• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
tried i play this
and no luck :(

YT don't have a 5.1ch sound.
============================================

make sure "Dolby Home theater" is activate!!

9.png

and now.....try this vid:

Last edited:
System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Guys bare in mind in PC world we are dealing with Dolby DIGITAL ,DTS DIGITAL Surround , Dolby Digital Live , DTS Interactive and lately introduced by Microsoft Dolby ATMOS Home Theater for full true multi channel audio .
That is very important to understand as this are not only names and figures but stands for industrial standards which are technically defined .

Not to get too technical but forget DTS-HD MASTER or Dolby Digital HD which are again industrial standards well defined in technical terms with much higher sampling rate and channels supported and exceed optical and SPDIF capabilities.

Dolby ATMOS For Home Theather will work if proper equipment is used and proper HDMI cable .

Dolby ATMOS for Headphones is a virtual software solution that simulates multi channel surround environment to 2 ch Speakers or headphones nothing else .

Last edited:

matteuk

Hi everyone can someone please help me out, does anyone has a driver that lets you use HD audio with creative mb5 software as well as DTS interactive or connect

my codec is Realtek alc889

hardware IDs

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1458A132&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1458A132

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Hi everyone can someone please help me out, does anyone has a driver that lets you use HD audio with creative mb5 software as well as DTS interactive or connect

my codec is Realtek alc889

hardware IDs

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1458A132&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1458A132

If you use MB5 modification forget DTS Interactive or Dolby Digital Live ..it cant work together

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Ah ok that explains it, what about other enhancements to ddl and dts such as srs and dolby theatre v4. Is there a mod out there?
No it cant work together while DAX , SRS (obsolete and not developed any more as it is acquired by DTS ) , DTS Studio , DFX (pay application) are just taht Enhancers to make crapy sound from laptops sound less crap but still crap .. and are all SOFTWARE based not hardware based for enhancing 2 ch AUDIO exclusively.

While DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live are hardware based , within DDL you get DOLBY tab to enable DHT but thats on different level then DAX .

Audio by Harmman CRAP , audio by Bo CRAP Audio by Beats CRAP is an marketing BS to promote who build in crapy speakers on laptop's absolutely nothing to do with sound it self exempt maybe some customized Audio control panel .

MB5 Creative is hacked software that has been exclusively developed for some prime motherboards or laptop models
MB3 by Creative is the same but pay software (29USD) and it works on any Realtek chip.

MB5 is fazing out and gets heavily replaced by Nahimic , Sonic and stuff like that

MB3 and MB5 has 5.1 abilities but not encoded .

matteuk

No it cant work together while DAX , SRS (obsolete and not developed any more as it is acquired by DTS ) , DTS Studio , DFX (pay application) are just taht Enhancers to make crapy sound from laptops sound less crap but still crap .. and are all SOFTWARE based not hardware based for enhancing 2 ch AUDIO exclusively.

While DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live are hardware based , within DDL you get DOLBY tab to enable DHT but thats on different level then DAX .

Audio by Harmman CRAP , audio by Bo CRAP Audio by Beats CRAP is an marketing BS to promote who build in crapy speakers on laptop's absolutely nothing to do with sound it self exempt maybe some customized Audio control panel .

MB5 Creative is hacked software that has been exclusively developed for some prime motherboards or laptop models
MB3 by Creative is the same but pay software (29USD) and it works on any Realtek chip.

MB5 is fazing out and gets heavily replaced by Nahimic , Sonic and stuff like that

MB3 and MB5 has 5.1 abilities but not encoded .

Ok thats a shame really i would love more control with home theatre like, what about bass redirection can I get that option with DTS interactive? which by the way sounds better out of the two protocols

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Ok thats a shame really i would love more control with home theatre like, what about bass redirection can I get that option with DTS interactive? which by the way sounds better out of the two protocols

you dont need bass redirection as you use encoded signal it is defined by DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live algorithms ...you can add amount of bass and other effects by using EQ /effects tab from the Audio manager
Bass redirection is bounded with 6ch direct or analogue out it is for purpose if you have a SUB system that has lower crossover then usually 100Hz to set it otherwise it is not necessary .
If you set lower then sub system specified you will not get the whole amount BASS and sub frequencies .
The amount of bass is diferent and if you want more deeper BASS then just push up 31hz on the EQ , too much of that may distort your SUB and BASS altogether so you have to proceed slowly until you find the range you like, play with 31 ,62,120 hz on the EQ this are bass and sub frequencies.

