an issue in Windows 10 (or maybe certain drivers). Haven't seen that happen in a long time, but I'm still using the old simple non-Test Mode method (pg 37), none of these other ones that have been more expanded (and might be/require older drivers?)

Maybe years ago that was an issue in Windows 10 (or maybe certain drivers). Haven't seen that happen in a long time, but I'm still using the old simple non-Test Mode method (pg 37), none of these other ones that have been more expanded (and might be/require older drivers?)
I'm not sure if you are referring to my question?

I'm not sure if you are referring to my question?

Yes I was, but sorry I'm not so sure I can be of much help other than saying try using the most up to date Realtek drivers from their website, if not your computer/motherboard's website, with just the simpler modded DLL and regedit from pg 37 and make sure your Windows is completely up to date. As I don't know what drivers are actually used in these other mods lately.

would something like this work if I convert optical to HDMI use the dolby acess home theater app ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DLCQZGG/?tag=tec06d-20

No, that wouldn't give you the added ability to use "Atmos for Home Theater" at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it needs data/information about the receiver that gets sent through HDMI, but isn't sent through Optical.

Because it needs data/information about the receiver that gets sent through HDMI, but isn't sent through Optical.

it must be direct HDMI connection? any HDMI soundbar or only atmos enabled ?

Atmos enabled probably, and yes, only direct connection (though plain switches might work).

Yes I was, but sorry I'm not so sure I can be of much help other than saying try using the most up to date Realtek drivers from their website, if not your computer/motherboard's website, with just the simpler modded DLL and regedit from pg 37 and make sure your Windows is completely up to date. As I don't know what drivers are actually used in these other mods lately.
Yeah I finally fix it. And now 5.1 surround sound and working perfectly and amazing

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
what a load of nonsense page 93/94 regarding OPTICAL out being 2Ch only ? where do you guys get this shit from ???
Windows 1703 ( OS Build 15063.483)
Realtek HW on board ALC1150
both DDL , DTS I and every other mulitchannel format is working perfectly fine over OPTICAL OUT
2017-07-22 (2).jpg

As bugs keep coming up, perhaps it's a bug/overlooked issue that they won't do more than 2ch at all through optical, but it does seem to state in multiple places that Atmos for Home Theater is for HDMI only. And I'm fairly certain "for Headphones" will only ever give you 2ch output (at least through optical).

ok. where do you find information and how can you clarify windows spatial sound is only 2 channels. is it really for headphone only? How does it distinguish speakers and headphone? for instance, when I plug earphone on front panel, windows will display as realtek 2nd output, then enable spatial sound on it. can I use spatial sound on optical or speaker? will it override windows default format? I searched lot of articles can't find exact answer. any clue?

Also, the patch here set to DTS interactive or dolby digital to 5.1. if you say spiritual sound is 2 channel and virtual sound 7.1 is 2 channel, then DTS 5.1 on 2 speakers or 2.1 soundbar would be the same. you are output sound to 2 channels. On the other side, patched 5.1 really force windows output everything in DTS or only on DTS encoded tracks?