• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vega RX tested against the GTX 1080ti

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
You haven't read everything that I said or you didn't pay enough attention. Vulkan uses low level functionalities taken from Mantle that are no longer hardware and platform dependent otherwise if it does contain hardware design specific functionalities like you claim it wouldn't work on hardware different from AMD's. An open source , cross platform low-level API , cannot be biased from a functional point of view towards a set of hardware , it either supports it or not. ( and there is definitely hardware that doesn't support it from both AMD and Nvidia ) . That is like saying assembly code is biased towards Intel because you can use AVX instructions that their chips are built to better support it. While we all know that is dumb , AMD is free to make a design that better fits those instructions as well without having to fight with an inherent bias for Intel . All these arguments against Vulkan as a viable medium for comparing performance can be literally had for every other API.

You misread my post. You initially said Mantle formed Vulkan, I was suggesting it wasn't that way as it would undermine your comment.
Vulkan has little (though not nothing) to do with Mantle. And my other point was AMD worked closely with Khronos to get the best out of it for their hardware. I read a lot about Vulkan and how AMD worked hard to make it work well for them.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
And my other point was AMD worked closely with Khronos to get the best out of it for their hardware. I read a lot about Vulkan and how AMD worked hard to make it work well for them.

And I though you were suggesting it is inherently biased towards AMD no matter what , which seems to be the attitude most people have that is simply wrong. Nvidia can shell out at any time hardware that makes even better use of it than AMD's. As a matter of fact they technically sort of did , a 1080 with the same ballpark compute performance to a Fury X beats it by fair amount in Doom. In no way games using it should be dismissed in comparisons , it is dumb.

System Name Main setup
Processor i9 12900K
Motherboard Gigabyte z690 Gaming X
Cooling Water
Memory Kingston 32GB 5200@cl30
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTS 4090
Storage Adata SX8200 PRO 1 adn 2 TB, Samsung 960EVO, Crucial MX300 750GB Limited edition
Display(s) HP "cheapass" 34" 3440x1440
Case CM H500P Mesh
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933
Power Supply Corsair RX850i
Mouse G502
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
Software W11
They wish , they can't afford to do it. They were the ones that pioneered the exclusion of shady tactics fighting Intel off.

Nope , no one gets paid. Not directly. If you review a product from a company and they don't like your review in the future they wont send you a sample , if they don't send you a sample you as reviewer whom mostly can't afford to buy all the stuff your testing are going to be in a tight spot. Nowadays companies can't really pay you for "fake" reviews , that's illegal( at least not the ones as big as AMD ) but they can hurt your paycheck indirectly.

Aaa so that is Why TPU is so AMD friendly these days...... CHECK...... And we all know TPU make some of the best reviews so I guess the Knife in the Heart on the RX480 review was not in AMD's interest lol........ AMD try selling your S..... on TV-Shop that is where this Whole Circus belongs.....

System Name Skypas
Processor Intel Core i7-6700
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X Turbo
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG 22EA63V
Case Corsair Carbide 400Q
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2 w/ Deepcool XFan 120
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 Pro (to be replaced by 2025)
AMD's Mantle is used as the foundation of Vulkan API made by Khronos Group which the President is also working for Nvidia

:roll:

System Name Good enough
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
AMD's Mantle is used as the foundation of Vulkan API made by Khronos Group which the President is also working for Nvidia

:roll:

It's all just a conspiracy. :shadedshu:

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
i just actually watched the video.. 6 people could not tell the difference.. one saw a night and day difference.. 3 i think saw a minor difference .. 3 preferred the amd card and one the nvidia card..

conclusions.. frame rates are not the be all and end all it takes a fair variations to be noticeable.. nvidia loses out because of the high cost of g-sync panels..

in the end it comes down to cost with amd the clear winner even though i am sure nvidia will have the higher frame rates.. :)

i am pretty sure the same would happen if similar blind tests were done between ryzen and intel gaming systems with identical graphics cards.. at normal gaming resolutions any half decent cpu will do and the gpu is king amd or nvidia.. he he

trog

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Considering they brought up the 300$ difference again even though these systems are clearly more expensive one can conclude this time they used a different more expensive card, the only thing that I take away from this is that AMD might in fact have a card to go against the 1080ti one way or another.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
And I though you were suggesting it is inherently biased towards AMD no matter what

No, people think Vulkan is biased but it's (IMO) down to how DX9 up to DX11 proved difficult for AMD to adequately code for, making innefficient use of it's (some might argue) superior hardware. Vulkan allows more effective use of the AMD hardware without any penalty to Nvidia. Nvidia on the other hand coded very well during DX9-11 so the uplift in performance wasn't there until Pascal added some magic sauce to make better use of Nvidia's warp scheduling. If you compare hardware, AMD have on paper at least some very powerful looking cards which lose out to Nvidia's streamlined (after Fermi) approach. I think AMD's problem is linked to it's hardware though in that more hardware = more power = less desirable design for mobile and OEM's (that would prefer lower power envelopes).
If AMD stripped back on compute (like Nvidia did) they'd probably have a higher efficiency and allow faster clocks (that power play of core versus clocks is out of my league to discuss though). Look at Volta, GV100 as example of Nvidia's approach (which it can afford to do). GV100 is a different card to what we consumers will likely see - we have no need in gaming for Tensor (AI) cores. AMD design the same card for HPC and gaming. One is ideal, one is over engineered.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
@Vya Domus

I dont think this test should be thrown away.. hardly. The circumstances of the test need to be taken into consideration is all. Its absolute best light and subjective.

You said yourself GE doesnt have many games... this is one where amd gpus respond very well. Its running vulkan...which nvidia doesnt scale as well in... they are limiting frame rates and using free/gsync based panels.

I guess what i am saying is, first... cool, well done amd. You beat it out, subjectively, in the most favorable circumstances possible. Can we see what that is like without using vulkan (since so few games support it)? Without limiting fps or using free/gsync panels? Id think this is how most people game...

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
No, people think Vulkan is biased but it's (IMO) down to how DX9 up to DX11 proved difficult for AMD to adequately code for, making innefficient use of it's (some might argue) superior hardware. Vulkan allows more effective use of the AMD hardware without any penalty to Nvidia. Nvidia on the other hand coded very well during DX9-11 so the uplift in performance wasn't there until Pascal added some magic sauce to make better use of Nvidia's warp scheduling. If you compare hardware, AMD have on paper at least some very powerful looking cards which lose out to Nvidia's streamlined (after Fermi) approach. I think AMD's problem is linked to it's hardware though in that more hardware = more power = less desirable design for mobile and OEM's (that would prefer lower power envelopes).
If AMD stripped back on compute (like Nvidia did) they'd probably have a higher efficiency and allow faster clocks (that power play of core versus clocks is out of my league to discuss though). Look at Volta, GV100 as example of Nvidia's approach (which it can afford to do). GV100 is a different card to what we consumers will likely see - we have no need in gaming for Tensor (AI) cores. AMD design the same card for HPC and gaming. One is ideal, one is over engineered.
Vulkan moves most graphics optimizations to software developers. D3D11 and down as well as OGL put the graphics optimizations in hardware developer hands. NVIDIA was better at driver optimizations than AMD was. Or rather, I think NVIDIA is more willing to cut corners for higher frames than AMD is.

Price versus TFLOPs, AMD usually comes out on top. In gaming, AMD GPUs have more idle hardware. Even gimped at gaming as Vega is, it has higher theoretical TFLOPs than GTX 1080 Ti and Titan Xp.

As I said, NVIDIA cuts corners. Really crappy FP64 and FP16 performance is evidence of this. NVIDIA makes more GPU SKUs to force higher budget customers to higher budget hardware. AMD likes to give everyone access to everything so that, for example, games change significantly over to FP16, Vega will see a doubling of performance while Pascal will be better off using FP32 not benefiting at all.

Edit: if memory serves, D3D12_1 full compliance requires FP10 or FP16 support. Pascal is screwed on that one because they don't want AI customers buying up GeForce cards. Edit: Yup.

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
@Vya Domus
I guess what i am saying is, first... cool, well done amd. You beat it out, subjectively, in the most favorable circumstances possible. Can we see what that is like without using vulkan (since so few games support it)? Without limiting fps or using free/gsync panels? Id think this is how most people game...

I don't even consider who beats who with Vulkan. All I am saying is that this is not subjective at all. If you want to see what is like without it you are probably talking about DX 11 , but we already know that side of the story , AMD due to their drivers wont perform great. And DX12 is too much of a clusterfuck to take anything from it. With something like Vulkan you are seeing AMD and Nvidia cards on equal grounds with no software handicap probably for the first time since DX 9. I consider Doom to be the most relevant game to compare cards at their maximum potential , it scales perfectly with core count , clocks , memory bandwidth , compute performance , with no CPU bottlenecks. It is unfortunate that it is the only game where you get that.

Yes this test is useless with no fps/frametime meter , I already agreed with that.

Last edited:
It couldnt be more subjective bud. There arent any measureable metrics to form an objective conclusion. Just what 'looks' and 'feels' smoother. This testing is based off opinions and in a best case scenario environment. Id simply like to see more testing in games not using vulkan, without limiting fps and without using free/gsync panels. :)

Edit: Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. :). I did not mention, nor infer anything about having a fps counter. Same test in different games without limiting fps or using free/gsync panels. I dont care about the fps count. Lets see if that same subjective result holds up without the crutches. Simple.

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
It couldnt be more subjective bud. There arent any measureable metrics to form an objective conclusion. Just what 'looks' and 'feels' smoother. This testing is based off opinions and in a best case scenario environment. Id simply like to see more testing in games not using vulkan, without limiting fps and without using free/gsync panels. :)

I was referring to using Vulkan as an objective test with metrics in general. Yes , this "blind test" is subjective and useless for the most part. The only thing I take from it is that AMD might have something to compete with 1080ti since I do no believe this is the same card they used previously for the 1080 blind test.