Which sounds better DTSI or DDL ? in my opinion it is DTS Interactive it is more dynamic and use 24bit audio in whole range of 5.1 while DDL is 16bit both are 48Khz and that is the limit .
I also find that DTSI has much better panning and better surround environment then DDL.
However both of them are passthrough once a true DTS or Dolby Digital signal is detected so it wont influence the original stream .
Example my system is set to DTS I and it shows DTS Digital on the Z5500 pod display while set in stream analyzer mod , once I play a BD wich is Dolby it chance the stream to DOLBY now Dolby is shown on the display Dolby 16bit 48Khz ..back to normal music playing or what ever it shows DTS Digital 24bit 48Khz. When I paly a DTS movi it shows DTS Digital 24bit 48Khz , so you got the picture .
I believe it is personal choice which one of this two sounds better .

Last edited:

matteuk

you dont need bass redirection as you use encoded signal it is defined by DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live algorithms ...you can add amount of bass and other effects by using EQ /effects tab from the Audio manager
Bass redirection is bounded with 6ch direct or analogue out it is for purpose if you have a SUB system that has lower crossover then usually 100Hz to set it otherwise it is not necessary .
If you set lower then sub system specified you will not get the whole amount BASS and sub frequencies .
The amount of bass is diferent and if you want more deeper BASS then just push up 31hz on the EQ , too much of that may distort your SUB and BASS altogether so you have to proceed slowly until you find the range you like, play with 31 ,62,120 hz on the EQ this are bass and sub frequencies.

Which sounds better DTSI or DDL ? in my opinion it is DTS Interactive it is more dynamic and use 24bit audio in whole range of 5.1 while DDL is 16bit both are 48Khz and that is the limit .
I also find that DTSI has much better panning and better surround environment then DDL.
However both of them are passthrough once a true DTS or Dolby Digital signal is detected so it wont influence the original stream .
Example my system is set to DTS I and it shows DTS Digital on the Z5500 pod display while set in stream analyzer mod , once I play a BD wich is Dolby it chance the stream to DOLBY now Dolby is shown on the display Dolby 16bit 48Khz ..back to normal music playing or what ever it shows DTS Digital 24bit 48Khz. When I paly a DTS movi it shows DTS Digital 24bit 48Khz , so you got the picture .

ok cool ive got a 500w Panasonic 5.1 that does DTS my last question would be what is the best driver to use right now. Also DTS Neo PC, this is the only kind of "feature" i can get but, what does it do

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
ok cool ive got a 500w Panasonic 5.1 that does DTS my last question would be what is the best driver to use right now. Also DTS Neo PC, this is the only kind of "feature" i can get but, what does it do
If you use on-board audio what motherboard is it ? if it is a Audio card ..what card do you use ? ..how do you connect to your receiver ?

matteuk

If you use on-board audio what motherboard is it ? if it is a Audio card ..what card do you use ? ..how do you connect to your receiver ?

gigabyte z68xp-ud4 with realtek HD audio alc889 via spdif optical

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
how did you get both 5.1 on windows audio and realtek? my windows audio only show dolby digita, no DTS, realtek show DTS and DDL 5.1. I want 5.1 in both windows audio and realtek. any suggestions?

do you have asus board ? did you care to check my page ?

gigabyte z68xp-ud4 with realtek HD audio alc889 via spdif optical

all right I checkd your specifications your mobo and audio setup is :

1. Realtek ALC889 codec
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  4. Support for Dolby® Home Theater
  5. Support for S/PDIF Out
That doesn't necessary mean Dolby Digital Live ..if by any chance you have Dolby Digital Live and want to go with it you should use your manufacturers drives , however if this DHT is one of the Software solutions DAX 1 , 2 or whatever and you dont have DOlby Digital Live 5.1 surround to select that means only native DOLBY and DTS are sported as pass-through once such contest is detected but you wont gain all time 5.1 as you miss Dolby Digital LIve or DTS Interactive (gaming , music videos that are not Dolby or DTS ) in this case check my page :

http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/

read the instructions carefully EXPLORE THE PAGE and follow them step by step and it may be that you end up with full DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live on your board , as it is GIABYTE you have great chances ..ASUS unfortunately has issues with DTS interactive ongoing more then 6 months now and I start to believe that ASUS lost DTS Interactive licence and is drooped out of the game or they have issue that they are not aware off .

