• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The air in the Forums seems to have shifted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
And so it's, if you don't know what you're doing why in the hell you try to flash a Bios? first you should go to a Forum and ask for some help about how to flash it and not go to a Forum asking for help after the shit is done.

If this is the case, then why waste your time posting on them ... unless you are a troll?

Ahem, this is the start of an argument already... :roll::roll::roll:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
In such cases it's fine to get a bit short with them and tell them straight that they're wasting our time.

This is also part of the problem! It is not fine to take such actions. The solution is to remove yourself from the thread.

Also, who leaves you and @Vario to deem members idiots? This is also part of the issue which is covered in this thread. Entitlement runs deep for those who have been here a while I guess!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
And so it's, if you don't know what you're doing why in the hell you try to flash a Bios? first you should go to a Forum and ask for some help about how to flash it and not go to a Forum asking for help after the shit is done.
This is the first thing I thought about when I read the OP. It's this attitude that's a real letdown. If helping people who make mistakes with their GPU's isn't something for you, I would suggest you just keep away from those threads. Same with the rest of you that find a bad bios flash from a novice is somehow relevant to your well being. Just stop, it doesn't help and sheds TPU in a bad light.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Disagree, the thing is that there is a few Mods that take things too seriously and they enjoy pressing the Ban button, and the most stupid thing is when they send you a private message after they give you 5 warning points, ridiculous.

You have every right to air your disagreement. Thank you for doing so.

Think about this for a moment from a different perspective. Isn't at least equally, if not more ridiculous to act in such a way to earn that kind of attention from a mod in the first place?

The PM you receive from an infraction is built into the infraction system, not a mod going out of their way to give anyone extra attention. Though on special occasions that happens too.

Thing is, we'd rather not have to spend our time on TPU giving out infractions and editing threads. Believe it or not, I'd rather be involved in the forums helping others and learning.

There's simple rules to follow here, nobody is asking you or anyone else to save the planet or migrate humanity to Mars to save you from being banned. But to behave and be respectful on TPUs forums? To follow the rules? Absolutely.

Seems simple enough to me.

:toast:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
@sneekypeet, Vario didn't call anyone idiots. ;) He said people get on and call the BIOS mistake people idiots. He was describing the 3 most hateful situations people start.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
@sneekypeet, Vario didn't call anyone idiots. ;) He said people get on and call the BIOS mistake people idiots. He was describing the 3 most hateful situations people start.

Point is, it is a word that "gets people going!" Members could simply be called members, could they not? Why do we have to get to the point of labels for everyone?

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
The PM you receive

The PM i received said that i was insulting people, the worst thing is when people lack of knowledge about the meaning of a word.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Point is, it is a word that "gets people going!" Members could simply be called members, could they not? Why do we have to get to the point of labels for everyone?
He is merely describing the attitude the anti-flashers take and that THEY call the BIOS mistake people idiots. I never once saw his thread from the point of view you did. I see him as on your side, describing exactly the actions of troublemakers that are bringing the site down.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
The PM i received said that i was insulting people, the worst thing is when people lack of knowledge about the meaning of a word.

Unless you are going to deliver specifics on the situation, leaving everything up in the air for us to guess at, I would suggest possibly simplifying your word choice as to not leave the chance for someone to misinterpret what you are trying to convey.

@rtwjunkie Vario thanked the post, I do believe he got my point.

Last edited:
It's the same everywhere.

a) If one asks some technical/programming question he/she usually gets reply like "ffs can't you just google that?!" or "why didn't you read the manual?"
b) When it's something political it always involves some jokes about Russians or posting some memes
c) If it's something scientific it always ends up with aliens, black hole and Uranus jokes or some other retarded crap lol.
d) If it's some Windows problem in 99% (especially on MS sites) they'll tell you to reinstall

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
It's the same everywhere.

a) If one asks some technical/programming question he/she usually gets reply like "ffs can't you just google that?!" or "why didn't you read the manual?"
b) When it's something political it always involves some jokes about Russians or posting some memes
c) If it's something scientific it always ends up with aliens, black hole and Uranus jokes or some other retarded crap lol.
d) If it's some Windows problem in 99% (especially on MS sites) they'll tell you to reinstall

Simply put, this is not everywhere else, this is TPU. The point I was making earlier about name calling stands here too. Just because you see it elsewhere or that someone else does it before you, does not make it right to happen here. ;)

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Unless you are going to deliver specifics on the situation, leaving everything up int he air for us to guess at, I would suggest possibly simplifying your word choice as to not leave the chance for someone to misinterpret what you are trying to convey.

@rtwjunkie Vario thanked the post, I do believe he got my point.
You've got people that basically believe any mistake made by others is their fault and no attempt should be made to render assistance. I used the term idiot in the sense that they would rather call the OP an idiot than render assistance. I personally believe that making mistakes is part of how we all learn. And that the next step should be "what could I have done differently so that I achieve a better result next time?" as well as "How do I get myself out of this situation and fix what I broke?" We can all do more to help people in this manner rather than belittle them as idiots. That is what I meant to convey.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
This is also part of the problem! It is not fine to take such actions. The solution is to remove yourself from the thread.

