• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces Availability of X370 GAMING M7 ACK Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI is proud to announce the on-shelf availability of its latest high-end AM4 motherboard - the X370 GAMING M7 ACK. To satisfy even the most demanding gamers who are looking for the best performance and style, the new AM4 Enthusiast GAMING flagship, X370 GAMING M7 ACK, is in stores now and ready to cater to any type of gamer, PC enthusiast, or case modder. The X370 GAMING M7 ACK is also world's first AM4 motherboard to feature Killer DoubleShot PRO, combining Killer Ethernet with Killer WIFI AC.

The X370 GAMING M7 ACK is a prime example of why MSI leads the gaming industry in both innovation and performance. Gamers know and trust MSI because MSI always delivers the hardware they need to stay on top of their games. Providing the best networking experience is critical and by including the Killer Ethernet E2500 and Killer Wireless 1535 on the X370 GAMING M7 ACK motherboard, MSI ensures that their customers will have the best possible online gaming experience.

Killer DoubleShot Pro
Killer DoubleShot Pro provides unprecedented speed, intelligence, and control for systems that have both Killer Wireless-AC and Killer Ethernet. DoubleShot Pro automatically picks the fastest network connection (Ethernet or Wireless) and sends all high priority traffic over that interface. All standard traffic is then sent over the other interface. This ensures the highest priority traffic will always be put on the fastest and most reliable link. Killer technology will automatically identify latency sensitive gaming and voice traffic and send it over the fastest interface.

Killer DoubleShot Pro allows the use of both the Killer Wireless and Killer Ethernet interfaces at the same time. This will provide more usable bandwidth to the end user. Killer Ethernet is capable of handling 1Gbps of traffic and the Killer Wireless-AC (2x2 11ac) is capable of handling 867 Mbps of traffic. Killer DoubleShot Pro allows both of these interfaces to work at the same time which will give the end user max throughput as high as 1.867Gbps.

Killer Control Center will give users direct control over both network interfaces with one easy to use application so they can customize priority and bandwidth for all network traffic. The Applications Page will show users which application traffic is going to which interface and will show how much bandwidth each app is using.

M.2 Shield Frozr
The X370 GAMING M7 ACK includes two Turbo M.2 slots for gamers to enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely quick loading of games and applications when using NVMe based SSDs. M.2 Shield FROZR is also present to make sure SSDs never throttle. Being integrated with the M7's heatsink design allows thicker materials to be used to cool SSDs. That way M.2 Shield FROZR prevents throttling of SSDs even better than ever, allowing them to continuously operate at maximum performance during long gaming sessions.

For sound, you can locate your enemies with your eyes closed using Audio Boost 4, powerd by Nahamic 2+. Being an Enthusiast GAMING motherboard also means it supports unprecedented overclocking. With a DigitALL power design, plenty of power phases and OC Engine2, the X370 GAMING M7 ACK is the perfect choice to achieve the maximum overclock for your setup. For storage and easy connectivity, Turbo U.2 with Steel Armor and front USB 3.1 gen2 type-C is available to be able to use the latest and fastest devices with more convenience.

Besides the tons of features and plenty of connectivity options the X370 GAMING M7 ACK has to offer, it also allows for unlimited customization. Use Mystic light to personalize your gaming rig by changing to 16.8 million different colors and 17 LED effect from the RGB LEDs.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Shitty LEDs, shitty wired ethernet, AND shitty wireless ethernet? Truly this board has it all!

Man, I remember when motherboard manufacturers used to differentiate themselves from each other with useful, practical features.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Shitty LEDs, shitty wired ethernet, AND shitty wireless ethernet? Truly this board has it all!

Man, I remember when motherboard manufacturers used to differentiate themselves from each other with useful, practical features.

That's curious their picture looks like an intel 7265/8260 series card.

Shitty LEDs, shitty wired Ethernet, AND shitty wireless Ethernet? Truly this board has it all!

You must be in dire need of cheese..

The onboard lan is a Killer E2500. Not crappy. The wireless card is a Killer wireless AC, again not crappy. Or do you have a problem with Killer devices. If you do, you are in the severe minority..

Now if you'd complained about the audio, ok.