Last edited by a moderator:

matteuk

all right I checkd your specifications your mobo and audio setup is :

1. Realtek ALC889 codec
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  4. Support for Dolby® Home Theater
  5. Support for S/PDIF Out
That doesn't necessary mean Dolby Digital Live ..if by any chance you have Dolby Digital Live and want to go with it you should use your manufacturers drives , however if this DHT is one of the Software solutions DAX 1 , 2 or whatever and you dont have DOlby Digital Live 5.1 surround to select that means only native DOLBY and DTS are sported as pass-through once such contest is detected but you wont gain all time 5.1 as you miss Dolby Digital LIve or DTS Interactive (gaming , music videos that are not Dolby or DTS ) in this case check my page :

read the instructions carefully EXPLORE THE PAGE and follow them step by step and it may be that you end up with full DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live on your board , as it is GIABYTE you have great chances ..ASUS unfortunately has issues with DTS interactive ongoing more then 6 months now and I start to believe that ASUS lost DTS Interactive licence and is drooped out of the game or they have issue that they are not aware off .

I am using the link to the latest drivers on your site and i get full DTS i and DDL in the windows settings and it sounds great, even with youtube and vlc playing flac. Still I just wish there was a little bit more options on dts, I still cant figure out what neo pc does

Processor i5-3570
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON

And DTS bitrate is= 768kbps ~ 1.5MBps
While DD is=192kbps~640kbps

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
which page?

yes, I do have asus board.

well if you read what I wrote on most pages here or at least pay attention just a little bit you will know by now that there is and ongoing issue with ASUS boards and DTS Interactive from series 8 drivers (icluding me with my ASUS Z170-A ) ..I wont repeat my self like a parrot so I invite you to examine and possible READ what is writen here @ http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/ and try to figure out what you want to do next .

Best !

Processor i5-3570
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
how did you get both 5.1 on windows audio and realtek? my windows audio only show dolby digita, no DTS, realtek show DTS and DDL 5.1. I want 5.1 in both windows audio and realtek. any suggestions?

Go to "device manager" and att your audio driver using ""hdxrt4.inf"
worked for me

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I get error when attempt to install. system cannot find file specified. in test mode, disabled driver signature at start.
what do you install exactly ? and how ?...the way you wrote it is like when you come to a mechanic and say.."my car is broken"

what do you install exactly ? and how ?...the way you wrote it is like when you come to a mechanic and say.."my car is broken"

I want to enable dolby didital and DTS 5.1 in windows audio default format look like in pic in post #2495.

upload_2017-10-24_20-22-13.png

My equipment is: Acer Aspire 5 (Model: A515-51G) Realtek High Definition Audio ALC255. Which sound driver should I download and install?

matteuk

And just to be clear is there no possible way I could get bass redirection set at 40hz with DTS over optical? for things like youtube and windows in general. I can use bass redirection on AC3 filter but that only works with windows media player classic. I just really prefer the sound at 40hz, bass isn't too aggressive but still gets nice and deep

Opinions welcome from everyone

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
what's in your dts tab?
the DTS panning slider for more spaceuse sound , movie and music mode as usual
dtspanning.jpg

And just to be clear is there no possible way I could get bass redirection set at 40hz with DTS over optical? for things like youtube and windows in general. I can use bass redirection on AC3 filter but that only works with windows media player classic. I just really prefer the sound at 40hz, bass isn't too aggressive but still gets nice and deep

Opinions welcome from everyone
no you cant as it is encoded signal even on my Creative OMNI as soon as I select Encoder and Dolby Digital Live the bass redirection grays out ..which is normal, you want to redirect bass ..you have to go full analogue 5.1

My equipment is: Acer Aspire 5 (Model: A515-51G) Realtek High Definition Audio ALC255. Which sound driver should I download and install?
any one , doesn't apply to you as you dont have multichannel capabilities 2ch only ..so chose what ever you like however my advice stay with latest ACER drivers for your device .

Last edited by a moderator: