• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Skylake-X HCC CPU Delidded by Der8auer, also not Soldered

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
Not 500 MHz. 200 MHz, even, is pushing it. Yeah, some chips do well, but some do not, too.

Like listen; I did offer to get a de-lidder from der8uaer, pop the top off of ALL my CPUs, and happily verify his results. Unfortunately, I didn't get one, and they aren't really for sale (always sold out, or perhaps, not even being made in the first place). So whatever...

Like you also have to consider this: Here is a guy that sells a product to delid CPUs, telling you that you are being ripped off, and that you should delid. Oh and hey, buy HIS delidder to do it, too. :wtf:

for sure, the gains vary quite a lot from chip to chip down to how big the gap is and how much tim is filling it. but at the same time oc headroom also varies and as such the voltage needed for one chip to gain 200mhz can see another gain 500. the ic lotto is still a thing but with these modern chips from intel there are more variables to take into effect now.

as for de8uaer, for sure part of his delid videos must be to promote his product, but not the amd one, right?

you say that like you need a tool to do it, like it's the only way. i have done a couple with just a vice and piece of 2 by 4...i know plenty that have just used a craft knife.

to go back to the tim and car guy stuffs, lsd vs live axle, disk brakes vs drums. one is adequate while the other is optimal. would you pay top dollar for a car with adequate brakes, or adequate drive train?

no it is expected to have optimal acceleration and breaking. the heat transfer from a HEDT cpu is much the same in my eyes. the mainstream platform i can understand. if they were to clock much higher it would for sure eat into their higher platform, but these are the top desktop platform.

Shorter than what? I'm rocking an Ivy Bridge with shitty TIM and still see little urge to go bigger - urge as in, its really hard to justify the upgrade given the cost and performance I gain.

By comparison, if you ran a soldered FX at 5 Ghz, you'd have moved to an Intel alternative two years ago at least.

Again, could-woulda-shoulda, versus reality - this is always the case with any AMD versus Intel discussion: dreams of a better future versus the actual market. Note that the dreamers are not successful here.

the upgrade cycle would be shorter if they if they're only able to reach smaller overclocks.

why do you feel the need to bring amd into a discussion about intel?

could-woulda-shoulda is what you seem to like talking about, what are you trying to achieve?

it is almost as if you think attacking something else will move the topic away from the fact intel are cheaping out by making their top of the line desktop with sub optimal heat transfer.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
you say that like you need a tool to do it, like it's the only way. i have done a couple with just a vice and piece of 2 by 4...i know plenty that have just used a craft knife.
SkyLake-X is a complicated CPU with a secondary PCB under the IHS that the IHS attaches to (IHS attaches to both PCBs). Using blades to remove the top is not as easy as other chips, which I have done countless times, been doing delids myself since SKT754.

I don't NEED a tool, you are right, but ensuring that I'm not wasting my time if I kill the CPU does add some security to doing it that I do need, yes, because of the aforementioned complexity. I don't want to accidentally pull the IHS, and then pull the smaller substrate with it.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Is it really sub-optimal though? I mean, works fine at stock, and can handle some pretty beefy overclocking. Sure it may not be, 'the best' solution, so I guess by definition it isn't optimal, but, it really isn't holding much back, let's be honest here.

Certainly we would like to have seen 'optimal' TIM(solder), but, again, I can understand the market, most aren't overclocking #1, and #2, those that are overclocking 99% of them are not looking to max the chip out to the edge of stability (as dave said).

So, sure, sub optimal. But, its really not a big deal considering the big picture. It isn't something to be upset about, again considering the big picture and real world results with 'average joe' type cooling. Its like throwing in a raciing radiator in a car when nearly nobody uses that type of vehicle to race...it isn't a racecar. The capacity isn't needed. (yay for a likely failed car analogy!).

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Personally I think most of us should be able to afford a new build every year easily. That being said I just keep my machines together and just get all new stuff.
I think not. Pretty damn many are still kicking with Sandy Bridge to be honest. ;)

Actually, there IS a good reason... supplying power to 6 cores instead of 4 requires a different electrical pinout for the socket. It's not that current chipset is incompatible... it's the socket itself that is. You can't make circuits magically re-form themselves; at least, not yet.
Agree, but perhaps something like making a Coffee Lake supporting BIOS only to "good" motherboards would maybe worked also..? At least in my thoughts. :toast:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I think not. Pretty damn many are still kicking with Sandy Bridge to be honest. ;)

Agree, but perhaps something like making a Coffee Lake supporting BIOS only to "good" motherboards would maybe worked also..? At least in my thoughts. :toast:
The info as to what is going on with unannounced platforms will come out in due time. I currently can't comment more. ;)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
the upgrade cycle would be shorter if they if they're only able to reach smaller overclocks.

why do you feel the need to bring amd into a discussion about intel?

could-woulda-shoulda is what you seem to like talking about, what are you trying to achieve?

it is almost as if you think attacking something else will move the topic away from the fact intel are cheaping out by making their top of the line desktop with sub optimal heat transfer.