Not sure how you can take away the rx vega competes with it from these testing parameters... but ok. :)

Good conversation... restores a sliver of faith in tpu conversations can be had where the parties disagree and not degrade to insults. :)

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Not sure how you can take away the rx vega competes with it from these testing parameters... but ok. :)

Not from the performance , but in the video the 300$ price difference was mentioned again. Since the system with the 1080ti obviously costs more than the one with the 1080 but the price difference remains the same one can assume logically that the AMD card in this test also costs more and it is a different one most likely faster than the one they put against the 1080 previously. It's just an educated guess , I don't know how it would work otherwise.

Good conversation... restores a sliver of faith in tpu conversations can be had where the parties disagree and not degrade to insults. :)

Well , this isn't wccftech after all , so no cancer. :)

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Vulkan moves most graphics optimizations to software developers. D3D11 and down as well as OGL put the graphics optimizations in hardware developer hands. NVIDIA was better at driver optimizations than AMD was. Or rather, I think NVIDIA is more willing to cut corners for higher frames than AMD is.

Price versus TFLOPs, AMD usually comes out on top. In gaming, AMD GPUs have more idle hardware. Even gimped at gaming as Vega is, it has higher theoretical TFLOPs than GTX 1080 Ti and Titan Xp.

As I said, NVIDIA cuts corners. Really crappy FP64 and FP16 performance is evidence of this. NVIDIA makes more GPU SKUs to force higher budget customers to higher budget hardware. AMD likes to give everyone access to everything so that, for example, games change significantly over to FP16, Vega will see a doubling of performance while Pascal will be better off using FP32 not benefiting at all.

Edit: if memory serves, D3D12_1 full compliance requires FP10 or FP16 support. Pascal is screwed on that one because they don't want AI customers buying up GeForce cards. Edit: Yup.
You have it as i see it except for the principal of cutting corners , imho nvidia didn't cut any corners , they juat made their last three generations of consumer cards pretty much pure 32bit power houses using an old but efficient shader design then optimising the crap out of it and node swapping it, it wasn't lazy or corner cutting it was sound technical design.
They can do this because they soley made gpus and had massive rnd budgets , and also because they had the resources to make three to four different skus per generation with a top dog compute card for double precision work and some outlier socs to break new markets.
Amds agenda and focus are both different and in scope larger so they don't have the resources to make four gpu, skus to compete and the two they make have to address the full market Nvidia also sells too.
Ie compromises abound for both but less so for nvidia atm.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Asus Vega XT64

14.099 (air-cooled) en 15.999 (water-cooled) South-African Rand, about 923 en 1047 EUROS.

Capture.JPG

https://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/52912/prijzen-en-persfotos-van-amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-duiken-op

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
They say blind test I hear we failed.
I could understand blind test only if Vega was suppose to be half the price of 1080ti.
Look its half the price its slower but you can't tell the difference.
And if they compare it to overclocked 1070 provable people could not tell the difference either.
Consumer advice if you want Vega performance for half the price buy 1070.

System Name Good enough
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
System Name Main setup
Processor i9 12900K
Motherboard Gigabyte z690 Gaming X
Cooling Water
Memory Kingston 32GB 5200@cl30
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTS 4090
Storage Adata SX8200 PRO 1 adn 2 TB, Samsung 960EVO, Crucial MX300 750GB Limited edition
Display(s) HP "cheapass" 34" 3440x1440
Case CM H500P Mesh
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933
Power Supply Corsair RX850i
Mouse G502
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
Software W11
my guess is it is priced a Little under the 1080ti that is why this blind test S.... is using a 1080ti, look it is as grate as....... :shadedshu:

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
if most people cant tell the difference it could be argued that the difference dosnt matter.. only maybe to a bunch of anally retentive argumentative brand name loyal geeks.. he he

trog

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
if most people cant tell the difference it could be argued that the difference dosnt matter.. only maybe to a bunch of anally retentive argumentative brand name loyal geeks.. he he

trog
How shall I put it ... I know, I'll use car analogy :laugh: ... this test is an equivalent of testing acceleration of cars by throwing them off the plane

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Blind testing is now bad...... Mmmmkay.

Or perhaps its your own blind eyes.

Its bad in this context yes, because it feels like a super weak excuse to sell a horribly overexpensive GPU with horrible performance per dollar, on the basis of 'it feels smooth'.

Come on.

@BiggieShady best car analogy 2017

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Its bad in this context yes, because it feels like a super weak excuse to sell a horribly overexpensive GPU with horrible performance per dollar, on the basis of 'it feels smooth'.

Come on.

@BiggieShady best car analogy 2017
Nah hed have to put a passenger in each then gauge their experience :);)