Also, who leaves you and @Vario to deem members idiots? This is also part of the issue which is covered in this thread. Entitlement runs deep for those who have been here a while I guess!
Well, while I think it's ok to tell off someone who is obviously abusing others' goodwill, I don't normally say much myself. A gentle reminder or two and that's it from me, but I'll be pretty pissed off that I wasted time on helping them out. However, if others do take a pop at them for it then frankly I'm fine with that. See below for why.

It's all well and good for you to say that it's not fine for members to take such actions, but that needs to be reciprocated by the mods. On many occasions when I ask for help because some douchebag has done something out of order, usually to me, I get totally ignored and that's not ok for the mods to do. You (mods in general) gotta support us and get off that high and mighty "we make all the decisions round here and tell you what to do and you're just gonna have to lump it" perch you love so much. Cuts both ways, but you mods never like hearing that.

Heck, there was a post I reported a few weeks ago that I reported and fuck all happened and that annoyed me. I was gonna pm you about it in fact to discuss just this situation to see if we could make some headway on it and I'm sorry now that I never got around to it. If any mod wants to find that report and discuss it with me, please do so in pm.

Also, I don't agree with every critical post. There's no need to be unnecessarily unpleasant, so we do agree there.

I'd like to end on a positive note and say here in public that while we don't always agree on things, you always do take time out to reply in pm and give me straight answers, which I do appreciate. Dialog is always needed if problems are gonna be solved or improved, so thankyou.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
You've got people that basically believe any mistake made by others is their fault and no attempt should be made to render assistance. I used the term idiot in the sense that they would rather call the OP an idiot than render assistance. I personally believe that making mistakes is part of how we all learn. And that the next step should be "what could I have done differently so that I achieve a better result next time?" as well as "How do I get myself out of this situation and fix what I broke?" We can all do more to help people in this manner rather than belittle them as idiots. That is what I meant to convey.

I get that, but I assumed you referenced earlier posts where the term was used. In my opinion, rather than the word "idiot" being used, it could have been replaced with something less aggressive and still convey the point.

@qubit, I think you assume we are passing ill will your way, which is not the case. In just about every report to hit the lounge, there is lengthy discussion where mods have input as to what to do, even those outside of the section being reported. We come to a democratic resolution to such reports, and sometimes that decision is to do nothing at all!

On another note, help should not need praise or anything from the recipient to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. You provide the help, and they either take it and learn, or they ignore it, and you learn to remove yourself from that thread. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. ;)

Last edited:

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
what could I have done differently so that I achieve a better result next time?"

This is what could be done:
read the manual?"

Some people don't have a clue about what they are doing with a piece of hardware in their hands but they prefer to risk instead to read the Manual, that's why they won't be called Genius but otherwise.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
Some people don't have a clue about what they are doing with a piece of hardware in their hands but they prefer to risk instead to read the Manual, that's why they won't be called Genius but otherwise.

To me this attitude stinks. Just about every manual out there is in pdf form now, and one could simply screenshot what the user needs to see. As Kursah said earlier, if you do not want to help, move along. It is not your duty to correct members or tell them to pound sand due to an attitude.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
Let me explain the type.
These people will learn one thing and are being clueless about 5 billion trillion other things in life.
And everyone that doesn't know this one thing (that they provable learned yesterday and provable on this same forum) they consider it as dumb.

This is what could be done:

The manual is not a guide on how to do stuff,, it's there to see what you've done wrong. Everybody knows this. lol

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
Let me explain the type.
These people will learn one thing and are being clueless about 5 billion trillion other things in life.
And everyone that doesn't know this one thing (that they provable learned yesterday and provable on this same forum) they consider it as dumb.

I refrained from this in my last post, but I completely agree with this sentiment. Nobody on these forums were born knowing everything PC related. It takes time and help from members like us to spread the knowledge we have learned over the years. This is what being helpful means.

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
The manual is not a guide on how to do stuff,,

Since when?

The manual guide you on how to install the CPU, Ram, Cooler and other stuff. lol

Do you believe me if i tell you that the manual had helped some users to avoid to mount the CPU in the wrong way?:D

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Just about every manual out there is in pdf form now, and one could simply screenshot what the user needs to see
Recent post i replied to :)
even providing Screenshots for the OP to see ( along with Same or similer from other members ) was a waste of time as that OP was not reading or comprehending/ignoring what was posted
In the End i gave up replying and PM someone Suggesting thread was solved and now going no where and so could be closed by some one appropiate

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Matthew 10:21

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
Since when?

The manual guide you on how to install the CPU, Ram, Cooler and other stuff. lol

Do you believe me if i tell you that the manual had helped some users to avoid to mount the CPU in the wrong way?:D

Nooo waaaay. One of those things you have to see it to believe it I guess. lol

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Nooo waaaay. One of those things you have to see it to believe it I guess. lol

Our posts are becoming monotonous, that said i walk away.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Rise of the Machines or the Great Flood?

Brother will turn against brother.

Also, Flood happened already.

Fire awaits.

Status
Not open for further replies.