- Solder or not has absolutely zero to do with requiring to upgrade faster. The vast majority of people are not overclocking their CPUs at all, its not a market share Intel cares about. And at stock, all of these CPUs are still extremely competitive if not top of the line, while not throttling due to TIM. There is no reason whatsoever to prefer solder in the most common segments of the market, or even more than 90% of it.
- The AMD vs Intel discussion matters because a comparison must be made, and has been made. Ryzen is soldered, and considered 'better to buy' because of that by some.
- Intel does perhaps cheap out here. And so does every other company all over the world, somewhere with something. Its business, this is why the comparison also matters - if you have the best product at any given time, you win the race.

Honestly, is this all so hard to grasp? Is this really to be seen as an attack, or merely an observation to serve this discussion? If something is hard to swallow for you, that usually means it has a truth to it that you haven't accepted yet.

@Th3pwn3r
Well, then enjoy garbage overpriced products because no one is apparently allowed to be critical when appropriate.

Between this and reading your posts about how case manufacturers are also retarded, I feel like you should be making all of your own components and computers from scratch haha.

If you can't afford a $2,000-$3,000 expense on top of all your other costs of living then I suggest a career or another career. I lived paycheck to paycheck for a part of my life, worked my ass off but a better career choice made all the difference much faster.

- Solder or not has absolutely zero to do with requiring to upgrade faster. The vast majority of people are not overclocking their CPUs at all, its not a market share Intel cares about. And at stock, all of these CPUs are still extremely competitive if not top of the line, while not throttling due to TIM. There is no reason whatsoever to prefer solder in the most common segments of the market, or even more than 90% of it.
- The AMD vs Intel discussion matters because a comparison must be made, and has been made. Ryzen is soldered, and considered 'better to buy' because of that by some.
- Intel does perhaps cheap out here. And so does every other company all over the world, somewhere with something. Its business, this is why the comparison also matters - if you have the best product at any given time, you win the race.

Honestly, is this all so hard to grasp? Is this really to be seen as an attack, or merely an observation to serve this discussion? If something is hard to swallow for you, that usually means it has a truth to it that you haven't accepted yet.

The problem is that we are not the vast majority so we cry about these things. We also tend to cry about them as if we were going to spend the $1,000+ on these objects in the first place knowing damn well we're not. :D

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
It isn't something to be upset about, again considering the big picture and real world results with 'average joe' type cooling. Its like throwing in a raciing radiator in a car when nearly nobody uses that type of vehicle to race...it isn't a racecar. The capacity isn't needed. (yay for a likely failed car analogy!).
That's one of the better car analogies imo. I still hate the fact that delidding is basically mandatory if you want to max the chip out, but what you said makes a lot of sense tbh. I'm changing my stance to 'on the fence'. ;)

That's one of the better car analogies imo. I still hate the fact that delidding is basically mandatory if you want to max the chip out, but what you said makes a lot of sense tbh. I'm changing my stance to 'on the fence'. ;)

I disagree, a lot of race cars have 1/2 size radiators which are actually terrible for cooling lol. Size and weight restrictions suck.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
I still hate the fact that delidding is basically mandatory if you want to max the chip out
They're already damn near maxed out as it is at stock speeds. What? Do you think Intel clocks these chips at a specific speed just for the lulz? No, they clock them at a specific speed because they know that that's the limit at which the chip is stable and will stay within the thermal limits of the design.

Intel knows that (despite the so-called "cheap" TIM) the chip will perform to the factory specifications and be stable while doing so. If you so choose to want to push the chip farther, that's on you.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
If you can't afford a $2,000-$3,000 expense on top of all your other costs of living then I suggest a career or another career. I lived paycheck to paycheck for a part of my life, worked my ass off but a better career choice made all the difference much faster.