System Name No name / Purple Haze
Processor Phenom II 1100T @ 3.8Ghz / Pentium 4 3.4 EE Gallatin @ 3.825Ghz
Motherboard MSI 970 Gaming/ Abit IC7-MAX3
Cooling CM Hyper 212X / Scythe Andy Samurai Master (CPU) - Modded Ati Silencer 5 rev. 2 (GPU)
Memory 8GB GEIL GB38GB2133C10ADC + 8GB G.Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBXL / 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000
Video Card(s) Asus R9 Fury X Strix (4096 SP's/1050 Mhz)/ PowerColor X850XT PE @ (600/1230) AGP + (HD3850 AGP)
Storage Samsung 250 GB / WD Caviar 160GB
Display(s) Benq XL2411T
Audio Device(s) motherboard / Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro + Front panel
Power Supply Tagan BZ 900W / Corsair HX620w
Mouse Zowie AM
Keyboard Qpad MK-50
Software Windows 7 Pro 64Bit / Windows XP
Benchmark Scores 64CU Fury: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11269229 / X850XT PE http://www.3dmark.com/3dm05/5532432
If they are still using nikos on the cpu vrm I wouldn't even bother with this board.

It has some interesting features, 2x M.2 ports... only ASRock is offering this.. and a USB 3.1 g2 front header which only ASUS and Gigabyte offer.. so they have good things from two sides

Sadly I don't know why I just don't feel that I'am an msi type person...

Now we need more companies to release AM4 motherboards, but please more microATX options specially with X370 chipset...

X370 chipset on microATX
2x M.2 slots
6x SATA Ports
Front USB 3.1g2 header + the usual back Type-C + Type-A
High Quality Audio codec + DAC + headphone amplifier.
RGB options (including headers) will be a plus as long as they can be turned off

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Ok, does everyone need to be so whiny? Seriously..

Why are people picky about what quality components go into one of the more expensive parts of their build? Gee I don't know maybe because they don't want to do it twice.

And for reference killer nics are garbage realtek parts and unless that changed they are still going to be garbage. The gold standard for nics is Intel.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
It has some interesting features,

2x M.2 slots
6x SATA Ports
Front USB 3.1g2 header + the usual back Type-C + Type-A
High Quality Audio codec + DAC + headphone amplifier.
RGB options (including headers) will be a plus as long as they can be turned off

Hummm... interesting that you would say that, considering the my Z170 board has all of this, and it is 1.5yrs old already....maybe I just got lucky :D

Why are people picky about what quality components go into one of the more expensive parts of their build? Gee I don't know maybe because they don't want to do it twice.
If it were a fly-by-night company that isn't well known for quality, there would plenty of room for concern. But MSI doesn't qualify in such a group. So really? Would you like cheese with your whine?
And for reference killer nics are garbage realtek parts and unless that changed they are still going to be garbage. The gold standard for nics is Intel.
Out of curiousity, I googled your point. Found little more than a bunch of whiny special snowflakes making claims without any real evidence to back them up. Couple that with the fact that I've actually looked at the chips on the card and they look NOTHING like Realtek chips. Then there's the fact that I've actually benchmarked Killer devices VS others, including Intel, and Killer is at the top of the pack, beating Intel in many of them. So, yeah calling BS on that nonsense.

What seems to be going on here is a bunch of fanboys joining the crowd of whiny special snowflakes making mountains out of mole-hills. But hey, it's funny and amusing, carry on..

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
If it were a fly-by-night company that isn't well known for quality, there would plenty of room for concern. But MSI doesn't qualify in such a group. So really? Would you like cheese with your whine?

Out of curiousity, I googled your point. Found little more than a bunch of whiny special snowflakes making claims without any real evidence to back them up. Couple that with the fact that I've actually looked at the chips on the card and they look NOTHING like Realtek chips. Then there's the fact that I've actually benchmarked Killer devices VS others, including Intel, and Killer is at the top of the pack, beating Intel in many of them. So, yeah calling BS on that nonsense.

What seems to be going on here is a bunch of fanboys joining the crowd of whiny special snowflakes making mountains out of mole-hills. But hey, it's funny and amusing, carry on..

MSI is mediocre at best tear downs of their products show this.

and you couldn't find any links like this?

http://www.pcgamer.com/motherboards-with-killer-network-adapters-arent-worth-your-money/

And I do apologize they use Atheros adapters. I guess those are fine if you want to be sober and vomit.

Let me do a quick comparison for you as to why they are garbage. How many server boards use an Atheros adapter for the main lan? How many stand alone 10GB cards are they making? Who is the go to adapter for all of that? Intel.

System Name No name / Purple Haze
Processor Phenom II 1100T @ 3.8Ghz / Pentium 4 3.4 EE Gallatin @ 3.825Ghz
Motherboard MSI 970 Gaming/ Abit IC7-MAX3
Cooling CM Hyper 212X / Scythe Andy Samurai Master (CPU) - Modded Ati Silencer 5 rev. 2 (GPU)
Memory 8GB GEIL GB38GB2133C10ADC + 8GB G.Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBXL / 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000
Video Card(s) Asus R9 Fury X Strix (4096 SP's/1050 Mhz)/ PowerColor X850XT PE @ (600/1230) AGP + (HD3850 AGP)
Storage Samsung 250 GB / WD Caviar 160GB
Display(s) Benq XL2411T
Audio Device(s) motherboard / Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro + Front panel
Power Supply Tagan BZ 900W / Corsair HX620w
Mouse Zowie AM
Keyboard Qpad MK-50
Software Windows 7 Pro 64Bit / Windows XP
Benchmark Scores 64CU Fury: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11269229 / X850XT PE http://www.3dmark.com/3dm05/5532432

They used Nikos mosfets opn their entire AM4 lineup even on their top end board the X370 Titanium. Heck they even used them in a lot of the am3 boards, and lower end mobos. Nikos mosfets are known to the worst in the industry, they are very inefficient, overheat like hell and sometimes blow up, even under mild overclocking conditions. Heck they even melt the thermal pads and the oil of the thermal pad bleeds through the pcb due to the heat.

I'm suddenly reminded of Apple's screen-rot problem. Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 battery problem, Nvidia's mobile Geforce GPU failure problem, Intel's common and ongoing errata problems, AMD's long string of problems in various area's of tech, the bad capacitor distribution that effected nearly every sector of the tech industry last decade and I can't help but remember the commonality of them all. Can you gentlemen guess what that commonality is? No? Let's help you out.

1. Most people over-react to problems they can't control.
2. Tech companies are run by people[you know, of the flawed human-being variety].
3. People make mistakes.
4. Companies, being run by people, sometimes make group mistakes.
5. Good companies LEARN from mistakes and failures.
6. As a direct result of that learned knowledge, said companies make better products.

AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc., etc. all have in common the fact that they have made mistakes and have had failures.

Niko had, what every manufacturer has had, a brief bad run. The problem was fixed.

Oh and for the record, I took the heatsink off my personal Killer network card and guess what I didn't find underneath?
Could post reviews of benchmarks that show Killer Network cards beating out everything, including Intel, in network performance. And there's a ton of them. There's no need to do that for something that is common knowledge.

MSI is one of the most popular and well respected brands on the market. They, like every other popular brand, have worked hard to be what they are. Calling them "mediocre" is patently ignorant.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I'm suddenly reminded of Apple's screen-rot problem. Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 battery problem, Nvidia's mobile Geforce GPU failure problem, Intel's common and ongoing errata problems, AMD's long string of problems in various area's of tech, the bad capacitor distribution that effected nearly every sector of the tech industry last decade and I can't help but remember the commonality of them all. Can you gentlemen guess what that commonality is? No? Let's help you out.

1. Most people over-react to problems they can't control.
2. Tech companies are run by people[you know, of the flawed human-being variety].
3. People make mistakes.
4. Companies, being run by people, sometimes make group mistakes.
5. Good companies LEARN from mistakes and failures.
6. As a direct result of that learned knowledge, said companies make better products.

AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc., etc. all have in common the fact that they have made mistakes and have had failures.

Niko had, what every manufacturer has had, a brief bad run. The problem was fixed.

Oh and for the record, I took the heatsink off my personal Killer network card and guess what I didn't find underneath?
Could post reviews of benchmarks that show Killer Network cards beating out everything, including Intel, in network performance. And there's a ton of them. There's no need to do that for something that is common knowledge.

