• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Launches Value-Oriented Cynosa Chroma Keyboards

Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced two new additions to the Razer Cynosa Chroma line, a feature-packed but value-priced family of gaming keyboards complete with the personalization and immersion factors that gamers need. Each Cynosa Chroma keyboard sports soft-cushioned keys for a comfortable and responsive touch experience and a spill-resistant design for durability. It also features individually-backlit RGB keys for a colorfully immersive gaming experience driven by Razer Chroma technology.

For those who want a step up in aesthetics, the Cynosa Chroma Pro keyboard features 24 customizable lighting zones underneath the base of the keyboard. This "underglow" lighting effect is the first for a Razer keyboard and provides an added dimension of visual feedback and game integration.

"Razer Chroma is a crucial technology for creating the most immersive gaming experience possible," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "With the Razer Cynosa and Cynosa Pro keyboards, more gamers will have access to this experience. Cynosa is the most full-featured entry-level keyboard for gamers today."

Unlike other value keyboards, each key on the Cynosa Chroma and Cynosa Chroma Pro is customizable and individually backlit with 16.8 million color options. Officially integrated lighting profiles that change dynamically during gameplay can be activated upon installation for "Overwatch," "Quake Champions," "Diablo" and other popular games.

The Razer Cynosa Chroma and Cynosa Chroma Pro are the first Razer keyboards interfacing with Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) software. Synapse allows users to choose lighting and performance parameters, including their own macros and key binds, and it can be accessed from any computer. The newest version of the cloud-based configurator allows more customization than ever before, with new lighting effects, settings and more.

For more information about Razer Synapse 3, Razerzone.com/synapse-3.

Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Soft cushioned gaming-grade keys
  • Individually customizable backlit keys
  • Spill-resistant durable design
  • 10 key rollover with anti-ghosting
  • Chroma backlighting and underglow with 16.8 million customizable color options
  • Razer Synapse enabled
  • Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
  • Gaming mode option
  • 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
Pricing and Availability
  • U.S. $59.99 / EU €69.99
  • Razerzone.com - Available Now
  • Worldwide -Q4 2017

Razer Cynosa Chroma Pro
  • Soft cushioned gaming-grade keys
  • Individually customizable backlit keys
  • Spill-resistant durable design
  • 10 key rollover with anti-ghosting
  • Chroma backlighting with 16.8 million customizable color options
  • Razer Chroma Underglow with 24 customization zones
  • Razer Synapse enabled
  • Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
  • Gaming mode option
  • 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
Pricing and Availability
  • U.S. $79.99 / EU €89.99
  • Razerzone.com - Razerstore Exclusive - Available Now

For more information about the Razer Cynosa Chroma and Razer Cynosa Chroma Pro, please visit www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-cynosa-chroma

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
"value oriented" Breaks after 1 day?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So value orientated, they couldnt even afford to have one made to take pictures of it.

This is a time where the saying 'A picture paints a thousand words...' actually means "Im sorry but we were too lazy to photograph a working sample"

To be fair Razer quality levels are consistently very good. This keyboard seems like another winner for them.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
To be fair Razer quality levels are consistently very good. This keyboard seems like another winner for them.

There are plenty of people on these forums who would dispute this. How can you you tell its a winner just by looking at 3d renderings of a product?

There are plenty of people on these forums who would dispute this. How can you you tell its a winner just by looking at 3d renderings of a product?
Yeah and there are a fair number of whiny children, who think that their singular isolated experiences are representative of the whole, in these forums too. Go figure, eh? My conclusion is based on multiple experiences and the fact that when Razer releases a render, rarely does the actual product differ. Additionally, you failed to notice that I used the word "seems", directly implying that my statement was an optimistic hypothesis. Contextual comprehension is an important skill that unfortunately seems[<--] to be increasingly rare.

To be fair Razer quality levels are consistently very good.

System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
That's the best you've got? Come on, try harder.
You seem pretty salty, almost Fanboy levels salty.

Let me give you my example from my college years -
Razer mamba, broke after 2 months, left mouse button was giving quadriple clicks.
Razer Lycosa - after 5 months space and W+A keys became buggy and would register as 2-3 clicks after 1 click.
Razer Tiamat - after two weeks, right earphone broke and started giving a buzzing sound during any usage.
Razer Megalodon - after 3 months Onboard Audio Processing unit would randomly turn off during usage, followed by after around 7 months buzzing in right left headphone.
Razer Tartarus (or what ever was its name, the model before this one) - was actually nice, usage it a lot when played WoW. Besides squeaky controlled nothing really happened to it.

Only thing that never broke was mouse mat.
Before you try the "yeah you dont take care of your hardware bla bla bla"card... I always clean everything, never hit my hardware, control volume levels and take good care of my equipment.
Good example can be my daily driver SteelSeries 6gv2 which is live and kicking for 7th year now.

You seem pretty salty, almost Fanboy levels salty.
Yup, that's gotta be it.
Let me give you my example from my college years -
Razer mamba, broke after 2 months, left mouse button was giving quadriple clicks.
Razer Lycosa - after 5 months space and W+A keys became buggy and would register as 2-3 clicks after 1 click.
Razer Tiamat - after two weeks, right earphone broke and started giving a buzzing sound during any usage.
Razer Megalodon - after 3 months Onboard Audio Processing unit would randomly turn off during usage, followed by after around 7 months buzzing in right left headphone.
Razer Tartarus (or what ever was its name, the model before this one) - was actually nice, usage it a lot when played WoW. Besides squeaky controlled nothing really happened to it.

Only thing that never broke was mouse mat.
Before you try the "yeah you dont take care of your hardware bla bla bla"card... I always clean everything, never hit my hardware, control volume levels and take good care of my equipment.
Good example can be my daily driver SteelSeries 6gv2 which is live and kicking for 7th year now.
I've not had those experiences and don't know anyone IRL who has. Perhaps you're just hard on things?

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified