• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aqua Computer Intros cuplex kryos NEXT TR4 Water Block for Ryzen Threadripper

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Aqua Computer rolled out the cuplex kryos NEXT TR4, a variant of their cuplex kryos NEXT flagship CPU water block with support for AMD socket TR4, designed for Ryzen Threadripper HEDT processors. Available in all the variants the cuplex kryos NEXT normally comes in, we have options with a copper, nickel-plated copper, and even silver cold plate variants with POM acetal, acrylic, and metal tops. The blocks feature a dense copper micro-fin lattice with 200 μm spacing between fins, standard G 1/4 threading. These new blocks come with factory-fitted socket TR4 retention modules, and include a tube of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal compound. Available now, the exposed-copper cold plate variant is priced at 59.90€, and the nickel-plated copper variant at 64.90€ with other variants priced as can be seen on the Aqua Computer web shop. Aqua Computer also mentioned that given the lack of sales of the X399 platform, they are not looking into making a new design to match the larger CPU IHS at this time.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:
@VSG : Any plans for Threadripper waterblock reviews?
I doubt there would be much point doing that as most of the TR blocks are just existing blocks with a new bracket plus some extra placebo (I.E the EK block that adds 5mm of bonus metal to each end which does absolutely nothing).

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
For the threadripper, the surface seems to me small. For all other CPUs, the cooling unit is excellent. I was expecting a special block for Threadripper.

Is there going to be a Version with their LCD on the CPU waterblock ? The massive Socket would have made for a perfect solution implementing such a Thing !

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG : Any plans for Threadripper waterblock reviews?

I would like to, but I don't have the hardware (CPU/motherboard etc) to do the tests. This is really the platform for the pinnacle of current CPU block design.

I doubt there would be much point doing that as most of the TR blocks are just existing blocks with a new bracket plus some extra placebo (I.E the EK block that adds 5mm of bonus metal to each end which does absolutely nothing).

This is their quick solution for the socket, and a more dedicated design is being made now. It is this second solution that will also have the fancier features such as VISION, RGB lighting and so on.

Shoggy

Aqua Computer Rep
Is there going to be a Version with their LCD on the CPU waterblock ? The massive Socket would have made for a perfect solution implementing such a Thing !
The news is a bit misleading since it sounds we only have these two blocks. Of course you can get ALL kryos NEXT variants for TR4. By the way: these are the normal blocks and only the mounting accessory is different.

We had plans to manufacture a revised version (no stupid enlargement) for Threadripper but we also have an eye on its sales volume and it clearly tells us that it is not worth the effort at the moment.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Sad, but not surprising. I will update the post in a short while.