MSI is one of the most popular and well respected brands on the market. They, like every other popular brand, have worked hard to be what they are. Calling them "mediocre" is patently ignorant.

Those crappy mosfets have been on 4 generations of motherboards and have not improved. They are mediocre at best. Just because you apparently like MSI doesn't make their quality better. This isn't a single bad batch this isn't a once in a while thing. It is every board from the bottom of the barrel to their top tier.

Those crappy mosfets have been on 4 generations of motherboards and have not improved. They are mediocre at best. Just because you apparently like MSI doesn't make their quality better. This isn't a single bad batch this isn't a once in a while thing. It is every board from the bottom of the barrel to their top tier.
I have no favoritism to MSI. However, they are a top-tier company for a reason. You seem to be nitpicking instead of looking at the big picture.

Last edited:

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I have no favoritism to MSI. However, they are a top-tier company for a reason. You seem to be nitpicking instead if looking the big picture.

They actually aren't a top tier company. Reviews show that. They are a "large" company but they are about as top tier as buying a Kia.

They actually aren't a top tier company. Reviews show that. They are a "large" company but they are about as top tier as buying a Kia.
That's your opinion. It's isn't supported by general industry reviews. We could continue this back and forth. Instead let's agree to disagree.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
That's your opinion. It's isn't supported by general industry reviews. We could continue this back and forth. Instead let's agree to disagree.

Sales would dictate best companies correct? Well msi isn't one of the top 3.

Sales would dictate best companies correct? Well msi isn't one of the top 3.
That would be one metric. Quality of manufacturing, IE return/defective rate is another. Customer service and support is another. That list could keep going. MSI has maintained a very respectably low defect rate for an number of years now across all of their product lines. By way of qualification, I in general lean towards other brands when making recommendations. Asrock for mobo's, Asus and Dell for laptops, etc, etc. However, MSI's line of video cards are very good and have I personally use one [GTX760-ITX] in my HTPC. Their Dragon and Titan series of laptops are some of the best built, if pricey, I've ever seen. And their customer service standards are very good. They may not be in the top three as far a total sales, but over-all metrics show they are a top tier company. Saying otherwise would be like saying that Dell or HP are not top tier system builders.

Last edited:

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
That would be one metric. Quality of manufacturing, IE return/defective rate is another. Customer service and support is another. That list could keep going. MSI has maintained a very respectably low defect rate for an number of years now across all of their product lines. By way of qualification, I general lean towards other brands when making recommendations. Asrock for mobo's, Asus and Dell for laptops, etc, etc. However, MSI's line of video cards are very good and have I personally use one [GTX760-ITX] in my HTPC. Their Dragon and Titan series of laptops are some of the best built, if pricey, I've ever seen. And their customer service standards are very good. They may not be in the top three as far a total sales, but over-all metrics show they are a top tier company. Saying otherwise would be like saying that Dell or HP are not top tier system builders.

Well according to the stock market they are down in all metrics year of year. I don't know what you get there defect rate numbers from, but their laptops have one of the highest RMA rates in the industry ( I work in it). Dell and HP lead the industry in sales, MSI does not. MSI's RMA service is also far from the best, but having used to RMA one of my many 1080Ti's I can say it at least functions and contact was reasonably good. From the other side of the wall the contacts I have inside the company are as responsive as Dell/Lenovo/Asus if a smidgen slower.

Well according to the stock market they are down in all metrics year of year. I don't know what you get there defect rate numbers from, but their laptops have one of the highest RMA rates in the industry ( I work in it). Dell and HP lead the industry in sales, MSI does not. MSI's RMA service is also far from the best, but having used to RMA one of my many 1080Ti's I can say it at least functions and contact was reasonably good. From the other side of the wall the contacts I have inside the company are as responsive as Dell/Lenovo/Asus if a smidgen slower.
I work in the industry as well. Used to work for Dell. But not interested in arguing a point that is blatantly obvious.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I work in the industry as well. Used to work for Dell. But not interested in arguing a point that is blatantly obvious.

The point is of all of the big brands MSI is the bottom of the barrel.