• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

François Piednoël Quits Intel

Good lord you are pathetic. "Outlier review". It is practically unanimous that Skylake-X is a garbage line-up of fail products. Go read some more reviews fanboy, or maybe don't. We all know you will either cherry pick a few luke-warm reviews, or just put your head back in the sand.
What r u even talking about. I'm currently using R7 1700. It seems the toxic AMD community is a reality.

Only advantage AMD has is price. That's it. Performance still belongs to Intel and Nvidia. You don't brag about owning an inferior product, but I guess the red team has no shame.

And that same Hardware Unboxed guy burned his 7800x which leds us to question his competency.

Troll_Slayer

notb said, "Generally speaking, Intel's 14nm architecture is still more efficient than current Zen.
i7-7700 draws less power than Ryzen 5 1400 (idle and load) while being more powerful (both 4C/8T, TDP 65W)."

NOPE
http://techreport.com/review/31979/amd-ryzen-5-cpus-reviewed-part-two/6

... and power, thermals, and IPC get worse for Skylake-X

notb is an unreliable source of information

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
What r u even talking about. I'm currently using R7 1700. It seems the toxic AMD community is a reality.

Only advantage AMD has is price. That's it. Performance still belongs to Intel and Nvidia. You don't brag about owning an inferior product, but I guess the red team has no shame.

And that same Hardware Unboxed guy burned his 7800x which leds us to question his competency.

You earlier mentioned AMD are only good for the poor PC community. Deeply illogical and rude comment to make. I moved for the hell of it, to give the other side a chance. Equating buying cheaper chips with poverty in a tech community is like saying car enthusiasts only buy Ferrari. Enthusiast hobbies often buy 'challenging' projects or a new 'thing'. Zen is most certainly a new thing.

Anyway, it's sad this thread is already an AMD versus Intel slugfest.

Can a mod clean it up?

Troll_Slayer

Sorry the facts and the benchmarks and the reality is when it comes to better overall performance, lower power, lower price, more features/IO, better security:
Ryzen > Skylake
Threadripper >> Skylake-X
EPYC >>> Skylake SP

The higher you go in cores, the more Infinity Fabric benefits AMD.

#FactsSuck

notb said, "Generally speaking, Intel's 14nm architecture is still more efficient than current Zen.
i7-7700 draws less power than Ryzen 5 1400 (idle and load) while being more powerful (both 4C/8T, TDP 65W)."
Would it be possible for you to learn the quoting mechanism of this forum?
NOPE
http://techreport.com/review/31979/amd-ryzen-5-cpus-reviewed-part-two/6

... and power, thermals, and IPC get worse for Skylake-X

notb is an unreliable source of information
And you think techreport is? :)
Check this out:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_5_1400/18.html

And keep in mind both comparisons list 7700K, not 7700 which I've mentioned earlier. 7700 draws ~30% less under load.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
did you report it? Otherwise you will have to hope they run across the thread versus poi ting it to them so they may react faster. :)

Without reporting it, maybe I was hoping people would get the message. With hindsight it's lucky I was not elected as a mod, I'd have nuked the forums from orbit.

It's unanimous where? In the AMD coffee room? :)

Some more reviews (I hope I'm not cherry picking, since these are all major CPU reviewing sites):
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11550...core-i9-7900x-i7-7820x-and-i7-7800x-tested/17
https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/intel-core-i9-7900x-and-x299-chipset-revie/8/
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/107017-intel-core-i9-7900x-14nm-skylake-x/?page=10

From Hexus:
"...a 10-core powerhouse offering excellent IPC performance and outstanding multi-core potential in a single $999 chip armed with plenty of overclocking headroom."
That doesn't exactly mean "garbage line-up of fail products" in my book.
Add in another review from yet another reputable reviewer that is Digital Foundry:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...view-core-i9-7900x-i7-7820x-i7-7800x-i7-7740x

The 1800x is behind all of them, but somehow we're to believe a lesser 1600x is magically faster than a 7800x in that ONE review out of everyone else's.

Skylake X is king of kings. They can charge whatever they want just because of that alone. You don't have to buy it. I chose a 1700 because it's cheap but I ain't gonna act like Intel is garbage.

NGreediaOrAMSlow

People usually quit at a company for internal reasons that generally don't go public.

Probably he got tired of fighting a management that only wants to keep milking an architecture that came a decade ago.

Intel is getting what they deserve from all sides.

Add in another review from yet another reputable reviewer that is Digital Foundry:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...view-core-i9-7900x-i7-7820x-i7-7800x-i7-7740x

The 1800x is behind all of them, but somehow we're to believe a lesser 1600x is magically faster than a 7800x in that ONE review out of everyone else's.

