• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Launches the Atheris Wireless Notebook Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the Razer Atheris, the ultimate wireless notebook mouse with the world's longest-lasting battery life and lag-free wireless gaming-grade performance. Designed for mobile work and play to outlast any competition, the Razer Atheris offers up to 350 hours of continuous use on a single pair of AA batteries, providing power for even the most enduring boardroom meetings or intense gaming sessions.

The Razer Atheris is equipped with Razer's proprietary wireless Adaptive Frequency Technology (AFT) providing industry-leading transmission for the most reliable, stable connection. AFT is enabled through a compact USB dongle that stores away conveniently in the mouse, and Bluetooth LE connectivity is also available for devices without a USB port.

With a 7200 DPI optical sensor, the Razer Atheris is capable of blazing accuracy across multiple high-resolution monitors and provides the unfair advantage when it comes to work or play. Sporting a sleek and compact ambidextrous design, the Razer Atheris is suitable for both right and left-handers.

"We created the Razer Atheris to be the ultimate mobile productivity mouse - allowing users to bring their A-game in any situation whether it's in the boardroom or the gaming arena," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "The Razer Atheris outperforms and outlasts the competition with unparalleled reliability."

The Razer Atheris is available now at RazerStore.com. It will be available worldwide in Q4.

Price: U.S. $49.99 / EU €59.99.

Product features:
  • 350-hour continuous use on a single pair of AA batteries (On Bluetooth mode)
  • 7,200 DPI optical sensor
  • Dual connectivity
    o In-built Bluetooth (BLE)
    o 2.4 GHz connection with Adaptive Frequency Technology
  • Ambidextrous ergonomic form factor
  • Compact and mobile ready (Dongle fits in the mouse, no extra carrying case required)
  • Five independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
  • Approximate size: 99.7 mm / 3.9 in (Length) X 62.8 mm / 2.5 in (Width) X 34.1 mm / 1.35 in (Height)
  • Approximate weight 66g / 0.14 lbs (Excluding batteries)
For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Dual connectivity
o In-built Bluetooth (BLE)
o 2.4 GHz connection with Adaptive Frequency Technology
Reminds me of old dual-mode Logitech mice and keyboards. Used to have an MX5500, which could work in either BT or proprietary RF modes. Excellent feature!

The only two things that really bother me are it's size and quality (for that price). I'm really tired of wireless mice sized for malaysian middle-schoolers. It's not like increasing size and weight will somehow drain the battery or make it unbearable to carry around... And for that price it has nothing extraordinary to offer (actually a lot less than you expect)...
1) The "Five programmable buttons" are about as vague and mundane as a $10 gaming mouse from Aliexpress.
2) They call a generic mechanical encoder a "Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel". I almost spilled coffee on my keyboard from laughing.
3) No word on switch types, so you can expect Kailh or generic no-name crap instead of Omron (otherwise they would've mentioned it along other nonsense like 1000Hz polling rate and uber-high-DPI)
4) USB dongle storage does not make any sense. Even the cheapest of the cheap wireless mice have a better solution. like a special slider in front, or a compartment near batteries. This thing is a sure way to break the top cover and rip your fingernails a dozen times, before your warranty expires.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Seriously, does really anyone buys those expensive and useless mice anymore?? I mean you can find 1$ mouse on Amazon with similar specs for laptops:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07428XQ68/?tag=tec06d-20
Literally using a $5 gaming mouse right now. Better than all the Razers and Logitechs and Stealseries mice I tried and returned because they didn't even come close.

It's this one btw. :
https://www.amazon.de/Gaming-Laser-...e=UTF8&qid=1502893865&sr=8-1&keywords=Maxxter

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Literally using a $5 gaming mouse right now. Better than all the Razers and Logitechs and Stealseries mice I tried and returned because they didn't even come close.

It's this one btw. :
https://www.amazon.de/Gaming-Laser-...e=UTF8&qid=1502893865&sr=8-1&keywords=Maxxter

I just can't agree with you man. May be you have some disappointing experiences, but I've tried cheap and expensive many times and the difference is night and day. Yes, you will have a cursor on your screen with both, but generalizing like this, I just can't agree. Perhaps the best mice I've come across so far is the Logitech M705. Price/performance is amazing with it and if you do some photo editing or SketchUp modeling it is a very big helper.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
I just can't agree with you man. May be you have some disappointing experiences, but I've tried cheap and expensive many times and the difference is night and day. Yes, you will have a cursor on your screen with both, but generalizing like this, I just can't agree. Perhaps the best mice I've come across so far is the Logitech M705. Price/performance is amazing with it and if you do some photo editing or SketchUp modeling it is a very big helper.
Well, it's a two-sided coin here. On one hand you have a decent sensor (probably PMW3330 or something similar) and dual-connectivity (RF+BLE), on the other - bad form-factor, unknown switches and definitely a crappy scrollwheel.
It is marketed as a top-tier "work and play" mouse, but beyond optical sensor it does not feature any distinct features of either. So, as sad as it sounds, it is no better than 1600DPI generic chinese mouse.
That 7200dpi won't be ever used on a laptop (pretty sure a person w/ 4K laptop has some other options besides a midget mouse), it's too small for regular desktop use, gaming will be a horrid experience since both cheap switches and mechanical scrollwheels tend to break fast (even on relatively expensive mice, like Razer Deathadder). Also, at $50 you should have at least a built-in LiPo cell and an ability to charge and play on USB, like some other mice in this price range.

If someone is going to spend that much money on a tiny laptop mouse, might as well go with an overpriced Logitech MX Anywhere 2S. It has all the bells and whistles, including rechargeable 500mAh battery, almost double active time on full charge, Omron switches, optical encoder and 4000dpi sensor with fine-tuning. Plus you get a software bonus: multi-PC control (kinda like KVM, but better). And note, that it's not even marketed as suitable for gaming, but will do the job better than this PoS.

Can't believe it's not rechargeable with battery life that pitiful. Any modern Logitech mouse is a better option whether it uses AA/AAA batteries with a life span measured in months or rechargeable.