• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ENERMAX Launches LIQTECH TR4 AIO Liquid Cooler for AMD Threadripper

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ENERMAX, the designer and manufacturer of high-end PSU and CPU coolers, announces the launch of LIQTECH TR4, the closed-loop liquid coolers that are custom-designed especially for the top-end enthusiast Threadripper CPUs. The LIQTECH TR4's base plate can cover the entire Threadripper's IHS (integrated heat spreader) to deliver greater heat transfer efficiency and faster dissipation. Furthermore, with the innovative high-flow-rate pump and patented Shunt-Channel-Technology (SCT) coldplate design, LIQTECH TR4 can deliver extremely high cooling capacity of 500W+TDP for heavily overclocked CPUs and demanding HEDT systems.

Update 10/8: ENERMAX Updated the MSRP. The LIQTECH TR4 240 is priced at USD $129.99, and the LIQTECH TR4 360 at $149.99.

100% Coverage of Threadripper's IHS for Uncompromised Cooling Performance
LIQTECH TR4 series is especially engineered for the high-end desktop Threadripper line of CPUs from AMD. Tailored to fully cover Threadripper's integrated heat spreader for uncompromised cooling performance, LIQTECH TR4 is surely a perfect default choice for the AMD's high-core-count processors.

Incredible 500W+ TDP for Overclocking Support
LIQTECH TR4 liquid coolers can deliver extremely high TDP of 500W+; this cooling solution can easily handle a large amount of heat generated by the overclocked CPUs. To maximize the cooling performance, LIQTECH TR4 adopts the patented SCT design; the SCT can prevent the formation of the boundary layer and enhances the liquid flow inside the coldplate, which helps reduce the formation of hot spots. Moreover, LIQTECH TR4 is equipped with a new and robust pump with high flow rate up to 450 L/h to assure superior cooling efficiency.

LIQTECH TR4 features custom-made mounting kits for optimized contact force and easy installation. The installation video is available to help guide users through the installation. The series comes in 2 different radiator sizes: 360 mm and 240 mm; the coolers will be available on the shelf in late August 2017.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
Nice large slab of copper for full IHS contact. Is it right to assume 500W+ dissipation only for the 360mm while the 240mm will be around 100W or so less?

D

Deleted member 172152

Nice!

Just a shame youtube's latest BS made my favourite youtube burn out and I now don't want to make as many videos and stream more. That means I may end up getting a REALLY fast coffee lake 6-core, if Intel can pull their sh*t together anyway. Might even get a system builde to delid it then, so maybe, just maybe, I won't have a use for this awesome AIO. Fingers crossed 1920(x)'s and 1950x's oc well and coffee lake is yet another pile of steaming excrement in ANY way, shape or form (other than TIM, because I allow myself to delid anything up to 400 dollars), so I give it 0.5-1% chance I'm getting an Intel cpu. Because skylake-x isn't amazing, a coffee lake 6-core is my best bet with no higher-core alternatives and 14nm seems to have been milked to its limits, so I would say I'm safe and can get one of these awesome AIO's!

Enermax pressure focused fans are pretty good. Got their Twister Pressure which has same blades as these and it pushes some serious air through the fin stacks.

Here is teh thing LIQTECH TR4 liquid coolers can deliver extremely high TDP of 500W+; this cooling solution can easily handle a large amount of heat generated by the overclocked CPUs. To maximize the cooling performance, LIQTECH TR4 adopts the patented SCT design; the SCT can prevent the formation of the boundary layer and enhances the liquid flow inside the coldplate, which helps reduce the formation of hot spots. Moreover, LIQTECH TR4 is equipped with a new and robust pump with high flow rate up to 450 L/h to assure superior cooling efficiency.

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
"100% ThreadRipper IHS Coverage"
That may be true for the contact surface... but do the fins inside the block also cover that area? That's kind of important for optimal cooling, no?

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R