Skylake X is king of kings. They can charge whatever they want just because of that alone. You don't have to buy it. I chose a 1700 because it's cheap but I ain't gonna act like Intel is garbage.
And most of your earlier posts sound like AMD is bargain basement or trash can garbage & that;s what you're accusing others of saying. Intel is king of the hill in terms of ST IPC, has the fastest gaming processor out there, has a shite IGP compared to the best AMD APU & Ryzen has Intel beat on efficiency, even in select server tests :rolleyes:

Sizing Up Servers: Intel's Skylake-SP Xeon versus AMD's EPYC 7000 - The Server CPU Battle of the Decade?

NGreediaOrAMSlow

And most of your earlier posts sound like AMD is bargain basement or trash can garbage & that;s what you're accusing others of saying. Intel is king of the hill in terms of ST IPC, has the fastest gaming processor out there, has a shite IGP compared to the best AMD APU & Ryzen has Intel beat on efficiency, even in select server tests :rolleyes:

Sizing Up Servers: Intel's Skylake-SP Xeon versus AMD's EPYC 7000 - The Server CPU Battle of the Decade?

Yes, Intel is better for gaming, but if you haven't seen AMD is closing the gap every month.

Also a lot of people mention better at IPC. But to truly compare IPC you have to clock both chips at the same clocks, same memory speeds, etc, and then see which processor crunches data faster.

But most Intel that beat AMD Ryzen for what I seen like the 7700 needs nearly a full gigahertz more to do that.

And that's definitely not better IPC. Better OC gaming part yes, but more powerful and efficient NO.

System Name Coffee Lake S
Processor i9-9900K
Motherboard MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Cooling Corsair H115i Platinum RGB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3466 C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD - WD Black 2TB HDD
Display(s) Dell P2715Q 27" 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Power Supply Seasonic 860 watt Platinum
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Good. Maybe now he'll have some time to study basic English and sentence structure.

As was said -- this is like when Jim Keller left AMD. A clear sign of mismanagement if you lose talent like that.
Upper echelons of talent have so much money that it literally doesn't matter. What they are after is challenge and new experience. Seems like Intel stagnated for too long - this was probably fine business idea but it has its effects on top talent that is getting bored.

Without reporting it, maybe I was hoping people would get the message. With hindsight it's lucky I was not elected as a mod, I'd have nuked the forums from orbit.

Nah come on let em talk! Don't be afraid of ridiculous people or closed-minded ways of thinking, and in fact I personally enjoy seeing what thoughts are out there (no matter how silly they are).

Just engage their lunatic arguments and expose how crazy they are. It's fun!

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Yes, Intel is better for gaming, but if you haven't seen AMD is closing the gap every month.

Also a lot of people mention better at IPC. But to truly compare IPC you have to clock both chips at the same clocks, same memory speeds, etc, and then see which processor crunches data faster.

But most Intel that beat AMD Ryzen for what I seen like the 7700 needs nearly a full gigahertz more to do that.

And that's definitely not better IPC. Better OC gaming part yes, but more powerful and efficient NO.
its been tested that way, and cokes out several percent slower give or take a couple.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Gracefully bowing out before investors start demanding offerings of blood, is my take.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Why is a post about a company employee leaving turning into an AMD vs Intel fight? Can you lot please go make your own forum threads with your own topics please? You can fight as much as you want without destroying unrelated posts with your BS.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Why is a post about a company employee leaving turning into an AMD vs Intel fight? Can you lot please go make your own forum threads with your own topics please? You can fight as much as you want without destroying unrelated posts with your BS.

Are you serious? Are you that narrow sighted a that my comment has to be alluding to AMD v. Intel? It can't be me simply perceiving his actions as a very shrewd move in ending his long tenure at big blue on a high note, and possibly due in part to dissatisfied with how things are run over or some other friction? Because that is exactly what I was implying for him it is simply ending a good run and if there is any reckoning it has nothing to do with him . What does that have to do with AMD?

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Are you serious? Are you that narrow sighted a that my comment has to be alluding to AMD v. Intel? It can't be me simply perceiving his actions as a very shrewd move in ending his long tenure at big blue on a high note, and possibly due in part to dissatisfied with how things are run over or some other friction? Because that is exactly what I was implying for him it is simply ending a good run and if there is any reckoning it has nothing to do with him . What does that have to do with AMD?

Huh? Who rubbed you the wrong way this morning? This was not a reply to your comment, it was a general reflection on this thread that's way off topic. If anything, you were one of the few people on topic. Please re-read what I said.

The word you can be an individual or a group of people, even more so as I wrote "you lot" which means the people in this thread.