2000-3000 euros/dollars?! Hell no, budget gamer since 2004! :D

The info as to what is going on with unannounced platforms will come out in due time. I currently can't comment more. ;)
I guess it's the lovely thing called NDA? :toast:

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
These new chips are already running at damn near max frequencies. These aren't the days of Ivy Bridge where your overclocking headroom was so huge that you could get a whole 1 GHz more out of the chip. The only reason why you could do that was because they were (at manufacturing time) clocked far lower than they were truly capable of being clocked at. Not all chips could clock that high, some only managed 500 MHz more. It depended upon if you won the silicon lottery on not.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I guess it's the lovely thing called NDA? :toast:

I try to not sign those things, and don't currently with Intel. I just know when to keep my lips together. As long as I do that, then I don't have to worry about signing, too. It's those that can't keep quiet that are forced to sign to get stuff.

These new chips are already running at damn near max frequencies.

No, they aren't. That's AMD, unfortunately. For example stock speed for all cores on my 7900X is 3.3 GHz. I can clock it to 4.8 if I wanted to throw $$$ in WC gear if I wanted to.

No, they clock them at a specific speed because they know that that's the limit at which the chip is stable and will stay within the thermal limits of the design.

No, actually they clock them at a speed that ALL of the chips will work at those speeds, and with a bit of overhead, because of Turbo 2.0/3.0. There will be some that can go higher, and some that go nowhere at all.

It's also not just about stability; max TDP and overall power used play a very significant role in this too. CPUs are electrical devices, and it is electrical properties that determine what each chip ends up as.

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
They're already damn near maxed out as it is at stock speeds. What? Do you think Intel clocks these chips at a specific speed just for the lulz? No, they clock them at a specific speed because they know that that's the limit at which the chip is stable and will stay within the thermal limits of the design.

Intel knows that (despite the so-called "cheap" TIM) the chip will perform to the factory specifications and be stable while doing so. If you so choose to want to push the chip farther, that's on you.

By 'max it out' I meant with high end water upwards and going beyond safe 24/7 voltages and going right to the edge of stability for no reason other than fun.. Not the tame 24/7 clocks. But even if I was talking about 24/7, I was stuck at 4.5ghz on my 6700k, de-lidding and sticking the waterblock on the bare die dropped temps dramatically and with thermals under control I could go another 300mhz on ambient cooling. No it might not be worth the effort to some, but since mine wasn't overclocking as well as I wanted, I was pretty damn happy afterwards. Even if it was a good clocker to begin with, knowing that 2-300mhz is there unavailable to me would drive me nuts. It's just how I think, I don't care if it's not particularly logical.

Last edited:
These new chips are already running at damn near max frequencies. These aren't the days of Ivy Bridge where your overclocking headroom was so huge that you could get a whole 1 GHz more out of the chip. The only reason why you could do that was because they were (at manufacturing time) clocked far lower than they were truly capable of being clocked at. Not all chips could clock that high, some only managed 500 MHz more. It depended upon if you won the silicon lottery on not.
You have it backwards. Like these guys said, AMD is maxed out, not intel. Ryzen 7 maxes out at 400 mhz over its base clock, 7900x can get 1 ghz on high end air over its baseclock. Well over that with better cooling and silicon... even with TIM vs solder. ;)

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Its like throwing in a racing radiator in a car when nearly nobody uses that type of vehicle to race...it isn't a racecar. The capacity isn't needed. (yay for a likely failed car analogy!).
The analogy's okay, but a better one might be like using a $300 racing head gasket on your grocery-getter minivan - it won't ever blow out, but the $100 gasket will also work great, and you're probably not going to get in a street race on the way home from soccer practice anyway. If you do get a little crazy one day and challenge a Mustang, it still (probably) won't blow the gasket, it'll just run a bit hotter. So save the $200 and get some better tires or something...

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/

you seem unable to get the point. solder has an impact on the temp which in turn has an impact on the overclocking headroom. max stable overclock impacts the performance and the performance dictates the upgrade cycle. the more performance people can squeeze from their cpu, the long it takes for them to feel the need to upgrade.

again with the amd attacks....why do you think that matters when they have not been cheaping out with the heat transfer ability of their chips? as said by more than one person they might even need to solder them to attain the speeds they are right now? we are talking about how intel used to solder their top chips and have now stopped. you are the one who is now rehashing outlandish claims in an attempt to justify the comment.

"best" is a subjective term. for most people paying for their cpu price : performance has a massive impact on how they define it, so which chips win that race? for some being able to attain the biggest % of overclock and gain the most "free performance" is the best, which the lack of solder hinders. to others just the feeling that the item they buy is as good as anybody is able to make right now is best. how does cheaping out on the tim effect that "best"?

also if intel did not care about overclocking do you think it would have dedicated platforms just for the ability to overclock?

would they sell different sku just so that people can pay for that ability?

could it be they really do care about overclocking, to the point at which they want to have more control over how much people are able to do it?

By 'max it out' I meant with high end water upwards and going beyond safe 24/7 voltages and going right to the edge of stability for no reason other than fun.. Not the tame 24/7 clocks. But even if I was talking about 24/7, I was stuck at 4.5ghz on my 6700k, de-lidding and sticking the waterblock on the bare die dropped temps dramatically and with thermals under control I could go another 300mhz on ambient cooling. No it might not be worth the effort to some, but since mine wasn't overclocking as well as I wanted, I was pretty damn happy afterwards. Even if it was a good clocker to begin with, knowing that 2-300mhz is there unavailable to me would drive me nuts. It's just how I think, I don't care if it's not particularly logical.

i feel much the same dude, i have seen ivy and haswell chips behave much the same and my current 67k is equally limited.

idk maybe when you buy these things to try and squeeze as much performance out of them as you can get 24/7, the little details like this matter more?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
idk maybe when you buy these things to try and squeeze as much performance out of them as you can get 24/7, the little details like this matter more?

That's an affect (no, not a typo) of the mentality represented by users that do so, that new users that start into this "overclocking" hobby adopt. I mean, after all, that's what overclocking really used to be, before it was turned into a selling point. And because it's an affect (again, not a typo), it might not be the actual right approach. So when it was turned into a selling point, this affect was considered, and now we have things like every single multiplier, PER CORE of a CPU, already having a pre-programmed VID.

And while you may think Intel sells "K" SKU CPUs for overclocking, again, this is an affect of the community. "K" SKUs are ALREADY OC'ed for you. The power and cooling needs are increased already, and that should have been the first sign that THAT is what Intel is supporting... they have pre-OC'd the "K" SKUs for you. That's why many of these chips come without a cooler... you need to buy better than what Intel provides with the other chips, and the power increases considerably 65W - 95W is a near 50% increase in power consumed.

Unfortunately, marketing and reviewers have portrayed this differently than what it really is, but the truth of the matter is printed right on the box. Sure, you do also get "unlocked" multipliers, but do keep in mind that those multis already have VIDs programmed. If Intel truly wanted you to OC as you'd like to define it, they'd not have to waste their time doing things like programming the multipliers above stock with VIDs.

maybe when you buy these things to try and squeeze as much performance out of them as you can get 24/7, the little details like this matter more?
Welcome to the 1%...

As we said, most dont care. Its not a big deal. I like to push things to the limit and this frankly doesnt bother me. I mean, what is 200 mhz more IF IM LUCKY (we went over it at this end of overclocking you arent gaining much..even gave my results).

Again, even with the 'not optimal tim' its still overclocking way further than the competition.

I also agree it has very lite to do with the upgrade cycle by gaining 200 mhz with better TIM. Seriously, 200 mhz isnt going to let you keep your processor for much longer...

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Mouse Logitech MX518
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro

You have it backwards. Like these guys said, AMD is maxed out, not intel. Ryzen 7 maxes out at 400 mhz over its base clock, 7900x can get 1 ghz on high end air over its baseclock. Well over that with better cooling and silicon... even with TIM vs solder. ;)
Well, let's wait that AMD can optimize Zen. Coffee Lake is like Skylake v3 with more cores, so hell yes Intel had optimized their process.

And yes, I still have a Kaby Lake CPU, I'm just not a fanboy.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Should of waited for Coffeelake, could of picked up your quad core as a i3, and saved some money or gotten a six core no hyperthreading i5.

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Okay 9700 Pro, as in RADEON 9700 PRO, you're obviously an AMD fan, you named yourself after one of their GPUs. But okay, whatever you say, no fanboys here, keep moving...

Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Memory 64GB TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34-1T
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Audio Device(s) 8ch LPCM via HDMI to Yamaha Z7 Receiver
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
RADEON 9700 PRO, you're obviously an AMD fan, you named yourself after one of their GPUs.

How dare you be so ignorant!

The 9700 pro wasn't made by AMD!

Thats like calling me a General Motors fanboi because my name on some other forum is "Turbo9000"(hands down this is the best car analogy in this thread.)

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
So does that make @P4-630 a Intel fanboy then I presume since he named himself after the Pentium 4 630?
21JZRQ766GL.jpg